remaining league games

maroonsgotop

we have 11 games left.

pre split we have 2 home and 4 away.

If the bottom 6 remains the same it looks like we would then have for the post split games, 2 at home (St Mirren and St Johnstone) and 3 away (Hamilton, Killie & Ross County) meaning we have only 4 home games left and 7 away.

Anyone any idea if there is any chance one of the post split games might be changed from away to home. 

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I don’t mind having more away games. We’re a bag of nerves at home.

Did you no see the Saints and Falkirk games? 

9 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

we have 11 games left.

If the bottom 6 remains the same it looks like we would then have for the post split games, 2 at home (St Mirren and St Johnstone) and 3 away (Hamilton, Killie & Ross County) meaning we have only 4 home games left and 7 away.

Anyone any idea if there is any chance one of the post split games might be changed from away to home. 

To an extent it depends on what the other bottom 6 teams' fixtures are, but it's pretty likely that we'll play someone at home a third time to get a 19-19 balance. 

Jambof3tornado
46 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hahaha coz we are busting it away from home right enough!!!

King Of The Cat Cafe
31 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

To an extent it depends on what the other bottom 6 teams' fixtures are, but it's pretty likely that we'll play someone at home a third time to get a 19-19 balance. 

We had 19 home games last season - two after the split.

We had 16 before the split in 2018 and two after

We have 16 before the split this season.

So maybe we should be entitled to three after

However, this is the SPFL we are talking about: do you expect logic?

49 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We have won 1 away league game all season. 
In fact I don’t even know when the last league match we did win before Hibs this season??? Anybody any idea? It must have been over a year ago. 

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

we have 11 games left.

We'll play Killie or Hibs at home for a 3rd time depending on who finishes 7th 

Hamilton a 

Ross C a

St Mirren h

St Johnstone h

Killie/Hibs h 

Thats the way it should pan out unless we get shafted again and knowing how soft as shite Budge is i wouldn't rule it out tbh 

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Did you no see the Saints and Falkirk games? 

True, but first half at Perth we looked as comfortable (goalie apart) as we've looked away this season. Second half not so much, but we do have it in us to dominate away.

Edited by whodanny

StevenNaismith
12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We'll play Killie or Hibs at home for a 3rd time depending on who finishes 7th 

Hamilton a 

Ross C a

St Mirren h

St Johnstone h

Killie/Hibs h 

Thats the way it should pan out unless we get shafted again and knowing how soft as shite Budge is i wouldn't rule it out tbh 

There’s not a chance they would make Hibs come to us 3 times. 

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

If they finish in the bottom six instead of Killie they'll have to unless Ross County are safe 

gorgie rd eh11
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If they finish in the bottom six instead of Killie they'll have to unless Ross County are safe 

How is this possible?

2 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

hibs can't come to us three times.

Am I missing something ? Hibs have been to Tynie once this season, before Christmas. We won at Fester in September, and we visit again on the 3rd of March. So if we meet them after the split how will they come to ours 3 times ?  We've only played them once at home, haven't we ?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, whodanny said:

Am I missing something ? Hibs have been to Tynie once this season, before Christmas. We won at Fester in September, and we visit again on the 3rd of March. So if we meet them after the split how will they come to ours 3 times ?  We've only played them once at home, haven't we ?

👍

5 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

How is this possible?

A couple of years ago we had to go to Ibrox 3 times because we had nothing to play for when  Hibs and Rangers were battling it out for Europe, as Hibs/Killie would have nothing to play for and we are battling relegation they would have to come to Tynecastle  to give us a 19/19 Split Think it's more a question of Killie finishing 7th 

Edited by ramrod

gorgie rd eh11
Just now, ramrod said:

A couple of years ago we had to go to Ibrox 3 times because we had nothing to play for when  Hibs and Rangers were battling it out for Europe, as Hibs/Killie would have nothing to play for and we are battling relegation they would have to come to Tynecastle 3 times to give us a 19/19 Split 

If hibs are in the bottom 6 we'll have played them twice at easter road and once at Tynecastle. Unless they're coming to us twice after the split then they won't be at Tynecastle 3 times.

Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

If hibs are in the bottom 6 we'll have played them twice at easter road and once at Tynecastle. Unless they're coming to us twice after the split then they won't be at Tynecastle 3 times.

Yeah my mistake it's Killie that we'll get at home unless Hibs blow the top six 

means we've missed a home Derby , Celtic and Dons at home , costly stuff 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, rick witter said:

In fact I don’t even know when the last league match we did win before Hibs this season??? Anybody any idea? It must have been over a year ago. 

There’s a thread on it,the last league game we won outside Edinburgh was March 9th 2019 against Dundee.

Edited by Pasquale for King

42 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Exactly.  Killie three times looks more likely but the final derby if they bottle it will be at home. Twice each. 

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Exactly.  Killie three times looks more likely but the final derby if they bottle it will be at home. Twice each. 

We never beat Killie at home so I hope not. Put an L in the column for that one. 

We are run like a bunch of diddies. Yet again the failures of the way our 'footballing department' has been run has seen us at a competitive disadvantage (not that Tynie is an advantage nowadays) and ST holders shafted.

And people want sratues built

:wtf:

been here before
39 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are run like a bunch of diddies. Yet again the failures of the way our 'footballing department' has been run has seen us at a competitive disadvantage (not that Tynie is an advantage nowadays) and ST holders shafted.

For some reason you seem to have appointed yourself some sort of Guardian of Season Ticket Holders. As a ST holder if I was looking for someone to worry about my interests its extremely unlikely that Id choose one of lifes leeches to do so.

Thanks for your concern though but your probably more suited to ranting and swearing about an old woman online whilst boycotting everything HMFC.

Edited by been here before

10 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

We had 19 home games last season - two after the split.

We had 16 before the split in 2018 and two after

We have 16 before the split this season.

So maybe we should be entitled to three after

However, this is the SPFL we are talking about: do you expect logic?

Sorry mate... it's only the arse cheeks that are entitled to have the fixtures manipulated so that they have an even number of games home and away, season on season. But we all know this.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

13 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

this.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
15 hours ago, rick witter said:

I think Killie.

25 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sadly, Hibs will not be bottom 6 in my opinion. They have made some astute signings in January, with Docherty and McNulty being particularly impressive. 

They should be looking at top 4. I know I would be if I was in their camp. 

Anyway, that's my thoughts, painful that they are.

Not surprising they have got players in who know the league and their form has improved. 
Docherty is a very good signing and would have made our midfield a hell of a lot better. We chose to go for Langer who looks even slower than the midfield we already had!! 

Edited by rick witter

Austin MacGlee
27 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Not surprising they have got players in who know the league and their form has improved. 
Docherty is a very good signing and would have made our midfield a hell of a lot better. We chose to go for Langer who looks even slower than the midfield we already had!! 

Wanted Docherty at Hearts before rangers signed him. He'd have made a massive difference. 

56 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yep. Agreed. 

It is what it is, rick, and it's all about staying up.

Hopefully we can stay in the league and kick on next season. 
I think Boyce will do well in a Hearts team that is more creative. 
Jones, Murphy and Stewart as well as Docherty are all players who could make a big difference at Hearts. Maybe get Gordon back and there are a good few other players who are experienced in Scotland that could do a job. 

pettigrewsstylist

County just won at Aberdeen. Gonna call it and say that's 9th place now gone. The fight, ( if we have one),  is for 10th.

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

County just won at Aberdeen. Gonna call it and say that's 9th place now gone. The fight, ( if we have one),  is for 10th.

Who cares? What's the difference between 7th and 10th apart from a few £'s prize money

We will get 3 at home after the split. The one season we didn't there was nothing at stake for us. If there is an imbalance it will be addressed elsewhere. 

17 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

You know we’ve only had one derby at home to them in the league. We’ve been there once and go again next week.....

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Is it only me that read sratues in a scooby doo voice? 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Sorry mate... it's only the arse cheeks that are entitled to have the fixtures manipulated so that they have an even number of games home and away, season on season. But we all know this.

Not true. Fixtures are swapped for every season to achieve 19 home and 19 away for each team. The only time teams have to play 20 home/18 away is when it's impossible to avoid.

Assuming the bottom 6 stays the same:

- Killie will be coming to us for a third time,

- Hamilton will go to Ross County for a third time,

- Hamilton will also go to St Mirren for a third time.

This is the only way to maintain the home/away balance while "swapping" the fewest fixtures. Hamilton may feel aggrieved at having to go to two rivals for a third time, and it is a nonsense, but it's less unfair than them having extra home games.

21 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

we have 11 games left.

Hopefully Killie catch Hibs then surely we’ll be due another home game?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The way we are clinging on is ridiculous. Honestly can’t believe we’re not down already. So lucky not to be seven or eight point adrift 

22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The way we are clinging on is ridiculous. Honestly can’t believe we’re not down already. So lucky not to be seven or eight point adrift 

We might be poor but 'Relegated in February' 

Even by your standards a new low in nonsense. 🙄

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We might be poor but 'Relegated in February' 

Even by your standards a new low in nonsense. 🙄

Zzzzzzzz. JKB’s deluded cheerleader surfaces again.

11 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Aye, that's why they can't come to us 3 times.

Ah.  I thought somebody was claiming we could have had Hibs at home three times this season. 

21 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Purple patch for our final 5 fixtures.

5 wins on the bounce!!

You heard it here 1st!!

... and last!!

😂

Ricardo Quaresma

Last 6 splits:

2 Each H/A with kilmarnock & the shi*e (😂)

1 Each H/A with ST J & Liedown

2 home to Ross County, none away

Never played hamilton post split

Incidentally, in those 6, 4 times away to the sheep and 1 home

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Added more