• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• Unknown user

• Салатные палочки

• BelgeJambo

Just now, Rudy T said:

Same!

ffs....  JJ on open goal for a title please !!

Absolutely. Had that sinking feeling in my stomach for a moment. JJ is Mr. Hearts: a brother/dad/uncle to us all. 

32 minutes ago, chazza74 said:

Monday 24th mate

And for listeners in Peebles thats 2020, so a good few years to wait. 

52 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

There must be a job for him at the club he would be interested in. 

Think Edinburgh City would have something to say about that 

Oh brilliant! Been hoping Si ferry would get JJ in for a while now. Love it if he got Presley & Gordon on. Interesting to hear their take on the madVlad years! Rudi Skacel, John Robertson, Dave MacPherson and John Colquhoun would be a good watch too. Seems a while since he had a Hearts connection on (apart from the Michael Stewart..on the road one). Enjoyed Steve Fulton, Gary Naysmith, Gary Locke, David Weir, David Templeton, Kevin Kyle and Paul Hartley's so far. (Sure I've missed one or two out!).

Edited by jambonian

Here’s hoping he slaps Si about for allowing weekly Stendel bashing’s on his podcast. Derek Ferguson this week saying Hearts should’ve appointed Tommy Wright and saying that hearts don’t have an identity under Stendel haha you couldn’t write it. When Si tried to bring up Levein it was ignored as per. Derek also reminded us that Rangers had 4 clear cut chances vs us and that we played “no bad” in that game. Slaney thought hearts should’ve lost 4-0 at Hamilton as the red card wasn’t a red, no mention of the offside goal. Big bad foreigner coming in here and taken away jobs from honest managers like Tommy Wright. Sort him out JJ. 

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Here’s hoping he slaps Si about for allowing weekly Stendel bashing’s on his podcast. Derek Ferguson this week saying Hearts should’ve appointed Tommy Wright and saying that hearts don’t have an identity under Stendel haha you couldn’t write it. When Si tried to bring up Levein it was ignored as per. Derek also reminded us that Rangers had 4 clear cut chances vs us and that we played “no bad” in that game. Slaney thought hearts should’ve lost 4-0 at Hamilton as the red card wasn’t a red, no mention of the offside goal. Big bad foreigner coming in here and taken away jobs from honest managers like Tommy Wright. Sort him out JJ. 

All great in theory but JJ was on BBC Sportsound being pretty bitter about McCann not getting the gig.

All the players he's had on who talk about him all absolutely loved playing under him.  Can't wait to hear his stories.  Will be the best Monday in ages 

8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

All great in theory but JJ was on BBC Sportsound being pretty bitter about McCann not getting the gig.

Oh really. Never knew that. 

4 hours ago, chazza74 said:

Monday 24th mate

Thanks. Didn't see the date. Loved JJ. 98 beats 2012 cup win. I'm sure any fan who watched during the 70's and 80's will agree. 

Looking forward to this, looks like he's lost a bit of timber which is good to see.

The cup win in 98 was obviously immense, but what sometimes gets  lost is the quality of football that season.

We were regularly smashing it home and away, finishing just seven points behind Celtic. Some achievement on the modest budget we had at the time compared to the old firm. 

I really like Ferry's interviews. He is what he is and he makes no attempt to try and pretend he is something else. Can't not appreciate that. 

Looking forward to watching this one. 

Ainsley Harriott
7 hours ago, jr ewing said:

There must be a job for him at the club he would be interested in. 

Jeez we already have 3 former managers on the payroll 

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

I really like Ferry's interviews. He is what he is and he makes no attempt to try and pretend he is something else. Can't not appreciate that. 

They're good. I enjoyed the Stevie Fulton one. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Spot on.  He’s a great interviewer. 

2 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

Looking forward to this, looks like he's lost a bit of timber which is good to see.

The cup win in 98 was obviously immense, but what sometimes gets  lost is the quality of football that season.

We were regularly smashing it home and away, finishing just seven points behind Celtic. Some achievement on the modest budget we had at the time compared to the old firm. 

Modest budget ? Not sure what it was compared to OF then . Maybe closer than now .

Compared to the rest of Scottish

football ?

JJ - a true Hearts Legend 🏆.....

not one of these kid on ones that gets banded about on here!

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

JJ - a true Hearts Legend 🏆.....

not one of these kid on ones that gets banded about on here!

Every single Heart's player past or present on here is Shit so know idea you mean. 

Just your usual fishing post ?

20 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Modest budget ? Not sure what it was compared to OF then . Maybe closer than now .

Compared to the rest of Scottish

football ?

Modest as in not the money we spent in 2006. Aberdeen, Dundee Utd. Hibs and us were pretty much on an even keel at the time. The OF were raping the sky money at the expense of the rest of the league. JJ's recruitment was the difference. 

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If McCann had got the gig wonder who he would have wanted as SD? 

Guest ToqueJambo

Ferry's show is very Hearts focused in terms of guests. Is that just a coincidence or we just sign a lot of banter merchants and interesting storytellers (or used to)?

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, martoon said:

JJ is Mr. Hearts: a brother/dad/uncle to us all. 

:spoton:

55 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I love that man. 

Mr Jim :wub:

31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The world is a better place when you see JJ's beaming face. 

Yes.

Yes it is.

It's like slipping in to a warm bath on a cold night.

rudi must stay
30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ferry's show is very Hearts focused in terms of guests. Is that just a coincidence or we just sign a lot of banter merchants and interesting storytellers (or used to)?

It's funny because he generally knows nothing about Hearts "did he aye?" Is his response or a perplexed look when a certain player is mentioned. I think you're first comment is right

Really looking forward to it.  The team that Jim built was immense and 1998 was fantastic.  None of us will ever forget Robbo with the Cup.

Wonder what he will say about the de-construction of that side the following season.

Instead of building on it and having a real go at winning the league, our board in their infinite wisdom decided to sell it.

It should have been 10 (it should have) makes me angry.  What they did to Jim's team makes me angrier.

Jim is truly one of our legends.  Player, captain, manager, supporter.  Great man

Салатные палочки

Can't wait for this. JJ is an absolute hero and legend to us all. Glad to see he's looking great in that wee clip. 

13 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

Totally agree. Played some great football that season and was a joy to be a Jambo. 

Mr Brightside
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Really looking forward to it.  The team that Jim built was immense and 1998 was fantastic.  None of us will ever forget Robbo with the Cup.

Wonder what he will say about the de-construction of that side the following season.

Instead of building on it and having a real go at winning the league, our board in their infinite wisdom decided to sell it.

It should have been 10 (it should have) makes me angry.  What they did to Jim's team makes me angrier.

Jim is truly one of our legends.  Player, captain, manager, supporter.  Great man

We did spend money on contract renewals and players like Presley and McSwegan. We were poor in 98/99 think it was a hangover from the year before.

That was the start of our debt mountain so not sure there were funds available.

18 hours ago, jambonian said:

Oh brilliant! Been hoping Si ferry would get JJ in for a while now. Love it if he got Presley & Gordon on. Interesting to hear their take on the madVlad years! Rudi Skacel, John Robertson, Dave MacPherson and John Colquhoun would be a good watch too. Seems a while since he had a Hearts connection on (apart from the Michael Stewart..on the road one). Enjoyed Steve Fulton, Gary Naysmith, Gary Locke, David Weir, David Templeton, Kevin Kyle and Paul Hartley's so far. (Sure I've missed one or two out!).

Ian Black, Craig Beattie and Ryan McGowan as well. 

A complete gem of a man, who makes me smile every time I see him or hear him, he seems to have the respect of the Hobo's as well, really looking forward to Monday

31 minutes ago, kila said:

:jjyay:

That's about the 100th time I've heard the great man trying to say Mike Korotkich's name and he's not getting any closer. :rofl: 

Stick to Korky Jim.