Oh my days....

Serge

Салатные палочки
5 hours ago, The Brow said:

Birds with fat arses being described as 'thic'. Youre not thic, youre fat, for example, Demi Rose. A hideous creature who appears to do **** all other than get her fat arse out. I bet shes a right sloppy state in real life. 

Never heard of her but thanks for the heads up.  Just googled her and I must say I wouldn't say no to a roll around with that. 

:ruiner:

7 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Theres  like a lass at my like work who does this like all the time and like it's like really like annoying but like she's really like nice so like I don't like want to like be like too like harsh on her.

This is literally how she speaks and now I've started to say that shit sometimes 

:seething:

Don't get brainwashed resist  with all your might ,otherwise

:insufferable:

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

People over using the word "literally" literally annoys the hell out of me and adding "you know what I mean" to the end of a sentence literally drives me crazy you know what I mean?

Aye I literally blow my top off when I hear it... 

3 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

People that say a instead of I. 

You mean, "ah", that's simply Scots. Why would that bother you? 

William H. Bonney
41 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

No, i mean a. 

a don’t know what to do. 
a know 
a had a drink last night. 

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, The Brow said:

Birds with fat arses being described as 'thic'. Youre not thic, youre fat, for example, Demi Rose. A hideous creature who appears to do **** all other than get her fat arse out. I bet shes a right sloppy state in real life. 

I agree these bursds annoy me for doing literally nothing in their life other than showing pictures of their arse but aye...sloppy state alright 😋

0DA655D8-1F45-4648-B6B9-3456B6769D6B.jpeg

223DCCDC-4259-4B67-96C1-3F041A7C481D.jpeg

Edited by jack D and coke

AlphonseCapone
43 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

No, i mean a. 

a don’t know what to do. 
a know 
a had a drink last night. 

Sorry but that's Scots and it is spelt, "ah", as in, "ah dinnae ken". It's a perfectly acceptable form of speech in this country.

It used to be the language of Scottish courts until the union of the crowns and James moved the court to London and of course the language then used was proper English. This shifted the way the upper classes in Scotland spoke as they moved to sound more like those in the King's Court, and speaking in Scots was then looked down upon. Something that's still very prevalent these days. It's an interesting history but apologies for ruining the nature of the thread! 

https://www.scotslanguage.com/

More of Jack's posts please. 

17 hours ago, been here before said:

"Up top"

Folk who talk about players like they're pals, on first name terms or even worse using their nicknames (Sparky/Jig) or even even worse making their own nicknames up for them (Skinny)

"Holibobs"

"Cheeribye"

The sign of an arsehole. However there are worse- those posters on here, of which there are a few, who begun their posts with 'So...'. Its bad enough saying it but sitting there typing it takes it to a whole new level.

Holibobs. Wow. 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I agree these bursds annoy me for doing literally nothing in their life other than showing pictures of their arse but aye...sloppy state alright 😋

I’d never heard of her until about 5 minutes ago but, you’re dead right, that is definitely not a ‘sloppy state’.

No way, no how.

23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’d never heard of her until about 5 minutes ago but, you’re dead right, that is definitely not a ‘sloppy state’.

No way, no how.

You might be in a sloppy state after you finished though Morgan🤣

47 minutes ago, merrymac said:

You might be in a sloppy state after you finished though Morgan🤣

I'd certainly hope so, Mac.   :biggrin:

'

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

How come her tits are blue ?

been here before
On 20/02/2020 at 16:14, jack D and coke said:

People who start a sentence with “So”

Does my ****ing tits in. 

On 20/02/2020 at 16:20, ...a bit disco said:

*****. Every last one.

On 20/02/2020 at 17:39, merrymac said:

II'm with you on that one.

Check out Extinction Rebellion their people all do it :ermm:

On 20/02/2020 at 20:44, been here before said:

The sign of an arsehole. However there are worse- those posters on here, of which there are a few, who begun their posts with 'So...'. Its bad enough saying it but sitting there typing it takes it to a whole new level.

On 20/02/2020 at 22:13, Morgan said:

@been here before  hit it on the head a wee while ago.

Speaking the drivel is bad enough.  Actually writing it?  Well, goodness me.

First post on this thread....

:facepalm:

...a bit disco
20 minutes ago, been here before said:

First post on this thread....

:facepalm:

Tbf, I know him personally.

He is a *****.

:biggrin:

On 21/02/2020 at 04:16, It should have been ten said:

Gordon Bennett can **** off tae 

at least the gordon bennett phrase has a good origin. there was actually a gordon bennett, his father owned lots of newspapers and was hosting a party. gordon got drunk and relieved himself in the fireplace in front of everyone

been here before
10 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

How’s it going Chief.....

I’m not a f—-in Red Indian........

Not allowed to say red indian these days.

Thats some sort of ism thst means you're some sort of phobe that means someone somewhere is offended on behalf of someone who doesnt even know or care you've written that chief.

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, milky_26 said:

at least the gordon bennett phrase has a good origin. there was actually a gordon bennett, his father owned lots of newspapers and was hosting a party. gordon got drunk and relieved himself in the fireplace in front of everyone

:lol:

On 20/02/2020 at 16:14, jack D and coke said:

People who start a sentence with “So”

Does my ****ing tits in. 

So, when were you first aware of this causing you irritation?

😉

14 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Burst out laughin at that.

Unfortunately, it brings back memories of my mum catching me pissing into the washing machine :sad:

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

So, when were you first aware of this causing you irritation?

😉

:lol: 

Where did it even come from? All of a sudden twats everywhere doing it! 
 :seething:

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Unfortunately, it brings back memories of my mum catching me pissing into the washing machine :sad:

Kitchen bin for me :embarassed:

52 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It was the cat’s litter tray for me. 

I just about got away with that. Cat wasn’t best pleased though. 

On 20/02/2020 at 23:10, The Brow said:

Anyone white saying fam/bruv/you get me

You get that a lot in Bristol. Fair enough a black guy saying it but anyone form white origin saying it is just wrong. "Whiggers" :facepalm:

On 21/02/2020 at 11:24, AlphonseCapone said:

I got the girls saying "aye"  when working in Bristol. Now there's a city with fecked up use of the English language, ya jammer. :laugh:

My ex regulary used "Gert lush" (rather nice). Our 3rd kit is gert lush.

Edited by Marvin

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I got the girls saying "aye"  when working in Bristol. Now there's a city with fecked up use of the English language, ya jammer. :laugh:

My ex regulary used "Gert lush" (rather nice). Our 3rd kit is gert lush.

Is your ex Tom Kerridge?

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

My ex regulary used "Gert lush" (rather nice). Our 3rd kit is gert lush.

Rings a bell, Marv.

I think that profoundly unfunny Bristolian, Russel Howard, wrote and appeared in "A Gert Lush Christmas" or something similarly titled. His actor sister was in it too. Forget her name, something Howard, presumably, and she also played a crazed bitch in "Him & Her".

Bomber in Auf Weidersehen, Pet was a Bristolian. Loved that character and the way he referred to himself in the third person: "Bomber likes the sound of that" or "Bomber fancies a beer now". Not sure if that is a typical habit in Bristol generally.

Never been but it's always struck me as a city that goes it's own way and doesn't give a rat's what outsiders think.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Rings a bell, Marv.

I think that profoundly unfunny Bristolian, Russel Howard, wrote and appeared in "A Gert Lush Christmas" or something similarly titled. His actor sister was in it too. Forget her name, something Howard, presumably, and she also played a crazed bitch in "Him & Her".

Bomber in Auf Weidersehen, Pet was a Bristolian. Loved that character and the way he referred to himself in the third person: "Bomber likes the sound of that" or "Bomber fancies a beer now". Not sure if that is a typical habit in Bristol generally.

Never been but it's always struck me as a city that goes it's own way and doesn't give a rat's what outsiders think.

I actually like Bristol. Its not pretentious like other cities and people on the whole are really sound. My ex from there; her dad was from Aberdeen so of course I called him a Sheepshagger and she said "he's no from Wales, he's from Aberdeen" :gok:

On 21/02/2020 at 08:33, Les Izemore said:

Awrite san? Well I was until you greeted me with that abomination. 

When working in Safeway, many years ago, one of the bread delivery drivers usesd to say that.

17 minutes ago, martoon said:

Rings a bell, Marv.

A mate used to say back in the day, "That'll do Bomber" when he was in agreement with something. It sort of entered our chat and stuck, I still use now and again. Kids think I'm mental. 

Samuel Camazzola

The term 'worldy' when someone has scored a great goal (as in world class finish). Chronic!

Ive noticed a lot of Cockney types struggle with the use of the word 'were'. Guys like Joe Cole, Harry Redknapp and Paul Merson seem to always use 'was'. 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

A mate used to say back in the day, "That'll do Bomber" when he was in agreement with something. It sort of entered our chat and stuck, I still use now and again. Kids think I'm mental. 

I use Auf Weidersehenisms to this day, too. 😁  Brummie Barry's "quite frankly" and Oz's "howay and bollocks, man". My favourite prog of all time, specifically series 1 & 2, although the latter stuff was fine.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

I use Auf Weidersehenisms to this day, too. 😁  Brummie Barry's "quite frankly" and Oz's "howay and bollocks, man". My favourite prog of all time, specifically series 1 & 2, although the latter stuff was fine.

I saw Barry and his mrs in the little town I lived in over in Holland. I was too starstruck to say hello. Apparently he's into coastal boating.

Just now, Smithee said:

I saw Barry and his mrs in the little town I lived in over in Holland. I was too starstruck to say hello. Apparently he's into coastal boating.

I think I would have been starstruck too, Smithee. I'm sure him and wife did some kind of tv travelogue set around boating. 

• 3 months later...
On 20/02/2020 at 16:15, martoon said:

Glad it's not just me, Serge.

It's up there with sarnie, footy, Father Christmas and Crimbo.

I like England and the English but they do have some annoying phrases and words.

What's wrong with Father Christmas? Santa Claus is American 

On 20/02/2020 at 16:15, martoon said:

Glad it's not just me, Serge.

It's up there with sarnie, footy, Father Christmas and Crimbo.

I like England and the English but they do have some annoying phrases and words.