26 Years Ago

been here before

been here before

Twenty six years!!!

What an end to a game and what a pass from MacKay. Aimed for the gap through Bandy's legs. From near the back of the Dunbar End to near the front in about 5 seconds. Proper old fashioned melee.

Wayne, Wayne, Super Wayne...

images.jpeg.jpg.e735407c03ab0334bbe93724b8b4d638.jpg

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seem to recall that as a particularly shit season as well. Theres always a gem hidden away no matter how bad it gets

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seem to recall that as a particularly shit season as well. Theres always a gem hidden away no matter how bad it gets

True.

Was at that game with a couple of mates, stood slightly to the right of the right hand post.  Ended up about 5 yards further forward going mental!!

millerjames398

The lads with the 21 key, waving it at the tv box at the back of the dunbar end at the end of the game, ****in priceless😂, mckays quarterback pass for wayne, those were the balls over the top for a 1 v1 on the keeper, you dreamed of those when you played.

Hearts fans turning pet shop boys go west, into "hello we ****in hate hibees", similar to white stripes at the 06 semi v the vermin, a few lads started it, next it seemed like the full dunbar were belting it out, glorious times🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by millerjames398
Spell error

I remember I was playing in West Lothian that day and getting the result in the dressing room , remember us jambos ripping the shit out of a few that supported wee teams , f*****g brilliant!

The last of the great terracing celebrations imo. 

As others have said was near the back of the terracing and ended up nearer the front. 

Was my favourite Derby memory up until 2006 semi and 2012 final. 

The 21 sign popping up in front of cameras was so funny, even Derek Johnson was laughing at it. 

Some Hearts fans even sent 21st birthday cards into ER the next day. 🎂😁

A highlight in a poor season similar to this one. 

What a celebration !

Was stood in the middle...somewhere, just about recall the ball through to Fozzy, then i have to admit i wasnt confident he was going to do anything with it..but

Boosh.... right through Bandy Leightons legs.... Cue....

Image result for hysteria album cover

24 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I remember whingeing when Foster was brought on for, IIRC Robbo of all people. 
I ken **** all 😀

That's one of my favourite memories of the day, I was 14 and right up the front but some guy behind was shouting 

"He's taking off Robbo? Aw FFS he bringing on Foster, he couldnae score on a brothel" 

I was working in New York at the time.

no internet etc. Took 3 days to find the result and 2 weeks for my mum to send me the newspaper clippings.

my work collegues where absolutely shocked at the fans fenced in!!!

happy days

In the main stand that day.  There was pandemonium as the whole stand (our end anyway) went berserk long before the ball hit the net!

Happy days!!!

Watching the crowd in the clip and you can see segments of the Dunbar where there are huge sways of people. Anyone up next to the barriers down the front of the slope would have felt it! 

Bazzas right boot

14 year old. 

Taken ma "burd" to the game as a treat🤣

Wayne, Wayne super Wayne. 

Wayne, Wayne, super Wayne. 

Suuuuper waaaaaayne Foster. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

That's one of my favourite memories of the day, I was 14 and right up the front but some guy behind was shouting 

"He's taking off Robbo? Aw FFS he bringing on Foster, he couldnae score on a brothel" 

It was probably me

Guest ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

It's why we keep going back.

N Lincs Jambo

Yep, me, Mrs NLJ and another Jambo who posts on here from the capital of France were all at the back of the Dunbar Terrace and all going absolutely ****ing mental 😂 one of the best goal celebrations ever.

Best thing about it is that apart from the two goals we were never in it. Said to my mate that it looks like we’re taking it back to Tynie for a replay then Mackay plays that ball through to Fozzie....

As Bernard Matthews used to say “Bootiful”!