You don't see that every day

Boof

Getting my hair cut yesterday and had spent some of my waiting time beforehand clapping a French bulldog in the barber's.

Next I knew the wee fellow was hurtling across the floor on a skateboard :lol:

On a somewhat related note: Nazi Party flags. 

I remember taking a walk round the military museum at the Castle a few years ago and they have one in there from Hannover (I think) signed by the guys from 40 Commando who took it down.

Genuinely a double-take and blink sort of moment before I turned to the missus and said 'you don't see that everyday'.

Same thing happened at the captured U-505 exhibit at the Chicago Museum of Science and Infrastructure last weekend. 

Suspect Bomb.

Just got into Leeds train station, the centre was in ""lock down" around the passport office where my wife had an appointment at the same time ast the device was found, never had that happen infront of me before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/live-updates-bomb-squad-police-17781957.amp

Edited by Dawnrazor

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Coffin on the roof of a clapped out old banger doing about 50mph in Sierra Leone........no idea if it was empty or not 

Was playing bagpipes at a funeral few weeks ago and one of the directors let the coffin tip off the trolley they use to wheel it inside. Lucky for him all the guests where inside. I found it difficult to keep playing without pushing myself laughing. 

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Was it Shaun the Sheep?

But seriously, where?

Here in France, three or four summers ago.  

Fully grown sheep in a red coat, strolling along the beach.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seen a guy walking a cat yesterday. Was a bit LIKE WTF

Saw a guy in rural Yorkshire walking a ferret on a lead, same reaction.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Saw a guy in rural Yorkshire walking a ferret on a lead, same reaction.

Bloke walks about here with an eagle on his shoulder.

Just now, Morgan said:

Very well, thanks.  :thumbsup:

Yourself?

Not too good  for about 6 months up to January.

Much better now, fully recovered when the team gets out of this mess.!

Craig Gordons Gloves

A couple in the past few months.

1) A car driving along I-94 with a mattress on it's roof with all 4 occupants, including the driver with an arm out the window holding it down.

2) Learning to surf in the Dominican Republic last year and a golden retriever was surfing alongside us, on it's own board. 

3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Not too good  for about 6 months up to January.

Much better now, fully recovered when the team gets out of this mess.!

Fingers crossed for both, Mac.  

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

That would be pretty cool......I’d love an eagle 

It certainly looks cool.

People tend to give him a wide berth sometimes, others like to take pictures of him and the bird.

I must admit, I'm one of the 'wide berthers" !!

38 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It certainly looks cool.

People tend to give him a wide berth sometimes, others like to take pictures of him and the bird.

I must admit, I'm one of the 'wide berthers" !!

Is Janet a 'wide berther' too?

In a pub called the Captain's Rest in the west end of Glasgow a few years and a guy was in with a parrot on his shoulder. By the lack of reaction from most of the pub I assume he was a regular. 

I mind growing up in gala, there was a guy in the 80s going around town with a rat on his shoulder. Would even see him with it in some shops.

also, was there not a guy always walking his iguana around Edinburgh? Sure I used to see him around princes street gardens and/or calton  hill, mid 90s.

1 hour ago, superjack said:

I mind growing up in gala, there was a guy in the 80s going around town with a rat on his shoulder. Would even see him with it in some shops.

also, was there not a guy always walking his iguana around Edinburgh? Sure I used to see him around princes street gardens and/or calton  hill, mid 90s.

Was that not Bobby with the rat? Bit of a goth and worked in the record shop. I lodged in Gala when i was at college, Osmond Guest House, and rember a guy with the rat.

Years ago in The Volunteer Arms in Leith having a quiet mid afternoon pint when an old bloke sat next to me, ordered a pint and then took a white mouse out his jacket pocket and duped it on the bar. It proceeded to have a wee wander about then when he was leaving he picked it up, popped it back in his pocket and wandered out. 

Also in Leith in The Vine, quiet mid afternoon pint (there's a theme here) an old boy came into the pub in his pyjamas, dressing gown, and slippers. Sat at the bar with his Daily Record and had a pint.

I saw a gigantic Heron yesterday. 
Weirdest thing I ever saw was a rabbit shagging another rabbit, mate shot the recipient rabbit the shagger ran away but came back and started shagging the corpse. Didn’t have the heart to shoot it

Over 20 years ago, I seen/saw a guy walking down Jamaica St,  Glasgow, Backwards! as if it was his normal behaviour.  

Edited by ri Alban

10 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Was that not Bobby with the rat? Bit of a goth and worked in the record shop. I lodged in Gala when i was at college, Osmond Guest House, and rember a guy with the rat.

Not sure on name, but the goth bit rings a bell. Was late 80s I think, I left gala in 1990.

15 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Was playing bagpipes at a funeral few weeks ago and one of the directors let the coffin tip off the trolley they use to wheel it inside. Lucky for him all the guests where inside. I found it difficult to keep playing without pushing myself laughing. 

Big coffin!

With Lothian Buses reintroducing buses with separate doors for leaving it was probably inevitable that I would see someone trying to sneak on through the exit doors rather than paying at the front doors, what I didn't expect was that the person would try and sneak on while carrying a double mattress! 

All roads lead to Gorgie

A guy on a bike passed me one day, he was towing one of those trailer things designed to carry toddlers but instead it contained two dogs. I nearly had a heart attack when the dogs started barking at my own dog!

John Gentleman
17 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

What, inside the coffin?

Салатные палочки

Mid 90's, Queen Street Station on the way to a game, stopped in at Burger King for a quick scran.  A homeless looking character sits down at a table at the window.  He takes three wee plastic cartons of UHT milk and pours them into one of they wee foil ashtrays you used to get.  He then takes a wee black and white kitten out his pocket and it begins to lap up the milk. 

11 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Weirdest thing I ever saw was a rabbit shagging another rabbit, mate shot the recipient rabbit the shagger ran away but came back and started shagging the corpse. Didn’t have the heart to shoot it

It's how the shot rabbit would have wanted it. Your mate did it a favour, better way to go than mixamatosis!

Салатные палочки
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Over 20 years ago, I seen/saw a guy walking down Jamaica St,  Glasgow, Backwards! as if it was his normal behaviour.  

It was his normal behaviour, well for him at least anyway.  I think he was quite a well known character around then.  There was also a guy with no legs in a wheelchair who hung around that area, Jamaica St., St Enoch Square, bottom of Argyle St.  He constantly had a carry out in his lap, usually a litre of Grants vodka and eight cans of Super Lager.  

highlandjambo3
29 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

It was his normal behaviour, well for him at least anyway.  I think he was quite a well known character around then.  There was also a guy with no legs in a wheelchair who hung around that area, Jamaica St., St Enoch Square, bottom of Argyle St.  He constantly had a carry out in his lap, usually a litre of Grants vodka and eight cans of Super Lager.  

Hahaha...

the pc police will be onto you for that remark 😂

42 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

There was also a blind guy who used to sprint across the road at Paisley Cross. Scotland is s madhouse.

3 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

It's how the shot rabbit would have wanted it. Your mate did it a favour, better way to go than mixamatosis!

There was a lot of that about at that time

21 hours ago, superjack said:

I recall the iguana man too.

17 hours ago, leginten said:

Obviously on the pull.

Did you oblige?

Of course!    Any port in a storm.  :) 

Wife reminded me this afternoon that we saw a wild boar in the sea, around Christmas time. Poor thing was getting flung about and sadly, was also getting dragged further and further out to sea.

36 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Wife reminded me this afternoon that we saw a wild boar in the sea, around Christmas time. Poor thing was getting flung about and sadly, was also getting dragged further and further out to sea.

Sounds like an old joke I know about a guy getting marooned on an island.

"Shoot the dug!" :D

Oh and could you not have saved the poor animal? 😠

Edited by ri Alban

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Oh and could you not have saved the poor animal? 😠

Judging by one of the previous posts, drowning saved it from a fate worse than death.

:ruiner: