• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Ethan Hunt

• Pasquale for King

I think this maybe follows on from the gossip about dressing room unrest. Stendel appears to be a straight-shooter, and that is maybe unsettling a few of the Hearts players who have been living in the Levein comfort bubble. In all honesty I think Stendel is playing a dangerous game, he needs these players to perform for him. It's all well and good saying '**** them, they deserve all they get.' but he needs these players to continue to buy into the game plan. If players down tools then that'll be the end of Hearts in the SPL and Stendel as well I suspect.

Friday night is the biggest game in Hearts modern history, can they defeat St Mirren? Can they pull themselves back from the brink? Stendel needs every player on board to fight the good fight, press hard, and not chuck the ball into the net (put the gloves down Joel, you aren't playing for Hearts again.)

pettigrewsstylist

Have the FBs took it upon themselves to play so far up the pitch?

I agree broadly with what he is saying  but he has to answer for making life way too easy for opposing managers.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No it isn’t. :rofl: 

I think you seriously misunderstand the consequences of relegation. This game will go a long way to deciding if that happens.

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No it isn’t. :rofl: 

You're right, it's not, the cup final v Hibs was but in terms of importance it's pretty high up the list of must wins. 

33 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Fully agree but hopefully motivational rather than the reverse. 
100% though

How can it be the reverse? These players have to justify their wages. They are a disgrace. 

7 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I think you seriously misunderstand the consequences of relegation. This game will go a long way to deciding if that happens.

Quite aware of the consequences of relegation thanks. This game is not bigger than:

2012 Cup Final

2012 Semi Final

2006 Cup Final

2006 Semi Final

to name a few straight off the bat.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You're right, it's not, the cup final v Hibs was but in terms of importance it's pretty high up the list of must wins. 

Nobody will look back on this Friday in years to come and talk about it’s massive importance. It feels pretty big at the moment, but things always do when you are living them.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Quite aware of the consequences of relegation thanks. This game is not bigger than:

2012 Cup Final

2012 Semi Final

2006 Cup Final

2006 Semi Final

to name a few straight off the bat.

Nope, disagree. Those are happy memories, one off's. Defeat to St Mirren could potentially scar Hearts for years. 

John mcCartney

Never mind the bollocks,
game might be postponed with this fecking storm Ellen approaching Friday moz.
Looks torrential all fecking day and night.Might be a blessing at this time .

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

How can it be the reverse? These players have to justify their wages. They are a disgrace. 

Yes, but Stendel needs them.

2 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Nope, disagree. Those are happy memories, one off's. Defeat to St Mirren could potentially scar Hearts for years. 

What a load of nonsense. Those games were far more important than this Friday. As was beating Aberdeen to clinch second spot in 2006. As was winning the relegation derby.

Even if we do get relegated, it will not scar us for years.

Gies peace! 😄

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Nobody will look back on this Friday in years to come and talk about it’s massive importance. It feels pretty big at the moment, but things always do when you are living them.

They might if Hearts lose.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What a load of nonsense. Those games were far more important than this Friday. As was bearing Aberdeen to clinch second spot in 2006.

Gies peace! 😄

Foolhardy arrogance.

1 hour ago, TheTrumpet said:

They might if Hearts lose.

Honestly, I think I’m better placed to tell you what is more important, what with me actually being a Hearts supporter. 

You don’t half talk some nonsense on here, and with a lot of regularity for someone who doesn’t even support Hearts.

Have you joined any other message boards by the way?

A manager who doesn’t make excuses, and won’t accept excuses, exactly the manager we need going forward.

If the players can’t perform at the level that is expected and demanded of them then I for one am in the feck them camp.  If we go down, we go down. The results for the last 20 months have had us heading toward the Championship. 

I am 100% backing Stendel. 

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What a load of nonsense. Those games were far more important than this Friday. As was beating Aberdeen to clinch second spot in 2006. As was winning the relegation derby.

Gies peace! 😄

He’s another one who just wants to piss on everybody’s strawberries.

There’s a right few doom and gloom merchants appeared recently, this one has admitted he’s not even a Hearts supporter!!!

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Never mind the bollocks,
game might be postponed with this fecking storm Ellen approaching Friday moz.
Looks torrential all fecking day and night.Might be a blessing at this time .

I’m a bit undecided about it, another weeks training and time for the injured guys to get fit. Weighed against playing a team that played for two hours and penalties on Tuesday. What will be will be.

Some realism from Stendel there that some of his fanatical supporters on here could do well to pay attention to.

"results decide whether you are good or not"

This is the key one. His results have been so bad he is lucky to still be in a job. None of this nonsense about how much we've supposedly improved and that we just need to wait to implement his style in the championship. Results are all that matter to decide if he has been a success or failure.

"We have more quality than a lot of other teams in this league"

Perhaps now we can put this nonsense to bed that Hearts have the worst squad in the league and we couldn't possibly expect that across 22 games we'd manage to collect a point more than Hamilton after Stendel was appointed..

"I think when you watch the last game it’s not a problem of style"

But this is what worries me. It was a question of style on Saturday. The first goal from playing with our fullbacks so advanced they were basically midfielders and the penalty from a determination to play out from the back rather than ever just clearing our lines. It really concerns me that Stendel doesn't see this. I really fear we are going to get a repeat of the kamakzi tactics on Friday.

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

1998 cup final and 1986 at Dens were ahead of all the above (and this Friday).

Not if you weren’t born at the time.

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Some realism from Stendel there that some of his fanatical supporters on here could do well to pay attention to.

"results decide whether you are good or not"

This is the key one. His results have been so bad he is lucky to still be in a job. None of this nonsense about how much we've supposedly improved and that we just need to wait to implement his style in the championship. Results are all that matter to decide if he has been a success or failure.

"We have more quality than a lot of other teams in this league"

Perhaps now we can put this nonsense to bed that Hearts have the worst squad in the league and we couldn't possibly expect that across 22 games we'd manage to collect a point more than Hamilton after Stendel was appointed..

"I think when you watch the last game it’s not a problem of style"

But this is what worries me. It was a question of style on Saturday. The first goal from playing with our fullbacks so advanced they were basically midfielders and the penalty from a determination to play out from the back rather than ever just clearing our lines. It really concerns me that Stendel doesn't see this. I really fear we are going to get a repeat of the kamakzi tactics on Friday.

The some “realism from Stendel there “ quickly turned into Stendel beating did it not?

Do you fancy quoting him on what he says about the players and offering some comment on that? Or is it strictly a bash Stendel agenda you have?

9 minutes ago, weehammy said:

1998 cup final and 1986 at Dens were ahead of all the above (and this Friday).

A popular opinion for many. Not for me however. 1998 comes after 2012 and before 2006 final for me. That’s if we can even call 1998 “modern times”? I certainly wouldn’t call 1986 modern times.

Both were bigger than this Friday is though, no arguments there.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The some “realism from Stendel there “ quickly turned into Stendel beating did it not?

Do you fancy quoting him on what he says about the players and offering some comment on that? Or is it strictly a bash Stendel agenda you have?

Stopped reading his post at, "lucky to still be in a job". 

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes, bashing Stendel because results have been an utter disaster since he came in and he doesn't seem able to recognise the mistakes he is making that are contributing to that. Given the dire situation we are in, I think we should have sacked him on Saturday evening. His main complaints about the player in that article seem to be that the players don't understand the situation the club are in. If that is the problem, that seems to me like the kind of thing it is the responsibility of a manager to get across to them.

Unlike you I back Hearts being successful over backing Stendel, so I doubt we're going to find much common ground. I can't get on board with this mentality of "if we go down, we go down" just as long as we all back Stendel and we get the privilege of watching him manage us in the Championship . My agenda is to see Hearts stay in the Premiership at all costs. If I was in Budge's shoes, I'd say it is less of a risk to replace Stendel now than to keep him on at hope something turns up. If you want to call that a "bash Stendel agenda" I have no real issue with that.

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Stopped reading his post at, "lucky to still be in a job". 

I had the misfortune of reading it all. You missed nothing believe me.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Yes, bashing Stendel because results have been an utter disaster since he came in and he doesn't seem able to recognise the mistakes he is making that are contributing to that. Given the dire situation we are in, I think we should have sacked him on Saturday evening. His main complaints about the player in that article seem to be that the players don't understand the situation the club are in. If that is the problem, that seems to me like the kind of thing it is the responsibility of a manager to get across to them.

Unlike you I back Hearts being successful over backing Stendel, so I doubt we're going to find much common ground. I can't get on board with this mentality of "if we go down, we go down" just as long as we all back Stendel and we get the privilege of watching him manage us in the Championship . My agenda is to see Hearts stay in the Premiership at all costs. If I was in Budge's shoes, I'd say it is less of a risk to replace Stendel now than to keep him on at hope something turns up. If you want to call that a "bash Stendel agenda" I have no real issue with that.

I manage to read to “I think we should have sacked him on Saturday evening”. Needless to say I won’t be reading any more.

AlphonseCapone

Are you for real?

You think it needs the manager to make these ****ing charlatans realise the position we are in. Let's not forget they are the common denominator throughout this season, across several managers. 

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I manage to read to “I think we should have sacked him on Saturday evening”. Needless to say I won’t be reading any more.

Probably for the best. Given you prioritise Stendel over Hearts staying up you're unlikely to like what I have to say.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Probably for the best. Given you prioritise Stendel over Hearts staying up you're unlikely to like what I have to say.

What you say will have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of Stendel or Hearts future. 

33 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Honestly, I think I’m better placed to tell you what is more important, what with me actually being a Hearts supporter. 

You don’t half talk some nonsense on here, and with a lot of regularity for someone who doesn’t even support Hearts.

Have you joined any other message boards by the way? Or did your council group convince you not to?

I think you are wrong on that one. Maybe a less maroon tinted view is more realistic. Can you show me where I've talked nonsense? Can you point out the fallacies in my posts? Opinions are everywhere here, mine is just one of them.

8 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Are you for real?

You think it needs the manager to make these ****ing charlatans realise the position we are in. Let's not forget they are the common denominator throughout this season, across several managers. 

I disagree with Stendel that the problem is that the players don't realise the position we are in. But if that was the problem them it seems like the kind of thing the manager should address rather than complain to the media about.

The players have under performed but so has Stendel. There seems to be a bizarre view from many posters that it is fine to slaughter our players but that not a word of criticism should be uttered against the manager.

10 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Excellent post. A welcome dose of reality, Stendel is an abject loser, miles out of his depth and has lost the dressing room (spare me the 'Naismith says everyone's happy' tripe, have you ever known a player to slate their current manager? The vow of Omerta is stronger in football than in Sicily). Hearts need to either change Stendel's attitude toward his system of relieve him of his duties, hopefully before it's too late for Hearts.

Friday night could not be bigger. Can you see Hearts beating a Robbo led ICT that beat Livi in the cup? What a game that would be.

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What you say will have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of Stendel or Hearts future. 

I never came even close to suggesting it would. What you say is worth just as little. I'm not the one who has been spamming my views across multiple threads, accusing anyone who dares to have a different view of being a Hibs fan. As I said, I don't think we are going to find common ground. I'm fine with that. I don't expect everyone on a discussion forum to have the same view as me.

Edited by Saint Jambo

I never came even close to suggesting it would. What you say is worth just as little. I'm not the one who has been spamming my views across multiple threads, accusing anyone who dares to have a different view of being a Hibs fan. As I said, I don't think we are going to find common ground. I'm fine with that. I don't expect everyone on a discussion forum to have the same view as me.

He's just an idiot. I think he's the Hibs fan here. I believe psychologists call it 'projection'.

17 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

See if you are going to write something, at least write it accurately. I made a comment about one poster, one, not “anyone”, one, not being a Hearts supporter, but maybe a Hearts detractor.  The poster himself then mentioned some shite about me thinking he must be Hibs. At no point have I ever used that term in my time here. So, see if you are going to post shite, make it accurate shite. 

Now, if you want to go and read pages 16/17 of the Sun article thread you can read the exchange for yourself. Once you have you can come back and apologise. I might not be here for your apology but I’ll pick it up in the morning. 

Edited by Ethan Hunt

30 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Some folk just don't seem understand that when the rot sets in, it's really difficult to turn it around. For us this has been the case over the best part of 3 and a half seasons, where we have been on a slow and steady decline since Nelson left, culminating in us barely being able to win a game since November 2018 . 

Daniel Stendel has us looking like a far better team in possession than any other time in the last 3 and a half seasons. We've improved in lots of ways but individual mistakes and poor quality from certain players have cost us or we'd be miles away from where we are. Yet, Stendel isn't making excuses about injuries, blaming players etc.. 

We're very close to being a decent side. It might be one game away. A good win and a clean sheet can see a change in fortunes.

I've no doubt if/when he turns this around, we'll be a better team and better club going forward. 

It should have been ten
38 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

:lol:

Edited to add 

:cornette:

In fact 

:facepalm: 

Edited by It should have been ten

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Some folk just don't seem understand that when the rot sets in, it's really difficult to turn it around. For us this has been the case over the best part of 3 and a half seasons, where we have been on a slow and steady decline since Nelson left, culminating in us barely being able to win a game since November 2018 . 

Daniel Stendel has us looking like a far better team in possession than any other time in the last 3 and a half seasons. We've improved in lots of ways but individual mistakes and poor quality from certain players have cost us or we'd be miles away from where we are. Yet, Stendel isn't making excuses about injuries, blaming players etc.. 

We're very close to being a decent side. It might be one game away. A good win and a clean sheet can see a change in fortunes.

I've no doubt if/when he turns this around, we'll be a better team and better club going forward. 

Totally agree with first paragraph.

In relation to the rest we might be completely wrong, maybe Stendel isn’t the right man for the job longer term. But we are at least willing to give the man chance, and in my case especially given the cluster our club was, and to a far lesser degree still is. 

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Have you joined any other message boards by the way? Or did your council group convince you not to?

Perfect username for him/ her too 🎺 

AlphonseCapone
27 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I disagree with Stendel that the problem is that the players don't realise the position we are in. But if that was the problem them it seems like the kind of thing the manager should address rather than complain to the media about.

The players have under performed but so has Stendel. There seems to be a bizarre view from many posters that it is fine to slaughter our players but that not a word of criticism should be uttered against the manager.

Why would you assume he hasn't addressed it with the players also? It's not one or the other. I'd be inclined to think he's mentioned it in the media because he has had that conversation.

I can understand why he didn't have the conversation previously, you'd come in and naturally assume professional football players didn't need told about the predicament they were in. If anything, he's been naive at appreciating just how pathetic these lads are. 

I'd say most posters are quite rightly placing most of the blame on Levein and the players but are also accepting that Stendel bares a small part of responsibility as well. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Agreed, hopefully starting this Friday.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A manager who doesn’t make excuses, and won’t accept excuses, exactly the manager we need going forward.

If the players can’t perform at the level that is expected and demanded of them then I for one am in the feck them camp.  If we go down, we go down. The results for the last 20 months have had us heading toward the Championship. 

I am 100% backing Stendel. 

:2thumbsup: spot on 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Why would you assume he hasn't addressed it with the players also? It's not one or the other. I'd be inclined to think he's mentioned it in the media because he has had that conversation.

I can understand why he didn't have the conversation previously, you'd come in and naturally assume professional football players didn't need told about the predicament they were in. If anything, he's been naive at appreciating just how pathetic these lads are. 

I'd say most posters are quite rightly placing most of the blame on Levein and the players but are also accepting that Stendel bares a small part of responsibility as well. 

Absolutely, Naismith mentioned it the other day too.

18 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

See if you are going to write something, at least write it accurately. I made a comment about one poster, one, not “anyone”, one, not being a Hearts supporter, but maybe a Hearts detractor.  The poster himself then mentioned some shite about me thinking he must be Hibs. At no point have I ever used that term in my time here. So, see if you are going to post shite, make it accurate shite. 

Now, if you want to go and read pages 16/17 of the Sun article thread you can read the exchange for yourself. Once you have you can come back and apologise. I might not be here for your apology but I’ll pick it up in the morning. 

Yes, apologies you go in for high quality debate like "You’re not a Hearts fan either". That wasn't on the Sun thread and was to a different poster. Seems your not entirely accurate either, so maybe time to drop the holier than thou persona, it doesn't suit you. Tell you what, when you have the decency to read my posts when you want replying to me, then I'll start worrying about whether you called someone "not a Hearts fan" or "a Hibs fan".