Pitch invasion at Easter Road

kingdannyb

On 19/02/2020 at 09:39, Gorgiewave said:

?

State of the commentary at the end.  Going on about how well Hibs played just after they’ve been pumped 4-1 at home in a derby 🤣🤣🤣

There were a few hundred Jambos invaded park at st midden   Season 87around 5 th game of the new season after we had lost league year before 

sure they thumped us 6-2 that day 😬 so as you can imagine a few fists flew 

On 19/02/2020 at 09:39, Gorgiewave said:

?

Free flowing full bloodied derby - I reckon both teams would be down to 8 men now a days. First sending off about 3 minutes in when Tosh McKinlay boots one of them in the box off the ball!! Win your battles really meant win the battle back then!

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Free flowing full bloodied derby - I reckon both teams would be down to 8 men now a days. First sending off about 3 minutes in when Tosh McKinlay boots one of them in the box off the ball!! Win your battles really meant win the battle back then!

Wild weather on the open Dunbar end that night but not one of us gave a toss. 

We played Rangers at Tynie three days later and there was a queue at Murieston Lane to buy the "Thrashed" T-shirts the scarf lad had rushed to make.

Still got mine somewhere. 

On 19/02/2020 at 14:44, Stuart G said:

On the pitch twice, Locomotive Leipzig 5-1 game in Europe, what a night that was and when big Frank Liddell scored the winner v Airdrie with about 5 minutes to go and we won promotion back to the Premier League.

Snap stu, Leipzig lions great memory that one. I was actually in the gorgie end for the Airdrie game feck knows why!!

On 19/02/2020 at 12:29, martoon said:

I was on the pitch twice that day, too. As Boab recalls, the entire support switched ends at HT. The first few walked around the terracing but, faced with some disused old rickety stand, had to climb over the wall and onto the track to complete the switch. The rest of us, on seeing this happen, simply clambered over behind the goal and walked the length of the pitch. Other than a "will the Heart of Midlothian supporters please leave the field of play" over the tannoy, no effort was made to stop us. 

Two first half Robbo goals then, iirc, Derek O' and Gary Mackay in the second half, sealed the deal. 

All on the pitch at the end, Gary carried off shoulder high whilst having his shirt dragged over his head then Wallace, Doddie and the players making an appearance in the tiny newer stand. 

"Hibees, Hibees, here we come" is the chant I remember most and, feck me, we were right. Dominated them into the doolally hatred they have for all things Heart of Midlothian to this day. 

Think this game was actually my first ever away game. Boy on our bus (Longstone) had one of Robbo’s boots 

On 19/02/2020 at 10:08, Hearts007 said:

only been on pitch once and it was Tynie..After we won promo against Airdrie 1980

On 19/02/2020 at 10:19, graygo said:

Same for me. 👍

On 19/02/2020 at 14:44, Stuart G said:

On the pitch twice, Locomotive Leipzig 5-1 game in Europe, what a night that was and when big Frank Liddell scored the winner v Airdrie with about 5 minutes to go and we won promotion back to the Premier League.

On 19/02/2020 at 14:48, Boab said:

Airdrie game was 40 years ago !

Naw...!

😟

On 19/02/2020 at 17:57, pettigrewsstylist said:

1st Division champs 1980. Last game of season v Airdrie . Top two shootout for title.

Look what I came across tonight.

Capture.JPG

On 24/02/2020 at 18:53, Jamhammer said:

Think this game was actually my first ever away game. Boy on our bus (Longstone) had one of Robbo’s boots 

When the players came out to the stand at the end quite a few were missing shirts, boots, socks etc. 

Still one of my favourite days as a Jambo.

51 minutes ago, graygo said:

Capture.JPG

My dad took me to a few games a season from 1975 but 1979/80 was my first as a proper, regularly attending, Hearts supporter. I was 11 when it started and was deemed old enough to go with mates. 50p admission for kids, iirc. I wasn't on the pitch at the end but it was a great night and well attended.

Gloomy days for Hearts, with worse still to come, but I suppose I was buffeted slightly by youth and mindless optimism. 😊

17 hours ago, graygo said:

Capture.JPG

wow 15p

Edited by Hearts007

On 21/02/2020 at 10:35, FERRY HEARTS said:

There were a few hundred Jambos invaded park at st midden   Season 87around 5 th game of the new season after we had lost league year before 

sure they thumped us 6-2 that day 😬 so as you can imagine a few fists flew 

Sure a pub in paisley got a bit smashed up as well that day .