Pitch invasion at Easter Road

kingdannyb

I've only ever been on the pitch at a Hearts game once but I don't know what game it was.

I think it was dark, at the end of the game, in the 90s but it I don't think it was the 3-0 win after the attempted takeover.

Can anyone help ?

And is it on YouTube ?

14 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

I've only ever been on the pitch at a Hearts game once but I don't know what game it was.

I think it was dark, at the end of the game, in the 90s but it I don't think it was the 3-0 win after the attempted takeover.

Can anyone help ?

And is it on YouTube ?

?

Edited by Gorgiewave

The only pitch invasion i've been a part of was the win after penalties for Brentford at home to Charlton in the Johnstone Paint Trophy. Not quite sure how that came about, but it was an interesting experience!

Baird, King and Michael

I remember one at Easter Road the end of the 17 in a row in about 87 ....I remember it being daylight though. Maybe I’m wrong? 🤪

4 minutes ago, Baird, King and Michael said:

I remember one at Easter Road the end of the 17 in a row in about 87 ....I remember it being daylight though. Maybe I’m wrong? 🤪

That’s the one I remember. Spilled on to the pitch at the left corner of Dunbar end (as you’re facing the pitch), then more folk piled on before some hibs fans got on. Bit of posturing and a few scuffles and all died down. 

11 minutes ago, Baird, King and Michael said:

That's a good shout !

YouTube ?

Psychedelicropcircle

There was an embarrassing pitch invasion in the 90”s when we narrowly avoided relegation in the Tommy McLean era. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

There was an embarrassing pitch invasion in the 90”s when we narrowly avoided relegation in the Tommy McLean era. 

Aye I mind that. 

One of the few times I made no attempt to get on.

I’ve been on the Tynie pitch twice.

1st time to see my patch of the pitch at my plot ceremony.

2nd time to see the part of the the pitch for my wife’s plot ceremony.🥰🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Motherwell game. 

😳

28 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye I mind that. 

One of the few times I made no attempt to get on.

Did we not win the Division 1 at Dumbarton, was on the pitch and my mate got O Conners top, might be wrong.

No doubt half gassed that day :huh:.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Did we not win the Division 1 at Dumbarton, was on the pitch and my mate got O Conners top, might be wrong.

Yes I was on the pitch that day when we won promotion at Dumbarton in 1983. Stood on a bloody nail when I was coming back off as one of the pitch side hoardings had been knocked over.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

We won promotion that day, finishing up the season as runners-up to St Johnstone.

That was the day, that at half time, rather than walk round the terracing to the other end, as you could then at certain grounds, we simply jumped the barrier and sauntered across the pitch. Old bill just laughed and let us get on with it.

Full pitch invasion at the end however.

Crowd was just over 2K ! Heard it said there must have been more but there really wasn’t. Changed days !

On the pitch at this game, can't remember if at the goal or eventual final whistle.

When QoS gained promotion from Division 2 in 1981, beating I think Albion Rovers 3.0 at Palmerston last game of the season.

And on the pitch at the end of this split second game.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

1 hour ago, Hearts Daft said:

Yes I was on the pitch that day when we won promotion at Dumbarton in 1983. Stood on a bloody nail when I was coming back off as one of the pitch side hoardings had been knocked over.

56 minutes ago, Boab said:

We won promotion that day, finishing up the season as runners-up to St Johnstone.

That was the day, that at half time, rather than walk round the terracing to the other end, as you could then at certain grounds, we simply jumped the barrier and sauntered across the pitch. Old bill just laughed and let us get on with it.

Full pitch invasion at the end however.

Crowd was just over 2K ! Heard it said there must have been more but there really wasn’t. Changed days !

I was on the pitch twice that day, too. As Boab recalls, the entire support switched ends at HT. The first few walked around the terracing but, faced with some disused old rickety stand, had to climb over the wall and onto the track to complete the switch. The rest of us, on seeing this happen, simply clambered over behind the goal and walked the length of the pitch. Other than a "will the Heart of Midlothian supporters please leave the field of play" over the tannoy, no effort was made to stop us. 

Two first half Robbo goals then, iirc, Derek O' and Gary Mackay in the second half, sealed the deal. 

All on the pitch at the end, Gary carried off shoulder high whilst having his shirt dragged over his head then Wallace, Doddie and the players making an appearance in the tiny newer stand. 

"Hibees, Hibees, here we come" is the chant I remember most and, feck me, we were right. Dominated them into the doolally hatred they have for all things Heart of Midlothian to this day. 

2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Pitch invasion away at Hamilton mid 80’s, although I’m sure it was to do with exiting the stadium 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yep I remember walking straight across the pitch as it was quicker 

I wasn't on the pitch myself, but remember the 1984 invasion at ER. 

They scored before half time and Hearts fans streamed on. The game was held up for about 10 minutes, iirc. 

Levein equalised early in the second half and Derek O' won it for us with the last kick up at the Dunbar End. 

Pat Stanton, Hibs boss at the time, whinged incessantly afterwards. The naughty Jambos had knocked his rampant, swashbuckling team off their stride and cost them the game. He demanded the points were awarded to Hibs or, at the very least, the game was replayed. 

👊😭

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Gorgiewave said:

?

Love Jock Browns line at the end, if you edited the goals out of the game it would have been fair to say it should finish level

:cornette:

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Love Jock Browns line at the end, if you edited the goals out of the game it would have been fair to say it should finish level

:cornette:

Yes, deleting the goals certainly puts a different complexion on matches.

For example, if we'd scored two goals fewer in the first half and two goals fewer in the second half in 2012, we'd have won in extra time.

...a bit disco
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

2.30077504.jpg

You're infatuated.

Isn't she a bit too old for your tastes?

30 minutes ago, martoon said:

I was on the pitch twice that day, too. As Boab recalls, the entire support switched ends at HT. The first few walked around the terracing but, faced with some disused old rickety stand, had to climb over the wall and onto the track to complete the switch. The rest of us, on seeing this happen, simply clambered over behind the goal and walked the length of the pitch. Other than a "will the Heart of Midlothian supporters please leave the field of play" over the tannoy, no effort was made to stop us. 

Two first half Robbo goals then, iirc, Derek O' and Gary Mackay in the second half, sealed the deal. 

All on the pitch at the end, Gary carried off shoulder high whilst having his shirt dragged over his head then Wallace, Doddie and the players making an appearance in the tiny newer stand. 

"Hibees, Hibees, here we come" is the chant I remember most and, feck me, we were right. Dominated them into the doolally hatred they have for all things Heart of Midlothian to this day. 

👍

millerjames398

Not so much a pitch invasion, but i landed next to the linesman after we equalised at easter rd in the lge cup semi v Motherwell, housed in their shed, sort of came to my senses when the linesman looked over his shoulder, and managed to scrambble back up into our end without gettin collared 😂🇱🇻

Салатные палочки
4 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

They played Andrew Gold - Thank You for Being a Friend at the end of that game :laugh:.  I just remember my old man laughing and saying they can **** off if that wee ******* is still in charge next year.  

That said, there were far more highlights in that season as there has been this year.

On the pitch twice, Locomotive Leipzig 5-1 game in Europe, what a night that was and when big Frank Liddell scored the winner v Airdrie with about 5 minutes to go and we won promotion back to the Premier League.

willie wallace

I am sure there was a wee pitch invasion at Tynie in 1965 when a Dundee o.g.in the closing minutes reduced  the scoreline to 1-7😭

Done for a bit of a laugh at the time.

Who knew what was to come.

been here before
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

They played Andrew Gold - Thank You for Being a Friend at the end of that game :laugh:.  I just remember my old man laughing and saying they can **** off if that wee ******* is still in charge next year.  

That said, there were far more highlights in that season as there has been this year.

There was a couple of seasons around then where that was played at the end of every game.

Used to have to tolerate it walking from the shed, along/over the covered benches and out onto Wheatfield Street.

Edited by been here before

pettigrewsstylist

1st Division champs 1980. Last game of season v Airdrie . Top two shootout for title.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

5 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

It was played regularly at the end of games in the early/mid '90's, SF. 

Hated it. Went along with that "customer" shite Wallace often called us. 

Bampot, nutter, fanatic, devotee, upholding family tradition, hopelessly in love with the greatest football club in the world...but a customer?

That'll be feckin right, bud. 😉😊

Dens In 86 and ER in early 90s I think due to crushing. Had to get lifted over the fence

Edited by Jamhammer

6 hours ago, Stuart G said:

On the pitch twice, Locomotive Leipzig 5-1 game in Europe, what a night that was and when big Frank Liddell scored the winner v Airdrie with about 5 minutes to go and we won promotion back to the Premier League.

That was my twice on the pitch at Tynecastle

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Arbroath 78, aged 15.

Were we not on that pitch twice that season? A 7-0 win (Christmas eve I think) and a 1-0 at the end of the season to win promotion. And I am much younger than you John. I was only 11 or 12 😂😂😂😂

Салатные палочки
45 minutes ago, martoon said:

It was played regularly at the end of games in the early/mid '90's, SF. 

Hated it. Went along with that "customer" shite Wallace often called us. 

Bampot, nutter, fanatic, devotee, upholding family tradition, hopelessly in love with the greatest football club in the world...but a customer?

That'll be feckin right, bud. 😉😊

That was honestly the only time I heard it. Don't know why but it always stuck with me. Remember feeling it was a bit cringey even though I was quite young. 

17 minutes ago, grumpy rebus said:

That was my twice on the pitch at Tynecastle

Were we not on that pitch twice that season? A 7-0 win (Christmas eve I think) and a 1-0 at the end of the season to win promotion. And I am much younger than you John. I was only 11 or 12 😂😂😂😂

I wasnt there Christmas eve, dad wouldnt let me go. A 14yr old(I was 15 in the Apr) did as there dad told them back then

13 hours ago, Boab said:

Airdrie game was 40 years ago !

Naw...!

😟

We were only nippers then Boab . I still had long hair at the time and you had hair 😂😂😂

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I wasnt there Christmas eve, dad wouldnt let me go. A 14yr old(I was 15 in the Apr) did as there dad told them back then

Changed days mate. Happy days back then, even it we were shite! 

I remember running on the pitch at the end 3 times.  v Leipzig 1976, at Arbroath 1978 and Dens Park 86.  Dens Park I sat on the pitch and refused to move until they changed result.  

Also recall a mini invasion at ER in November 1983.

Hibs took the lead with about 20 mins to go which sparked a few fireworks on their terracing and a bit of life into that daft wee scoreboard they had on the cowshed roof. I remember Henry getting a wee hug from a Jambo or two before they were apprehended. 

Thankfully, Robbo's late shot spun off Schaedler's backside and, added to September's glorious 3-2 win, we had the first long unbeaten run v. them well and truly underway.