Brit awards

Shanks said no

Shanks said no

Lewis Capaldi takes bottle of Buckfast on stage as he wins his second Brit Award of the night

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

7 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Lewis Capaldi takes bottle of Buckfast on stage as he wins his second Brit Award of the night

Not a fan of his music but I do like him. Thought he was funny tonight.

You can take the boy out of west Lothian, etc.

Edited by superjack

Shanks said no

I felt my age tonight as I hated almost everything.

The only exception was the rapper Dave who at least had a message. 

I think I overheard that Coldplay were up for best group.     Pretty much sums it up when the kings of formulaic pap are still considered to be of value.

Shanks said no

The 2020 Brits winners in full
British male: Stormzy
British female: Mabel
British group: Foals
Rising star: Celeste
Best new artist: Lewis Capaldi
Best song: Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved
Best album: Dave – Psychodrama
International male: Tyler, the Creator
International female: Billie Eilish

24 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Never heard of any of them. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Wish I had never heard of any of any of them 😝

36 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

impossible 

No it's not. Not everyone listens to the radio nowadays. Plenty other stuff I'd rather listen to.

57 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I can't be arsed with Lewis' music but t least he's good for a laugh. Apart from that I'm aware of Stormzy, who's a bit shit to me, and Billie Eilish who I quite like, but not a clue about the rest. This is what getting old is.

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I can't be arsed with Lewis' music but t least he's good for a laugh. Apart from that I'm aware of Stormzy, who's a bit shit to me, and Billie Eilish who I quite like, but not a clue about the rest. This is what getting old is.

I had to Google Lewis Capaldi, the name did ring a bell. I've seen his face before on TV but I thought he was a comedian or something :laugh: The rest, haven't got a clue. Pop music's no really my cup of tea, the last time I'd have been aware of any pop acts, it would've been the 90's on Top of the pops. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I had to Google Lewis Capaldi, the name did ring a bell. I've seen his face before on TV but I thought he was a comedian or something :laugh: The rest, haven't got a clue. Pop music's no really my cup of tea, the last time I'd have been aware of any pop acts, it would've been the 90's on Top of the pops. 

He is funny, I loved when Noel Gallagher told him shut up Chewbacca on Twitter and Lewis changed his picture to this :laugh:

Screen-Shot-2019-07-11-at-16.51.50.png

Every top band and solo artists from the about the 50s til now are pop music. Sorry to burst your delusions. Elvis, The Beatles, Floyd, Bowie, Led Zep, Zirvana, Oasis, AC/DC etc... etc... Whether they're Rock, Indie, Metal or Britpop. Suck it up!

I'm sure someone back in the day said they hadn't heard of the Beatles, anaw. Just to be different or thinking they were some sort of music based intellect.

No, it's just that your too old for today's popular music. 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Why do folk just feel compelled to share that they've never heard of x mainstream star? So odd. 

We're all gobby wankers on here, I just assume you're all obsessed with my every thought personally.

15 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I felt my age tonight as I hated almost everything.

The only exception was the rapper Dave who at least had a message. 

A message? Really?

Some nobody going on stage throwing defamatory accusations around, telling every white person that votes a certain way how racist they are then ****s off in his limo to his penthouse to snort Charlie of a hookers breast?

It's the same old robotic hashtag pish with absolute no originality of thought.  The boy (who I did not know existed until this morning) clearly does not posses one of his own original thoughts.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A message? Really?

Some nobody going on stage throwing defamatory accusations around, telling every white person that votes a certain way how racist they are then ****s off in his limo to his penthouse to snort Charlie of a hookers breast?

It's the same old robotic hashtag pish with absolute no originality of thought.  The boy (who I did not know existed until this morning) clearly does not posses one of his own original thoughts.

What was defamatory?

Apart from your allegation of drug use and prostitutes.

Edited by Boris

Just now, Boris said:

What was defamatory?

Apart from your allegation of drug use and prostitutes.

Calling Boris J a racist.

21 years old the prick is.   What is it with generation accusation and entitlement? They are just constantly telling everyone how awful they are and how bad they have it. 

AlphonseCapone
15 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

14 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

impossible 

I definitely feel like I'm losing touch with current culture, and I'm only 32 😆 I've heard of Stormzy and Lewis Capaldi but none of the rest. I also can't keep up with social media. **** knows what the difference is between Snapchat and TikTok. 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Calling Boris J a racist.

Calling someone who has referred to black people as "piccaninnies" and having "water melon smiles" a racist seems pretty open and shut, IMO.

5 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I definitely feel like I'm losing touch with current culture, and I'm only 32 😆 I've heard of Stormzy and Lewis Capaldi but none of the rest. I also can't keep up with social media. **** knows what the difference is between Snapchat and TikTok. 

I'm lucky, or not, that thanks to my daughter I've heard of all of them. Mabel is ok, don't mind Dave or foals. Dont like celeste much. Really like billy eilish and stormzy. The other 2 I hadn't heard of though.

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Calling someone who has referred to black people as "piccaninnies" and having "water melon smiles" a racist seems pretty open and shut, IMO.

If you do not know what racism means then yes.

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, superjack said:

I'm lucky, or not, that thanks to my daughter I've heard of all of them. Mabel is ok, don't mind Dave or foals. Dont like celeste much. Really like billy eilish and stormzy. The other 2 I hadn't heard of though.

That's a couple of folk on the thread saying they like Billy Eilish, might check him out. 

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

:rofl:

Best one yet!

There are certain posters on JKB who are like moths to a flame when it comes to defending racism and sectarianism. 

Shanks said no
28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A message? Really?

I didn’t say his message was correct, only that it carried a message. As an old punk I could at least identify with that. 

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

21 years old the prick is.   What is it with generation accusation and entitlement? They are just constantly telling everyone how awful they are and how bad they have it. 

Maybe they grew up being told everything they like is awful and a waste of time by their elders. 

Ainsley Harriott
16 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

His music is chronic and his humour is wearing thin. Bit of a Celtic supporting welt.

Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Every top band and solo artists from the about the 50s til now are pop music. Sorry to burst your delusions. Elvis, The Beatles, Floyd, Bowie, Led Zep, Zirvana, Oasis, AC/DC etc... etc... Whether they're Rock, Indie, Metal or Britpop. Suck it up!

I'm sure someone back in the day said they hadn't heard of the Beatles, anaw. Just to be different or thinking they were some sort of music based intellect.

No, it's just that your too old for today's popular 

Correct popular music.

I haven't heard of Zirvana though, maybe not as mainstream.

What's new The Brits have always been pish.Kids like what they like though always been that way and always will.That Grime stuff is just this generations push back against everything shit in their lives so although not my cup of tea good on them for making something out of their life.

Edited by vegas-voss

I P Knightley
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

We're all gobby wankers on here, I just assume you're all obsessed with my every thought personally.

Until this post, I'd never even heard of you.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That's a couple of folk on the thread saying they like Billy Eilish, might check him out. 

There are certain posters on JKB who are like moths to a flame when it comes to defending racism and sectarianism. 

No-one could honestly defend racism.

I think people (although the assumption is you mean me) just defend the accused as they see injustice.

We all probably want the same things out of life we just see it all very differently.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Correct popular music.

I haven't heard of Zirvana though, maybe not as mainstream.

👏 Exactly! 

Ainsley Harriott
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

👏 Exactly! 

Nice we are agreeing for once. It's like the coming together of a glorious union

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nice we are agreeing for once. It's like the coming together of a glorious union

:what:

:D

Some auld folk just like to moan about young folk. 👍

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

:levein_interesting: is that not what you do on this forum about hearts?