Jim McLean

upgotheheads

16 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Dinamo Bucharest mate. You are still right that UEFA were shitting themselves over the prospect of a Dundee Utd v Dinamo Bucharest final in Rome with around 10K fans. Remember Aberdeen v real Madrid in Gothenberg had a crowd of 12K.

Thanks. I have had a serial inability down the years to remember whether it was a Polish or Romanian team they played!

The Goalscoring Knee

Got the chance to play against a few of them when I was at uni in the early 80s. Every so often United used to send over a team of mostly youngsters plus a couple of older heads to St Andrews for a game. Year we played them they'd had quite a few games postponed IIRC so we got the joy of getting the runaround by Luggy, Hegarty and a couple of others topping up their fitness. They took their foot off the gas at 12 and finally called a halt at 18:facepalm:

11 hours ago, Diego10 said:

He's probably the 3rd best manager in the history of Scottish football tbh.  Remarkable achievements

Two league championships.

1 scottish cup.

4 league cups. I think Tommy Walker has a good shout.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see "Smile" at the rep and wrote a thread about it I think. It was a kind of biography played out.

A man devoted to the game, seemed like a manager you knew you'd work for or you'd be gone.