Be interesting to see - Well v St Mirren

John Findlay

What team ST Mireen put out against Motherwell tonight in their Scottish Cup replay providing the game goes ahead?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whodanny

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Hearts007

• merrymac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

What team ST Mireen put out against Motherwell tonight in their Scottish Cup replay providing the game goes ahead?

Hopefully goes to extra time and they pick up a few injuries and red cards. Yes,  I am desparate for some  kind of advantage on Friday.

6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Hopefully goes to extra time and they pick up a few injuries and red cards. Yes,  I am desparate for some  kind of advantage on Friday.

:)   3 sending offs ?

Some St Mirren injuries, a demoralising defeat for St Mirren and extra time making all the St Mirren players knackered.

It was interesting listening to Sportsound last night when they were talking about European games midweek. they were saying that players generally prefer a midweek game to training, as training can be boring. Perhaps the potential for extra time in a cup game brings another dimension though.

I'll take 0-0 at full time and 'Well thumping them in Extra time 🙂

Edited by Ecce Romanov

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Do cards picked up in the cup count in the league ?

22 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Do cards picked up in the cup count in the league ?

Straight Reds I think or possibly straight reds for violent conduct. But yes cards can count in the league.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Straight Reds I think or possibly straight reds for violent conduct. But yes cards can count in the league.

Yes I can understand Reds for violent conduct applying.

I hope all the posts on here are a joke !

” Oh....we can’t have a fresh St Mirren on Friday....hope the bus breaks doon...! “

Man up. We’ll stand or fall by our own efforts !

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

” Oh....we can’t have a fresh St Mirren on Friday....hope the bus breaks doon...! “

Yeah cause we’ve done so well at that the last 18 months. I’d take any slight advantage. Denying we might need one is just burying your head in the sand. We have been awful for a long time now and we need to catch a break soon or it’ll be too late

The Treasurer
13 minutes ago, Boab said:

Every little helps

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Every little helps

World’s gone soft, mate.

They could get bounced out and be more up for it or get through and be buoyant !

Let’s get out of this mess by our own hand. That’s all. We are Hearts.

16 minutes ago, Boab said:

World’s gone soft, mate.

They could get bounced out and be more up for it or get through and be buoyant !

Yes we don’t need favours from anybody........except we do!!!

Ex member of the SaS

How about a small tactical nuclear device in Motherwell around Ko. There would be the added benefit of local improvements.

Logic suggests this extra match for St Mirren three days before Hearts go there should weaken them. Birmingham were in a very similar situation a fortnight ago, going to extra-time and penalties three days before facing a fresh Bristol City at Ashton Gate. Logic had me backing Bristol City heavily. Result - Bristol City 1 Brum. 3! Still hope the game goes ahead tonight and you do face a weary Buddies on Friday.

alwaysthereinspirit

I cant believe St Mirren are being made to play three games in less than a week. Our whole set up is a joke.

Just noticed they were postponed Saturday. My point still stands.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes we don’t need favours from anybody........except we do!!!

The day I would hope Motherwell do well to, tenuously, aid us, is the day I chuck it.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

The day I would hope Motherwell do well to, tenuously, aid us, is the day I chuck it.

So when Hibs play Hamilton you will hope for a Hamilton win??

49 minutes ago, Boab said:

World’s gone soft, mate.

yes all very well mate

but at this particular moment in time Hearts are shite....

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

St Mirren win would be better, surely? 

Why? Hopefully Motherwell gie them a tanking, knocks their confidence and they are knackered for Friday night. We need all the advantage we can get. I'd rather a disappointed and knackered St Mirren after losing than a buoyant one full of confidence.

Edited by jambonian

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So when Hibs play Hamilton you will hope for a Hamilton win??

**** Hibs....and Hamilton !

We have 11 big battles to win. If we go down it’s because we failed to win those battles. If we stay up it’s because we won those battles.

Forget about what other teams are doing, I’ll say it again, we stand or fall by what we do.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Boab said:

World’s gone soft, mate.

We're also utter shite and need every bit of help we can get. 

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Some St Mirren injuries, a demoralising defeat for St Mirren and extra time making all the St Mirren players knackered.

Would rather a narrow defeat. Those demoralising ones always seem to come back to bite us on the arse whenever a team has one

58 minutes ago, Boab said:

We have 11 big battles to win. If we go down it’s because we failed to win those battles. If we stay up it’s because we won those battles.

Forget about what other teams are doing, I’ll say it again, we stand or fall by what we do.

That’s not how leagues generally work. 

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Sorry but I will take help from any side if it benefits our efforts to stay in the top flight. 

Correct answer. 😄

1 hour ago, Boab said:

If we happen to score the same number of points as Hamilton and St Midden between now and the end of the season we're down. That's why we might need a helping hand from elsewhere. But yes, we need to take care of our own business too.

Surely the fact that they have this difficult fixture with little recovery time plays to our advantage.  We have to take advantage though and put the game to bed as quickly as possible.

The latest apparent injury doubts may have an adverse effect of course.

Its sad that we are worried about St Mirren it just shows how far we have falling in the past few years.

Edited by grumpyespana

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Extra rest days for us is a good start advantage wise.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Its sad that we are worried about St Mirren it just shows how far we have falling in the past few years.

It is what it is. We just need to get on with it. It is a disgrace that its come to this though I agree.

Ricardo Quaresma

Boab is right but this team has been struggling for fitness since at least halfway through last season

Every advantage is a good thing

Pasquale for King

Probably better if St Midden win, more games they play the better and might take their eye off the league. Injuries, suspensions, extra time hopefully. Desperate times.

Weakened Offender
7 hours ago, EIEIO said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high after us failing to beat a decimated Accies side that played 70+ minutes with ten men. 

Just saying. 

Edited by Weakened Offender