Rangers game tickets...

Section Q

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Was Airdrie not across the board though, D ?

Yes at bottom tier prices of £15, so you were paying Bronze for Premium Seats.

This game is the reverse you are potentially paying £30 to get Row 1 next to the floodlight pylon in the Gorgie!!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

• rick witter

• David McCaig

Just now, David McCaig said:

This game is the reverse you are potentially paying £30 to get Row 1 next to the floodlight pylon in the Gorgie!!

Just edited there, D.

Just now, Boab said:

Just edited there, D.

Good edit, I had a nagging feeling it was £12 but was too lazy to check.

But this meant that Bronze paid a fair price and everyone else got a bargain.  £30 for Premium and Platinum is perfectly reasonable, but charging top whack for Gold, Silver and Bronze is just daft.

Personally, I usually sit in Platinum and took advantage of the opportunity to buy seats for me and my boys in Premium.  But overall the ticket sales look truly woeful for the Rangers match, whereas the attendance for the Airdrie game was exceptional for a modern era Scottish Cup match.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not sure how sales are going but that could be a factor of course.

Row 1 Gorgie or pub !

🤨

Pub gets you a better view,  a dry seat and £30 of beer tokens!!!

12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Nobody is asking you to sit in row 1 of the Gorgie. 

There are literally thousands of tickets left. Take your pick. 

Just now, Ari Gold said:

Potentially....!

Niemi’s gloves

Has anyone else had a problem buying a ticket on line for this? It is letting me sign in, choose a seat and proceed to checkout but then tells me there’s an “error - try again” (I have done repeatedly)

4 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I've taken my pick and I've got 3 seats in Premium.

However for families on a budget £30 is expensive and an adults and 2 kids will set you back the best part of £60 after booking fees.  The success or otherwise of any pricing structure is dictated by sales, I don't think I've ever seen such awful figures in advance of a Scottish Cup Quarter Final... they are truly abject!!

Just now, David McCaig said:

However for families on a budget £30 is expensive and an adults and 2 kids will set you back the best part of £60 after booking fees.  The success or otherwise of any pricing structure is dictated by sales, I don't think I've ever seen such awful figures in advance of a Scottish Cup Quarter Final... they are truly abject!!

See the St Mirren example on the other thread !

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, graygo said:

For the Rangers game?

I ordered both at the same time, I've got the Hibs but not the Rangers tickets.

Yip. Perhaps Aberdeen address, being adjacent to the moon,  they wanted to get out quickly 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

See the St Mirren example on the other thread !

£20 Adults and £10 concessions would have been spot on.

40 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Has anyone else had a problem buying a ticket on line for this? It is letting me sign in, choose a seat and proceed to checkout but then tells me there’s an “error - try again” (I have done repeatedly)

I had issues to, they seem to have changed something that makes e-ticket incompatible with some browsers. Try google chrome and it should work. 

Serge Pizzorno

Got our seats sorted, but really wish I hadn't.

Pricing is a joke, even for the league games, something has to change, think Budge is beginning to take our support for granted.

Edited by Serge Pizzorno

5 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Pricing is a joke, even for the league games, something has to change, think Budge is beginning to take our support for granted.

Budge? are we any different from all other Scottish premier teams?

I think a half empty Tynecastle on Saturday night might come as a shock and maybe a wake up call to the powers that be both within the club and the wider football community. 

15 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Budge? are we any different from all other Scottish premier teams?

Think the process of setting the price for this game has been covered ?

Not down to AB . 

Perhaps you didn't know that already ?

25 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Beginning to? 😅

Just now, johnthomas said:

Think the process of setting the price for this game has been covered ?

Not down to AB . 

Perhaps you didn't know that already ?

Sorry not read through the whole thread, was just replying to other poster who obviously hasn't either as it seems just to easy to blame Budge for everything at the moment.

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Sorry not read through the whole thread, was just replying to other poster who obviously hasn't either as it seems just to easy to blame Budge for everything at the moment.

My apologies . I thought I was replying to Sergio 

GorgieFifeLife
20 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I think a half empty Tynecastle on Saturday night might come as a shock and maybe a wake up call to the powers that be both within the club and the wider football community. 

They will maybe think the low turnout is due to the rank rotten product on the park.  People wont spend this kind of money if they think we are getting pumped out.  If we were flying there would be a scramble for tickets whatever the price.

9 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Anyone else not received their ticket through the post yet?

Yep although I only ordered mine on Friday. 

We are also playing Hibs 3 days after it and have to shell out £30 for that also. Guaranteed there will be loads of fans who simply can’t afford to go to both games. 
I will be at Easter Road but I’m not shelling out £30 for a cup quarter final. A semi or a final is fine but £20 maximum should have been the price. 

been here before
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

We are also playing Hibs 3 days after it and have to shell out £30 for that also. Guaranteed there will be loads of fans who simply can’t afford to go to both games. 
I will be at Easter Road but I’m not shelling out £30 for a cup quarter final. A semi or a final is fine but £20 maximum should have been the price. 

Well done.

You really are THE man.

19 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

They will maybe think the low turnout is due to the rank rotten product on the park.  People wont spend this kind of money if they think we are getting pumped out.  If we were flying there would be a scramble for tickets whatever the price.

I’m not so sure I think this time it’s the price. 
Hearts have shown that we have the most loyal fans in the country considering we have been shocking in terms of results for the last 18 months. We usually have a great support home and away. The prices of tickets are just outrageous and that is why sales are slow. 

Edited by rick witter

Just now, been here before said:

Well done.

You really are THE man.

Not really there will be thousands that are the same as me. 👍🏻

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Agreed Rick. £20 is a fair price. £30 is not. For a semi or final maybe. Not for a quarter. I won't be there purely because of the price.

Just now, Jack Torrance said:

Agreed Rick. £20 is a fair price. £30 is not. For a semi or final maybe. Not for a quarter. I won't be there purely because of the price.

I agree mate it’s just too much. 

Jack Torrance
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I agree mate it’s just too much. 

It's 2 tickets we'd be buying, so £60 is a big jump from £40 or even £48.

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Pub gets you a better view,  a dry seat and £30 of beer tokens!!!

I'm sure the team & Hearts fans at the game will appreciate the support of those who do that

9 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Hibs game 2 years ago in an earlier round was £34 (Main Stand)

Jack Torrance
Just now, maroonsgotop said:

I'm sure the team & Hearts fans at the game will appreciate the support of those who do that

It should've been priced appropriately then taking in to account the other options available to customers.

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

I'd say its more because we're bottom of the league rather than the price of the tickets tbh. 

If we were 3rd and looking good, there wouldn't be much complaining. 

Edited by Ari Gold

1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

I'd say its more because we're bottom of the league rather than the price of the tickets tbh. 

If we were 3rd and looking good, there wouldn't be much complaining. 

You’re probably right, but this is a Rangers side we deservedly beat just a few weeks ago.

40 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Anyone know the ticket prices for the other 3 quarters ? 

Yes,

On the other thread I've done a wee bit of research.  But as it's based on research, no-one bothered to ever respond.  :) ;)  (prob as all long winded)

Based on adult pricing.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/187574-£30-budge-you-can-ram-it/&do=findComment&comment=7735095

The key analyisis is that all games are just a couple of quid here or there cheaper compared to walk up prices and season ticket holders aren't being given discounts either.

That said, I hadn't included Hibs v.  ICT who are £20 for their season ticket holders during a reserved period increasing to £22..  The same for ICT.

Other research on the thread I'd found out

All games seem to be an 'across' the board pricing structure irrespective of where your seat is at this stage.

The £30 is cheaper than any walk up equivalent of £32 v. Rangers in league.

£8 is the recommended minimum price for quarter finals.

There is no SFA arbitration if clubs don't agree and the recommendation is to go to the league pricing equivalent if agreement cannot be reached.

Hearts season ticket holders will have paid £57 up to quarter final, Hibs £62 (£20 replay v. Utd, £22 seat at Ochilview, £20 v.ICT)

It has been suggested a couple of times by others that Hearts wanted to go cheaper but Rangers refused.   Also suggested  game v. Hibs in Scottish Cup appears to have been £34 each.

I think the pricing is too high but that is the wider problem for Scottish football and it's inability to identify sufficient tv and sponsorship deals rather than this game specific.  Ladbrokes and Wlliam Hill are oulling out from the SPFL and Scottish Cup too although obviously we have no idea if new partners are in discussions.

Edited by DETTY29

been here before
43 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Aye but you've announced it rick, you've informed the world. You've typed it all up for everyone to sit there and admire.

I bet you even said "submit reply" out loud in a 'thatll get them told' type of voice as you hit the reply button before slowly sitting back in your seat letting out a slow, satisfied sigh.

Thats why you are THE man.

Edited by been here before

54 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Not a fan of the pricing but the cup derbies recently were sell outs and they had higher priced tickets think mine was £35 plus booking fee of course.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

15 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye but you've announced it rick, you've informed the world. You've typed it all up for everyone to sit there and admire.

I bet you even said "submit reply" out loud in a 'thatll get them told' type of voice as you hit the reply button before slowly sitting back in your seat letting out a slow, satisfied sigh.

Thats why you are THE man.

:rofl: 

been here before
18 minutes ago, poultry said:

8 of us in hospitality for this one.

Wont rick not being there spoil it for you all?

(Sorry to break the news to you if you havnt seen it on Reporting Scotland yet)

Edited by been here before