Rangers game tickets...

Section Q

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not for ST holders they haven’t - and I think that is where most of the complaints come from - after paying £500 for a ST being asked to pay £30 for a cup tie is a bit steep.

cheaper than Hibs tie 2 years ago

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• been here before

• rick witter

• David McCaig

I had to get in touch with Hearts about a different matter and happened to mention the ridiculous pricing for the QF game and the response I received mentioned that Hearts tried to make it cheaper than the £30 where as The Rangers wanted to make it more, they eventually settled for £30 as if no agreement is made league pricing would come into effect and that would be more expensive. It's the skint club in Glasgow that need the money but I do feel we should've stuck to our guns and at least came out and explained to the fans what the situation was rather than face the back lash that has happened. 

The Treasurer
17 minutes ago, pumphyjambo said:

I had to get in touch with Hearts about a different matter and happened to mention the ridiculous pricing for the QF game and the response I received mentioned that Hearts tried to make it cheaper than the £30 where as The Rangers wanted to make it more, they eventually settled for £30 as if no agreement is made league pricing would come into effect and that would be more expensive. It's the skint club in Glasgow that need the money but I do feel we should've stuck to our guns and at least came out and explained to the fans what the situation was rather than face the back lash that has happened. 

Our pricing for cup ties in recent times have, mostly, been pretty fair.

It seems obvious that when we suddenly have higher prices for a cup tie that it's not our club that is to blame.

Sadly too many Hearts fans are quick to lay the blame on our own club rather than look elsewhere for the real culprits.

10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not for ST holders they haven’t - and I think that is where most of the complaints come from - after paying £500 for a ST being asked to pay £30 for a cup tie is a bit steep.

Obviously not for season ticket holders. You don't have a season ticket for cup games though. I'm not sure why a cup game against Rangers should be cheaper than a league game against Rangers? 

Edited by Ari Gold

10 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

have to agree. Platinum/Premium seats are fairly priced (cheaper than 2 years ago against Hibs) but not to have gold/silver/bronze prices is poor/lazy and is no doubt impacting on sales

There's thousands of seats left, folk can sit where they want.

If I sit in the first row of the Gorgie, I'd be jumping at the chance to sit further up in the wheatfield or main stand. 

49 minutes ago, pumphyjambo said:

That is not as simple as it seems.

Firstly, we have to be sure the member of staff is fully aware of the facts.  Things can be said without full knowledge to make Hearts sound better and try and pacify.  Whatever happened to the pitch is a prime example.  That said, in recent weeks the standard of hybrids (Celtic Park and Ibrox) a great pitch recently in Motherwell and yesterday St. Johnstone have been awful.

Secondly, Sevco* PR.  It's vile.  It is rarely challenged to extent it should by the press and when it is, even the BBC backs down.  Journalists read fans' sites.  Has anyone picked up the pricing for this game and asked the question of the  clubs?  Would they run Hearts response past Sevco PR first before publishing their own opine?  Or ask Sevco first and then get a response from Hearts? 

We'll maybe find out who gets the blame if the crowd is really low next week

31 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Our pricing for cup ties in recent times have, mostly, been pretty fair.

It seems obvious that when we suddenly have higher prices for a cup tie that it's not our club that is to blame.

Sadly too many Hearts fans are quick to lay the blame on our own club rather than look elsewhere for the real culprits.

There is sufficient research done on the other thread about the pricing to suggest it wasn't just a case of Ann Budge fleecing the fans for this game and overall if you had gone to all 3 games pretty reasonable so credit to Airdrie and Falkirk too.  But still going on  here too.

* I started to call Sevco, Rangers again, nor The Rangers too.  Stuff that.

Edited by DETTY29

If Hearts had genuinely lo-balled the price (which I'd like to have thought happened) then they should have stuck to their guns and forced it public, to the big bad SFA and their buddies Rangers.  Then the world gets to see the usual shit-show!  Way some folks are talking we end up with CAT A pricing then but hey, shouldn't make any difference, what's a fiver, you'd go anyway, etc!

Edited by ArcticJambo

been here before
1 hour ago, pumphyjambo said:

Nah Im calling shite on that.

I've read on here that its all Ann Budges fault and that shes shafting the fans.

The Treasurer
55 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

If Hearts had genuinely lo-balled the price (which I'd like to have thought happened) then they should have stuck to their guns and forced it public, to the big bad SFA and their buddies Rangers.  Then the world gets to see the usual shit-show!  Way some folks are talking we end up with CAT A pricing then but hey, shouldn't make any difference, what's a fiver, you'd go anyway, etc!

Do you honestly think the media would have shown us as the good guys and sevco as the baddies in this

24 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Do you honestly think the media would have shown us as the good guys and sevco as the baddies in this

Of course not but then we/the Hearts support would have at least seen the transparency involved.  It's basically them (the OF) against everybody other Scottish football fan so I'm sure we'd have had some sympathy/understanding.  Got to keep at them, forever until things change.  Social media is the enemy of the OF and establishment types; it can be used to great effect if the desire/will is there.

Even on a base level, if you're just having a discussion down the pub with your Gers mates you could at least have referenced the tweet or somelike non-mainstraim media statement/article, and won the moral high ground.  Like they'd give a ****.  :lol:

Make a fuss, game goes to replay, Sevco out of Europe and league, last chance of silverware and and prices dropped.

We know who the bad guys in all this will be.

SectionDJambo

If Rangers did insist that these prices were charged, it still leaves the question of why lower graded seats have been charged at premium seat prices. You would have thought that they couldn't insist on different pricing structures within our ground.

But maybe they could.

Maybe Rangers have insisted on these prices in the knowledge that many Hearts fans won't turn up, making the home advantage less of a benefit to Hearts. Hearts fans have previous instances of not turning up for home cup ties due to prices or convenience of watching in the pub instead. Looks like Rangers may have been correct too.

13 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If Rangers did insist that these prices were charged, it still leaves the question of why lower graded seats have been charged at premium seat prices. You would have thought that they couldn't insist on different pricing structures within our ground.

But maybe they could.

Maybe Rangers have insisted on these prices in the knowledge that many Hearts fans won't turn up, making the home advantage less of a benefit to Hearts. Hearts fans have previous instances of not turning up for home cup ties due to prices or convenience of watching in the pub instead. Looks like Rangers may have been correct too.

Correct in making it 30 pounds  ?

I never would have believed that so many of my fellow Hearts Supporters have turned their backs on a quarter final  Scottish Cup tie against Rangers. So much for digging the Channel Tunnel to follow Hearts. All I’m hearing on this thread is excuses, what the hell is wrong with so many so called Hearts fans. To say I’m disappointed in the stay away fans is a massive understatement and you have to wonder about the loyalty of many stay away fans. Ok many fans will  find it hard to attend like they’re in hospital or jail i would understand that but to see so many empty seats is tragic.

Edited by mitch41

Are we turning into St Johnstone ! Give Rangers 3 Stands because the way things are going for saturdays game we could fit all our fans in the main stand.

Edited by mitch41

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I would never of believed that so many of my fellow Hearts Supporters have turned their backs on a quarter final  Scottish Cup tie against Rangers. So much for digging the Channel Tunnel to follow Hearts. All I’m hearing on this thread is excuses, what the hell is wrong with so many so called Hearts fans. To say I’m disappointed in the stay away fans is a massive understatement and you have to wonder about the loyalty of many stay away fans. Ok many fans will  find it hard to attend like they’re in hospital or jail i would understand that but to see so many empty seats is tragic.

All the games in the 3 all Premiership finals are saving a couple of quid here and a couple of quid there.

Nothing more and certainly none of the games can be considered a great deal.

Because of the standard pricing for seats the smallest saving is £32 to £30 at our game.

The biggest savings are premium seat holders at our game, £38 to £30.

There is a wider discussion and Scottish football pricing especially for Premium seating at Tynecastle.

Edited by DETTY29

been here before
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I never would have believed that so many of my fellow Hearts Supporters have turned their backs on a quarter final  Scottish Cup tie against Rangers. So much for digging the Channel Tunnel to follow Hearts. All I’m hearing on this thread is excuses, what the hell is wrong with so many so called Hearts fans. To say I’m disappointed in the stay away fans is a massive understatement and you have to wonder about the loyalty of many stay away fans. Ok many fans will  find it hard to attend like they’re in hospital or jail i would understand that but to see so many empty seats is tragic.

If you can dig the channel tunnel then that shouldnt be a barrier.

What about if you were in an asylum mitch?

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

If you can dig the channel tunnel then that shouldnt be a barrier.

What about if you were in an asylum mitch?

When we win on Saturday I’ll be the lunatic buying the drink celebrating with real Hearts supporters. And we’ll be singing we were there when we knocked Rangers out the Scottish Cup. Then I’ll be happy to go back to my asylum until our next game.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

When we win on Saturday I’ll be the lunatic buying the drink celebrating with real Hearts supporters. And we’ll be singing we were there when we knocked Rangers out the Scottish Cup. Then I’ll be happy to go back to my asylum until our next game.

Now that's a PHM...

5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I bought my tickets online when they first went on sale and they still haven't arrived. Are others in the same boat?

Yeah I’m still waiting aswel 

Just now, mitch41 said:

Not a new thing this, Mitch.

Saturday will be the highest crowd for a SC tie against either of the OF for well over 30 years.

Last two times we played the demons at home in the big cup it was 10K and 12K.

That’s about 7 and 8K Hearts at a push.

Murrayfield was a one off !

I miss the days when Romanov would put the boot in to the OF rats.

Maybe if Budge stated the reason it would have helped 

Let's be honest she's usually not slow at opening her trap.

14 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I bought my tickets online when they first went on sale and they still haven't arrived. Are others in the same boat?

went into the club shop on saturday to pick up my hibs and sevco cup tickets, they had not even  been printed, booked them on the first day of sales, girl had to check on her computer to confirm that i had purchased them. booked through e-tickets.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, whyskey said:

went into the club shop on saturday to pick up my hibs and sevco cup tickets, they had not even  been printed, booked them on the first day of sales, girl had to check on her computer to confirm that i had purchased them. booked through e-tickets.

Bought my one day 1 of the sales, printed ticket delivered less than 24 hours later by post to Aberdeen

49 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bought my one day 1 of the sales, printed ticket delivered less than 24 hours later by post to Aberdeen

For the Rangers game?

I ordered both at the same time, I've got the Hibs but not the Rangers tickets.

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

But maybe they could.

Maybe Rangers were insistent on the cheapest tickets being 30 quid, so we said fine we will make them all that price.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Correct in making it 30 pounds  ?

No

Correct in thinking it would put Hearts fans off turning up to help their team against them.

SectionDJambo
7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Maybe Rangers were insistent on the cheapest tickets being 30 quid, so we said fine we will make them all that price.

Could be. If Hearts had different ideas on price they should tell us. The Rangers PR buffoon wouldn’t have been slow to tell everyone if if was a tie at Ibrox and we insisted on high prices.

On 21/02/2020 at 13:21, davemclaren said:

Yes, it does seem a bit daft launching it after tickets have already been on sale. 

If you have already bought your ticket you can still access the Gorgie warm up for £15 it’s on the Hearts site 

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Aye it was.

Not sure what you’re meaning here, Dave.

Just curious why one price across the stadium for a ‘big match’. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, durhamhearts said:

If you have already bought your ticket you can still access the Gorgie warm up for £15 it’s on the Hearts site 

Pity the dont do a bairns version.

11 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

I'm sure Airdrie was.

True, but usually one price fits all reflects a bottom tier price, not Premium!!

This seems like the biggest cock-up since dynamic pricing!!!

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just curious why one price across the stadium for a ‘big match’. 

St. Mirren and St. Johnstone appear to be doing similar.

Just now, David McCaig said:

True, but usually one price fits all reflects a bottom tier price, not Premium!!

This seems like the biggest cock-up since dynamic pricing!!!

Was Airdrie not across the board though, D ?

Granted it was £12 but sitting front row was the same as sitting platinum.

Edited by Boab