Smith, Clare & Sibbick

Rudy T

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

All out for Friday apparently.

If true we are in trouble!!  Boyce did not look fit on Saturday either!

Edited by Balernojambo

Just now, Balernojambo said:

If true we are in trouble!!  Boyce did not look fit on Saturday either!

He was mentioned by Stendel that he is not 100 percent fit.

5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Has Sibbick contracted Coronavirus or something? For someone who’s been ill it’s been one hell of an illness so far 

He's no longer ill as he was at the signing thing at the weekend. But having been in his bed for so long his fitness needs working up again. Might see him on the bench? 

9 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Says who ? If the same article I read then he said there not 100%

Heard it on the wireless this morning, all 3 are struggling to make Friday. 

29 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

If were missing these 3,and there are a few more with injury problems ?   Let's hope game is rained off  or basically postponed till later on,    we would struggle to get a draw......

The Treasurer
20 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So are they out (as you indicated) or struggling to make it.

Just now, The Treasurer said:

So are they out (as you indicated) or struggling to make it.

At this stage out apparently - but its only Tuesday so who knows. 

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

At this stage out apparently - but its only Tuesday so who knows. 

So your OP should have read "All out for Tuesday apparently".

We've got enough to worry about, without things that might not actually happen.

Tokyo Drifter
58 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Clare too? Reckoned Smith and Sibbick would be out but Clare's a blow (if true). Doubt Hickey will be back either.

Can we get Christophe back home for the night, please?

8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

So your OP should have read "All out for Tuesday apparently".

We've got enough to worry about, without things that might not actually happen.

FFS, only passing on what was said "all 3 are injury worries for Friday".... is that better??

53 minutes ago, Balernojambo said:

Is Brandon fit?

I'd like to know about Brandon too. Of all our RBs he could be the one who suits the system most. He was looking good in Dec and unlucky again with injury.

He's not perfect but he is quick, aggressive, can defend, can attack. He's a bit rash and needs to concentrate more but often I think that's him trying too hard.

Team for Fri if those 3 (and Brandon) out

Bobby

Dika

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey

Damour

Irving

Walker

Washington

Boyce

Naismith

Could play Bozanic and put Walker in place of Washington. Could play Hickey RB with Ben LB.

I think we need to go 3 in midfield. Leave the three uptop, support them well but have a mid 3 with a bit discipline to plug gaps as they appear.

If Walker, Naismith, Boyce start, we'll win 2-3... I effin hope so anyway...

Definitely gonna be goals at each end again, let's just stop gifting possession in deep areas and penalties!

Edited by Jambo83

13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

FFS, only passing on what was said "all 3 are injury worries for Friday".... is that better??

Yes. Not quite the same as ‘all out’. 😄

Just now, davemclaren said:

Yes. Not quite the same as ‘all out’. 😄

Pretty sure the dude on the radio isn't getting this much grief, I'm going to hunt him down and get him to explain himself on here 😃

17 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Pretty sure the dude on the radio isn't getting this much grief, I'm going to hunt him down and get him to explain himself on here 😃

👍👍😂😂

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Says who ? If the same article I read then he said there not 100%

maybe a Taxi driver?

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Still 4 days to the game, reporter could also have said that all three are still in contention.

Hackney Hearts
42 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Yes, FFS, that IS better! It's a big difference, especially if you're going to start a thread about it.

Hackney Hearts
27 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Point is, the dude on the radio didn't say what you said, that's why you're getting grief (albeit lighthearted). :lol:

6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Yes, FFS, that IS better! It's a big difference, especially if you're going to start a thread about it.

4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Point is, the dude on the radio didn't say what you said, that's why you're getting grief (albeit lighthearted). :lol:

😃 OK - I'll start again, :-

Whilst listening to the wireless this morning the sports reporter indicated the 3 named players in the title are injury doubts for Friday.

Like (most) of JKB I'm hoping this isn't case and all three take to the field of play at the "whatever its called this week" stadium in Paisley on Friday.

Right c'mon is that ok 🤣🤣

Edited by Rudy T

Can pretty much guarantee that some trumpet will link this to the "Players unhappy with Stendel".

Someone said Clare was spewing on the sidelines Saturday so maybe has a bug. Sibbick is understandable having also been ill. Hopefully Smith makes it cos he'd be a huge miss

Edited by Jamhammer

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Can pretty much guarantee that some trumpet will link this to the "Players unhappy with Stendel".

Someone said Clare was spewing on the sidelines Saturday so maybe has a bug. Sibbick is understandable having also been ill. Hopefuly Smith makes it cos he'd be a huge miss

Centre circle in fact. Big-hearted guy, to keep playing as he did. Hope he's not made himself worse.

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Has Sibbick contracted Coronavirus or something? For someone who’s been ill it’s been one hell of an illness so far 

No idea what Sibbick's virus was but just a proper dose of flu would put a normal person out of action for easily a fortnight. Footballers might recover faster but they also need to attain a higher level of recovery. Sorry about my non-expert rendering of this.

Though young and fit, I came down with a virus having stood in the pouring rain at the 1976 cup final and was off 'work' (student) for two weeks, felt weak for a fortnight after that, still the longest absence from work in my adult life.

Sibbick was already lacking fitness and working on getting up to speed so a couple of weeks floored with a virus and not training isn't going to have helped. Can see him making the bench Fri maybe

Hackney Hearts
18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

😃 OK - I'll start again, :-

Whilst listening to the wireless this morning the sports reporter indicated the 3 named players in the title are injury doubts for Friday.

Like (most) of JKB I'm hoping this isn't case and all three take to the field of play at the "whatever its called this week" stadium in Paisley on Friday.

Right c'mon is that ok 🤣🤣

Yay, perfect! -

Thanks mate for sharing that interesting snippet of information - obviously fingers crossed that at least some or preferably all of the aforementioned threesome pull through and are able to play their part in thwarting the mighty St Mirren at Not-Love Street this coming Friday, the 21st of February 2020.

- Easy 👍

32 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

No idea what Sibbick's virus was but just a proper dose of flu would put a normal person out of action for easily a fortnight. Footballers might recover faster but they also need to attain a higher level of recovery. Sorry about my non-expert rendering of this.

Though young and fit, I came down with a virus having stood in the pouring rain at the 1976 cup final and was off 'work' (student) for two weeks, felt weak for a fortnight after that, still the longest absence from work in my adult life.

I bummed him. If he has what I have, he'll be oot a while!!

I had mumps then gastrointestinal stuff following when I was in mid 20s. Kept me out of footy for months. These things csn be worse than an injury. 2 weeks I'll can set you back so much.

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

maybe a Taxi driver?

Still 4 days to the game, reporter could also have said that all three are still in contention.

Never once said there out. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Someone said Clare was spewing on the sidelines Saturday so maybe has a bug. Sibbick is understandable having also been ill. Hopefully Smith makes it cos he'd be a huge miss

Clare was sick about 4 times as the teams lined up to kick off the second half.  Proper vomiting as well, not just a wee bit.

PhoenixHearts

If Clare and Smith are both out, Hickey at RB, Garuccio LB.

Maybe even Langer could cover if he's already served his suspension?

I think we win this one regardless. Just a feeling. I'd start Washington, Walker and Naismith all sitting just behind Boyce in a 4-2-3-1.

Irving and Bozanic if Sibbick or Smith can't make it. Could maybe try Clevid in a holding role? Failing that, put 50p in Damour.

Souttar and Halkett will really need to up their game and keep their head, especially if they're not going to have a defense minded mid like Smith in front of them. I'm really starting to think they're not the brightest pair, which is unfortunate. Your Central Defenders and keeper are supposed to be the intelligent ones...

I know it's a high press, but I'm sick of seeing nobody hanging back. You can easily carry out an effective high press with 7 players committing forward. Not all 10.

Clare was Deffo training today I seen Smith looked like he was fine although I never stopped for long , I never got an eye on Sibbick but there was a few of them at the far end with beanie hats on he could have there though