Smith, Clare & Sibbick

Rudy T

That manager at Spurs is an idiot.  When his players are injured, he announces it then gives updates on their recovery.  Thank goodness we keep it all a big secret.

6 hours ago, Rudy T said:

All out for Friday apparently.

Very worrying if true. Smith is hands down our brightest and best this year by a country mile and Clare has improved massively. 

The closer we get to the end of the season the more we'll see who's got the stomach for the important game pressure. 

7 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Heard it on the wireless this morning, all 3 are struggling to make Friday. 

Wireless, not got a radio bud , sorry jokin:), our team are fairly picking up injuries these days.

Why is this ?

Guest ToqueJambo

Sibbick getting ill is just incredible. For every shaft of light with someone coming back we have others dropping like flies to leave us back where we started. When is this injury nightmare going to end? Never seen anything like it with any club.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

No idea what Sibbick's virus was but just a proper dose of flu would put a normal person out of action for easily a fortnight. Footballers might recover faster but they also need to attain a higher level of recovery. Sorry about my non-expert rendering of this.

Though young and fit, I came down with a virus having stood in the pouring rain at the 1976 cup final and was off 'work' (student) for two weeks, felt weak for a fortnight after that, still the longest absence from work in my adult life.

Was told by my doctor in the 90s, after a really horible dose of flu which had me completely bed bound for 2 weeks, that to return to strenuous excercise too quickly after an illness like that could lead to trouble further down the line. "Post viral debility" was what he called it. I certainly felt weak and washed out for a good few weeks after.

Edit to add In the 90s I was pretty damn fit as I was out on the hills or climbing every week, but it still took a lot to recover my fitness.

Edited by whodanny

8 hours ago, Rudy T said:

All out for Friday apparently.

Bull....all 3 at Federation rally on Sunday.....Smith actually commented that 3 points on Friday was a must. "We start with 3 points on Friday " or something similar  he said

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

It always amazes me we have a huge squad but always seem short of cover everywhere 😂

A huge squad of rubbish, or hiders, or both.......

8 hours ago, ramrod said:

Hickey 

Hopefully other options.

Hanging the guy out to dry at RB when he’s still learning his own role.

9 hours ago, Balernojambo said:

Is Brandon fit?

I asked him at player signing session on Sunday and he said he's back training and ready to play. 

Would expect all 3 to make it . Sibbick being the least likely of the 3. 

Remember the Boyce is out the Hamilton game thread . We all got tucked up with that shite . 

10 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Sibbick was at the kids signing thingy on Sunday ? Some virus eh.

Doesn't think he will make Friday though

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Remember the Boyce is out the Hamilton game thread . We all got tucked up with that shite . 

Sibbick has said himself he thinks Friday will be too soon but you never know.

7 minutes ago, EH22-Jambo said:

I asked him at player signing session on Sunday and he said he's back training and ready to play. 

Brandon, like Edwards, showed that he had progressed and should have been kept in the team. Plenty of energy with him as well. 

Has he been injured?

Edited by Space Pirate

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sibbick getting ill is just incredible. For every shaft of light with someone coming back we have others dropping like flies to leave us back where we started. When is this injury nightmare going to end? Never seen anything like it with any club.

Know what you mean. The recent injury situation is incredible.

We could do with Sibbick back in midfield, Smith at RB and Clare further forward. This would give us a chance on Friday.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

To be fair to the poster it looked like Boyce played when he shouldn’t have on Saturday. He was limping after 15 mins. 

14 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Can pretty much guarantee that some trumpet will link this to the "Players unhappy with Stendel".

Someone said Clare was spewing on the sidelines Saturday so maybe has a bug. Sibbick is understandable having also been ill. Hopefully Smith makes it cos he'd be a huge miss

🤔🤔🤔🙄🙄🙄😏😏😏😘😍🤩

SibbicK had glandular fever so is training again but not expected to play until the cup game

Sibbick is recovering from a bout of glandular fever which ruled him out of the last four matches. But he hopes to be back for the Scottish Cup clash against Rangers in 10 days’ time.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/toby-sibbick-slaughters-hearts-player-21522924

Edited by Newton51

highlandjambo3
19 hours ago, Rudy T said:

😃 OK - I'll start again, :-

Whilst listening to the wireless this morning the sports reporter indicated the 3 named players in the title are injury doubts for Friday.

Like (most) of JKB I'm hoping this isn't case and all three take to the field of play at the "whatever its called this week" stadium in Paisley on Friday.

Right c'mon is that ok 🤣🤣

You have a wireless?  😉

13 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Know what you mean. The recent injury situation is incredible.

We could do with Sibbick back in midfield, Smith at RB and Clare further forward. This would give us a chance on Friday.

Previously our horrendous injury list was blamed on the management 

The bad luck theory was ridiculed . 

What could possibly be the cause this time ?

37 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Previously our horrendous injury list was blamed on the management 

The bad luck theory was ridiculed . 

What could possibly be the cause this time ?

Levein tripping the players up while skulking in the corridors I hear. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Levein tripping the players up while skulking i the corridors I hear. 

Maybe he's slipping something into their energy drinks as well!!!????

5 hours ago, Newton51 said:

SibbicK had glandular fever so is training again but not expected to play until the cup game

Sibbick is recovering from a bout of glandular fever which ruled him out of the last four matches. But he hopes to be back for the Scottish Cup clash against Rangers in 10 days’ time.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/toby-sibbick-slaughters-hearts-player-21522924

Yikes. Glandular fever is a nasty bug. While the main symptoms like a high temperature and a sore throat only last a couple of weeks, it can leave you feel tired and exhausted for months afterwards. For some it even turns into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Glandular fever can be an absolute nightmare. Will depend how badly it has impacted him but has potential still affect him after he tries to return.