Damour

Coco

A four year contract!  Levein had tailed him for years - attempting to sign him in 2017 before giving him a 4 year contract last summer.  A 4 year contract for someone with zero sell on value is frankly unbelievable.  He's been horrendous so far - on his irregular appearances regularly getting caught in possession just outside our own box.  And now under Stendel he's virtually disappeared.

But with our midfield toiling surely he has something to offer rather than playing defenders or the limited Langer there?  He's mobile and reasonable on the ball.  A midfield 4 of Clare, Damour, Irving and Walker offers a bit more than the other options there?

Just now, Coco said:

A four year contract!  Levein had tailed him for years - attempting to sign him in 2017 before giving him a 4 year contract last summer.  A 4 year contract for someone with zero sell on value is frankly unbelievable.  He's been horrendous so far - on his irregular appearances regularly getting caught in possession just outside our own box.  And now under Stendel he's virtually disappeared.

But with our midfield toiling surely he has something to offer rather than playing defenders or the limited Langer there?  He's mobile and reasonable on the ball.  A midfield 4 of Clare, Damour, Irving and Walker offers a bit more than the other options there?

Worth a try 

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Can't win folk wanted him out the team and gone from the club.

I thought we were going to bring in someone better in midfield.  The 2 defender types Stendel signed don't look much better (though Sibbick showed promise in his 2 games!).

1 minute ago, Coco said:

I thought we were going to bring in someone better in midfield.  The 2 defender types Stendel signed don't look much better (though Sibbick showed promise in his 2 games!).

Our midfield is honking.Its been honking for feck knows how many years now, every single season it never seems to be addressed.

lost in space
38 minutes ago, Coco said:

So, he has been horrendous but you want to play him????

He is "reasonable on the ball" - yet "gets caught in possession"??

No - lets not play him unless we have major injury problems.

He must have something to have been a regular in a Cardiff team that got promoted to EPL. Certainly hasn't shown much in a Hearts jersey so far though.

Goals gifted to Motherwell and Hibs. Even managed to lose it easily which resulted in a goal for Celtic in the only half decent performance he’s given. I’d have loved him to be good but he’s not. Free transfer to anyone that will take him in the summer. Amazed he survived Danuary.

Players coming up from England constantly get found out in our league. Maybe it's because they're surrounded by superior players down south and up here it's more noticeable. Barton at Rangers was one.

44 minutes ago, Balernojambo said:

Damour is slow as treacle.  His performance v Hibs unforgivable.  Another Malaury Martin!!

Summed up perfectly. Another Levein fcuk up. 

24 minutes ago, lost in space said:

After performance v hobos at tyney last game ?     Eh no chance    damour was their best player ! Get him to f...k !🖕

18 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Agree. I haven't really seen anything of note from Damour and he's been much to slow on the ball and with his decision making. Another Levein signing that we're just going to need to cut out losses on at some point, I think. But yeah, handing a (probably quite expensive) four-year deal to a 29-year-old............ 😵

Tokyo Drifter
1 hour ago, Coco said:

Agree mostly, but he's made the bench a few times under Stendel so either the manager sees something in him - or he's really desperate. Sure he was even on the bench against Accies - baffling how he got there ahead of Meshino.

I've said it so many times now. 

Craig Levein is Hibs. 

There is no other explanation for the sheer negligence shown towards Hearts during his time here. He's caused damage which is going to take years to fix. Malicious doesn't even begin to cover it. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, indianajones said:

I've said it so many times now. 

Craig Levein is Hibs. 

There is no other explanation for the sheer negligence shown towards Hearts during his time here. He's caused damage which is going to take years to fix. Malicious doesn't even begin to cover it. 

Correct.

He's never looked even close to fit enough.

Something which could be said for a lot of our players but Damour especially looks like he smokes 20 a day. 

2 hours ago, Coco said:

Did you read this through before you posted?

2 hours ago, Coco said:

Just another Levein thread.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
2 hours ago, Coco said:

Damour is absolutely stinking and is nowhere near good enough for our squad. 

Players of Damour standard is why we are in a relegation dog fight.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

He must have something to have been a regular in a Cardiff team that got promoted to EPL. Certainly hasn't shown much in a Hearts jersey so far though.

This is where I am at. Surely there has to be a player in there. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Seemed to be surprised by the speed of the game  up here and was caught out a few times, which proved costly. The fact that he's barely been slelected since DS took over suggests he's not showing anything in training. For all Bozanic's faults effort isn't an issue wi him

Glamorgan Jambo

Damour is a decent player. Possible he’s in the wrong movie. He played mostly as an attacking midfielder for Cardiff though iirc (The Brow watches them more than I do though)

One of my biggest gripes with Levein is how he hyped certain players to a level they struggled to cope with expectations (Clare is the most obvious example, Vanecek another).

17 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Seemed to be surprised by the speed of the game  up here and was caught out a few times, which proved costly. The fact that he's barely been slelected since DS took over suggests he's not showing anything in training. For all Bozanic's faults effort isn't an issue wi him

Bozanic was in and around the team when it looked like we were getting somewhere. I don't think he's been anywhere near these last few games? He's a safe pair of hands in the middle of the park that's for sure and I'd rather he was playing ahead of the likes of Langer.

I'd play him or Bozanic just now certainly. Has to be a 3 man mid from now imo.

433.  Leave the 3 up top, give them little tracking back duties but they're to run their asses off chasing down the ball.

Midfield three to maintain our shape, support attack but also cover fullbacks and CHs.

Damour showed against Celtic (feels a long time ago) he has it in him. He needs to click and step up.

Bozanic will always give his all and perhaps we need to accept his flaws to get that in our team.

3 hours ago, Coco said:

I was making this point a few weeks back. Damour is on a long contract so Stendel and the coaches should be training the hell out of him. There was no need to waste a wage bringing Langer in for a defensive midfield role when there's plenty there already to do it. Damour himself, Irving, Bozanic, Sibbick and I would even be playing Halkett in there as he is not a defender. Halkett would be better in there in a 4-4-2 system for two reasons, he can link midfield to front as well as taking a step back to help out if Souttar or Dikamona were caught out of position. Makes sense. The system can be changed if Damour plays but against St Mirren on Friday night i'd be going Doyle, Smith, Dikamona, Souttar, Hickey across the back, Clare, Halkett, Sibbick, Walker across the middle and Naismith and Boyce up front. Smith and Clare working the right channel together and Hickey and Walker working the left. Sibbick holding and Halkett linking through the middle. Halket can even be used as a striker as he used to be one and seems to be able to find the net more than Washington and Ikpeazu. The players are there to do this so Stendel has to change his system at least until we can get ourselves safe.

Edited by jambonian

3 hours ago, kevins_barnet said:

Based on the current Stendel selection roulette he’ll probably start on Friday. 

I'm not sure that's fair to be honest. Of the last five matches Stendel has actually been fairly consistent where possible. Six players have started all of those games whilst the goalkeeper has changed once in those six, that was a good decision, arguably to late. Of the other changes, three have been forced due to injury and only Henderson as far as I know has been dropped due to a lack of form in the past two games. Doesn't change the fact that we are still playing mince mind you.

3 hours ago, Martin_T said:

He hasn't had many chances to show what he can do. He first came into the team when we weren't doing so well under Levein, then he gets injured. he gets back fit again and by then, Levein is sacked. Now he has to prove himself to the new manager but doesn't get a chance to. Barely even a sub appearance never mind a game from the start. Stendel and his coaches should be working his arse off in training and encouraging him, build confidence etc. I mean, what does it look like when Sibbick comes in firstly, that's probably fair enough but at the eleventh hour, Langer walks in the door. A player with much less experience and knows nothing about Scottish/British football.

Edited by jambonian

Could it be that we sign players then proceed to ruin their confidence hence they play like shit?

This guys and a long line of other players with pedigree and obvious potential seem to turn to shite as soon as they sign for us. 

Damour was a regular for cardiff...we arent better than them Their fans also had a nothing but good words to say about him. How has he not turned out to be a good signing? It doesnt make sense. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Could it be that we sign players then proceed to ruin their confidence hence they play like shit?

This guys and a long line of other players with pedigree and obvious potential seem to turn to shite as soon as they sign for us. 

Damour was a regular for cardiff...we arent better than them Their fans also had a nothing but good words to say about him. How has he not turned out to be a good signing? It doesnt make sense. 

I'm not sure that his pedigree was that great but it should have been good enough for survival in the SPL, given that he played a season in the English Championship. However even apart from his regular loss of possession leading to goals he's never impressed me.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Things are no better or worse with him, just like the other 35000 in the first team squad

Thought you rated our squad?

3rd best squad in the league?

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

He hasn't had many chances to show what he can do. He first came into the team when we weren't doing so well under Levein, then he gets injured. he gets back fit again and by then, Levein is sacked. Now he has to prove himself to the new manager but doesn't get a chance to. Barely even a sub appearance never mind a game from the start. Stendel and his coaches should be working his arse off in training and encouraging him, build confidence etc. I mean, what does it look like when Sibbick comes in firstly, that's probably fair enough but at the eleventh hour, Langer walks in the door. A player with much less experience and knows nothing about Scottish/British football.

Uche, Damour, Dikamona. All play like carthorses with a first touch like an elephant. You can spin it any way you want but none are even close to being Hearts standard.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

How do you know that DS and his team are not doing this? Perhaps the player is just going through the motions in training and not making the Manager think maybe I should give this guy a try.

Players can take the arriva of others in two ways the first being to think I have competition here for a place so better get stuck in or oh well doesn't look like I will be getting much of a chance of a game but hey ho I have another three and a half years left on my deal.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Thought you rated our squad?

3rd best squad in the league?

Not sure where I have made such a bold claim, not lately anyway.

Since we're talking about it, we certainly on paper have strong areas, but you wont find me anywhere excited about our midfield.

I've been mystified since the departures of Djoum and Lee, whether we like them or not, they haven't been improved on at all.

I like Irving, but he's young.

Plenty of good forward players and as shite as Souttar and Halkett have been lately, I put that down to loss of confidence in the system as much as themselves.

The big gaping hole in centre midfield that the square pegs keeping go in, that's been a massive problem which has led to over compensating in other areas.

I doubt there is one team that would be really happy with their squad, but we should have better options than any other team beyond Aberdeen and Hibs, on paper at least. Nobody else has our numbers

35 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Uche, Damour, Dikamona. All play like carthorses with a first touch like an elephant. You can spin it any way you want but none are even close to being Hearts standard.

Not saying they are Hearts standard by any means, never have. However they are under contract, taking a wage and should be utilised until their time is up. Or at least until we can replace them. We have to use all players in the squad whether we think they're good enough or not, unfortunately.

35 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

How do you know that DS and his team are not doing this? Perhaps the player is just going through the motions in training and not making the Manager think maybe I should give this guy a try.

Players can take the arriva of others in two ways the first being to think I have competition here for a place so better get stuck in or oh well doesn't look like I will be getting much of a chance of a game but hey ho I have another three and a half years left on my deal.

I would be expecting the coaching team to be doing it anyway whether I know if they are or not, it's what they're paid for. And if they weren't i'd want to know why. Perhaps in hindsight i should've said I "hope they are" rather than "should be" in my post.

On your second point...some players will and some won't take to a new manager coming in. I'm sure it's like this in every job (i'm self-employed so it wouldn't affect me). Some will feel a loyalty towards the old boss and others like a challenge. That said, football is a short career and if I wasn't happy with my new boss i'd be more inclined to push myself even more so that I could instigate a move away through good performances. They won't get noticed as a sub sitting on their jacksie's and will eventually be forgotten about. Then you get the money-grabbers who don't really care and will take every penny they can with no pride or ambition for themselves. It's a thin line.