Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

Of course there is a dressing room split. Levein's old cronies have quite rightly been told there is no future for them at Hearts. These players will be moaning their heads off instead of working hard at training.  I’m amazed that anybody would even consider bringing Levein back. He should be booted out the door now.

People have to realise that between now and the end of the season, Stendel is the only show in town and everyone should get behind him and the club, regardless of any doubts they have. 

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Because, he had half a brain!

Is he the one who has spotted you roaming the concourses of Tynecastle with flowers and chocolates pining for Craig Levein?

P.S. He HAD half a brain?

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Eddie The Eagle

Think this has to do with some of our Glasgow based players having to drive to Tynecastle, so they could travel as a team to Celtic Park the other week. Some weren't to happy about it. They also had to drive back to Tynecastle as a team then make their way back to their homes in Glasgow and the west coast. Daniel certainly hasn't lost the dressing room , more of new regime, new rules

Edited by Eddie The Eagle

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, smartinmaroon said:

Maybe. We certainly need to sharpen up when it comes to giving possession away cheaply.  First half on Saturday I agree with you.  

Given the first fifteen minutes of the game, the team should take a bit of credit for not going to pieces and clawing it back in the second half.  Nervy times to say the least, but I still think we have it in us to avoid the drop.  This is hearts though, and no doubt we’ll take it to the brink 😫

we’ve seen large scale dressing room unrest in the past and this isn’t it thankfully 

Said to my old man last night, 89th minute equalizer on the final day to keep us up :lol:

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s two of you now👍🏼 Gio wasn’t very enthusiastic at the beginning either I recall. 
I appreciate we’ve taken a risk but I’m glad we have. The only mistake so far is not running levein out of Tynecastle with a sharp instrument. You pair want another Craig Levein or Stuart McCall or Neil McCann well I’m sorry but balls to that. I’ve had enough of that same same crap that has gotten us next to nowhere in my entire 30 odd years following this club. 
Im on the Stendel train for better or worse. We go down they so be it. We can get in one of your favoured god awful journeymen managers in after that. 

Great post 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
45 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I've always held the opinion that a new manager has to piss with the cock he has (so to speak) until he gets his own players in, often that can take 3 transfer windows.

What Stendel has done is come in with his football philosophy and tried to get the current crop to play his way, he got some signings in to help and in Boyce and Sibbick he's got two players I'd class as his types of player the rest look stop gaps and wont be here long. There have been positive signs that his philosophy will work given time, but the big problem is; we don't have time.

What I'd like to see him do is look at the likes Hamilton, Killie, St Johnstone's approach to our games a learn and adapt from that just until the end of the season. He's not abandoning his principles just changing them to suit the circumstances. I'm almost of the mind to forget the games up to the winter break as he was struck with a ridiculous amount of games in a very short period, and if anything was his opportunity to learn about the players and the Scottish game. However since then he's had plenty time to find a winning formula.

For whatever reason the balance is all wrong, that could be players ability, not understanding the system, too many offensive minded players, unfit players whatever the reason he needs to address the glaringly obvious problem of conceding goals. We're capable of scoring which is a vast improvement on the first half of the season (and most of last season) but having to score 3 goals minimum a game is far to big an ask.

I know this might sound ridiculous but I have a feeling we may fare a lot better against the top 6 teams (Celtic away aside) as they will open up against us and we can most certainly exploit gaps. I don't see Hibs Motherwell Rangers for example trying to sit in and hit on the break, they attack and won't change to play us if they do it might work in our favour. Aberdeen will be a draw and I think Ross County look vulnerable at the moment. Livi we'd be as well giving the points and save us the pain as they're set up to beat us.

I like the man Stendel, he brings a positive yet ruthless attitude to the club, but to be a good manager you have to adapt. If we continue without changes we will go down there is no doubt about it. The players confidence is low and simple passes are looking increasingly more difficult for them, Stendel has to give them an option - its ok to punt it every once in a while to give the defence a break for example. When we press we all press and when we need to sit in we do so. Teams expect us to take them game to them, maybe we need to invite them out a bit and try our own counter attacking game, knock there game plan off course for once.

Walker Washington Naismith & Boyce that's quality that no team anywhere near us has so we need to find a way to utilise that quality without giving goals away for free, its time to become hard to beat not time for harlem globetrotter style football - we can have a bit of that next season if we stay up!

I'm glad you wrote that. Every bit of it. 

Its not adapting to our circumstances that is the issue. If we were 5th to 8th, it would be a great time to experiment and work out who can do what, what works and what doesn't.

However we have no wiggle room, no luxuries. Someone said the other week in reply to me, right man wrong time. I find that quite to the point too. 

But our need is urgent and I pray we do some simple things. I've taken pelters for playing down Clare, I am an advocate that Smith is a double loss in midfield. He is a right back, a very decent one at our level, and as seen on Saturday, puts across better balls than Clare.

Lets not try to be too clever, round pegs in round holes. 

Final paragraph explains why we don't need to be chasing games to the point there are 2 at the back.

Another point I will stick my head above the parapet. Souttar, please have faith in the lad.

He has been poor, but he has been out for a very long time and is trying to recover whilst being mercilessly exposed by the poor execution of the system by the team in general.

If we go back to basics we stay up, if we think we can blast our way of it, we are in for a shock.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Think this has to do with some of our Glasgow based players having to drive to Tynecastle, so they could travel as a team to Celtic Park the other week. Some weren't to happy about it. They also had to drive back to Tynecastle as a team then make their way back to their homes in Glasgow and the west coast. Daniel certainly hasn't lost the dressing room , more of new regime, new rules

He clearly hasn't been briefed on sustainability then :lol:

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Which parts of it?

Obviously not the parts you disagree with, which will be all of it no doubt.

You’ve nailed your colours to the mast, we get it. Some of us are a bit more inclined to give Stendel some time to do his job.  

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Which parts of it?

All of it.
Who would you have hired, and what tactics and formation would you have this bunch of misfits playing.
Smith, if fit, is likely to play at RB on Friday. Hopefully that will give the defence more protection. I’m not sure if it will help the players to stop making the poor decisions that has cost us so many goals this season, regardless of the 3 managers/tactics/formations.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You’ve nailed your colours to the mast, we get it. Some of us are a bit more inclined to give Stendel some time to do his job.  

He just said that he agrees with every word of Rudy T's post though. So would that not contradict your assumption?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

As I am, you clearly don't read all of my posts. 

Put simply, as Rudy T seems to comprehend, all I am looking for him to do is adapt to our circumstances.

I wont go in to numerous other posts I've made where I do take Stendels corner, basically the timing was not good, however I don't think he has helped himself. 

I sincerely hope he is here next season and we can crack on.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All of it.
Who would you have hired, and what tactics and formation would you have this bunch of misfits playing.
Smith, if fit, is likely to play at RB on Friday. Hopefully that will give the defence more protection. I’m not sure if it will help the players to stop making the poor decisions that has cost us so many goals this season, regardless of the 3 managers/tactics/formations.

As I've mentioned I was at a bit of loss and would reluctantly have taken Warnock for 1 1/2 years, might not have been pretty to begin with, but he has a knack of galvanizing teams. Truth is suspect he was never available.

With the attacking players now available I don't think we need radical tactics, but we need ones that fit the personnel available, seems we have gone from one extreme to the other, neither what was before or what is now are right.

Reason I asked, that post said relegation was fine, just hop on the train.

I wonder how many folk find that quite so palatable, the consequences of which I personally find hard to stomach. 

Its not about sympathizing with one regime or the other, its about progress, I haven't seen it from any manager since Neilson, an honest opinion

38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Said to my old man last night, 89th minute equalizer on the final day to keep us up :lol:

😱😁I’d take that to be honest, but my god, the stress  😱 please let that not be the scenario - Saturday was stressful enough 😬😆

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

As I am, you clearly don't read all of my posts. 

Put simply, as Rudy T seems to comprehend, all I am looking for him to do is adapt to our circumstances.

I wont go in to numerous other posts I've made where I do take Stendels corner, basically the timing was not good, however I don't think he has helped himself. 

I sincerely hope he is here next season and we can crack on.

As I've mentioned I was at a bit of loss and would reluctantly have taken Warnock for 1 1/2 years, might not have been pretty to begin with, but he has a knack of galvanizing teams. Truth is suspect he was never available.

With the attacking players now available I don't think we need radical tactics, but we need ones that fit the personnel available, seems we have gone from one extreme to the other, neither what was before or what is now are right.

Reason I asked, that post said relegation was fine, just hop on the train.

I wonder how many folk find that quite so palatable, the consequences of which I personally find hard to stomach. 

Its not about sympathizing with one regime or the other, its about progress, I haven't seen it from any manager since Neilson, an honest opinion

Warnock would’ve played exactly the same way Levein did, we don’t have a striker capable of winning headers.

Ive asked many people and you are the latest not to answer, what exact formation and tactics would any manager be able to get a tune out if this squad? Is there one? 
If we are relegated it will be easier to get rid of the utter charlatans responsible for this mess, on and off the pitch.

I want my team to play the way that Stendel does, that and the mess he inherited leads me to back him two months into the job. I’m not saying that won’t change, but for now I hope he is successful, nothing to do with my ego or hating Levein, just a lifelong love of HMFC.

5 hours ago, Uche said:

Seriously worrying that we have a dressing room divide between management and players.

Defo no fighting in the dressing room.  I've seen these sissies play and they can't fight shit.

Know it sounds daft, but I feel like we’re agonisingly close to seeing significant improvement.

agree with fair bit of what’s been said about adapting a little to ensure survival as suggested by  @Rudy T and @Sir Gio too though 

whoever it was who said Stendel is the only show in town though was right, we must back him to give us our best chance of staying up, then take it from there 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Warnock would’ve played exactly the same way Levein did, we don’t have a striker capable of winning headers.

Ive asked many people and you are the latest not to answer, what exact formation and tactics would any manager be able to get a tune out if this squad? Is there one? 
If we are relegated it will be easier to get rid of the utter charlatans responsible for this mess, on and off the pitch.

I want my team to play the way that Stendel does, that and the mess he inherited leads me to back him two months into the job. I’m not saying that won’t change, but for now I hope he is successful, nothing to do with my ego or hating Levein, just a lifelong love of HMFC.

Its purely hypothetical, it was played to death when we were looking for a manager, Warnock has been pigeon holed unfairly. A very attacking manager in general, loves having competition up front. Quite direct, something Levein ultimately never was.

I likened Leveins final days to be stuck on a roundabout never knowing where the exit was. It was heavily possession based, safe possession, going nowhere.

Its time to get over Levein, he cant be Stendels excuse, Stendel needs to succeed, the mess he has inherited includes riches far beyond any team around us. He has the tools alright.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, smartinmaroon said:

Know it sounds daft, but I feel like we’re agonisingly close to seeing significant improvement.

agree with fair bit of what’s been said about adapting a little to ensure survival as suggested by  @Rudy T and @Sir Gio too though 

whoever it was who said Stendel is the only show in town though was right, we must back him to give us our best chance of staying up, then take it from there 

Yip, its one thing saying on the forum what we agree and don't agree with, but game days we need the right energy.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Yip, its one thing saying on the forum what we agree and don't agree with, but game days we need the right energy.

Absolutely spot on

👍

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Have they wheeled his sick bed down to Riccarton for training like?

Sibbick is fine, he was out at functions over the weekend held at Tynecastle. The only thing that he is looking to work on now is his fitness, as other than the games against Rangers and St Johnstone he hasn't played any other football for around 10 weeks.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its purely hypothetical, it was played to death when we were looking for a manager, Warnock has been pigeon holed unfairly. A very attacking manager in general, loves having competition up front. Quite direct, something Levein ultimately never was.

I likened Leveins final days to be stuck on a roundabout never knowing where the exit was. It was heavily possession based, safe possession, going nowhere.

Its time to get over Levein, he cant be Stendels excuse, Stendel needs to succeed, the mess he has inherited includes riches far beyond any team around us. He has the tools alright.

Riches? He had to get rid of players to sign anyone, and do all the work of signing players himself it seems.

If we are relegated the mess he inherited will surely count in his favour? How many windows did the Levein apologists say he needed? Injuries are still causing problems, another reason given for Leveins failings. 

Looks like I’m still waiting on an answer to what tactics and formation suits this inept squad assembled at some cost, that has us heading for the Championship. He certainly has tools at his disposal, injury/error prone tactically inept chicken hearted snow flake ones.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Riches? He had to get rid of players to sign anyone, and do all the work of signing players himself it seems.

If we are relegated the mess he inherited will surely count in his favour? How many windows did the Levein apologists say he needed? Injuries are still causing problems, another reason given for Leveins failings. 

Looks like I’m still waiting on an answer to what tactics and formation suits this inept squad assembled at some cost, that has us heading for the Championship. He certainly has tools at his disposal, injury/error prone tactically inept chicken hearted snow flake ones.

Give yourself an aneurysm there bud.

Walker Washington Meshino Naismith Boyce Ikpeazu. 

You think any bottom 6 side has got that depth. 

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey Garuccio White.

Problem is midfield. But we have far greater assets than our relegation rivals 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Depth?
Half of those players offer little to the cause. 

Every one you’ve mentioned has missed games for various reasons if Boyce misses Friday.  

One of them is our top goal scorer but isn’t as useful doing his own job.

Midfield is a big problem,Stendels fault no doubt?

We are bottom of the league, they haven’t contributed as much as they should.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He's defo not Hibs. 

Agreed, He's just one of those free-thinking contrarians who just happen to side against Hearts owners, managers and players on every single issue...

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I've always held the opinion that a new manager has to piss with the cock he has (so to speak) until he gets his own players in, often that can take 3 transfer windows.

What Stendel has done is come in with his football philosophy and tried to get the current crop to play his way, he got some signings in to help and in Boyce and Sibbick he's got two players I'd class as his types of player the rest look stop gaps and wont be here long. There have been positive signs that his philosophy will work given time, but the big problem is; we don't have time.

What I'd like to see him do is look at the likes Hamilton, Killie, St Johnstone's approach to our games a learn and adapt from that just until the end of the season. He's not abandoning his principles just changing them to suit the circumstances. I'm almost of the mind to forget the games up to the winter break as he was struck with a ridiculous amount of games in a very short period, and if anything was his opportunity to learn about the players and the Scottish game. However since then he's had plenty time to find a winning formula.

For whatever reason the balance is all wrong, that could be players ability, not understanding the system, too many offensive minded players, unfit players whatever the reason he needs to address the glaringly obvious problem of conceding goals. We're capable of scoring which is a vast improvement on the first half of the season (and most of last season) but having to score 3 goals minimum a game is far to big an ask.

I know this might sound ridiculous but I have a feeling we may fare a lot better against the top 6 teams (Celtic away aside) as they will open up against us and we can most certainly exploit gaps. I don't see Hibs Motherwell Rangers for example trying to sit in and hit on the break, they attack and won't change to play us if they do it might work in our favour. Aberdeen will be a draw and I think Ross County look vulnerable at the moment. Livi we'd be as well giving the points and save us the pain as they're set up to beat us.

I like the man Stendel, he brings a positive yet ruthless attitude to the club, but to be a good manager you have to adapt. If we continue without changes we will go down there is no doubt about it. The players confidence is low and simple passes are looking increasingly more difficult for them, Stendel has to give them an option - its ok to punt it every once in a while to give the defence a break for example. When we press we all press and when we need to sit in we do so. Teams expect us to take them game to them, maybe we need to invite them out a bit and try our own counter attacking game, knock there game plan off course for once.

Walker Washington Naismith & Boyce that's quality that no team anywhere near us has so we need to find a way to utilise that quality without giving goals away for free, its time to become hard to beat not time for harlem globetrotter style football - we can have a bit of that next season if we stay up!

Good post 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depth?
Half of those players offer little to the cause. 

Every one you’ve mentioned has missed games for various reasons if Boyce misses Friday.  

One of them is our top goal scorer but isn’t as useful doing his own job.

Midfield is a big problem,Stendels fault no doubt?

We are bottom of the league, they haven’t contributed as much as they should.

You think every player should be fit for every game?

Who blamed Stendel for midfield?

Do you think our competitors have better options? Would you rather have St Mirren, Hamilton or Hearts squad?

Don't be making assumptions or putting words in peoples mouth to suit your seethe buddy. I'll call you out every time.

3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Of course there is a dressing room split. Levein's old cronies have quite rightly been told there is no future for them at Hearts. These players will be moaning their heads off instead of working hard at training.  I’m amazed that anybody would even consider bringing Levein back. He should be booted out the door now.

People have to realise that between now and the end of the season, Stendel is the only show in town and everyone should get behind him and the club, regardless of any doubts they have. 

I've seen this kind of post quite a lot. Why is it so important to back the manager because he is "the only game in town", but also fine for these same posters to absolutely slate the players? We aren't about to get new players. If it is so important to have harmony from the fans as part of the push to avoid relegation, that should surely rule out criticising both manager and players.

bigsuperslim1874
35 minutes ago, Barack said:

Didn't seem much wrong with team spirit going on the latest Instagram stories.

What stories are they (don’t have instagram)?

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You think every player should be fit for every game?

Who blamed Stendel for midfield?

Do you think our competitors have better options? Would you rather have St Mirren, Hamilton or Hearts squad?

Don't be making assumptions or putting words in peoples mouth to suit your seethe buddy. I'll call you out every time.

Its time to get over Levein, he cant be Stendels excuse, Stendel needs to succeed, the mess he has inherited includes riches far beyond any team around us. He has the tools alright” your words not mine. We’re not good enough in midfield,that’s not Stendels fault. Which is it? Move on or blame Levein for the poor midfield options?

Unlike others I realise that no team in modern football ever has everyone fit and available, I was highlighting it being used as an excuse for Levein  but not taken into account for Stendel, by Levein apologists.

I wouldn’t want their squads, maybe cherry pick some players but regardless they’ve got more out of the cheaper players than we have. Stendel is only partly at fault so far for that.

Once again what formation and tactics suit our  expensively squad? 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

We have one asset missing that the two other sides we are competing with have in abundance, and that is the wherewithall to produce results when it matters. Both Hamilton and St Mirren are used to battling it out every season towards the bottom of the league. That is something we not only have to match but better. At any football club winning football games should be the expectation, there is no reason for competing if the desire isn't there to win. But we have operated for too long now where trying not to lose was deemed multi times more important than focusing on actually winning.

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

And you know this how?

Have you not got better things to do than insinuate pathetic “Hibs”shite? Grow up.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

We have one asset missing that the two other sides we are competing with have in abundance, and that is the wherewithall to produce results when it matters. Both Hamilton and St Mirren are used to battling it out every season towards the bottom of the league. That is something we not only have to match but better. At any football club winning football games should be the expectation, there is no reason for competing if the desire isn't there to win. But we have operated for too long now where trying not to lose was deemed multi times more important than focusing on actually winning.

Stendels biggest job is purging them of this negativity, he won’t manage to do it with all of them and they will need to go no matter what happens.

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Well said.
And still there's posters on here spending  days beating their gums about how CL would be a better bet to get us out of the mess he left the club in. 

Hopefully the players now understand what's at stake - for them. 

7 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

What stories are they (don’t have instagram)?

PicS of training of a game where looks like circle of players around 1 guy who is jumping around in a circle playing tag game. LotA of laughs and smiles anyway

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Klopp doing what any right-minded person would do and refusing to answer any questions from S*n journalist at press conference.

Hope it catches on !

Liverpool banned the s*n from press conferences years ago. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Well said.
And still there's posters on here spending  days beating their gums about how CL would be a better bet to get us out of the mess he left the club in. 

Hopefully the players now understand what's at stake - for them. 

It’s like a bereavement to them they’re heartbroken and can’t come to terms with his demise.

4 hours ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

You'd think the Sun would have mentioned that if they had this inside source woukdnt you as that hadn't been posted elsewhere? That to me rings true, it would be in keeping with Daniel's we do things as a team but obviously is annoying if you live right near Celtic's ground!!

Edited by Redhelen

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s like a bereavement to them they’re heartbroken and can’t come to terms with his demise.

Maybe we could have a "Craig Levein garden of remembrance - not gone but forgotten, by most" .  They could lay flowers and meet like minded people instead of  posting their endless whining on here. 

8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

There's to much positivity around the squad.

Daniels own words.

Think he meant apathy / complacency. Expectation that everything will somehow work out fine.

Edited by JimCornette

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

There's to much positivity around the squad.

Daniels own words.

Shame that there’s not a bit more on here. 🤔

Just now, davemclaren said:

Shame that there’s not a bit more on here. 🤔

Agreed.

I blame admin on here and Craig Levein.

9 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Maybe we could have a "Craig Levein garden of remembrance - not gone but forgotten, by most" .  They could lay flowers and meet like minded people instead of  posting their endless whining on here. 

Levein could even be paid to water the flowers and put a defensive cage around them.  Win win.