Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

24 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Court case June June 1st I think.

I hope if he (Barton) is convicted Stendel wins a large amount for damages... I remember reading at the time his face was quite badly hurt ..

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That’ll get the Record interested too. They love glorifying depraved murderous scumbags.

Yes they do. It's quite depressing.

I suppose they're just catering to their audience.

Making horrible, sociopathic *******s out to be some kind of anti-heroes from a shan Guy Richie film.

Gives folk something to aspire to.

Does my nut in.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Yes they do. It's quite depressing.

I suppose they're just catering to their audience.

Making horrible, sociopathic *******s out to be some kind of anti-heroes from a shan Guy Richie film.

Gives folk something to aspire to.

Does my nut in.

In our new explosive six part series, we reveal the truth of Greenock’s heroin trade, and the hard men who run. 

Nah, yer alright mate. Can’t really say I give a toss.

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I hope if he (Barton) is convicted Stendel wins a large amount for damages... I remember reading at the time his face was quite badly hurt ..

Damaged his teeth and there was definitely blood because 2 of our players tweeted after it happened,  but then deleted the tweets once the police were involved.

12 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

This isnt a battle between players and the manager , this is a fishing exercise by the sun to try and add sauce to the unsourced rumour it published .

Us going down is a massive story for them ,hamilton or the midden isnt ,they will try to engineer such a situation ,its shat the tabloid arseholes do .Its a blatant attempt to turn us all against each other .

So until I see hard fact not gossip to show different I will stand with the club ,the manager and the players and against the sun .

In fact the club should revoke the suns privileges especially for the cup game .

yesss! It’s a conspiracy!! 

Infamy infamy they’ve all got it infamy 🤯🤪

Seymour M Hersh
44 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Equally amazed to see you blindly defending the club, which you’ll continue to do until relegation occurs (and probably afterwards too).

People asked why we don’t ban the Sun - probably because there are elements of truth to this story and the club are wary of being called out.

Where exactly am I "blindly defending the club"?  Try to keep your fantasist tendencies under control for goodness sake. 

5 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

ToadKiller Dog
39 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

What are you wittering about ,standard tabloid tactics ,chase the rumour try to create a story ,

Push forward rumour as truth , its not a anti hearts thing ,its a big club in trouble story .

Same would happen to the sheep or hibs in our position.

As yet the rumours have no foundation but the story has generated clicks onto the sun page ,creating them money . Its created more gossip .to the point players the club even our supposed record mole has said its shit ( creating of course clicks for the daily record page)

It's about how tabloids operate they do the same when chasing celebrities or politicians .

Best way to deal with it win games get out of the bottom of the league .

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

In our new explosive six part series, we reveal the truth of Greenock’s heroin trade, and the hard men who run. 

Nah, yer alright mate. Can’t really say I give a toss.

Says the courier on the Birmingham run.

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Says the courier on the Birmingham run.

You're just pissed because you never made it in to their mini-series on Wester Hailles’ hardest men. Don’t sweat it though, if they do one on WH shortest men, you’ll be front cover news.

:verysmug:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Think Elwood P is getting a hard time to be honest. 

Outside of Edinburgh Stendel is not very highly rated,  less so than Levein I'd say. 

If you get out of the Hearts camp and talk to fans of other clubs,  they seem quite happy we have gone from one ridiculous extreme to the other whilst gaining even less points per game. 

Leveins time was clearly up in the summer for me,  personally I would have been happy if we had done something back then. 

The timing has been shit but quite frankly Stendel has done little to convince anyone other than those who are desperate for him to be a success for their own egos,  he's the answer. 

Mistakes just keep happening. Time is running out he says. 

Stendel roulette I've seen his team selection named, goes for his tactics too.

Some should swallow pride and admit this is not what they expected. 

There is still time for him but by this juncture,  with pretty much all of our better choices there,  we should have more wins on the board 

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You're just pissed because you never made it in to their mini-series on Wester Hailles’ hardest men. Don’t sweat it though, if they do one on WH shortest men, you’ll be front cover news.

Won’t take up much space if he does 👍🏻

Geoff Kilpatrick
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Outside of Edinburgh Stendel is not very highly rated,  less so than Levein I'd say. 

If you get out of the Hearts camp and talk to fans of other clubs,  they seem quite happy we have gone from one ridiculous extreme to the other whilst gaining even less points per game. 

Leveins time was clearly up in the summer for me,  personally I would have been happy if we had done something back then. 

The timing has been shit but quite frankly Stendel has done little to convince anyone other than those who are desperate for him to be a success for their own egos,  he's the answer. 

There is still time for him but by this juncture,  with pretty much all of our better choices there,  we should have more wins on the board 

Perhaps because he suggested Levein should return? Just saying.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

What other fans think of Hearts - be that of the manager, players, stand, or the quality of tea we sell, is of no concern to me. To use that as any kind of argument is frankly ludicrous.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, jambo_74 said:

I understand that, in fact, I alluded to the problems continuing using the current system. However, we adopted an extremely cautious approach under Levein. Do you think we need to meet somewhere in the middle between Levein and Stendel, at least in the interim?

That person is John Robertson. Has the love of Hearts and knowledge of the club and Scottish football of Levein and the likeable personality and more attacking philosophy of Stendel (although not as attacking obviously, I don't think I've ever seen a manager neglect the defensive side of the game the way he has, certainly not a Hearts manager.)

Bridge of Djoum
17 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Never thought I’d say this but I’m far more inclined to believe the Sun’s story than I am the club rebuttal of it.

:rofl:

You're willing to believe anyone or anything that has a go at the club.

A Hearts man you are not.

The Sun has a long history of absolute lies, we all know this. To believe them over something you claim to love and support is laughable. 

48 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

The Sun has a long history of absolute lies, we all know this.

Absolutely. Possibly the worst being blaming Liverpool supporters for their deaths because the Sun said they were drunk. A complete and utter fabrication that caused untold additional misery for bereaving families.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
53 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:rofl:

You're willing to believe anyone or anything that has a go at the club.

A Hearts man you are not.

The Sun has a long history of absolute lies, we all know this. To believe them over something you claim to love and support is laughable. 

Bollocks mate

12 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’m not necessarily arguing for Craig Levein now, more than we need a change of system under Stendel or change manager (again). 

Is nobody concerned that we were a point or so behind Hibs, we’re still at the foot of the table, whilst Hibs are looking up at 3rd as a realistic target? Nothing separated the two teams, we had just won the Edinburgh Derby. They now sit 17 points above us!

I was kindly reminded that there was 1 point between the teams when we sacked Levein and they sacked Heckinbottom.  The fact that they are 17 points ahead of us now after 3 months (and the fact they are garbage) is a complete and utter piss-take/unforgivable IMO. 

17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Bollocks mate

The facts show the opposite. The Sun has a long history of fabricating stories. A bit like a good few moaners on here.

Hearts players and fans need to come together as we are in a relegation dogfight.    If we can get to the split on the same points on par with Hamilton and St Mirren the games after the split will be bouncing. Team talk for Friday is straight forward - these scumbags lay down in 1986 and we need to go out and blow them off the park. Sun are a bunch of Wegie scumbags who are mischief making. Any player or fan not up for the fight or getting behind the team for the rest of the games can sit at home and twiddle their thumbs 

jack D and coke
29 minutes ago, Uche said:

Seriously worrying that we have a dressing room divide between management and players.

We don’t. 

21 minutes ago, Uche said:

I was kindly reminded that there was 1 point between the teams when we sacked Levein and they sacked Heckinbottom.  The fact that they are 17 points ahead of us now after 3 months (and the fact they are garbage) is a complete and utter piss-take/unforgivable IMO. 

Stop worrying about Hibs👍🏼

44 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Absolutely. Possibly the worst being blaming Liverpool supporters for their deaths because the Sun said they were drunk. A complete and utter fabrication that caused untold additional misery for bereaving families.

Did they not claim some of them picked the pockets of the victims? Whatever someone’s football affiliations, I don’t understand people continuing to give money to that publication.

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What other fans think of Hearts - be that of the manager, players, stand, or the quality of tea we sell, is of no concern to me. To use that as any kind of argument is frankly ludicrous.

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well now @Redhelen is more of a Hearts supporter than you!

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Disco will have you  'disappeared' .

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He does that himself every time he takes too long to pass a grit box. 😄

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s pretty much exactly what you said though.

What I said was I believe there is some substance to this story.

Anyone who thinks our dressing room is sweetness and light knows nothing about football. Although that would cover a fair number of people on here.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

He does that himself every time he takes too long to pass a grit box. 😄

:lol:

Is that why he's only a bit disco instead of the full thing?

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:lol:

Is that why he's only a bit disco instead of the full thing?

Well he’s definitely “not the full thing”, that’s for sure.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What I said was I believe there is some substance to this story.

Anyone who thinks our dressing room is sweetness and light knows nothing about football. Although that would cover a fair number of people on here.

Neither it should be. The story though, is in the main, shite. 

9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

This!

9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Great post Sir Gio. Summed the situation up quite precisely. It’s worrying times. The other two/three clubs at the bottom have managers with skin in the game and are desperate to stay up. Our hasn’t been around long enough to      be fully invested in our future. He could walk away in May with no real impact on his career. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

This!

There’s two of you now👍🏼 Gio wasn’t very enthusiastic at the beginning either I recall. 
I appreciate we’ve taken a risk but I’m glad we have. The only mistake so far is not running levein out of Tynecastle with a sharp instrument. You pair want another Craig Levein or Stuart McCall or Neil McCann well I’m sorry but balls to that. I’ve had enough of that same same crap that has gotten us next to nowhere in my entire 30 odd years following this club. 
Im on the Stendel train for better or worse. We go down they so be it. We can get in one of your favoured god awful journeymen managers in after that. 

Couldn’t it be that people aren’t just ‘desperate for him to be a success for their own egos’ @Sir Gio

perhaps a minority are. But most will be desperate for him to succeed because we’re hearts fans and are desperate to claw ourselves out of relegation.

the sun is and always has been crammed with sensationalist guff

taking an ‘article ‘ like this at face value especially when there’s no source, no quotes is plain naive 

I laughed when I read the ‘heated exchange ‘ bit about Clare and changing shape in the first half - he had to - we were two down after about 15 minutes ffs! Sensationalist crap

I’d expect some disgruntlement in a dressing room when we’re bottom of the league. What matters is channelling that in a way that helps not hinders us.  Fingers crossed stendel can help the team do that 

...a bit disco
24 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Indeed Gov.

He's been treading a fine line of late, that one.