Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Contracted until next year.

:muggy:

Aye gave him an extension. Some say out of sympathy. 
There’s no words either way for that new deal for a piece of wood who’s struggle to get a game for anyone above junior level. 

Edited by jack D and coke

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, Paolo said:

To be honest, though we often doubt the EEN on here too, calling it a Hobo rag.  We often doubt BA too.  

The club is also unlikely to admit the story.    

I rather suspect their is an element of truth in it, but the players have been shit and underperforming long before Stendel was on the scene, so they don’t have any sympathy for me.   

We need points, and fast, or we are down. 

Totally agree with you about the players don't deserve sympathy because they've been brutal for last 18 months 

20 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Wasn’t referencing your posts, sorry. I Just replied as I thought your post to Dave was in direct reference to what I had said 

Lying journalists out to cause us shit is the last thing we need at the moment. We should all treat it with the contempt it deserves 

No worries. Wasn't directly referencing you.

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Unfortunately unhappy players do leak things to their buddies in the press, in an effort to get their way.  

Results have not improved, but I still back Stendel over the shower of shite that are supposed to be professional footballers. 

Definitely. 

I'm nowhere near convinced by Stendel but changing the manager now would more than likely end in more disaster. 

Agree about the players though. They are still not giving enough to this football club and it needs to change. Fast. 

32 minutes ago, RS86 said:

This place changes like the tide though, a win on Fri and we will have a bunch of threads praising the manager and various players and the atmosphere will be more positive until we lose again

The supporters just need to ignore the media and get behind the players and Stendel which tbf most of us have done. Still, there's a few on here that are desperate for Stendel to fail because they either didn't want rid off Levein or wanted someone else. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

there's a few on here that are desperate for Stendel to fail because they either didn't want rid off Levein or wanted someone else. 

I don't think that is the case at all. I doubt anyone is desperate for him to fail, certainly not any Hearts supporters anyway.

All roads lead to Gorgie

What I would give for some stability and harmony at the club right now. We thought we had it three years ago but that was a false hope. You would probably have to go back to Mercer's time to find a club at peace with itself!

Too many prima donas at the club to work our way out of this mess it seems although it should be relatively easy given the players individual talents! 

Get behind your manager ffs!

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Zero quotes from the club in either article.

Hopefully they'll have something to say on it before the day is out. We really need everyone pulling in the same direction though so fingers crossed this us over exaggerated shite.

9 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Definitely. 

I'm nowhere near convinced by Stendel but changing the manager now would more than likely end in more disaster. 

Agree about the players though. They are still not giving enough to this football club and it needs to change. Fast. 

The gave their all v Hamilton. Nonsense to say otherwise. I continue to support Stendal in public but privately feel he is yet another poor appointment. 

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, o1djambo said:

The gave their all v Hamilton. Nonsense to say otherwise. I continue to support Stendal in public but privately feel he is yet another poor appointment. 

Not in the first 20 minutes they didn't. 

This is a mirror image of what happened at Killie earlier in the season when Alessio came in and an almost identical story appeared in the rags. Their are a few certainties here, firstly you are due to play one of the arse cheeks and their media influence is in full flow. Secondly the rags just love any chance to batter a non OF foreign coach.

In our case there were some players obviously not happy with training methods and communication was definitely an issue although Stendel appears to have a far better grasp of English than Alessio. It was clear at Killie that all was not right however we were still getting some decent results although it got worse as his time went on, your need to turn things round is much more urgent.

Ultimately it appears that senior players were not happy with AA and one of them went to the press, I fancy something similar may have happened at Hearts. That's not a healthy situation to have and I hope for you guys that's not the case and the rags are just up to their usual sh** stirring.

ToadKiller Dog

Hmm daily record insider saying no split and the players behind the manager fully total opposite of the sun.

We are being caught in a media game .

Back the club ,back the manager and the players .

Dont let us get divided .

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I wish Budge and Co were more threatening towards the media rather than just sitting their taking their lies. 

Some idiot fans on here are obviously wanting it to be true, because it suits their pro Levein, anti Stendel agenda. Some have turned on the players. That article has had the desired affect. 

It's interesting that since Stendel has had a couple of bad results after the Rangers game that some prominent Levein defenders have returned/become more vocal again.

But yes, the article has had the effect the press wanted sadly.

The only way we can put this to bed is start winning . 

Pressure must be starting to mount and a defeat at Easter Road always magnifies things . 

So far the fans have been absolutely superb in backing Stendel especially at Tynecastle. 

He needs to repay the faith by winning games , that's all we want, 

Read this article earlier.

IF it is true, then I’d be absolutely raging. These players didn’t play for Levein, they didn’t play for MacPhee, and now they aren’t playing for Stendel.

Three very different characters and personalities, and three very different ideas on how the game should be played.

But there is one constant. The players themselves.

Now the article might not be true, but if it is then we need to back the manager and get rid of the whole lot of the players in the summer. Sick of this squad underperforming for over a year now despite being paid very handsomely. Time for the club to take the power back from the dressing room.

Hope to God it isn’t true, that the players start performing, and we drag ourselves to safety. Then we can rebuild in the summer and put together a talented and balanced squad for a change.

Edited by amadjambo

Ex member of the SaS

I did post a suggestion there was SOME dissent in the dressing room, However I meant minor disagreements and players having a go at each other. ( I would expect nothing less ) NOT full scale war as is being suggested in this rag. Players will always have discussions about who did what right or wrong, but as for all out break up I doubt it. As some have said we play the Hun soon and these stories come out every time they are struggling

13 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Can imagine Uche being the one referred to in the second part

Which is laughable if true.

He should consider himself incredibly lucky that he’s even given 10 mins on the pitch to witness him falling on his arse most of the time.

8 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

IF it is true, then I’d be absolutely raging. These players didn’t play for Levein, they didn’t play for MacPhee, and now they aren’t playing for Stendel.

Three very different characters and personalities, and three very different ideas on how the game should be played.

Now the article might not be true, but if it is then we need to back the manager and get rid of the whole lot of the players in the summer. Sick of this squad underperforming for over a year now despite being paid very handsomely. Time for the club to take the power back from the dressing room.

Hope to God it isn’t true, that the players start performing, and we drag ourselves to safety. Then we can rebuild in the summer and put together a talented and balanced squad for a change.

All caused by poor managers

Ex member of the SaS
9 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I would suggest there are two constants and the other is Levein. I strongly believe that until he's gone there will always be a hint of disruption.

17 minutes ago, killiehippo said:

This is a mirror image of what happened at Killie earlier in the season when Alessio came in and an almost identical story appeared in the rags. Their are a few certainties here, firstly you are due to play one of the arse cheeks and their media influence is in full flow. Secondly the rags just love any chance to batter a non OF foreign coach.

In our case there were some players obviously not happy with training methods and communication was definitely an issue although Stendel appears to have a far better grasp of English than Alessio. It was clear at Killie that all was not right however we were still getting some decent results although it got worse as his time went on, your need to turn things round is much more urgent.

Ultimately it appears that senior players were not happy with AA and one of them went to the press, I fancy something similar may have happened at Hearts. That's not a healthy situation to have and I hope for you guys that's not the case and the rags are just up to their usual sh** stirring.

Killie have gone up the league with the change of manager.?. 

18 minutes ago, killiehippo said:

Just a quick one for you. I was out the country when AA was sacked. What was the general killer fan consensus about him. Yeah he had a bad run but I thought he was doing a not bad job considering the shoes he had to fill?

Gordon Ramsay
6 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Owing to the set up and team shape. 

Should have came out of the blocks flying but looked like they couldnt give a shit. 

Set up and shape wrong too but we were going through the motions until they went down to 10.

3 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Which is laughable if true.

He should consider himself incredibly lucky that he’s even given 10 mins on the pitch to witness him falling on his arse most of the time.

I've lost patience with Uche. That performance on Saturday was it for me. The odd good performance and the rest just totally ineffective shite. He causes a bit chaos when he comes on late in games but he shouldn't be starting again and I'm sure he'll get emptied in the summer regardless.

If he waas playing for Hibs, Aberdeen or Killie he'd have been sussed out and sold. 

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I would suggest there are two constants and the other is Levein. I strongly believe that until he's gone there will always be a hint of disruption.

Probably Levein who “leaked” it to the press.........:cornette:

2 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

That will be the same Sun that photoshopped Rudi gobbing at a Celtic player (Lennon?) 

I’ll not be clicking on the link or believing any of the shite that paper spouts. 
What I would like to see is Hearts taking a zero tolerance policy with the media. Made up shit stirring story and you’re banned from Tynecastle and a full page on the Hearts Social media outlets explaining why the journalist or media outlet is banned and the actual truth behind the non story. 

I remember that Lennon/Skacel incident very well. Lennon turns in the direction of Skacel probably to make a Brown-type remark towards him but Skacel spat onto the ground about 5 or 6 yards behind him. I know this because it was directly in front of me in the Wheatfield and the picture that caught the incident was from behind the goals at the away end making it look like Skacel was right beside Lennon when he did it. Shame no-one has ever taken Scott Brown out long-term, gets away with murder and has done throughout his career. Mind you, when you see where he came from at the other end of Edinburgh it's not a surprise to anyone. Derek Riordan or Gary O'Connor anyone? I could name dozens more. (oops, that's a familiar tune!)

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

The club should fully focus on getting out the shite it finds itself in and just ignore the paper. 

They are slightly related tbf, these sorts of rumours can be dangerous.

25 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's interesting that since Stendel has had a couple of bad results after the Rangers game that some prominent Levein defenders have returned/become more vocal again.

But yes, the article has had the effect the press wanted sadly.

Interesting and predictable. 

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve said on here many times that my contact, Brandon, has said the players love Stendels approach and love being “coached”. That hasn’t changed. I suspect this story has come from Uche which is disappointing but not unexpected as he is very close to Levein. He last 45 minutes and was subbed off, which he wasn’t happy about. I’ve heard from Mikey Smith that he enjoys the training and we’ve read from loads of players about them enjoying the training. A total non story attempting to shine a bad light on a foreign coach. Almost like the media think we should’ve given the job to Neil McCann, you know, the BBC pundit and friend of the media. 

This could end up being just what we want. If it is untrue the players have the best opportunity to show it is more false news from the rag that is the Scottish (Scottish right enough!!!) Sun....BEAT St Mirren on Friday night and show everyone that the Hearts are just fine!

2 hours ago, jambali said:

If they don't like it - there's the door...

He has been different to how he was before being made Captain. He would have a go at players when they did soemthing wrong and equally praise them for good aspects of their play.

However now he is slating players even when it is clearly his fault, hardly a way to get your team-mates backing you.

I have to say I think it was a bad move making him Captain (although I would not have argued against it before) but the added pressure seems to be getting to him and rubbing off on the rest of the team.

Some players can look like Captain material but when it comes to the crunch they don't have what it takes. I don't think Berra was a good Captain either as he was too quiet and rarely challenged the refs about decisions now Naismith is the polar opposite.

Maybe Michael Smith would be a better choice although I don't suppose that is going to happen now and it's easy for me to say in hindsight.

13 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Just a quick one for you. I was out the country when AA was sacked. What was the general killer fan consensus about him. Yeah he had a bad run but I thought he was doing a not bad job considering the shoes he had to fill?

There was a big split in opinion with Killie fans as many felt he didn't get enough time and should have had a couple more transfer windows to build his squad....I'm sure the same applies with Stendel. The flip side is that it wasn't a happy dressing room and a few senior players weren't happy with training, tactics, communication etc. It's never a healthy thing if players are dictating what happens and that IMHO is the biggest danger for Hearts. To be fair it didn't appear that players had stopped trying, more like they didn't seem to know what they were meant to be doing, that is maybe the same with you. Looking from a distance it seems you are scoring goals but leaking goals for fun so if he shores up the defence you should be fine.....good luck for the rest of the season.

17 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I did post a suggestion there was SOME dissent in the dressing room, However I meant minor disagreements and players having a go at each other. ( I would expect nothing less ) NOT full scale war as is being suggested in this rag. Players will always have discussions about who did what right or wrong, but as for all out break up I doubt it. As some have said we play the Hun soon and these stories come out every time they are struggling

It is quite normal for teams struggling at the bottom of the league to have their little arguments I would think.

Lets face it you have a large group of guys who may not all get on  and when things are not going well then it is easy to point the finger and this can cause friction but that happens at every club and is never mentioned most of the time especially when teams are winning.

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I've lost patience with Uche. That performance on Saturday was it for me. The odd good performance and the rest just totally ineffective shite. He causes a bit chaos when he comes on late in games but he shouldn't be starting again and I'm sure he'll get emptied in the summer regardless.

If he waas playing for Hibs, Aberdeen or Killie he'd have been sussed out and sold. 

I doubt very much that these clubs would ever have signed a player like him in the first place. I'm not saying they haven't signed some huddies in their time but not as many as CL has.

I can sort of see why Naismith was given the captaincy as he is vocal on the pitch and constantly in referees faces whinging about something or another. The difference between Naismith and Brown doing that is Naismith isn't a Celtic player. But when Berra lost the captaincy my automatic choice was Smith for it. He comes across quite quiet on the pitch but given the responsibility he'd be the type to take a player aside and have a word. He also seems to command respect from referees. It was a no-brainer for me, purely because no referee wants Naismith ringing in their ears every chance he gets. I find it difficult to believe that they would take him seriously.

I’d ban all newspapers from Tynie except the evening news as they’ve never had anything good to say about hearts anyway. And I’d release a statement to that effect.  I’d do the same with the bbc as they are the same. **** them

MR INCREDIBLE
14 hours ago, steve123 said:

You have got to laugh "dumped when they don't immediately deliver" oh the irony!!

Aye right!!!!! 

What about Mr Butt R Fingers in goal... We stuck with him for weeks. 

44 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Hmm daily record insider saying no split and the players behind the manager fully total opposite of the sun.

We are being caught in a media game .

Back the club ,back the manager and the players .

Dont let us get divided .

Saved me posting, well said.

What's this journalistic code of conduct we keep hearing about when it comes to Stewart and Traynor?

Just print any old shite and let it fly - i'd be banning the Sun from Tynie for a start off.

It should have been ten
7 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I’d ban all newspapers from Tynie except the evening news as they’ve never had anything good to say about hearts anyway. And I’d release a statement to that effect.  I’d do the same with the bbc as they are the same. **** them

:greatpost:

Can’t believe people even look at the garbage. Stendel had no problem communicating with people from Barnsley. I rest my case. If there is discontent it’s from chronic underperformers. They should take a long look in the mirror instead of running to the scum. 

Hearts have always been the media whipping boys, hibs their wee darlings. Time to release a statement advising the fans to stop buying their papers, stop listening to bbc sport. We don’t need them, And I don’t see how they don’t benefit us in any way

57 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Is this not a public forum that you have just given your private feelings on:phface:

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I doubt very much that these clubs would ever have signed a player like him in the first place. I'm not saying they haven't signed some huddies in their time but not as many as CL has.

It's certainly difficult to disagree with that.

3 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Can’t believe people even look at the garbage. Stendel had no problem communicating with people from Barnsley. I rest my case. If there is discontent it’s from chronic underperformers. They should take a long look in the mirror instead of running to the scum. 

Yep

Headline should have read

" Thick Hearts players unable to run and understand alternative tactics go crying to their Auntie Ann for a cuddle"

Francis Albert

If it is true its a pity the players concerned didn't revolt in the two years CL was running the team into the ground with disastrous recruitmemt and team set ups. 

And if it is true we should focus on the players who want to play for Hearts and Stendel.