Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. Naismith has looked disinterested a lot of the time since he came back from injury and has been nowhere near his best.

He looks deflated a lot of the time and his constant moaning doesn't help him or the other players.

I have also noted him looking to the bench when substitutions are made as if to say what am I supposed to do. Usually when subs come on they give an instruction to other players about what the Manager wants them to do but DS does not seem to do this.

Naismith seems to be getting very frustrated with this and it is affecting his game. I don't think he is buying into DS's plans and that is rubbing off in the other players.

Can't disagree with this.  Naismith has been pissing me off something chronic the past few weeks/months with how much of a miserable arse he's being on the pitch.  Constantly screaming and yelling at players, and generally looking negative about everything.  He needs to lighten up and show some encouragement, particularly to the younger players on the field.

No-one is going to do better when someone is screaming in your face, all whilst the person doing the screaming is being completely mince himself.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

3A6F2934-2AF9-41EA-93E1-B797C3861F2E.jpeg.06ad9255c6850325b340c57490bbcb3c.jpeg

Lol what would you expect him to do?? 1 down to Hamilton and ripping Clare then 2 down things needed changed!!!!

EXKLOOOOSIVE - DRAMTUK CHAINJEEEEZ

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Didn't The Sun have to come out and deny that Hibs.net poster Bajillions (now Gus Fring) was in fact their Scottish (Sports?) Editor, as was heavily rumoured c2013/4? Around about the time when they were still labouring under the assumption that they could help get us liquidated. I have a vague recollection of this.

The EEN at the time requested that JKB 'cease and desist' with the accusations over the identity of Vagillions.

Brick Tamland

That will be the same Sun that photoshopped Rudi gobbing at a Celtic player (Lennon?) 

I’ll not be clicking on the link or believing any of the shite that paper spouts. 
What I would like to see is Hearts taking a zero tolerance policy with the media. Made up shit stirring story and you’re banned from Tynecastle and a full page on the Hearts Social media outlets explaining why the journalist or media outlet is banned and the actual truth behind the non story. 

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

The EEN at the time requested that JKB 'cease and desist' with the accusations over the identity of Vagillions.

Ah, could have sworn it was the Sun too. Cheers.

...a bit disco
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Ah, could have sworn it was the Sun too. Cheers.

Here to help and inform the ill-educated.

:thumbsup:

Niemi’s gloves

An official denial of the Sun story would be fine if it’s kept very short. But anything like “the Directors have full confidence in Mr Stendel...” would be seriously worrying for DS if football tradition is anything to go by!

The players don’t know what they’re doing, they didn't know under Levein either because Levein himself didn’t know what he was doing but pulled the wool over peoples eyes every week, now the players might be hacked off cause Levein not being there really has them exposed. 

maybe 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by gordiegords

1. Who are we playing in the cup?

2. I'm seeing nothing on the pitch to tell me Stendel has lost the dressing room. We were two goals down on Saturday and went balls out to win.  We've shown plenty of fight, unfortunately when we've gone behind. If he'd lost it we wouldn't have

We are losing soft goals because we had a very poor keeper in goals and one centre back who thinks he's better than he is and one coming back from injury.

At the end of the day if the players who have put us in this position aren't happy then **** them. I don't think any player has been harshly treated. They've all had opportunities and not one of them dropped didn't deserve to be. If any and I mean ANY of the teenagers is unhappy then they can GTF and man up but I don't believe the story from what I've seen with my own eyes. There are one or two players, Garrucio, Bozanic who seem to resort to CL style backwards passing when we've conceded but we atre not, in my opinion playing like a team who don't back the manager. Falkirk and Saturday, in horrendous conditions there was no lack of fight.

Edited by Jamhammer

Well if there is a split good luck to them cause if we go down they won't be playing in front of home crowds like tynecastle at their new clubs, possibly 3 or 4 players exempt for that it covers pretty much the whole squad.

Edited by Mr 3 Putt

I hope the club now take steps and go after that journalist and hammer that shit rag of a paper on the basis that the article is utter Shite

Feckin defamation of character at the very least 

The sun should be banned from the club from now 

Called it bullshit the minute I read it 

All the post did was help fuel some of the proleveiners with their anti_stendel agendas - nothing else, 

It should have been ten
44 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Do your talking on the park not in the papers whether anonymously or not. Not read the article wont change my view these guys have underperformed regularly for two managers now.

100% this.

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

I hope the club now take steps and go after that journalist and hammer that shit rag of a paper on the basis that the article is utter Shite

All the post did was help fuel some of the proleveiners with their anti_stendel agendas - nothing else, 

To be fair, I didn’t think it’s just pro leveiners that have doubts about Stendel. 😎

...a bit disco

Doesn't help that there's some supposed ITKers on Twitter and the like stoking the flames of these 'stories'.  

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, I didn’t think it’s just pro leveiners that have doubts about Stendel. 😎

Agree.  I was 100% anti Levein and still am.  Baffles me how he is still there!!  I am also much more behind an attacking style of play.  However, i do not think Stendels decision to go to the exact opposite of what we have been doing for a number of years in the midst of a relegation disaster made any sense.  I feel he needed to find a balance of both styles until the end of the season and then make bigger changes in the summer. 

This could still be achieved by trying to be more simple. A 4-4-2 with Naismith and Boyce up front.  Naismith playing a little deeper to help midfield when out of possession.  Drop our defensive line a little deeper and play Smith at RB with Clare RM.  I think we would get enough points to get 11th or 10th. Hamilton have big injury problems.

6 minutes ago, Balernojambo said:

Agree.  I was 100% anti Levein and still am.  Baffles me how he is still there!!  I am also much more behind an attacking style of play.  However, i do not think Stendels decision to go to the exact opposite of what we have been doing for a number of years in the midst of a relegation disaster made any sense.  I feel he needed to find a balance of both styles until the end of the season and then make bigger changes in the summer. 

This could still be achieved by trying to be more simple. A 4-4-2 with Naismith and Boyce up front.  Naismith playing a little deeper to help midfield when out of possession.  Drop our defensive line a little deeper and play Smith at RB with Clare RM.  I think we would get enough points to get 11th or 10th. Hamilton have big injury problems.

We don't have the players for a flat 4-4-2.  We don't have two players comfortable playing wide of a 4 and we don't have the legs for 2 in the middle alone, certainly without Sibbick/Haring.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Of course it isn't. It's just very convenient for some to present it that way.

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

True and that’s fair enough. But if your telling me that the initial article that was posted didn’t get some posters mightily excited before they started wading in as the jury, then I’m not buying that either 

It’s fine for folk to have doubts. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. As long as it’s for the right reasons 

On the other hand if it’s because you have more interest in point scoring and being proved right at the expense of getting behind and actually supporting the club then that is just a total shocker 

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

I'm puzzled by the constant references to 'truly terrible players'/'worst squad in the clubs history' .

Who , exactly , are people referring to ?

I see a poor team which I find all the more frustrating because I think we have good players 

So what you are saying in effect is... the players are fine its the way they are being used and we need to rid ourselves of the management/coaching staff? No there are some terrible players out there on the pitch bought in by CL and on long contracts... who will be difficult to shift. You rate our goalies as well do you ? ... every one a F'n bomb scare!

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The best thing would be if Levein was left out of the conversation altogether. I keep seeing his name plastered all over this place by supporters of him and also the less so supportive of him. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I wish Budge and Co were more threatening towards the media rather than just sitting their taking their lies. 

Some idiot fans on here are obviously wanting it to be true, because it suits their pro Levein, anti Stendel agenda. Some have turned on the players. That article has had the desired affect. 

This place changes like the tide though, a win on Fri and we will have a bunch of threads praising the manager and various players and the atmosphere will be more positive until we lose again

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Convenient no. Have you read all the posts in the thread ?

Did you pick up that some posts in the thread were pretty conclusive in that the belief was that it actually happened ? 

On the basis of an article posted from the sun news paper ?

It would be good to get a bit of objectivity and at least wait until more evidence is provided rather than some accusations starting to flow through 

like I said before if this isn’t true then the club need to hammer that rag. Given where we are, the vultures are circling and that includes the press. It’s an obvious strategy

I’d like to see some official response from the club, vehemently denying and calling out what’s been printed.

We’ve been far too soft for too long.

Monkey nuts and bananas required plz.

:callme:

9 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

So what you are saying in effect is... the players are fine its the way they are being used and we need to rid ourselves of the management/coaching staff? No there are some terrible players out there on the pitch bought in by CL and on long contracts... who will be difficult to shift. You rate our goalies as well do you ? ... every one a F'n bomb scare!

The manager had the chance to address the goalkeeping situation in the winter window and didn’t.  It’s kind of a vital position for a team to get right while fighting relegation.  Levein can’t be blamed for that. 

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

I’d like to see some official response from the club, vehemently denying and calling out what’s been printed.

We’ve been far too soft for too long.

Monkey nuts and bananas required plz.

:callme:

The club should fully focus on getting out the shite it finds itself in and just ignore the paper. 

9 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

On the other hand if it’s because you have more interest in point scoring and being proved right at the expense of getting behind and actually supporting the club then that is just a total shocker 

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Convenient no. Have you read all the posts in the thread ?

Did you pick up that some posts in the thread were pretty conclusive in that the belief was that it actually happened ? 

On the basis of an article posted from the sun news paper ?

It would be good to get a bit of objectivity and at least wait until more evidence is provided rather than some accusations starting to flow through 

like I said before if this isn’t true then the club need to hammer that rag. Given where we are, the vultures are circling and that includes the press. It’s an obvious strategy

Skimmed many of the replies tbf, so maybe I have missed a few. If anything, the article has had the opposite effect on me, as i think my replies demonstrate. Although I am assuming you weren't meaning my responces anyway.

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The manager had the chance to address the goalkeeping situation in the winter window and didn’t.  It’s kind of a vital position for a team to get right while fighting relegation.  Levein can’t be blamed for that. 

But he could be blamed for wasting the goalkeeping budget on 3 other huddies that play the same position 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The club should fully focus on getting out the shite it finds itself in and just ignore the paper. 

If lies are being put to print they should say so.

A scum rag, created and read by scum.

jack D and coke
45 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Gave one particular poster a real stauner. 

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Skimmed many of the replies tbf, so maybe I have missed a few. If anything, the article has had the opposite effect on me, as i think my replies demonstrate. Although I am assuming you weren't meaning my responces anyway.

Wasn’t referencing your posts, sorry. I Just replied as I thought your post to Dave was in direct reference to what I had said 

Lying journalists out to cause us shit is the last thing we need at the moment. We should all treat it with the contempt it deserves 

Nicholas Brody
9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

1 in, 1 out.

We have three goalkeepers currently and were not getting a fourth. Colin Doyle was told to find a new club but couldn't.

2 hours ago, Kenbo said:

Shit stirring story - if only the players actually gave a shit enough to be pissed off about not playing or tactics! Bar Clare, Smith, Boyce and Naismith (on his day) the rest can GTF. I would rather have Stendel than any one of them. People need to realise this toxic atmosphere has been building for a hell of a long time. And as much as I love her, Budge is not fixing things by letting Levein hang around behind the scenes. They all should have been emptied completely the day she finally decided to relieve him of his duties. IF we go down, I only hope we can keep hold of DS and give him the chance to actually build HIS team. If we can't then we will be destined have some bargain basement "typical Scottish" manager who will only lead us to further mediocracy! The next few weeks are going to be crucial not only to our league survival, but also the standard of team we are for the foreseeable future I fear. 

I agree with every word. Ann Budge worked long and hard to get Stendel in. She must back the manager even if relegation happens. I've witnessed it so often, particularly at my own club, a poisonous squad seeing off manager after manager. If players are allowed to think they rule the roost then they will. 

1 minute ago, ROKERITE said:

I agree with every word. Ann Budge worked long and hard to get Stendel in. She must back the manager even if relegation happens. I've witnessed it so often, particularly at my own club, a poisonous squad seeing off manager after manager. If players are allowed to think they rule the roost then they will. 

Divide and conquer. All it is. 👍

27 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Barry Amderson saying hearts denying story so looks like the sun making up stories again 

To be honest, though we often doubt the EEN on here too, calling it a Hobo rag.  We often doubt BA too.  

The club is also unlikely to admit the story.    

I rather suspect their is an element of truth in it, but the players have been shit and underperforming long before Stendel was on the scene, so they don’t have any sympathy for me.   

We need points, and fast, or we are down. 

Edited by Paolo

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

1 in, 1 out.

We have three goalkeepers currently and were not getting a fourth. Colin Doyle was told to find a new club but couldn't.

Neither ****ing wonder. An absolute huddy. 

Nicholas Brody
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Neither ****ing wonder. An absolute huddy. 

Contracted until next year.

:muggy:

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I wish Budge and Co were more threatening towards the media rather than just sitting their taking their lies. 

Some idiot fans on here are obviously wanting it to be true, because it suits their pro Levein, anti Stendel agenda. Some have turned on the players. That article has had the desired affect. 

Gordon Ramsay
7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

To be honest, though we often doubt the EEN on here too, calling it a Hobo rag.  We often doubt BA too.  

The club is also unlikely to admit the story.    

I rather suspect their is an element of truth in it, but the players have been shit and underperforming long before Stendel was on the scene, so they don’t have any sympathy for me.   

We need points, and fast, or we are down. 

I suspect there is definitely some truth to it. 

Last thing the club is going to do is verify a story like that given the mess we're in. 

Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

I suspect there is definitely some truth to it. 

Last thing the club is going to do is verify a story like that given the mess we're in. 

Unfortunately unhappy players do leak things to their buddies in the press, in an effort to get their way.  

Results have not improved, but I still back Stendel over the shower of shite that are supposed to be professional footballers.