Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

Didn't The Sun have to come out and deny that Hibs.net poster Bajillions (now Gus Fring) was in fact their Scottish (Sports?) Editor, as was heavily rumoured c2013/4? Around about the time when they were still labouring under the assumption that they could help get us liquidated. I have a vague recollection of this.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sun online running an article that half the players are fed up with Stendels man management and communication skills.

"It is understood some players struggle to make sense of Stendel’s instructions on how he wants them to play.

Others are bitter over being dumped when they don’t immediately deliver."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5293264/hearts-stendel-battle-win-over-players/

Yes I know it's the Sun...

It reminds of the Kings of Leon song The Bucket.  Their passion/careers have kicked it.

If it's true anyway.  Like some others posted it's another distraction for Rangers.

Shit stirring story - if only the players actually gave a shit enough to be pissed off about not playing or tactics! Bar Clare, Smith, Boyce and Naismith (on his day) the rest can GTF. I would rather have Stendel than any one of them. People need to realise this toxic atmosphere has been building for a hell of a long time. And as much as I love her, Budge is not fixing things by letting Levein hang around behind the scenes. They all should have been emptied completely the day she finally decided to relieve him of his duties. IF we go down, I only hope we can keep hold of DS and give him the chance to actually build HIS team. If we can't then we will be destined have some bargain basement "typical Scottish" manager who will only lead us to further mediocracy! The next few weeks are going to be crucial not only to our league survival, but also the standard of team we are for the foreseeable future I fear. 

22 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

It is funny that none of this sort of crap came out when CL was "managing" the team... of course back then these players were allowed to be totally shite for ninety minutes and still get to play again the next weekend. The truth of the matter is there are some truly terrible players at Hearts just now and they were all signed by Levein ... there is the common denominator. It is just a case of shite players signed by a shite manager  moaning that they are being told they are shite by the new manager.... while all the time the old manager is still on the premises, you could not make that up really only at Hearts under AB could that happen. 

I'm puzzled by the constant references to 'truly terrible players'/'worst squad in the clubs history' .

Who , exactly , are people referring to ?

I see a poor team which I find all the more frustrating because I think we have good players 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Kenbo said:

Shit stirring story - if only the players actually gave a shit enough to be pissed off about not playing or tactics! Bar Clare, Smith, Boyce and Naismith (on his day) the rest can GTF. I would rather have Stendel than any one of them. People need to realise this toxic atmosphere has been building for a hell of a long time. And as much as I love her, Budge is not fixing things by letting Levein hang around behind the scenes. They all should have been emptied completely the day she finally decided to relieve him of his duties. IF we go down, I only hope we can keep hold of DS and give him the chance to actually build HIS team. If we can't then we will be destined have some bargain basement "typical Scottish" manager who will only lead us to further mediocracy! The next few weeks are going to be crucial not only to our league survival, but also the standard of team we are for the foreseeable future I fear. 

Exactly how I feel mate. Levein should be removed forthwith. Get the **** out you leeching *****. 

allanwilson1970

There is no split. 100 percent of the players are revolting against Stendel. After listening to him for months and tolerating him sacrificing Berra etc to then seeing the caliber of shite he signed that was a major alarm bell, how he treated McDonald against Celtic was another and I am told the final straw was the tactics before during and after the Hamilton game. 

This can be easily proven or not, ask Budge directly if she has had a delegation of players meeting her to say they want him out and also if that delegation included a current coach. 

27 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

It is funny that none of this sort of crap came out when CL was "managing" the team... of course back then these players were allowed to be totally shite for ninety minutes and still get to play again the next weekend. The truth of the matter is there are some truly terrible players at Hearts just now and they were all signed by Levein ... there is the common denominator. It is just a case of shite players signed by a shite manager  moaning that they are being told they are shite by the new manager.... while all the time the old manager is still on the premises, you could not make that up really only at Hearts under AB could that happen. 

Wage thief w......s the majority......

If , as alleged by that scab rag , the players don’t understand what Herr  Stendel is asking them to do , they could always ask Dale Tonge or Andy Kirk what he wants as they seem to understand him okay ..

30 minutes ago, ross1992 said:

My thoughts exactly. The idea that these players are spitting the dummy out is infuriating. Their performances, their lack of bottle, guts and desire. 

For god sake we need to just stay up and empty half this lot over the summer. 

Maybe theres more than just a few  totally sick of it at hearts , and basically dont  give a f...k whether we go down or not ? Like I said total wage thiefs to a man ....

5 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

There is no split. 100 percent of the players are revolting against Stendel. After listening to him for months and tolerating him sacrificing Berra etc to then seeing the caliber of shite he signed that was a major alarm bell, how he treated McDonald against Celtic was another and I am told the final straw was the tactics before during and after the Hamilton game. 

This can be easily proven or not, ask Budge directly if she has had a delegation of players meeting her to say they want him out and also if that delegation included a current coach. 

So, a current coach would either be Fox or Kirk. Doubtful to be Kirk, likely to be be Fox, if your 'story' is true. 

He didn't 'sacrifice' Berra, Berra was finished. Everyone could see that. 

For the record, you're talking bollocks about player revolts. 

Edited by tokyowalnut

4 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

This is quite a statement.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You know that for sure re no compensation? Reduced terms more likely which will have an impact on negotiations. 

Standard practice is to have a break clause in the event of relegation where players can be released from their contracts. 

Is that 1st paragraph from the article ? I don’t read that rag so it’s a genuine question.

Nicholas Brody

Utter shite that will be proven so later.

7 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

100 percent of the players are revolting against Stendel.

Well I know for a cast iron fact, that is garbage.

Which in turn kinda throws the credibility of the rest of your post into question.

Just now, Whatever said:

Which in turn kinda throws the credibility of the rest of your post into question.

So do I. I’m slowly losing faith in DS but people making stuff up to discredit him is doing us no favours. 

24 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Didn't The Sun have to come out and deny that Hibs.net poster Bajillions (now Gus Fring) was in fact their Scottish (Sports?) Editor, as was heavily rumoured c2013/4? Around about the time when they were still labouring under the assumption that they could help get us liquidated. I have a vague recollection of this.

That was the Evening News.

Not surprised at this news under our lack of a win for long time. Our playing staff have disintegrated under continuous poor management. The results say it all. 

so the players cant understand whats being asked of them ? 

How, did the Barnsley players manage it ? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tabloids will always maximise the wow factor.

But you have to be blind, ignorant or burying your head in the sand not to realise there are major problems.

The players don't know what they are meant to be doing, only 2 games I have not seen were Ross County and Celtic since the break, the majority of games, there is finger pointing, wringing of heads and disputes on the pitch.

The concession of goals at the alarming rates tell their own story.

They have a whole week this week and then again the following week to sort it out.

They need to and quickly regardless of who your personal pet is, player or manager, this situation needs organization and leadership, not the chaos and disorder that continues to exist.

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

The club are bottom of the league. I’d be amazed if there wasn’t a split to be honest. 

Totally agree.  If there is not a split there is probably something wrong!! If we lose on Friday I could see it being over for Stendel.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, gorgieheart said:

so the players cant understand whats being asked of them ? 

How, did the Barnsley players manage it ? 

Well, they were bottom when he left them. One of my initial concerns about this appointment, having listened to some of his Barnsley interviews, they were incoherent.

However, I am not giving up on him at all. Playing Saturday, Wednesday and trying to fix things is not ideal. 

He has a chance these next 2 weeks to get a bit of order back in our play

We’ll see on Friday then. Players are notorious for downing tools if they want to put the manager in a bad light. 

Or, maybe they’ll still give a performance fearing the wrath of the support?  

I hope it’s neither.  I hope there’s contentment and they are liking what DS is doing with hiccups along the way being evident.  

But hopefully those hiccups aren’t down to unhappiness.  

Edited by Debut 4

I think Stendel’s tactics are aggressive and a little risky but the two biggest problems are 1) players making basic individual errors that are nothing more than technique related 2) players that have no common sense ability to read the game in certain situations.  

Clare has improved but he has been guilty numerous times of late of the latter at RB because he does not know how to play that position. Our CMs are the same and our CHs really have no idea whether they are coming or going plus bad technique. We all know about the GK situation and individual errors. 

Stendel is 30% to blame but still feel vast majority of blame lies with the players. 

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

3A6F2934-2AF9-41EA-93E1-B797C3861F2E.jpeg.06ad9255c6850325b340c57490bbcb3c.jpeg

Lol what would you expect him to do?? 1 down to Hamilton and ripping Clare then 2 down things needed changed!!!!

Clare was spewing(physically) all over the place.

Might it have been a change in position to take a bit of pressure  off him and give him less running to do?

You can make up anything to suit. I don't see lack of comms I see a manager dealing with an unexpected situation.

13 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Maybe theres more than just a few  totally sick of it at hearts , and basically dont  give a f...k whether we go down or not ? Like I said total wage thiefs to a man ....

We are in a rut so it's likely there will be a few grumblings. Add to that the fact that DS has come in and shaken things up then it makes sense. 

Most of these players appear to have been content with the utter dross we've been churning out on a weekly basis for more than a year now. Someone coming in and telling them where they've been failing and how pish they are? God forbid. 

If I was taking home a cheeky pay cheque for ***** performances I'd probably be flustered as well. 

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Agree with all of this, particularly the first paragraph. Massive mistake trying to build a team around him. 

I've thought this for a long while now. I could be wrong. I hope I am.

He seems to be able to do no wrong whilst screaming at his team-mates for making a mistake (or his interpretation of a mistake). When someone is in your face like that, it's very counterproductive. Demand high standards, but don't be a bully - which I worry he might be.

I've watched the way he talks to the other players and you can see them thinking 'WTF?!'.

I've worked with rockets and they can sour a workplace beyond words. Result: performance goes out the window and no-one looks forward to going into their work. Don't think it's any different for professional footballers.

3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Stendel probably criticizes them for not implementing what he's wanting and players probably respond by saying we're doing what you're asking and it isn't working, Wouldn't be surprised if a senior player has mentioned dressing-room discontent to the club hierarchy.

Pointed out in another thread that Stendel has called up 25 players in the last five five league games alone, with 24 getting on the pitch and only Damour not being used. That's an incredible turnover and means players are constantly in and out of his plans. It's  not only about who starts but also about who is on the bench and not.

Would imagine the inclusion of Langer and Avdijaj has also raised some hackles. 

Think you're right with this. Added to that, that footballers in general seem to moan a lot and are a bunch of gossips! I'm sure there are hated managers that are successful.and vice versa. And some that footballers dislike sometimes and like others. 

1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

The problem at Hearts is that the man who has done the most to drag the club down to where it is now is still within... even after being sacked. Levein should have been pitch forked out the F'n door but instead AB has allowed his odor to linger around the place.

If there is discord it is due to players still feeling the influence of that man within the club, in that they feel they have an ally within who may be able to change things for them.

AB has to bear the blame for the mess we are in right now she did not have the stomach to fire Levein immediately after the end of last season... a very grave error the results of which we are seeing right now. If we survive the season in the SPL it will be a miracle and she should be leaving the club immediately this season is over whatever happens! 

I doubt Levein is sitting in his office sticking pins in a Stendel doll. 

So there's been a (probably exaggerated) story.    There's been another story from a 'rival' source to the contrary.    Neither is worth placing all your eggs in one basket.     Why should either be believed to be completely accurate?     Even if the club refute the allegation,    well you would expect them to,   would you not?

The veracity of media stories is not the important thing.     The important thing is the prospect of our manager and players being able to get the job done.    The evidence suggests we're not really making progress towards that objective.

Disgruntled players continuing to fail.    Happy gang of happy, delighted, united players continuing to fail.    Same result.

The players can be as happy as they like.   They can enjoy as much training as they like.    If they still can't win games then their contentment is of no use to us.

1 hour ago, Coco said:

The Arsenal invincibles were all top class international players.  I bet the likes of Irving or Hickey would get more from Naismith or Boyce applauding an attempt at a through ball rather than being shouted at because they didn't play the pass to feet.

Spot on!

Do your talking on the park not in the papers whether anonymously or not. Not read the article wont change my view these guys have underperformed regularly for two managers now.

32 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Standard practice is to have a break clause in the event of relegation where players can be released from their contracts. 

We might find out soon enough. 

53 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Absolutely bang on mate. 

Couldn't have put it better myself JD(&)C .... 👊

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Commander #1:
We've analyzed their attack, sir, and there is a danger. Should I have your ship standing by?

Governor Tarkin:
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.

Don't remind me :(

I wish Budge and Co were more threatening towards the media rather than just sitting their taking their lies. 

Some idiot fans on here are obviously wanting it to be true, because it suits their pro Levein, anti Stendel agenda. Some have turned on the players. That article has had the desired affect. 

30 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Exactly.

Was almost as if it was written by a Sun journalist.

Top effort to him for the most cliches in a paragraph though

11 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I brought up Naismith’s constant whining at players a few days ago. He has been moaning like feck and you can see some of them letting it get their heads go down, with others basically giving him a GTF look.  The irony is Naismith has been really shite for the last 4 or 5 games.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. Naismith has looked disinterested a lot of the time since he came back from injury and has been nowhere near his best.

He looks deflated a lot of the time and his constant moaning doesn't help him or the other players.

I have also noted him looking to the bench when substitutions are made as if to say what am I supposed to do. Usually when subs come on they give an instruction to other players about what the Manager wants them to do but DS does not seem to do this.

Naismith seems to be getting very frustrated with this and it is affecting his game. I don't think he is buying into DS's plans and that is rubbing off in the other players.

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Don’t immediately deliver? 😂 honestly I’ve no idea how Stendel will pan out long term.. 

but I would gladly see every single player at the club emptied with the exception of about 2.. 

sick of the sight of most of them

This.  If any of this Sun story is true, 100% this.

TBH, though, Meshino seems to me the only one who can have a complaint.

Weakened Offender
17 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

I've thought this for a long while now. I could be wrong. I hope I am.

He seems to be able to do no wrong whilst screaming at his team-mates for making a mistake (or his interpretation of a mistake). When someone is in your face like that, it's very counterproductive. Demand high standards, but don't be a bully - which I worry he might be.

I've watched the way he talks to the other players and you can see them thinking 'WTF?!'.

I've worked with rockets and they can sour a workplace beyond words. Result: performance goes out the window and no-one looks forward to going into their work. Don't think it's any different for professional footballers.

Especially when you consider that he was the exact opposite of that last season when he was enjoying being here. 

Governor Tarkin
50 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

Top post, Kenbo.