Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Coco said:

For years under Levein and MacPhee the players were urged to take safety first options.  Negative football.  Maclean was signed because he couldn't run and this would help us hold on to one goal leads!

Changing that mentality is not easy.  It is much more difficult for a midfield player picking up the ball in broken play to make a forward pass.  It's lower percentage and higher risk than the easy ball sideways or backwards but with higher rewards.  Stendel has shipped out a lot of negative players like Whelan and Maclean.  The point someone made about Naismith hounding players for 'mistakes' is a good one.  We need risk takers and not to pillory mistakes if the Stendel system is to work.

However, there are things which I suspect that the players are rightly finding difficult.  The defenders are being slaughtered for losing cheap dead ball goals.  But with no players who are good in the air the zonal system is a clear disaster.  Just how are players as poor as Souttar and Halkett to both play a high line and cover their entire half of the ark when everyone else goes forward?  How can they have confidence in someone who stuck with Pereira so long?

Trouble is, they were all shite under Levein’s tactics too. So maybe we should just accept that these players are utter wank. With a couple of exceptions, I hate all of them. They’re a set of total ***** and an absolute embarrassment. Hopefully their careers never recover.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

I'd be surprised if there WASN'T a split in thre dressing room. Stendel came in and got rid of guys like Berra and Whelan,  told some of others they weren't wanted. Some of whom are still here.

Many were Levein or Macphee players/signings and came to the club due to them. They would've had close relationships with the old management team and the players that left. Some (of the players) will agree with the decision to change things and others will be upset. Same happens in workplaces all the time,  new manager comes in and breaks up the team!

Players are not robots. 

Agree with this and it causes me great concern.  It is known Levein loves when people say yes to him.  He is pretty autocratic. Almost everyone in the building was a Levein/McPhee appointment or signing.  If these people are harbouring any resentment towards Stendel where is the motivation to fight a relegation battle?  The only thing I can think about is future money owed to them in big contracts.  Apart from that maybe a lot of them would prefer Stendel to fail. 

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Jesus Christ people moaning about players going mental at each other. THATS FOOTBALL. I sat and watched Berra as captain not say a peep on a football park, no direction no encouragement, nothing. I remember Henry saying at the Arsenal invincibles season they were at each other’s throats every game cause they expected the best. That’s how a club should be. Not to pander to players, we don’t have time to make mistakes. Up your standards or **** off.

The Arsenal invincibles were all top class international players.  I bet the likes of Irving or Hickey would get more from Naismith or Boyce applauding an attempt at a through ball rather than being shouted at because they didn't play the pass to feet.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Levein was to blame for the mess he left but the time for continuing to bleat about Levein is gone.    If there's trouble between the coaches and players then the blame lies in there.     Continuing to obsess about Levein is an illness.

My instinct would be to be full square against the players.    They've shown themselves to be utter shite bags and continue to show very little professional determination.     But I do have some sympathy with the idea that the players are in some way correct to stand up to Stendel's kamikaze tactics.     Maybe some of these players have more care for our club than we give them credit for.

A lot of fans,  myself included,   have grave concerns about Stendel's ability to learn,  adapt,  adjust,  improve.     Why then not the players too?

It will be another expensive episode but we can rescue ourselves with another change.   It's not too late.

Are you suggesting changing the team/tactics or changing the management again?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Balernojambo said:

Agree with this and it causes me great concern.  It is known Levein loves when people say yes to him.  He is pretty autocratic. Almost everyone in the building was a Levein/McPhee appointment or signing.  If these people are harbouring any resentment towards Stendel where is the motivation to fight a relegation battle?  The only thing I can think about is future money owed to them in big contracts.  Apart from that maybe a lot of them would prefer Stendel to fail. 

This is why Levein and McFraud should have been out the building weeks ago - and why the players should have been told by Budge in no uncertain terms that they needed to get a grip.

Unfortunately she is clueless and spineless.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Coco said:

The Arsenal invincibles were all top class international players.  I bet the likes of Irving or Hickey would get more from Naismith or Boyce applauding an attempt at a through ball rather than being shouted at because they didn't play the pass to feet.

Personally I think Naismith is a right prick. Has been a shit example to everyone.

1 minute ago, Gabriel said:

We definitely need to change something.  I do not think that should be Stendel though.  However, I do feel he needs to realise he does not have the players to implement his style.  To do so he needs real pace up front and in central defence.  We do not have that.  He needs to do what Mourinho has done at Spurs.  In his first press conference he said, I cannot change to much as that will fail.   I need to make small adaptations and wait until the summer for the bigger changes.  That is the correct path and the one Stendel should have followed.  Wholesale change was too much to ask for with the position we are in right now.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

3A6F2934-2AF9-41EA-93E1-B797C3861F2E.jpeg.06ad9255c6850325b340c57490bbcb3c.jpeg

Lol what would you expect him to do?? 1 down to Hamilton and ripping Clare then 2 down things needed changed!!!!

He moved an International RB into R, he moved a right midfielder from RB into RM, he moved a winger onto the left wing and kept Naismith where he already was.

The SCUM media again.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is why Levein and McFraud should have been out the building weeks ago - and why the players should have been told by Budge in no uncertain terms that they needed to get a grip.

Unfortunately she is clueless and spineless.

I agree.  It is a bizarre situation and has definitely not helped Stendel.

Just now, Gabriel said:

Could be either.    I honestly don't see Stendel's tactics + a group of confused and fragile players doing the job.    Either Stendel admits his tactics will have to be parked until a later date or I think we go down.

Or we do have another managerial change to save ourselves.

These players are so lucky to be playing for HMFC, this wonderful old club.

Maybe they haven’t supported the club since birth like we have but that doesn’t give them an excuse to never give 100% every time they pull on the jersey. Some will move on to other clubs and pick up a wage and get on with their life without ever realising the privilege and honour to have played at Tynecastle for this famous institution.

3 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

That's the spirit .

Yeah probably deserved that I was being a tad dramatic but I just don’t see this squad doing it hope I’m wrong obviously 

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I find it interesting that the ITK'ers are all over any transfer thread but are always missing on these threads.

Very good point!!

ToadKiller Dog

This isnt a battle between players and the manager , this is a fishing exercise by the sun to try and add sauce to the unsourced rumour it published .

Us going down is a massive story for them ,hamilton or the midden isnt ,they will try to engineer such a situation ,its shat the tabloid arseholes do .Its a blatant attempt to turn us all against each other .

So until I see hard fact not gossip to show different I will stand with the club ,the manager and the players and against the sun .

In fact the club should revoke the suns privileges especially for the cup game .

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🤔

He was getting called the biggest hibby weirdo on the internet the other day. Anyone who spends time on that site is for the watching imo. 
Ive looked once or twice when people posted links. My seethe goes off the scale reading their shite tbh. 

3 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

This isnt a battle between players and the manager , this is a fishing exercise by the sun to try and add sauce to the unsourced rumour it published .

Us going down is a massive story for them ,hamilton or the midden isnt ,they will try to engineer such a situation ,its shat the tabloid arseholes do .Its a blatant attempt to turn us all against each other .

So until I see hard fact not gossip to show different I will stand with the club ,the manager and the players and against the sun .

In fact the club should revoke the suns privileges especially for the cup game .

If you were there on Saturday it is obvious things are not working.  Dressing room issues would not surprise me given our position and given the fact some players have been told they are surplus to requirements.  Football players are pretty bad for leaking stuff to agents and press so I believe there is truth in it.  

He has to do something tactically.  If we continue with the high press with those players we are down.

16 minutes ago, Coco said:

That was one thing I noticed about Avdijaj when he came on, always looking to encourage and applaud the effort from the teammate, however shite they were. Naismith just screams at them. There's room for both ways I suppose. 

9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I find it interesting that the ITK'ers are all over any transfer thread but are always missing on these threads.

I’ve said on here many times that my contact, Brandon, has said the players love Stendels approach and love being “coached”. That hasn’t changed. I suspect this story has come from Uche which is disappointing but not unexpected as he is very close to Levein. He last 45 minutes and was subbed off, which he wasn’t happy about. I’ve heard from Mikey Smith that he enjoys the training and we’ve read from loads of players about them enjoying the training. A total non story attempting to shine a bad light on a foreign coach. Almost like the media think we should’ve given the job to Neil McCann, you know, the BBC pundit and friend of the media. 

When people said it’ll get messier before it gets better there was no set timescale.  

If true,  it could be the continued fall out during this transitional period until we get to a stage everyone is on the same page. 

It could come too late but that’s the breaks if the hierarchy don’t make the decisions when they should have. 

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

The way I feel is I back Stendel, the players can bolt. Not one has acted like they give a shit bar Micheal Smith all season. Plus I do think it’s a made up headline cause it’s an easy one. Believable to people outside Hearts. Best way to nullify it is win on Friday.

Exactly this. Players throwing toys out the pram for not getting a game/being told to leave. They have had us on a downward spiral for around 16 months and I have never felt so out of touch with a group of Hearts players. There are only 2 or 3 I would keep, the rest can do one. 

New manager shakes up lazy, entitled primadonna players non-shocker..

100% behind the manager on this one.

The only way players are entitled to a place in the team or respect is to perform well on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He was getting called the biggest hibby weirdo on the internet the other day. Anyone who spends time on that site is for the watching imo. 
Ive looked once or twice when people posted links. My seethe goes off the scale reading their shite tbh. 

I have posted a screen shot showing that the Pereira rumour started on .net

Another showing .net congratulating their members on getting that rumour over on to here and now taken as fact.

Another showing the latest rumour about Stendel/player unrest again started on .net

That rumour is now published in the Sun and now taken by many on here as fact.

If you can’t see the woods for the trees and the pattern emerging then I’m sorry but you are blind.

The problem at Hearts is that the man who has done the most to drag the club down to where it is now is still within... even after being sacked. Levein should have been pitch forked out the F'n door but instead AB has allowed his odor to linger around the place.

If there is discord it is due to players still feeling the influence of that man within the club, in that they feel they have an ally within who may be able to change things for them.

AB has to bear the blame for the mess we are in right now she did not have the stomach to fire Levein immediately after the end of last season... a very grave error the results of which we are seeing right now. If we survive the season in the SPL it will be a miracle and she should be leaving the club immediately this season is over whatever happens! 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve said on here many times that my contact, Brandon, has said the players love Stendels approach and love being “coached”. That hasn’t changed. I suspect this story has come from Uche which is disappointing but not unexpected as he is very close to Levein. He last 45 minutes and was subbed off, which he wasn’t happy about. I’ve heard from Mikey Smith that he enjoys the training and we’ve read from loads of players about them enjoying the training. A total non story attempting to shine a bad light on a foreign coach. Almost like the media think we should’ve given the job to Neil McCann, you know, the BBC pundit and friend of the media. 

I don’t think I can despise Levein anymore than I do tbh. The people defending the fact the ***** is still mooching about riles the life out of me. 
If hibs had done similar we’d be laughing our cocks off at them. 

PaulHartley10

Every single man, woman and dug that isn't a Hearts fan is revelling in watching us going down. If that isn't enough to get everyone in a room and develop a siege mentality then I don't know what is. 

They worked hard in the last game but the heads go down. Lets see some responsibility shown, especially by our centre backs, man up ffs.

They might not like each other but show some professional pride and deal with it at the end of the season. You can't deny it's got the Terry Butcher feel about it and not many games to turn it around. 

I have to be honest, I'm right behind Stendel but if I was asked if I'd take an interim manager like Robbo just now and bring Stendel back in the summer, I'd take it.

We're sleepwalking.

I got this far and stopped reading...

"Stendel, 45, began a brutal squad cull, with captain Christophe Berra binned and first-team coach Jon Daly axed"

I wonder where the story came from!

Edited by Rudy T

Nicholas Brody

There is certainly some truth in this but as per usual from the Sun, has been completely spun to suit an agenda.

There is certainly a couple players who are not keen on playing a certain way, you can probably guess, and who are using this communication pish as to the reason why they cant adapt. He speaks with a strong german accent, not in German ffs. Add into the fact he has two assistants who speak perfect English and Andy Kirk helping him. Christ even Peter Haring was drafted in. There's no excuses.

Players like Walker and Clare have got their head down and improved and are enjoying playing football again whilst others are only getting fleeting appearances after not doing what they are told. Trying daft step overs in front of the dugout and falling on your arse probably doesn't help. 

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Maybe. Personally I couldn’t care less if they come out and say it publicly. What I want is for them to show it on the pitch. Hopefully this is the catalyst for some of them to get a ****ing grip of themselves and use the embarrassment of being spoken about in such a way to find another level of performance.

If there is any truth in this article (not convinced either way), then it gives Stendel some extra credit, and means he gets a lot more sympathy for our abysmal form just now. 

Any players risking our top flight status over their petted lips, need named, shamed and lynched.

FTFY. 

51 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

You don’t spend enough👍

That's a weird as **** reply tbh. 

10 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sun online running an article that half the players are fed up with Stendels man management and communication skills.

"It is understood some players struggle to make sense of Stendel’s instructions on how he wants them to play.

Others are bitter over being dumped when they don’t immediately deliver."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5293264/hearts-stendel-battle-win-over-players/

9 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Bring on the mass clear out whatever division we're in next season. 

I thought if there was going to be any player dissent it would be the ones he told could find other clubs back in January but are still here. Walker maybe the exception because he's lifted his game since then.

34 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

They are actually replacing by others who don’t appear when we are doing well, but like magic appear to inject a bit of pure poison into the discussions, when we are not doing well.

Edited by Deevers

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

FTFY. 

Lynched would do. Yes, I accept your 'fix'.

I get what he's driving at with his reply. Don't want to get infracted for elaborating though.

Jambof3tornado
22 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That was one thing I noticed about Avdijaj when he came on, always looking to encourage and applaud the effort from the teammate, however shite they were. Naismith just screams at them. There's room for both ways I suppose. 

Several times after naismith had a pop at players he then clapped and encouraged them. 

Amazing how when he plays well nobody minds him but when he underperforms he's suddenly a twat to those around him.

He is a massive player for us and we are lucky to have him.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

This is not good and couldn’t have been at a worse time to be honest. 

Tbh not surprising considering how we are playing... not good at all.

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

FTFY. 

Why? IF he had he would have seen this coming a mile off.

This thread is now destined for 20+ pages of absolutely bollocks and could have been nipped in the bud from the start.

51 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

The way I feel is I back Stendel, the players can bolt. Not one has acted like they give a shit bar Micheal Smith all season. Plus I do think it’s a made up headline cause it’s an easy one. Believable to people outside Hearts. Best way to nullify it is win on Friday.

Yes we are doing badly but to say players don't give a shit is nonsense .

Teams don't come back from being 2 goals down , no matter who we are playing ,  if they don't give a shit

43 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Trouble is, they were all shite under Levein’s tactics too. So maybe we should just accept that these players are utter wank.

My thoughts exactly. The idea that these players are spitting the dummy out is infuriating. Their performances, their lack of bottle, guts and desire. 

For god sake we need to just stay up and empty half this lot over the summer. 

It is funny that none of this sort of crap came out when CL was "managing" the team... of course back then these players were allowed to be totally shite for ninety minutes and still get to play again the next weekend. The truth of the matter is there are some truly terrible players at Hearts just now and they were all signed by Levein ... there is the common denominator. It is just a case of shite players signed by a shite manager  moaning that they are being told they are shite by the new manager.... while all the time the old manager is still on the premises, you could not make that up really only at Hearts under AB could that happen. 

Just now, Nicholas Brody said:

There is certainly some truth in this but as per usual from the Sun, has been completely spun to suit an agenda.

There is certainly a couple players who are not keen on playing a certain way, you can probably guess, and who are using this communication pish as to the reason why they cant adapt. He speaks with a strong german accent, not in German ffs. Add into the fact he has two assistants who speak perfect English and Andy Kirk helping him. Christ even Peter Haring was drafted in. There's no excuses.

Players like Walker and Clare have got their head down and improved and are enjoying playing football again whilst others are only getting fleeting appearances after not doing what they are told. Trying daft step overs in front of the dugout and falling on your arse probably doesn't help. 

The fact he has Jamie Walker working harder speaks volumes to me! 

Surely 95% of ticket holders inside Tynecastle could see that Berra was finished and Whelen offered us nothing. Snippets from some on here and also through a couple of people I know said that Daly held zero respect at Riccarton. So the Sun can sensationalise all they want, but we know the facts that were right in front of us.

If, for example, McCann had got the job and had performed the same way that Stendal has there is no chance he would have been treated in the same way. 

We should have won on Saturday, even after being 2 down. We had plenty of chances, we are in a shit place, we get no breaks or luck when we need it. But, I still see enough fight in the team that says to me that most players are trying to perform for DS. There are a couple of exceptions. 

I still have faith in DS. 

The Sun, and Hibs can away and fling shite at themselves.

53 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t doubt that at the very least this story will be partially true.

The way I see it is this:

1) Stendel’s results don’t reflect well on him but he’s been dealt a shite hand.

2) Levein and Budge have built the most pathetic squad in our history. They’ve bred a culture where players and staff aspire to nothing and are not held accountable.

3) Levein and Budge need to **** off straight away.

I think you are being a bit hard on our Ann she came in and saved our club along with the FOH but she admitted like plenty of our support she did not have a clue how to run the football side of things that's why she employed the experience of Craig, as things have panned out things have went pear shaped and Daniel has been dealt a poor hand to start with. Are we going down maybe but we need to support the team until its impossible for us to stay up as I have said previously I have seen worse times than this so come on guys stay positive and get behind our manager.

27 minutes ago, Cade said:

New manager shakes up lazy, entitled primadonna players non-shocker..

100% behind the manager on this one.

The only way players are entitled to a place in the team or respect is to perform well on the pitch.

Basically - to do their well paid ****ing jobs.

There is no excuse for a player to ever give less than 100% in any game.

The Sun as a newspaper has no credibility and hasn't for a long time.

They could be 100% right or 100% wrong but they've cried wolf, misinformed,  harassed so many times on sport and other news that their reporting is too dubious to take at face value.

If the Sun said the Earth was round it would have the most staunch scientists questioning their own beliefs.

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

They could be 100% right or 100% wrong but they've cried wolf, misinformed,  harassed so many times on sport and other news that their reporting is too dubious to take at face value.

If the Sun said the Earth was round it would have the most staunch scientists questioning their own beliefs.

Steady on now everyone knows earth is flat 

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

It is funny that none of this sort of crap came out when CL was "managing" the team... of course back then these players were allowed to be totally shite for ninety minutes and still get to play again the next weekend. The truth of the matter is there are some truly terrible players at Hearts just now and they were all signed by Levein ... there is the common denominator. It is just a case of shite players signed by a shite manager  moaning that they are being told they are shite by the new manager.... while all the time the old manager is still on the premises, you could not make that up really only at Hearts under AB could that happen. 

Absolutely bang on mate. 

15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Several times after naismith had a pop at players he then clapped and encouraged them. 

Amazing how when he plays well nobody minds him but when he underperforms he's suddenly a twat to those around him.

He is a massive player for us and we are lucky to have him.

Yeah i didn't mean to have a go at naismith there, can understand his frustration. 

4 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Daily Record saying it’s nonsense and the club will respond 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-stendel-hearts-players-support-21519549