Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Our problem is DS was brought in to change that. He hasn’t and we are in a worse position than when he arrived. Our “castle” is a bouncy one for other teams to turn up without a shred of fear. I’m shocked to be honest I really expected/hoped he was the man to turn us around. 

I don't think anyone would turn us around. The players aren't anywhere near as determined and focused as the likes of kilmarnock and st johnstone. They are more interested in who is to blame for the latest screw up than actually fighting to dig us out the shite.

As for a worse position, we were joint bottom when he took over and now we are bottom by 1 point, so aye.

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These shite bags have had it too easy for far too long under CL. Now they're being asked to work hard, play to win and are being dropped for not performing in training.

The holiday camp is over, it's no wonder some of these losers are upset.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

bigsuperslim1874

And yet we have seen interviews with two players who haven’t been regular starters speak positively of Stendel - Washington and Walker. Indeed it looks like he is helping Walker get back towards his old self.

Like most on here, almost no player has any cause to complain as they are complicit in the mess we are in (Smith being one of the notable exceptions). And as noted, if you have Kirk on the bench to relay/explain whats needed if understanding Stendel is problematic for some - not sure how those players STILL can’t understand what’s being asked of them. Just an easy excuse.

@Bongo 1874 - what are you hearing on the grapevine?

Tokyo Drifter
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The Sun are almost always spot on with what is happening at Hearts. Disgusting paper but usually right. It would definitely explain a lot of what is being seen on the park.

I dunno what there is to mis-understand. He plays a high press. Even I get it, and I'm no master tactician. The opposition players certainly seem to get it, that's for sure.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I don't think anyone would turn us around. The players aren't anywhere near as determined and focused as the likes of kilmarnock and st johnstone. They are more interested in who is to blame for the latest screw up than actually fighting to dig us out the shite.

I sort of agree the players appear not to have the fight but our squad is littered with international and top spl quality players. Maybe I’m blinded but find it just too easy to say the players are shite because imo they aren’t. I genuinely believed another manager would have got us out of this mess not make it worse. 

I spoke with a mate who works at Tynecastle, he reckons this is bollocks.

The players love Stendels coaching.

I’m fairly sure his instructions can’t be misunderstood as “Don’t track the runners or complete passes or attack the ball while defending corners” 

Is there a single player that has been dragged off when they didn’t deserve to be? Is there a single player that was playing well under Levein that has now started being poor? The answer to both is no. 

Could well be that a few players aren’t happy but imo we wouldn’t have got back to 2-2 stars n Saturday if it was the case folk weren’t behind Stendel. 

Jury still well & truly out on the manager but make no mistake the constant throughout the shambles have been badly performing players. Players that we mostly believed were good enough to do better than they were under Levein and just needed someone who was a better manager. If we go down one or two aside they will be remembered as the group of charlatans that relegated us and should be run out of town. 

I also wouldn’t rule out that this is a bitter rant from Daly or McPhee tbh. 

I'd be surprised if there wasn't some kind of dressing room split given where we are at the moment.

I've always thought Stendel was the right man, but that the time wasn't right and we should have been bringing in someone to just avoid relegation but he's here now and we need to support him and believe in him.

What else can we do? The alternative is to accept that all hope is lost.

Gordon Ramsay

Bit of both. 

Stendel's English isn't very good and I can see from his body language on the touchline how he would come across as confusing. 

On the other hand these players are predominantly wimps and constantly fail to step up to the mark. Easiest thing in the world to blame the managers crap communication skills. 

Either way we're a mess. We have been a mess since Neilson left. All signs point to us going down with a whimper. 

24 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

3A6F2934-2AF9-41EA-93E1-B797C3861F2E.jpeg.06ad9255c6850325b340c57490bbcb3c.jpeg

Lol what would you expect him to do?? 1 down to Hamilton and ripping Clare then 2 down things needed changed!!!!

Struggling to see what this little snippet is supposed to suggest too. Things were t working so manager moved personnel around? 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Dazo said:

I sort of agree the players appear not to have the fight but our squad is littered with international and top spl quality players. Maybe I’m blinded but find it just too easy to say the players are shite because imo they aren’t. I genuinely believed another manager would have got us out of this mess not make it worse. 

Levein, McPhee and now Stendel have managed over 16 months of relagation form between the three of them. 

Sooner or later you have to look at the squad and say - right, so they can't play in a defensive style, they can't play in an attacking style, the goalies can't do the basics, the defenders can't defend to a decent level and, by and large the strikers can't score goals.

I'm sorry, there is something rank rotten about this group of players. 

The Treasurer

The part that jumps out at me is "don't immediately deliver"

most of these "stars" haven't delivered for a whole season, some haven't delivered for 2 or 3 years !!!

As a few posters have said, shut the feck up and start working to get us out of the mess that is of your own making.

"dont understand his instructions" FFS, were not asking them to split the atom, its football, something they shout comprehend by now. The assistants speak perfect English and im sure he double checks understanding before leaving the changing rooms. After that everything shouted from the dugout is simple stuff. 

Man up, pull yer fingers out yer arses and earn your crust. This great team and the greatest supporters in the world deserve more. 

JUST DO YOUR EFFING JOBS

Now I've actually had a night's sleep and subjected myself to that again (don't read The Sun kids)

There are no quotes.

The classic 'The Sun understands' is usually used when they don't have any solid source.

The 'Dramatic changes' involved 1 onfield switch to move a more attacking player further forward and a DM further back as we dominated the ball.

The reporter has no track record of getting Hearts stories correct - it was him who gave us Hickey 2m target for Rangers

There’s probably an element of truth to the article. As much as the Sun are scum, they usually seem to know what’s going on in Scottish football. 

It’s hard to feel any sympathy for the players who have been utter shite for a full 12 months before Stendel came in. 

As a guess I’d say the ones who don’t understand their instructions might be Souttar and Halkett. Purely because they’ve looked utterly clueless for weeks. 

Regarding players upset about being bombed for not delivering straight away... Do me a favour. There’s a few that fall into this category; Damour, Uche, White, etc. It’s a stretch to say any of them have been hard done by. 

It still remains to be seen how Stendel’s reign will pan out, but the club is toxic right now for sure and has been for a long time. There’s a very Sunderland-vibe to it just now and I think our documentary will be a tough watch for all. 

John mcCartney

guarenteed this all stems from the comments made on the radio by that GBC ***** RIchard Gordon and fellow scumbags on Saturday post game re instruction being made from the sidelines with a board and objects on it.

arsepaper not newspaper

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Struggling to see what this little snippet is supposed to suggest too. Things were t working so manager moved personnel around? 🤷‍♂️

Aye but he's a weirdo different foreigner so obviously him changing things causes confusion. If it was a guid hoanest scoatish boss he'd be a genius for switching things around. 

1 minute ago, John mcCartney said:

guarenteed this all stems from the comments made on the radio by that GBC ***** RIchard Gordon and fellow scumbags on Saturday post game re instruction being made from the sidelines with a board and objects on it.

arsepaper not newspaper

Should have stuck to the iPad. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was at the Federation rally on Sunday & Scott Wilson said to Naisy he noticed a togetherness within the squad (in front of the whole team & management),and naisy Said there is. So whose lying? The captain or the weegie rags? 

jack D and coke

Just now, John mcCartney said:

arsepaper not newspaper

That did come to me as well. 

Fully support Stendel, but thought at the time bringing him in was a massive gamble based upon a decent, but not glowing record. I’m still hopeful his methods, which no doubt take time, will click with the players. The question is, will they do so in time and are the players onboard enough. 

GorgieFifeLife
56 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Stendel spoke about this at the weekend when he criticised their body language. Look at Naismith for example. Does anyone think he is enjoying playing for the club just now, never mind the captaincy? Stendel tells the players to take risks and Naismith screams in their face when they make a mistake.

Walker still looks like a petulant child. 

Souttar is looking pretty disinterested too. I ****ing hate them all, I'll take getting relegated now if it means getting rid of them all. 

Souttar is clearly upset about his pals Levein and Berra being launched and has the petted lip out. He cant be trusted and that is backed by his performances.  We need to forget who the supposed best players are and play those who are buying in to what we are trying to do and are fighting for the cause.

4 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Souttar is clearly upset about his pals Levein and Berra being launched and has the petted lip out. He cant be trusted and that is backed by his performances.  We need to forget who the supposed best players are and play those who are buying in to what we are trying to do and are fighting for the cause.

That’s a big guess, ‘clearly’.  😄

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Would empty every single player before stendel. 

Why though?  Where does this confidence in him come from?  I am beginning to find it all bizarre, we are like one of Fritzels kids, we have been so abused as fans over the last few years we are just clinging onto the hopes of a guy that apart from being German has nothing going for him.  I was firmly in the camp that I will give Daniel time, well I feel that time has been given and I am far from happy with what I am seeing.

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s a big guess, ‘clearly’.  😄

Squad is full of losers and the faint hearted and Souttar is one of the biggest. I dont trust him.

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Squad is full of losers and the faint hearted and Souttar is one of the biggest. I dont trust him.

Daniel must do as he starts every game he is fit.

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, davemclaren said:

Daniel must do as he starts every game he is fit.

He must do so far but on recent form and body language I cant see how he can be in the team much longer.

25 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I spoke with a mate who works at Tynecastle, he reckons this is bollocks.

The players love Stendels coaching.

hopefully that's correct and they can use this to start taking a siege mentality for the remaining games.

Need to find out who is actually up for the battle and who is not. Anyone who won’t give any less than 100% for the cause should be binned. Getting fed up with underperforming players who are getting paid good money producing absolutely shite performances. Even worse when they appear in the press telling us that it will get sorted out.  Do your talking in the pitch and earn they money you are getting paid - some of you are not worthy of wearing jersey given the level of commitment you have shown.

8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I can believe it.

I am concerned about Naismith's input. We have been, mainly, troubled since he turned up. (to the exact minute he was injured in that League Cup s/f v Celtic)

Not having a Director of Football in charge, in that system, and expecting a 'head coach' to be a Manager, is a failure by Ann Budge and the Board of Hearts. 

I can feel there is poisonous discord affecting us just now. Dunno who, where, why, when and how, but we are struggling to work together.  

I started a thread in the minutes after the Celtic game not dissimilar to the point you've just made. I suggested that there might be something else - another factor - at play.

I had someone in mind. The same person you have mentioned.

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

He must do so far but on recent form and body language I cant see how he can be in the team much longer.

His form, since returning from serious injuryp, hasn’t been the best but he is better than Dikamona imo. 

19 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Aye but he's a weirdo different foreigner so obviously him changing things causes confusion. If it was a guid hoanest scoatish boss he'd be a genius for switching things around. 

Maybe, just maybe he’s not doing a good job and it isn’t working for the team? 

3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

hopefully that's correct and they can use this to start taking a siege mentality for the remaining games.

It’s definitely correct.  Training is meant to be amazing. 

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don’t agree with the timing. Attempting to change our entire footballing philosophy and fight relegation, as predicted, is proving almost impossible to do.

I agree.  He should have been punted, along with his failure of an assistant, when Livingston humiliated us, the previous December.  

Edited by Paolo

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don’t doubt that at the very least this story will be partially true.

The way I see it is this:

1) Stendel’s results don’t reflect well on him but he’s been dealt a shite hand.

2) Levein and Budge have built the most pathetic squad in our history. They’ve bred a culture where players and staff aspire to nothing and are not held accountable.

3) Levein and Budge need to **** off straight away.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Paolo said:

I agree.  He should have been punted, along with his failure of an assistant, when Livingston humiliated us, the previous December.  

Correct. If only Budge actually owned a pair.

I'd be surprised if there WASN'T a split in thre dressing room. Stendel came in and got rid of guys like Berra and Whelan,  told some of others they weren't wanted. Some of whom are still here.

Many were Levein or Macphee players/signings and came to the club due to them. They would've had close relationships with the old management team and the players that left. Some (of the players) will agree with the decision to change things and others will be upset. Same happens in workplaces all the time,  new manager comes in and breaks up the team!

Players are not robots. 

The way I feel is I back Stendel, the players can bolt. Not one has acted like they give a shit bar Micheal Smith all season. Plus I do think it’s a made up headline cause it’s an easy one. Believable to people outside Hearts. Best way to nullify it is win on Friday.

No Hearts manager should survive getting beat 5-0 by Livingston. If that wasn't enough the league form afterwards should have had him gone after the cup final.

As for Stendel, no doubt he has made some mistakes. Feel keeping Pereira in goals has cost us probably 3 or 4 points in the last few games. Glad he's been binned. However the style of play is needing tweaked or we are going to get relegated. The players we have either don't know how to play the system or can't. We can't be leaving ourselves so exposed. 

The next 3 games are massive for both Hearts and Stendel. He needs to get results and fast and really could do with a win on Friday night and not losing the derby. 

For years under Levein and MacPhee the players were urged to take safety first options.  Negative football.  Maclean was signed because he couldn't run and this would help us hold on to one goal leads!

Changing that mentality is not easy.  It is much more difficult for a midfield player picking up the ball in broken play to make a forward pass.  It's lower percentage and higher risk than the easy ball sideways or backwards but with higher rewards.  Stendel has shipped out a lot of negative players like Whelan and Maclean.  The point someone made about Naismith hounding players for 'mistakes' is a good one.  We need risk takers and not to pillory mistakes if the Stendel system is to work.

However, there are things which I suspect that the players are rightly finding difficult.  The defenders are being slaughtered for losing cheap dead ball goals.  But with no players who are good in the air the zonal system is a clear disaster.  Just how are players as poor as Souttar and Halkett to both play a high line and cover their entire half of the ark when everyone else goes forward?  How can they have confidence in someone who stuck with Pereira so long?

Jesus Christ people moaning about players going mental at each other. THATS FOOTBALL. I sat and watched Berra as captain not say a peep on a football park, no direction no encouragement, nothing. I remember Henry saying at the Arsenal invincibles season they were at each other’s throats every game cause they expected the best. That’s how a club should be. Not to pander to players, we don’t have time to make mistakes. Up your standards or **** off.

Levein was to blame for the mess he left but the time for continuing to bleat about Levein is gone.    If there's trouble between the coaches and players then the blame lies in there.     Continuing to obsess about Levein is an illness.

My instinct would be to be full square against the players.    They've shown themselves to be utter shite bags and continue to show very little professional determination.     But I do have some sympathy with the idea that the players are in some way correct to stand up to Stendel's kamikaze tactics.     Maybe some of these players have more care for our club than we give them credit for.

A lot of fans,  myself included,   have grave concerns about Stendel's ability to learn,  adapt,  adjust,  improve.     Why then not the players too?

It will be another expensive episode but we can rescue ourselves with another change.   It's not too late.

Edited by Victorian