Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

It should have been ten

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

**** me, these lazy pricks have been shite for almost a year before Stendel came to the club.

Boohoohoo someone's come in and upset their wee routine.

**** em all.

🤬

This

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sun online running an article that half the players are fed up with Stendels man management and communication skills.

"It is understood some players struggle to make sense of Stendel’s instructions on how he wants them to play.

Others are bitter over being dumped when they don’t immediately deliver."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5293264/hearts-stendel-battle-win-over-players/

Yes I know it's the Sun...

Fair dos. Sack Stendl now and get CL back because we never had these problems when CL was in charge.

Am I doing this right ?  

8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

"Struggling to understand "........" communication skills "?? 

With one assistant that speaks near perfect English and another assistant that actually is English? You'll excuse me for thinking this story is bullshit. 

I was thinking the same, plenty language help if needed. I don't think the story is bs though, most likely players simply unable to adjust to the new systems and blaming the coaches for their lack of understanding. I'm sure it'll all come to the forefront soon enough. Hope the players have enough pride and care enough to get us out of this mess.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

**** the sun, horrible rag that sows division and hate  in all parts of society.

This is all about creating discontent and division ,playing on peoples xenophobia about foreign managers reminds me of the way Vogts was treated .

We need to stick together  .

Need to stop the constant doom and gloom ,negativity wont change attitudes or improve things .

It is a horrible rag but I’m not surprised at this story and suspect it’s true. I heard last week that he wasn’t liked by the players, not sure which ones but I think we can hazard a guess.  I hope it works out but it is looking more and more like another Cathro.

annushorribilis III
15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We won our League Cup group, then beat Motherwell and Aberdeen to reach the semi finals. Levein’s Premiership form is fair game but his cup record is not!

On that basis you don't agree with  CLs sacking ? 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Losing to East Fife on penalties was embarrassing, only drawing at home and winning on penalties against Dundee Utd was poor don’t you think?  Drawing against a shite Partick team and only scraping through the replay when the ref didn’t give them a last minute stone wall penalty - that was 2 more piss poor performances.  Aberdeen? Another draw!  We would probably have made the Scottish Cup final last year if you were the manager, given the draw we got!

How many times did we beat Rangers and Celtic in the cup under Levein?

We didn’t play Rangers in the cup under Levein, so that’s a silly point to attempt to make. Celtic have won everything for years, hardly Levein’s fault. Only winning the game matters in cup football! We came pretty close to beating Celtic last May. Undone by individual errors, not tactics or formation.

2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

On that basis you don't agree with  CLs sacking ? 

I don’t agree with the timing. Attempting to change our entire footballing philosophy and fight relegation, as predicted, is proving almost impossible to do.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Almost worth the relegation pain to say goodbye to the majority of this squad.

Cannot be arsed with them.

Ditto ,👍

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don’t agree with the timing. Attempting to change our entire footballing philosophy and fight relegation, as predicted, is proving almost impossible to do.

At what point do you think CL should have been sacked ? 

Edited by annushorribilis III

We didn’t play Rangers in the cup under Levein, so that’s a silly point to attempt to make. Celtic have won everything for years, hardly Levein’s fault. Only winning the game matters in cup football! We came pretty close to beating Celtic last May. Undone by individual errors, not tactics or formation.

But like you said in the previous sentence “Only winning the game matters in cup football” 😉

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Don’t immediately deliver? 😂 honestly I’ve no idea how Stendel will pan out long term.. 

but I would gladly see every single player at the club emptied with the exception of about 2.. 

sick of the sight of most of them

This.   I would take relegation if it meant getting rid of the most spineless squad of players ever assembled. 

7 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

At what point do you think CL should have been sacked ? 

If we were going to make such a profound and fundamental change to our footballing style / philosophy, it had to happen at the very end of a season. That would give the new incumbent a full summer window, various friendlies and a League Cup group stage to fine tune and perfect the system. Whether that should have happened at the end of 2018/19 or 2019/20 season is the question. What is clear, to me anyway, is that it should not have happened in October / November. It would also have been beneficial for it not to have taken six weeks to get over the line.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So, such a great cup manager but he hasn’t beaten anyone of note then?  Partick came pretty close to beating us too. Got the same as us too, **** all!

Isn’t Stendel only being undone by individual errors or do individual errors only occur when Levein is manager?!

Honestly, it’s ****ing laughable on here! All the posters that stubbornly backed Levein until the bitter end, still sticking up for his pathetic record now but queuing up to take a pop at Stendel after 5 minutes!  Fwiw I don’t think Stendel will be here after the summer but at least give the guy a chance.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence

If we were going to make such a profound and fundamental change to our footballing style / philosophy, it had to happen at the very end of a season. That would give the new incumbent a full summer window, various friendlies and a League Cup group stage to fine tune and perfect the system. Whether that should have happened at the end of 2018/19 or 2019/20 season is the question. What is clear, to me anyway, is that it should not have happened in October / November. It would also have been beneficial for it not to have taken six weeks to get over the line.

So you blame Budge rather than Levein for the mess we’re in?  Or is it the guy that’s only been here 5 minutes?

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

So, such a great cup manager but he hasn’t beaten anyone of note then?  Partick came pretty close to beating us too. Got the same as too, **** all!

Isn’t Stendel only being undone by individual errors or do individual errors only occur when Levein is manager?!

Honestly, it’s ****ing laughable on here! All the posters that stubbornly backed Levein until the bitter end, still sticking up for his pathetic record now but queuing up to take a pop at Stendel after 5 minutes!  Fwiw I don’t think Stendel will be here after the summer but at least give the guy a chance.

Too late. I nailed my colours to the mast in December. I actually think he would have been a success, if he’d arrived in different circumstances. Agree he’ll be gone, one way or another.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

So you blame Budge rather than Levein for the mess we’re in?  Or is it the guy that’s only been here 5 minutes?

I’ve got the benefit of hindsight to criticise the timing. Budge was under enormous pressure to act. It’s not really improving our situation.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Exactly, there's absolutely zero evidence in the article. We can't say it's not true but what a shambles of an article. Worse than most of pish on here. 

This squad of players can quite frankly **** off with one or two exceptions. Charlatans who take a massive proportion of blame for where we are. 3 different managers this season, same shitebag performances under everyone of them. I couldn't detest this squad anymore if I wanted to. Embarrassed how much they've shamed our club. 

Couldn't agree more.  

Hearts should immediately release a statement backing their manager.   Anyone not happy, there's the door.   

22 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Fair dos. Sack Stendl now and get CL back because we never had these problems when CL was in charge.

Am I doing this right ?  

Rather extreme approach but perhaps that’s what it might take!

But wait until after Friday!

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

All fair points tbh.

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You categorically criticised the timing of the sacking. You then talk bollocks and  criticise the club for the time it took to appoint a replacement. !! 

So many words to avoid your own ridiculous statement and you refuse to say when the club should have sacked him. 

FFS , buy a train set and give us a ****ing rest. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

No idea if this story is true or not but what's not in doubt is these players performances have been shambolic for the past 18 months 

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Rather extreme approach but perhaps that’s what it might take!

But wait until after Friday!

You've totally missed the point. 

But let's pray for 3 points on Friday. 

Just now, annushorribilis III said:

You categorically criticised the timing of the sacking. You then talk bollocks and  criticise the club for the time it took to appoint a replacement. !! 

So many words to avoid your own ridiculous statement and you refuse to say when the club should have sacked him. 

FFS , buy a train set and give us a ****ing rest. 

If it hadn’t taken six weeks, the stendel

appointment would have happened at a different point in time, wouldn’t it? The point is, for Stendel’s plan to be implemented we needed a lot of time to realise it. It’s transpired that it happened at the exact wrong time. Even folk supporting Stendel must admit he would have been better appointed in the summer, with all

the inherent benefits that would have brought?

3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You've totally missed the point. 

But let's pray for 3 points on Friday. 

🙏🏿
SOS (Save our Stendel!)

Edited by Jambo-Fox

annushorribilis III

appointment would have happened at a different point in time, wouldn’t it? The point is, for Stendel’s plan to be implemented we needed a lot of time to realise it. It’s transpired that it happened at the exact wrong time. Even folk supporting Stendel must admit he would have been better appointed in the summer, with all

Go to bed.

But before you do, read that bullshit one more time and apply some critical analysis to it. 

"Even folk supporting Stendel must admit he would have been better appointed in the summer, with all

the inherent benefits that would have brought?"....so, that's not you then ? 

You don't agree with the timing of  his appointment and you don't support him ? Which part am I missing ? 

PS  less is more. 

Edited by annushorribilis III

1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Go to bed.

But before you do, read that bullshit one more time and apply some critical analysis to it. 

Which part do you disagree with?

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Go to bed.

I've critically analysed it and there's not much wrong with what he said.

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've critically analysed it and there's not much wrong with what he said.

Cheers for that. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Your right but possibly wrong! The assumption is that Stendels plan is practical!

5 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Go to bed.

"Even folk supporting Stendel must admit he would have been better appointed in the summer, with all

the inherent benefits that would have brought?"....so, that's not you then ? 

You don't agree with the timing of  his appointment and you don't support him ? Which part am I missing ? 

PS  less is more. 

So you don’t think Stendel would have had more chance of success if afforded a full summer window, friendlies and a League Cup group stage? Logic would dictate that the summer is always the best time

to bring in a new football manager.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Your right but possibly wrong! The assumption is that Stendels plan is practical!

It is practical, it works at other clubs. The question is whether it’s practicable at Hearts, playing in the Scottish Premiership, with our budget.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

It is practical, it works at other clubs. The question is whether it’s practicable at Hearts, playing in the Scottish Premiership, with our budget.

And if the correct leadership (experience & qualifications) is in place to flawlessly execute the plan 

annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So you don’t think Stendel would have had more chance of success if afforded a full summer window, friendlies and a League Cup group stage? Logic would dictate that the summer is always the best time

to bring in a new football manager.

"Logic would dictate that the summer is always the best time..".indeed, logic would say so, but you've spent such a long time composing your answer. 

So, sophistry aside, you do support Stendl ? Because you still haven't said so. 

Who knows how much truth in this article. Does remind me of one job I had, think I must have been off the day they covered this one issue, or indeed they never covered it. Or I wasn't paying attention. Anyway, I carried on making decisions based on previous experience in other jobs, but really I knew I was lacking some important information and was left in an uncomfortable limbo. What should I have done? Asked what the protocol was in these situations. I didn't, I suffered in silence until they came to me demanding an explanation. Moral of the story, go and knock on Daniel's door and don't be afraid to look stupid if there is anything that you are unsure of, or feel exposed by. 

5 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Yes, but how do you think the team will perform without Naismith, Smith, Halkett, Clare and Boyce?

how have they performed with them in it ? 

When we go down only 1 or 2 should survive but I wouldn’t be against emptying them all, absolute frauds

Boyce aside as he’s just in the door but anyone signed under Levein is fair game 

I can see a modicum of truth in there somewhere. 

Bottom of the league, players being asked to do things they're not used to, you know, like run around a bit more. 

Hard life being a footballer. 

First thought coming to mind is that if anyone is being dropped or put to one side and they are feeling a little bit upset then its entirely deserved 

We are so concerned with not upsetting the players it has got to the point where its never their fault, its someone elses. They are as fecking responsible as anyone 

Next - The Sun is a shite newspaper. The Journalists who report on Scottish Football are essentially Old Firm Supporters who show bias in every tool they use to report (not all but most). 

Reading the article it looks more like a journalist trying to fish stuff up and cause us other issues. Please dont tell me no one reporting wise has ever done this to us before 

Even if Stendel cant communicate properly according to the article we still have English Speakers surrounding him and who would translate an instruction not understood at the time and by a player 

For the above reason I'm not buying this.

If the players want to be respected and heard then they can bloody well get us out of the bottom before we pander to their snotty noses and wipe their bums. They have some cheek given where we are.

If there is any truth in it which I find highly unlikely, it will come out in the wash. At this point its a shit article from a shit newspaper 

Simples 

VagabondJambo
5 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

**** the sun, horrible rag that sows division and hate  in all parts of society.

This is all about creating discontent and division ,playing on peoples xenophobia about foreign managers reminds me of the way Vogts was treated .

We need to stick together  .

Need to stop the constant doom and gloom ,negativity wont change attitudes or improve things .

Exactly!

. . . and another desperate attempt by Jabba Traynor to play mind games ahead of the cup-tie - the Cheats last chance of silverware.

Planting seeds of unrest via this Daily Trash toilet-paper.  As another poster said, it’s working - just look at these last 4 pages of JKB posts!

C’mon, we’re better than that!  Let’s show our team, our manager, our club, and the rest of Scottish football that we are united, and true supporters!  Our team and management need us for the final push this season.

There are lots of skilled footballers out there, but outside the truly special talents what sets the top players apart is their mentality. 

Levein seemed to have a thing for players with a weak mentality, we're riddled with them. It really doesn't surprise me that some are whining instead of buckling down.