Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

Sun online running an article that half the players are fed up with Stendels man management and communication skills.

"It is understood some players struggle to make sense of Stendel’s instructions on how he wants them to play.

Others are bitter over being dumped when they don’t immediately deliver."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5293264/hearts-stendel-battle-win-over-players/

Yes I know it's the Sun...

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel a, no quote,  “Tynecastle insider” type

story coming. Probably originating on here from the feedback from the Junior Jambos event. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

I feel a, no quote,  “Tynecastle insider” type

story coming. Probably originating on here from the feedback from the Junior Jambos event. 

Or the Hibs.net rumour.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sun online running an article that half the players are fed up with Stendels man management and communication skills.

"It is understood some players struggle to make sense of Stendel’s instructions on how he wants them to play.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5293264/hearts-stendel-battle-win-over-players/

The first bit I can believe - Scottish footballers not renowned for their sharpness - but who would the bitter others be if true? Dikamona maybe? White? He's given most players several opportunities at least. Some have arguably been given too much time. Others have been replaced by first choice players coming back from injury, as with White and Dikamona. Those dumped completely like Berra, Whelan, Wighton and Mulraney all got chances under Stendel.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The first bit I can believe - Scottish footballers not renowned for their sharpness - but who would the bitter others be if true? Dikamona maybe? White? He's given most players several opportunities at least. Some have arguably been given too much time. Others have been replaced by first choice players coming back from injury, as with White and Dikamona. Those dumped completely like Berra, Whelan, Wighton and Mulraney all got chances under Stendel.

Meshino, MacDonald, Washington to an extent.

10 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

The Sun are almost always spot on with what is happening at Hearts. Disgusting paper but usually right. It would definitely explain a lot of what is being seen on the park.

kingantti1874

Don’t immediately deliver? 😂 honestly I’ve no idea how Stendel will pan out long term.. 

but I would gladly see every single player at the club emptied with the exception of about 2.. 

sick of the sight of most of them

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Levein's signings having to work for a living. :wow:

****ing put the head down, shut the **** up, put some pride in your performances, and get us out the ****ing hole you've dug for yourselves.

This.  I’ve never felt so apathetic towards a squad of players before in my life.  I’m putting up with them at the moment because I’m powerless to it, but if it ever comes down to Stendel v Squad, Stendel will always get my vote.  He’s exposed these lads for what they are.

Nicholas Brody
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

****ing put the head down, shut the **** up, put some pride in your performances, and get us out the ****ing hole you've dug for yourselves.

Bingo.

If this is true, you always have to have your doubts when it’s the Sun, but if it is true, then Stendel should be cut a little slack. Much like the whining from Berra and Whelan etc, they can ****ing well pull their big boy pants on, and get their fingers out.

**** me, these lazy pricks have been shite for almost a year before Stendel came to the club.

Boohoohoo someone's come in and upset their wee routine.

**** em all.

🤬

When any team isn't winning players will be unhappy. Especially a big squad like ours where there are many players of similar ability. The ones not getting picked won't be happy.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  I’ve never felt so apathetic towards a squad of players before in my life.  I’m putting up with them at the moment because I’m powerless to it, but if it ever comes down to Stendel v Squad, Stendel will always get my vote.  He’s exposed these lads for what they are.

This. Its also the reason I do not fear the championship. As long as Stendel stays it allows a complete reset, lets face it Leveins 5 year plan never bloody worked so binning DS after 5 months would be wrong.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

When any team isn't winning players will be unhappy. Especially a big squad like ours where there are many players of similar ability. The ones not getting picked won't be happy.

Almost exactly my thoughts!!

If there is any substance to this identify the discontented ones and isolate them. No messing, just cut them straight out. To allow any of these charlatans house room will be a serious mistake. A siege mentality is required. Get rid of the weak minded and let the strong flourish.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Half the article is taken up with us switching Clare into midfield for Smith when we were 2 down against 10 men, an entirely sensible change to make.

Whether there's any unrest in the dressing room I don't know.  There's literally no-one who'd have any complaint about being dropped though at this stage.

With all due respect the part about struggling to understand how he wants them to play may well be correct..you can hardly blame the players if he cannot make his instructions clear.

We are hurting at the moment and of course want to back the new man with the players an easy target but to pretend that it must be all their fault is just stupid

Just look at all the threads and comments from posters telling us how his system is  not working, how he needs to change this and that, yet when a story comes out all that is forgotten and blame is attached purely to the players.

The truth will be somewhere in between but don't kid yourself that the manager has no blame attached to him

Don’t know what to make of this article. As much as I despise the sun they’re usually pretty up to speed on all things Scottish football.

Our situation is dire right now. Stendel has been left with an absolute mammoth task of firing up a squad full of losers with a good number who are absolutely shite. Yes he’s brought a few players in but it’s nowhere near enough and couldn’t have expected anymore mid season.

The players need to step up and take responsibility for our position, only so much blame you can lay at the managers door although ultimately they are the first ones to pay the price. I get the feeling that, no matter what they spout to the media, our squad genuinely don’t or didn’t believe we would be relegated.

The club need to stand behind the manager at this moment in time and so do us, as fans. Anyone not on the same script should be cut loose immediately, I don’t care who they are.

I don’t care how we do it but we need to keep ourselves in this league, even through playoffs and completely rebuild this squad in the summer. 

Moaning because they’re  being asked to put in a shift.

Should be put in a room for 20 mins with the people that pay their wages & we’ll see what kind of reaction we’d get.

Do your jobs & stop making excuses.

Regardless of the result on Saturday I never saw one single player that did not give it everything. That’s enough for me. **** that rag. We are HMFC and these players gave everything 

Seymour M Hersh

****ing rag of a paper that'll quite happily fill it's pages with lies. As for the players not understanding then open yer ****ing ears you idiots. 

13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

What exactly has Stendel done to make you so supportive of him?

10 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

With you here.

I connect with our manager.

I connect with Michael Smith.

I'm strughling to really care of connect with any others. Naismith on his day.

There are a bunch I really want to do well. Uche, Walker, Washington, Clare etc... but I'm not really getting them like I used to love watching Levein, McLaren, Rudi, Robbo, Gordon, Hartley, etc... Even the McSwegen's etc... tried.

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

By coincidence, I have just purchased.a bag of nails.  You Barack have just hit the proverbial nail on the head.

One guy in particular who has fully understood Stendel's instructions appears to be Jamie Walker.  If the rest don't follow his example double quick they will find themselves at Alloa or Clyde next season.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

Probably a lot of pash. But I would back Stendel all the way if it has even a grain of truth.

I’m here. **** those players. ***** the lot of them. 

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

With all due respect the part about struggling to understand how he wants them to play may well be correct..you can hardly blame the players if he cannot make his instructions clear.

We are hurting at the moment and of course want to back the new man with the players an easy target but to pretend that it must be all their fault is just stupid

Just look at all the threads and comments from posters telling us how his system is  not working, how he needs to change this and that, yet when a story comes out all that is forgotten and blame is attached purely to the players.

The truth will be somewhere in between but don't kid yourself that the manager has no blame attached to him

So what was the players excuse under Levein and McPhee?

The problem is that we don't know who's unhappy- important people like Naismith or people who can **** off like Joel?

I'm backing the recently appointed manager of Hearts, we'll get through this and in time we'll know if he's any good.

Holyrood_Hearts

I think it’s BS. Most of these players have spent a calendar year not winning games under CL yet 13 games in under DS are away complaining to Budge.

DS hasn’t had the results so far but bar not getting Damour off the books & persisting with Pereira too long I’ve back every other personnel decision   

pettigrewsstylist

I struggle to understand him and i give a s***.

Not surprised some imposters want to throw sh*** to disguise their utter failure as players. If that's them moving into self preservation mode already we are f*****!

I actually feel apathy towards the players and former manager right now. I’m became angry as a result of what we’ve become....a team as soft as shit where other teams roll up and pump us in our own home. Oh the irony of having a castle that can’t stop invaders helping themselves. 

I feel HMFC are a family member that’s just been diagnosed with a terminal illness and I’m slowly watching them suffer and diminish until they breath their last.

This team don’t know the meaning of the word ‘fight’! When do the players actually take the blame rather than the manager? 

If anything, then most of them won’t be here if we go down next season. I won’t be sorry to see the back of these charlatans. 

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I can believe it.

I am concerned about Naismith's input. We have been, mainly, troubled since he turned up. (to the exact minute he was injured in that League Cup s/f v Celtic)

Not having a Director of Football in charge, in that system, and expecting a 'head coach' to be a Manager, is a failure by Ann Budge and the Board of Hearts. 

I can feel there is poisonous discord affecting us just now. Dunno who, where, why, when and how, but we are struggling to work together.  

I brought up Naismith’s constant whining at players a few days ago. He has been moaning like feck and you can see some of them letting it get their heads go down, with others basically giving him a GTF look.  The irony is Naismith has been really shite for the last 4 or 5 games.

14 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If there is any substance to this identify the discontented ones and isolate them. No messing, just cut them straight out. To allow any of these charlatans house room will be a serious mistake. A siege mentality is required. Get rid of the weak minded and let the strong flourish.

Yes, but how do you think the team will perform without Naismith, Smith, Halkett, Clare and Boyce?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Take Craig Levein back right now.

That's what it's all about isn't it you hold a grudge because Levein got sacked, utterly pathetic I admire Levein as the player but unfortunately it's 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's what it's all about isn't it you hold a grudge because Levein got sacked, utterly pathetic I admire Levein as the player but unfortunately it's 

Can you rewrite that sentence with punctuation please? I’ve genuinely no idea what you are attempting to say.