*** St Midden v Heart Of Midlothian - Rescheduled for 11/3 ***

JamboPete

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

know what you mean but I really can't stand this chopping and changing.  Back when Robbie had the reigns the strategy was to focus on home grown players and compliment with older heads/experience, now we seem to be playing football manager and turning over the squad at every opportunity. The amount of money being frittered away is really getting on my jotters, not least because some of it is mine...

Not sure we have good enough youngsters coming through to work that way. I'd love a Scottish core but the value isnt there. Other clubs like motherwell seem to manage a good blend.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

know what you mean but I really can't stand this chopping and changing.  Back when Robbie had the reigns the strategy was to focus on home grown players and compliment with older heads/experience, now we seem to be playing football manager and turning over the squad at every opportunity. The amount of money being frittered away is really getting on my jotters, not least because some of it is mine...

I agree. We have no transfer strategy. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its not too late. I have little faith in them just now but we can’t give up.

I also look forward to that clear out no matter what happens.

I'm here 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

I agree to an extent, but when you gave the money to Hearts it becomes their money, not yours. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

I’d imagine her lawyers will insist on it being heavily edited now! 

Cup win will be the surprise, glorious ending...... 😲

SectionDJambo
34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cup win will be the surprise, glorious ending...... 😲

Or could be Ann Budge phoning up Leanne to congratulate her on Hibs winning the cup, whilst she is in a meeting deciding how much to charge for season tickets for the Championship.

Sadly, it could happen. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Or could be Ann Budge phoning up Leanne to congratulate her on Hibs winning the cup, whilst she is in a meeting deciding how much to charge for season tickets for the Championship.

Sadly, it could happen. 

Nah, not happening. 

👍

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, not happening. 

👍

Let's hope not. 

One of the many chortles, about our past encounters with Hibs, I can still have to myself during these times, is 1998. We win the cup and they go down.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Failing to remove levein in the summer is ultimately what will see us relegated. She brought stendel in to be a miracle work and he's shown himself not to be, it simply was too big a task with the shite at his disposal.

Relegation will not kill us as a club, but it will finally rid us of budge and co.

Absolutely. Her failure to get rid of Levein will be her legacy, but as long as we clear out Loser Levein, Budge and almost all of the players, we'll be OK.

Hopefully a new broom will sweep clean.

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Much better survival chances in Lombardy than Hearts have.

Did lombardy no play for dundee ?

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I said to my brother in law on the way back to the car last night that if we win at Livingston then last night wont matter.....thats utter shite though. Last night was huge for us and only 1 team turned up and they werent the frauds in maroon. If the players fail to take anything from livvy( which is bloody unlikely) then we start saying yes but we can catch county etc etc etc.

I'm just facing reality. We dont have the fight in those shitebags to get out of trouble.

I know but we can’t give up.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Didn't she have to agree to giving the BBC access? Sheer stupidity.

Yes but the guy said it was her idea to do a documentary, it wasn’t. Plenty of other things to criticise her about.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Jodami said:

I suspect her hubris will end up as the theme of the piece. 

Absolutely 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes but the guy said it was her idea to do a documentary, it wasn’t. Plenty of other things to criticise her about.

OK. It was her idea to agree to doing a documentary. So certainly another thing to criticise her about. Crazy given our run of relegation worthy league form in the 6 months before that decision and the general shambles of the "football department" that was already apparent to most people. What did we expect to gain?

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know but we can’t give up.

But the players can and seem to have. Whether we do or don't is inconsequential.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK. It was her idea to agree to doing a documentary. So certainly another thing to criticise her about. Crazy given our run of relegation worthy league form in the 6 months before that decision and the general shambles of the "football department" that was already apparent to most people. What did we expect to gain?

You’re not really getting my point, it wasn’t her idea is the point. Agreeing to do it now looks like a bad idea.

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But the players can and seem to have. Whether we do or don't is inconsequential.

If we don’t show some fight from the stands we are doomed, give up if you want but I won’t. If we go down they will receive every criticism going from me, until then I would rather we didn’t give up.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

It is a weird one - 2 seasons of underachievement and a manager who is getting criticism for his style and results - great time to do a documentary...

She probably thought it would be all about libraries and orchestras. Unfortunately that annoying wee thing called football got in the way

31 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She probably thought it would be all about libraries and orchestras. Unfortunately that annoying wee thing called football got in the way

I think Ann is ok but I cannot help thinking it must be a vanity project - "Queen of Hearts" and all that...

Pasquale for King

Grand Prix cancelled.

Scottish Government ban all gatherings with over 500 folk from next week.

The performance wing at Riccarton has been quarantined as someone is being tested who works there.

Edited by Pasquale for King

portobellojambo1

The thing that stuck in my head last night was how easily the team reverted to playing the way we were before Stendel arrived. We were talking about it on the bus coming home and the expression that developed from the way we were playing was comfort football, we reverted to trying not to lose a game we actually needed to win, and as was often the case when playing that way we lost. The other teams know that if they don't attack us we will revert to playing the ball sideways, backwards, out the park, back to the old days of how we played almost everyone. I agree with those who say we are not down yet, there are still points available, it is now 100% in our own hands as to whether we stay up or go down. It doesn't have to be deemed as bigoted, it doesn't have to be accompanied by anything that would suggest such, but what we need in our dressing is a sign put up on the wall that says nothing more than No Surrender. Better to go down fighting than go down by throwing in the towel. Based on last night, I'm honestly not certain we can get anything against Livingston, but we sure as hell have to try and do so. Then Ross County come to Tynecastle, absolutely nothing but 3 points from that will do. The trip to Aberdeen, they are more likely to come at us, and that in itself, in a strange way, is probably something that could benefit us, if the game opens up.

Edited by portobellojambo1

23 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The thing that stuck in my head last night was how easily the team reverted to playing the way we were before Stendel arrived. We were talking about it on the bus coming home and the expression that developed from the way we were playing was comfort football, we reverted to trying not to lose a game we actually needed to win, and as was often the case when playing that way we lost. The other teams know that if they don't attack us we will revert to playing the ball sideways, backwards, out the park, back to the old days of how we played almost everyone. I agree with those who say we are not down yet, there are still points available, it is now 100% in our own hands as to whether we stay up or go down. It doesn't have to be deemed as bigoted, it doesn't have to be accompanied by anything that would suggest such, but what we need in our dressing is a sign put up on the wall that says nothing more than No Surrender. Better to go down fighting than go down by throwing in the towel. Based on last night, I'm honestly not certain we can get anything against Livingston, but we sure as hell have to try and do so. Then Ross County come to Tynecastle, absolutely nothing but 3 points from that will do. The trip to Aberdeen, they are more likely to come at us, and that in itself, in a strange way, is probably something that could benefit us, if the game opens up.

We (the players) dont know how to play football.

Ibrahim Tall
On 11/03/2020 at 11:25, GorgieFifeLife said:

I wish people would stop peddling this myth.  Ignore the media sensationalism.  We will need hundreds more cases in Scotland before this is a consideration.

Yep..

pettigrewsstylist
On 12/03/2020 at 09:12, Calebs Grandad said:

It’s a totally different world from the old days. I remember Gorgie Road being demolished shop by shop after failing to beat Ayr once. You can’t condone it but nowadays you simply cannot voice or show your frustrations at the shambles our club has become. If Budge stays on salaries and also Levein then it’s going to get worse as both had a huge part to play in this decline on the field. 

They think they are cleverer than the average jo chimp. Where do we think Ann B stumbled across the name Stendel?

It was time to respect where we were, recognise that teams rarely ever got out of that position at xmas, and hired a fixer ,who knew the league and had longststanding record of proven mgmt and team building.

Seems to me we thought we were too good to go down, despite stats, and spun the dice, again.

Amateur hour, with the sums involved.