Portugal Racism

Sooperstar

Porto player Moussa Marega was being racially abused and decided he had had enough so took himself off. I have to agree with the Tweet here that his teammates do not come out of this looking good. Trying to force him to stay on instead of supporting his decision and possibly even joining him. Not good viewing.

Unbelievable in this day and age.

Good on the guy making a stand and I hope he gets the support and backing he deserves and the scum abusing him get banned if there is solid evidence of racial abuse by them.

Hmmm. Not too sure about this one. 

Marega was in loan to VSG a few years ago from Porto. He scored 25 goals for them In one season. 

Marega scored and celebrated like a mad man. Giving middle fingers to the home fans. 

He was booked for this. 

It was then when he got pelters from the home fans. 

He gave it out but couldn't take it back. 

Strange how vsg have black players in their own team. 

No one deserves to be racially abused however. 

However in England...what an idiot this 'pundit' is

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51526053

Ex-Rams midfielder Ramage was speaking on the Sportscene Podcast after their 1-1 draw with Huddersfield Town.

Former England Under-21 international Lowe said he had decided to "speak out on behalf of black players at Derby County", including fellow full-back Jayden Bogle, 19, whose recent performances, along with Lowe's, came in for criticism by Ramage.

During the broadcast, Ramage, who the BBC confirmed would no longer work with the corporation, said: "When I look at certain players, their body language, their stance, the way they act, you just feel, hold on a minute, he needs pulling down a peg or two.

"So I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young advice if they wanted it, that, you know, it's about, when you are struggling for form, you are going through a sticky patch, it's about going back to basics, working hard, and doing the right things."

Edited by CJGJ

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

Marega was in loan to VSG a few years ago from Porto. He scored 25 goals for them In one season. 

Marega scored and celebrated like a mad man. Giving middle fingers to the home fans. 

He was booked for this. 

My thoughts exactly.......and thats before I scrolled down and seen this post.

1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

He was booked for this. 

Morelos acts like a dick every time he's at Tynie but I'd never think about being racist.

Eusebio was black and the countries greatest ever player, mind you, we have racists who love boxing and athletics, racists must be the thickest humans on the planet.

7 hours ago, Jeff said:

Morelos acts like a dick every time he's at Tynie but I'd never think about being racist.

This

Doesn't enter my head .

8 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

He was booked for this. 

He was pointing at his arm (ie making a point about his skin colour) during the celebration which suggests stuff had been happening before the goal. Seems like the precious typical football fans could give it out but can't take it back. 

brunoatemyhamster

Really need to show the whole clip on this one. 

Not saying  for a minute that he's wrong to be upset about the abuse, but there are ways to go about it. 

Running to the fans, stoking the tension, middle fingers and pointing to his skin. Then coming back on the pitch with a seat on your head, then complaining to the ref and freaking out because you got booked isn't dealing with it properly. 

He's just a guilty of making that situation. 

If he goes calmly to the ref and explains then this doesn't happen. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

11 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Disgraceful behaviour from his teammates. I cannot imagine how bad it must be having to suffer that level of abuse.

I’ve mixed feelings on this, because I can see the point if his teammates are saying “don’t let them win, beat them by showing them on the pitch” but at the same time the poor lad would continue to suffer the abuse.  

Mad how black people can still be victims of racism and folk's first thought is 'well he doesn't help himself does he'. Sticking it right up the fans after scoring is a great way of dealing with it tbh. **** them. Having a quiet word with the ref does nothing. 

40 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Not saying  for a minute that he's wrong to be upset about the abuse, but there are ways to go about it. 

Running to the fans, stoking the tension, middle fingers and pointing to his skin. Then coming back on the pitch with a seat on your head, then complaining to the ref and freaking out because you got booked isn't dealing with it properly. 

Aye, blame him. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

The guy is claiming that he was racially abused. That’s the story here.

A football player abused because of the colour of his skin.

What are we saying here, you only have the right not to be abused if you are calm?

He is not guilty of making someone abuse him racially.

brunoatemyhamster
20 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

The guy is claiming that he was racially abused. That’s the story here.

A football player abused because of the colour of his skin.

What are we saying here, you only have the right not to be abused if you are calm?

He is not guilty of making someone abuse him racially.

No, the story here is that guy had a meltdown when the referee booked him. 

That clip doesn't show the whole story. 

Hes quiet right to complain to the referee. He's should have did it long before he did. 

He's took it for 60 mins, not mentioned to the ref, then scored and rammed it right up the supporters( fair play). The ref then rightly booked him for nearly starting a riot. He then tell the ref its because he's was being racially abused and is furious that excuse didn't wash. 

He's right to be annoyed by the abuse, but wrong to blame the ref for a situation he could have just took the booking for and been happy with it.( the booking) 

Unless the ref had ignored him for the previous 60 mins,which I doubt. 

Racially abused or not, he had a part in that situation. 

He's using it as an excuse for his booking and blaming the ref. 

If it was that bad, he would have dealt with it in the 60 mins previously. 

It's how he dealt with it in this situation I've got a problem with, not him dealing with it. 

brunoatemyhamster
10 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

He didn't have a meltdown when he got booked, he played on for 5 minutes then asked to be substituted. So he did take the booking, and was happy with it, as you suggest.

Maybe you should listen to your own advice that the clip doesn't show the whole story before you dig yourself a bigger hole.

It was only a problem for him when his excuse didn't wash with the ref. 

What was his excuse for not reporting it or walking off in  the previous 60?

No hole to dig myself out off. 

There were better ways to go about, he's chose the wrong one and is blaming the ref. 

Not got a problem with him reporting it, but it didn't just start between him getting booked and walking off, no matter how much people want to ignore it.