Easter Road - tickets on sale wed 19/2

willie wallace

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Be lucky to pick up six points from our remaining twelve matches. Increasingly likely to be the last Edinburgh derby for the foreseeable ... 

Hearts should never go to their outdated Lego hell hole and ever be feared. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Ethan Hunt

• Mr Elwood P

• jamboman9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Hearts should never go to their outdated Lego hell hole and ever be feared. 

Boyle’s pace and Allan’s passing, combined with Hearts high line is giving me the absolute fear ...

20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Be lucky to pick up six points from our remaining twelve matches. Increasingly likely to be the last Edinburgh derby for the foreseeable ... 

Yawn!!! Change the record FFS.

If we play the high line against Boyle it will be a cricket score tbh. However seen us pull off a few shock wind against them so always have a bit of hope. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

When have I made either of those two statements previously?

It’s the constant negativity. Turn it in FFS. I hope you are in a wide open space with no-one around because you suck the life out of things.

The Elwood virus. It’ll be a thing one day.

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It’s the constant negativity. Turn it in FFS. I hope you are in a wide open space with no-one around because you suck the life out of things.

The Elwood virus. It’ll be a thing one day.

Don’t think I have been overly negative? I was simply one of the first fans to realise that Stendel’s system wasn’t working at Hearts. Now most folk can agree on that and know that it must be adapted for us to survive. Predicting 2 wins in our next 13 is actually quite positive considering we’ve managed 3 wins in our first  27 games ...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Don’t think I have been overly negative? I was simply one of the first fans to realise that Stendel’s system wasn’t working at Hearts. Now most folk can agree on that and know that it must be adapted for us to survive. Predicting 2 wins in our next 13 is actually quite positive considering we’ve managed 3 wins in our first  27 games ...

Who was in charge for the majority of those 27 games?

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Who was in charge for the majority of those 27 games?

Nobody. Do you know what the word ‘majority’ means?

Levein 11

Macphee 5

Stendel 11

Edited by Mr Elwood P

On the one hand, I’m terrified we will get pumped. On the other, they don’t have the physicality of Hamilton or Killie which might actually suit us better? Our best Stendel performance was Rangers. Even the boxing day derby was defined by two sloppy mistakes but think we are better overall now than what we were then

Nobody. You do know what he word ‘majority’ means?

Levein 11

Macphee 5

Stendel 11

Yes, do you? For ease I’ll explain it. The majority of those games were managed by someone other than Stendel.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We should just make them joint managers. Levein can handle the defence and Stendel the attack... seeing as neither of them seem to believe defending and attacking are both important. :lol: 

That's the weird thing the defence for a good while was also honking under Levein.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yes, do you? For ease I’ll explain it. The majority of those games were managed by someone other than Stendel.

No, they weren’t. We’ve had three different managers and none have managed the majority of our games. By the split, Stendel will have managed the majority of our games though ...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

No, they weren’t. We’ve had three different managers and none have managed the majority of our games. By the split, Stendel will have managed the majority of our games though ...

Stop being a *****. Surely simple maths hasn’t escaped you. You quoted the figure of 27 games, and Stendel has managed 11 of those, simple maths tells you the majority of games have been managed by someone other than Stendel. 

Your second sentence sees you sinking even lower than you have done. By the split we could be in a different position altogether. I know that won’t suit you but hey ho, I’ll wait and see how things pan out before assuming we’ll be in a worse position.

I never agreed with a lot of what you have posted but recently you’ve become a manic depressive. Try a wee bit optimism. 

August Landmesser

:fth:

We go there, not in fear but in expectation. **** 'em. 

If they win, **** 'em. If we win, **** 'em.

If it's a draw, **** 'em.

:fth:

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Stop being a *****. Surely simple maths hasn’t escaped you. You quoted the figure of 27 games, and Stendel has managed 11 of those, simple maths tells you the majority of games have been managed by someone other than Stendel. 

Your second sentence sees you sinking even lower than you have done. By the split we could be in a different position altogether. I know that won’t suit you but hey ho, I’ll wait and see how things pan out before assuming we’ll be in a worse position.

I never agreed with a lot of what you have posted but recently you’ve become a manic depressive. Try a wee bit optimism. 

Actually you’ll find, ‘someone’ is singular, meaning one person. One person has not managed the majority of our games. If you had said Levein and MacPhee combined have managed a majority of our games, that would have been correct. You asked ‘who’ has managed the majority? The answer I gave was correct - nobody!

You are correct on one thing, by the split up could be in a different situation i.e. already relegated!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

We create loads of chances and someone is due a doing.  

Make it so, Daniel

I've said that on the way to every game for 12 months!!!

Bite your arm off for a draw right now!!

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Actually you’ll find, ‘someone’ is singular, meaning one person. One person has not managed the majority of our games. If you had said Levein and MacPhee combined have managed a majority of our games, that would have been correct. You asked ‘who’ has managed the majority? The answer I gave was correct - nobody!

You are correct on one thing, by the split up could be in a different situation i.e. already relegated!

😂😂😂 Who' is a pronoun used both for singular and plural nouns. It takes a singular or plural verb in accordance to the noun it refers to 😂😂😂

Seriously mate, reach out to somebody. Don’t be a negative nancy all your life. There is help out there. Positivity rules.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

😂😂😂 Who' is a pronoun used both for singular and plural nouns. It takes a singular or plural verb in accordance to the noun it refers to 😂😂😂

Seriously mate, reach out to somebody. Don’t be a negative nancy all your life. There is help out there. Positivity rules.

Can you read?

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can you read?

You just get yourself a wee sedative and get yourself off to sleep. Night, night.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

4 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Just realised that the next league game after Paisley is  Hibs at Easter Rd.

We have to get a win on Friday and hopefully the cup tie as well just to give the team a bit of a confidence boost before going down there.

Also the fans need a lift for a huge game on a freezing Tues.night(great decision that by the way😬)

Can't miss a game at ER so will be looking forward to a repeat of the last visit there.

6 points from 6.Can you imagine that😀

No

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Boyle’s pace and Allan’s passing, combined with Hearts high line is giving me the absolute fear ...

Nah.  We somehow manage it in Derby’s.  If we lose it will be tight.  I always go there confident. 

not a hope of beating the huns now the leagues gone mind.  

Edited by Last Laff

The SFL really do treat us (and Hibs) with nothing else but utter contempt. The 2nd biggest fixture on the calendar and once again it's scheduled for midweek. Utter shambles of an organisation. I'll be there but more in hope than expectation.

Pasquale for King

Yeah because you were one of the last to realise Levein is a joke. Who would you have replaced him with and what system suits the squad we have that have us bottom of the league for most of the season?

4 hours ago, been here before said:

Ive a feeling Scott Alan will rip us a new one.

I'm worried about Boyle's pace getting in behind our defenders! McNulty will be a problem also. It still pees me off that Hibs have been landing the likes of McNulty twice, Allen twice and i'll tell you who else will be a problem...Greg Docherty. Why are Hearts not identifying these players? Over the last few years I've watched some decent players play against us, including the ones mentioned. Thought Hearts should've tried to get Docherty from Hamilton before he got a move to Rangers. Liked Greg Taylor for Killie in our problem left-back position, Templeton was excellent for Accies before he went south, Kamara at Dundee before a move to Rangers and one i'd love to have got in at Hearts was Eamon Brophy at Killie. I liked a few of Killie's players when Steve Clarke was there, O'Donnell at right back was another.  How come other clubs manage to find quality players that make a difference to them and we struggle? Even Livingston and Motherwell. Obviously there's been a few success stories but for every successful one there's been three unsuccessful ones. I could name a few others, Gary Mackay-Steven and Greg Stewart spring to mind.

Anyway, back on topic....the Hibs game could quite easily end up a high-scoring draw. Our defence is rank, they'll get goals, and the high-press game will trouble Hibs' defence. One thing about them, attack them and they crumble, just like us.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah because you were one of the last to realise Levein is a joke. Who would you have replaced him with and what system suits the squad we have that have us bottom of the league for most of the season?

Hibs brought in Jack Ross and are now 5 points away from 3rd place and have a clear route to Hampden. We brought in Stendel and have got ourselves in a worse position. I think any of Levein, Ross or Robinson would have kept us up, with the majority of the players fit now and the addition of Boyce. I don’t think any of them would have emptied Berra and Whelan which has far from improved us. Experience is essential for relegation battles.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hibs brought in Jack Ross and are now 5 points away from 3rd place and have a clear route to Hampden. We brought in Stendel and have got ourselves in a worse position. I think any of Levein, Ross or Robinson would have kept us up, with the majority of the players fit now and the addition of Boyce. I don’t think any of them would have emptied Berra and Whelan which has far from improved us. Experience is essential for relegation battles.

Levein 🤷🏾‍♂️. He’s reduced us to relegation fodder? Are you kidding? Even his biggest supporter Budge realised he wasn’t up to it.
Ross is a serial shagger who was emptied for it and will be lucky to last the year. Robinson may well have done ok but is just the same old same old.

Levein had spent all the money and getting rid of Whelan and Berra freed up wages for Boyce to come in. No idea what formation  or tactics would suit this squad though eh? 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Levein 🤷🏾‍♂️. He’s reduced us to relegation fodder? Are you kidding? Even his biggest supporter Budge realised he wasn’t up to it.
Ross is a serial shagger who was emptied for it and will be lucky to last the year. Robinson may well have done ok but is just the same old same old.

Levein had spent all the money and getting rid of Whelan and Berra freed up wages for Boyce to come in. No idea what formation  or tactics would suit this squad though eh? 

We’re paying most of Berra’s wages for him to play for Dundee, so that’s not true. Genuinely believe with Walker, Washington, Souttar, Halkett and Naismith all fit, Levein would have taken more points than Stendel has. He would also probably play Meshino instead of Lewis Moore!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’re paying most of Berra’s wages for him to play for Dundee, so that’s not true. Genuinely believe with Walker, Washington, Souttar, Halkett and Naismith all fit, Levein would have taken more points than Stendel has. He would also probably play Meshino instead of Lewis Moore!

Meshino gg A’s contributed two goals that have gained two points, and absolutely nothing else. To think Levein would up with someone who doesn’t defend shows a lack of understanding of how he’s always played. Add Walker into that. Washington has scored a penalty, and a rebound and crossed for Halketts goal, nothing else.Naismith now trains every day and plays every week, funny that. However little we are saving on Berra’s wages and Whelans helped us rejig the squad. Berra is incapable of playing the system the manager wants to play, Halkett and Souttar might not be able to either.
Still no answer, like every other person I’ve asked, to what formation and tactics suit this squad?

49 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I agree with this. It was a huge gamble to bring in Stendal who to his defence had no experience whatsoever of Scottish football and walked into a club already in a degree of crisis. We could still steer clear of relegation but it would have been made easier with some of the names mentioned in your post. However, in the event that we avoid the drop I'd like to think that Stendel will be given the time to put in place his ideas and players. 

I know that this won’t suit you but can I remind you, we haven’t been relegated. The end.

11 minutes ago, JustinT said:

I agree with this. It was a huge gamble to bring in Stendal who to his defence had no experience whatsoever of Scottish football and walked into a club already in a degree of crisis. We could still steer clear of relegation but it would have been made easier with some of the names mentioned in your post. However, in the event that we avoid the drop I'd like to think that Stendel will be given the time to put in place his ideas and players. 

You have no idea whether that would have been the case or not. Feel free to argue the point, but you’ll simply never know so are wasting your time.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

You have no idea whether that would have been the case or not. Feel free to argue the point, but you’ll simply never know so are wasting your time.

My point was a fair one I think. I'm not criticising Stendel at all but I feel he shouldn't have been hired for a club already in crisis when he was unaware of the league and its wherewithall. When in crisis you hire someone that knows the situation and the locality. 

5 minutes ago, JustinT said:

My point was a fair one I think. I'm not criticising Stendel at all but I feel he shouldn't have been hired for a club already in crisis when he was unaware of the league and its wherewithall. When in crisis you hire someone that knows the situation and the locality. 

Plenty of managers have been employed by clubs for exactly those reasons and failed. What then?

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Plenty of managers have been employed by clubs for exactly those reasons and failed. What then?

The poster mentioned Scott Robinson and Jack Ross, both know the Scottish game and what players and tactics suit it. I doubt they would have failed but if they had the time was then to bring in longer term different tactic managers as they'd have time and patience from the fans to implement their new tactics and signings.

3 minutes ago, JustinT said:

The poster mentioned Scott Robinson and Jack Ross, both know the Scottish game and what players and tactics suit it. I doubt they would have failed but if they had the time was then to bring in longer term different tactic managers as they'd have time and patience from the fans to implement their new tactics and signings.

So we employ another manager to keep us up, they fail, so we employ another manager to get us back up.  

Here’s an idea. Try backing the manager we’ve got. 

Edited by Ethan Hunt

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So we employ another manager to keep us up, they fail, so we employ another manager to get us back up.  

Here’s an idea. Try backing the manager we’ve got. 

I am. I'm not criticising Stendel one little bit.

I just think it may have been a better idea at a time of crisis to have went for the tried and tested who knew the Scottish game. Its not rocket science.

2 weeks annual leave booked in, starting the day before the Derby. Conveniently gives time for the dust to settle after a loss. 

I’ll book overtime if we win. :lol: