O Donnell of killie

cardboardcutout

2 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Exactly the type of player we need, strong , quick and athletic with great delivery and can defend too!

How much?  😎

cardboardcutout

I think he’s out of contract in the summer but you would have to think he’s spoken to someone and would he even consider us now?

Paisley Jambo
12 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Exactly the type of player we need, strong , quick and athletic with great delivery and can defend too!

Our scouting under Levein, when Killie signed O’Donnell, was too inept to identify decent players. 

Can't keep up, so he's great now? Last time I checked on here he was slated but that was when he was playing for Scotland and it's cool to slate anyone who plays for Scotland.

2 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Laughable.

In what sense?

I don't think he's any better than Michael Smith. I'd rather we were chasing after a decent centre back or centre mid.

cardboardcutout

With respect he’s considerably better than any player we’ve got on the right side. He poses a threat in the air too and he’s at the age where usually players are at their best. 

cardboardcutout
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Quality player but no doubt ceptic minded 

So’s Boyce to name but one and let’s be honest if youre Northern Irish you’ll be one of the uglies minded!

11 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Our scouting under Levein, when Killie signed O’Donnell, was too inept to identify decent players. 

Absolutely. Levein seemed to prefer total punts, rather than Scottish players who know the Scottish game 

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

In what sense?

I don't think he's any better than Michael Smith. I'd rather we were chasing after a decent centre back or centre mid.

See the post below yours. Answers your question perfectly. All I will say is see where he ends up next season. That will tell us more about his abilities than randoms like us on the internet.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

With respect he’s considerably better than any player we’ve got on the right side. He poses a threat in the air too and he’s at the age where usually players are at their best. 

Better RB than Smith? Not a chance

Just now, TheTrumpet said:

See the post below yours. Answers your question perfectly. All I will say is see where he ends up next season. That will tell us more about his abilities than randoms like us on the internet.

I guess we will. I'm not disputing his ability, he's a good player. He just plays in a position that is miles down the pecking order of positions we need to strengthen and it's one of only a few areas where we are quite strong.

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I don't think he's better than what we've got tbh. Would rather we strengthen elsewhere first.

Amazing :lol:  aye Aidy and Clare are on par. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Better RB than Smith? Not a chance

When does Smith play right back? 

And your not a chance opinion has zero to back it up.  I guarantee when both they players move on the Killie boy will go to a bigger club. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

He’ll be league one or championship no doubt where we signed smith from. All we can do is judge on what we see and domestically and internationally Smith is a better player.

Just now, Last Laff said:

Amazing :lol:  aye Aidy and Clare are on par. 

I'd say Clare is on a par and Michael Smith is better than them all.

But sure let's buy another right back whilst we have 3 shocking keepers, 2 awful centre halfs, dreadful central midfielders and a complete lack of effective wingers. Sounds a great use of resources.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I guess we will. I'm not disputing his ability, he's a good player. He just plays in a position that is miles down the pecking order of positions we need to strengthen and it's one of only a few areas where we are quite strong.

I can see where you're coming from but, for me, to say he wouldn't improve that Hearts team, hm, not going to agree with that. Hey ho, opinions eh!

Guest ToqueJambo

When does Smith play right back? 

And your not a chance opinion has zero to back it up.  I guarantee when both they players move on the Killie boy will go to a bigger club. 

He’ll probably go to to level we signed Smith from. I’ve seen Smith and Odonnell play at international level. One looks comfortable and one looks out of his depth.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

But sure let's buy another right back whilst we have 3 shocking keepers, 2 awful centre halfs, dreadful central midfielders and a complete lack of effective wingers. Sounds a great use of resources.

Clare isn’t on par with O’Donnell at Killie.  With all due respect. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

He’ll be league one or championship no doubt where we signed smith from. All we can do is judge on what we see and domestically and internationally Smith is a better player.

I disagree. Smith is solid, and that shines in the current Hearts team, and he's a leader, also great quality, but he has none of the attacking qualities of O'Donnell and I don't think he's as intelligent a player either. O'Donnell will got to the top half of the Championship in England I reckon.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

He’ll probably go to to level we signed Smith from. I’ve seen Smith and Odonnell play at international level. One looks comfortable and one looks out of his depth.

What? Mid league 1 down South? 

Ive seen them both playing in Scotland, both are stand outs, one plays for a team well better than Hearts at the moment and doesn’t even play right back.  

I think he is. He's not a better right back defensively I'll give you that, but then O'Donnell isn't as good as Smith in any department so I can't see how he would in anyway be someone we should sigh unless Smith leaves. Either way, it's far from a priority.

Just now, Taffin said:

I think he is. He's not a better right back defensively I'll give you that, but then O'Donnell isn't as good as Smith in any department so I can't see how he would in anyway be someone we should sigh unless Smith leaves. Either way, it's far from a priority.

I disagree entirely and think O’Donnell would be a fantastic signing but fair do’s 👍

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Haha, well, when you put it like that...😄

cardboardcutout

Because Clare was so ineffective as a midfielder he was put in a position where most of the play is in front of you. He’s only got to judge when to stay and go and not make stupid challenges in the box! He’s frankly hopeless as a defender and looks lost even now unless he’s attacking. Smith is a good defender but even so o donnell would be welcome and as I say improve us where ever he played imo

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

What? Mid league 1 down South? 

Ive seen them both playing in Scotland, both are stand outs, one plays for a team well better than Hearts at the moment and doesn’t even play right back.  

Here we go again. The eagerness of supposed Hearts fans to talk down our own players, in this case one of our most consistent. O’Donnell could easily end up in league one like many better players from scotland recently - at sunderland, for example.

As others have said the RB position is way down our list of priorities.

Geoff Kilpatrick
30 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

So’s Boyce to name but one and let’s be honest if youre Northern Irish you’ll be one of the uglies minded!

What a shite generalisation and offensively untrue.

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I would honestly rather have Clare than ODonnell. Younger, cheaper, more potential, more adaptable, more skillful, more goal threat.

Look, with Brandon, Clare and Smith we are well

covered at RB right now.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would honestly rather have Clare than ODonnell. Younger, cheaper, more potential, more adaptable, more skillful, more goal threat.

covered at RB right now.

He’s not more of a goal threat at all with the crosses O’Donnell provides and Clare can’t defend, and for a defender that’s a pretty important part of the job.

Fair enough though.  Covered at Right back, maybe?  There’s a reason the defence is utter pap at the moment in the team bottom of the table, madness to say the best Scottish right back in the league isn’t good enough in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Here we go again. The eagerness of supposed Hearts fans to talk down our own players, in this case one of our most consistent. O’Donnell could easily end up in league one like many better players from scotland recently - at sunderland, for example.

As others have said the RB position is way down our list of priorities.

I said mid table league one.  You said O’Donnell will go to a similar level.  Sunderland isn’t that level.

You might not have noticed, but the squad of players you have said numerous times is the best outside Glasgow is bottom of the table scraping draws with Hamilton with ten men yesterday.  

Let’s talk up the players then.  Because that method certainly works doesn’t it? 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

covered at RB right now.

Mmm, quite an eye opener.  I’m not even talking about the comparison with O’Donnell.

I think we have got to open our eyes a lot wider. Smith is dependable but we need more. We need more specific, telling traits in the side. Smith’s deliveries are average and inconsistent, he rarely overlaps and rarely see him in the last 18 yards ready to deliver.  

He’s a competitor, will give you his all but to me that’s a basic anyway.  He’s better at CH when he covers, imo.  

Clare has played well recently and now being hailed by some as transformed. For me, he’s only showing the correct input he should’ve been showing ages ago. He’s scored some nice goals and worked hard to help the side but deep down do you think he’s one that’ll keep playing his part to save this team?  Something still doesn’t sit right with me.

Imo, Brandon will never be good enough. 

cardboardcutout
13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What a shite generalisation and offensively untrue.

Aye it’s based on nothing and we’ve never had or known about any northern Irish players who support the old firm! 😀

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Mmm, quite an eye opener.  I’m not even talking about the comparison with O’Donnell.

I think we have got to open our eyes a lot wider. Smith is dependable but we need more. We need more specific, telling traits in the side. Smith’s deliveries are average and inconsistent, he rarely overlaps and rarely see him in the last 18 yards ready to deliver.  

He’s a competitor, will give you his all but to me that’s a basic anyway.  He’s better at CH when he covers, imo.  

Clare has played well recently and now being hailed by some as transformed. For me, he’s only showing the correct input he should’ve been showing ages ago. He’s scored some nice goals and worked hard to help the side but deep down do you think he’s one that’ll keep playing his part to save this team?  Something still doesn’t sit right with me.

Imo, Brandon will never be good enough. 

We can always find better players for every position and if we had unlimited resources we could but RB is the least of our worries.

Goalie, central mid, winger and maybe striker and CB are all much higher priorities.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Aye it’s based on nothing and we’ve never had or known about any northern Irish players who support the old firm! 😀

So which member of the Old Firm do I really support then?

cardboardcutout
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So which member of the Old Firm do I really support then?

Dunno are you the atypical northern Irish footballer that always wanted to play for hearts?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Dunno are you the atypical northern Irish footballer that always wanted to play for hearts?

How many Northern Irish footballers do you know?

If you recall in Levein's first spell, we actually played a testimonial at Ballymena for one who is a Hearts supporter, just as an example.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I don't think he's better than what we've got tbh. Would rather we strengthen elsewhere first.

Where other than goalkeeper do we need to strengthen before the defence?? We've scored 7 goals in the last three league games and came away with only two points......why?? Because our defence helped by an inept goalkeeper has shipped 8 in the same 3 games. Defence is definitely where we need to strengthen. 

17 minutes ago, dougal said:

Where other than goalkeeper do we need to strengthen before the defence?? We've scored 7 goals in the last three league games and came away with only two points......why?? Because our defence helped by an inept goalkeeper has shipped 8 in the same 3 games. Defence is definitely where we need to strengthen. 

Centre midfield and centre back and left back. Right back...not so much. As per previous post 👍

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Absolutely. Levein seemed to prefer total punts, rather than Scottish players who know the Scottish game 

We Certainly could do with a few players who know the league. 
Guys like Murphy, Docherty and Jones at Rangers would definitely improve us. 
O’Donnell at Killie is another. 
Craig Gordon back for next season in goals. 
These types of players would definitely help us if we stay up that is. 

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Quality player but no doubt ceptic minded 

He very much is Celtic minded. Attended a catholic primary school in Wishaw. Met him a couple of weeks ago.