Season Ticket Prices 2020/21

Jodami

What if the club decide to gamble on promotion in 1 season by keeping better paid players, reduced ST prices isn't going to pay for that but then the numbers will drop, difficult one for the club. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• The Real Maroonblood

• davemclaren

• Boab

iwasthere1954
18 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

I imagine they will be working on prices for both eventualities. 

Club should wait until we know either way before realising pricing. If they don’t knock at least £75 off the cost of a season ticket for the Championship I think a lot of people won’t bother. Would anticipate we would drop to about 10K season tickets if we are in the Championship. 

If they have the brass neck to keep Prem pricing could genuinely be as low as 7K.

Hibs kept their season ticket prices at Premier League prices for three seasons in the Championship. They didn't lose that many punters. 

17 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Hibs kept their season ticket prices at Premier League prices for three seasons in the Championship. They didn't lose that many punters. 

Hibs average attendances dropped to around 10k and 9k. It was only the season they won the Championship, boosted by having won the cup that they rose to 15k.

That cup win saved them.

GorgieFifeLife
11 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not a chance. 12k minimum mate.

Absolutely no chance. After this season we would be lucky to get that if we stayed up.

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Absolutely no chance. After this season we would be lucky to get that if we stayed up.

Vermin or Troll?

Don’t judge the Hearts home support as being akin to the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen, thanks.

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Whatever said:

Vermin or Troll?

Don’t judge the Hearts home support as being akin to the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen, thanks.

Get a grip of yourself.

Theres no way after a long period of mismanagement that we are going to sell 12k season tickets in a league with no attractive games.

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Get a grip of yourself.

Theres no way after a long period of mismanagement that we are going to sell 12k season tickets in a league with no attractive games.

Says you.

Fortunately Hearts fans are made of more sterner stuff.

Weakened Offender
17 hours ago, Gambo said:

Attendances would be fine in Championship, people will turn up to watch winning team.

Admire your optimism there, chief. 😁

18 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

if we go down I think there will be a serious loss of revenue. Going to watch games against the likes of Alloa, Arbroath, Morton, Ayr etc has absolutely no appeal to me this time round

As opposed to ... Ross County, Livingston, Hamilton and St Mirren?

Our following away will go up, btw, and with fewer dips**ts in it

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Absolutely every chance. Laughable to think otherwise.

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Vermin or Troll?

This. If, and its still an if, we drop down, as fans we will on the whole embrace the situation and do what we can to get ourselves back up to the top flight.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

This...totally.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This. If, and its still an if, we drop down, as fans we will on the whole embrace the situation and do what we can to get ourselves back up to the top flight.

Budge away, Levein and Macphee away. Fan ownership and an assault on the Championship to look forward to. I’d be more likely to renew if we were relegated tbh 🤣.

Either way I’m confident we’d sell as many as we did this season with Levein as gaffer.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Well said mate, now I am no more a better supporter than most but I will still get my ST for next year regardless of where we are. After all it's my team and that's what you do. HHGH!!

Last time we were in the Championship, our average home league attendance was 15,689.

And before anyone wets their pants, that’s with the sevco and Hibs attendances removed !

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, micole said:

Well said mate, now I am no more a better supporter than most but I will still get my ST for next year regardless of where we are. After all it's my team and that's what you do. HHGH!!

Exactly. We'll support you EVERMORE!!!

13 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Of course relegation would be a disaster but in terms of away games I'd really only miss Easter Road but would look forward to Ayr, QoS, Arbroath, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy and even Greenock.

Fair play to the guys that go to Ibrox and Celtic Park but I'm not sure it would bother me never to step inside them or the 'away' experience ever again.

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Boab said:

Last time we were in the Championship, our average home league attendance was 15,689.

And before anyone wets their pants, that’s with the sevco and Hibs attendances removed !

Stop it, just stop it.

Coming on here with your factual facts!!!!

FTH

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Of course relegation would be a disaster but in terms of away games I'd really only miss Easter Road but would look forward to Ayr, QoS, Arbroath, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy and even Greenock.

Fair play to the guys that go to Ibrox and Celtic Park but I'm not sure it would bother me never to step inside them or the 'away' experience ever again.

I genuinely dont see relegation as a disaster. I see it simply at the other end of the footballing spectrum to winning cups. Its simply something that can and does happen. Maybe it would feel different if we hadnt bounced straight back up last time.

Not much in standard between bottom 8 of top flight and top 6 of championship.

We will survive!!

With little or no contingency plans for relegation it's unlikely our top earners will have clauses in their contracts for wage reductions should we go down. Naismith/Washington/ Walker/Berra are at the high end of our budget, and I imagine many pledgers will stop their donations after the handover, so I can't imagine a reduction in season ticket charges.

Edited by Section Q

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

With little or no contingency plans for relegation it's unlikely our top earners will have clauses in their contracts for wage reductions should we go down. Naismith/Washington/ Walker/Berra are at the high end of our budget, and I imagine many pledgers will stop their donations after the handover, so I can't imagine a reduction in season ticket charges.

Why will many pledgers stop donating??

Genuinely dont know anyone that intends to stop.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why will many pledgers stop donating??

Genuinely dont know anyone that intends to stop.

I do...

GorgieFifeLife

Some worrying posts on here from some deluded into thinking relegation is anything other than a disaster. Our best players will be gone. Stendel will likely move on and we will be starting from scratch yet again. Fair enough referencing our attendances last time in the Championship but it's a different set of circumstances. People are annoyed with how we are being mismanaged and wont keep pumping money in when they continually see this.  For a club with our budget to be relegated is unacceptable and is comedy gold for our detractors.  The blame lies solely at Mrs Budge's door and she will in the end be moved on if relegation comes to pass.

Every single year...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Now, let's get serious, I think we'll only sell about 84 season tickets when we go down.

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Some worrying posts on here from some deluded into thinking relegation is anything other than a disaster. Our best players will be gone. Stendel will likely move on and we will be starting from scratch yet again. Fair enough referencing our attendances last time in the Championship but it's a different set of circumstances. People are annoyed with how we are being mismanaged and wont keep pumping money in when they continually see this.  For a club with our budget to be relegated is unacceptable and is comedy gold for our detractors.  The blame lies solely at Mrs Budge's door and she will in the end be moved on if relegation comes to pass.

Agreed. Its unacceptable to get relegated with the budget we have. The blame does lie with Budge for failing to remove Levein.

A disaster....nah. we'll move forward as a club.

Jambof3tornado
54 minutes ago, Section Q said:

You think we have no plans in place for relegation?? Really??

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

This is said every year when the STs sales are on the horizon and every year the ridiculous predictions like 7K are, rightly, ridiculed.

No one is saying possible relegation won’t have an impact but, as the last three years have shown, the supporters will still turn out and will turn out in similar numbers if the worst does happen.

Our detractors are mainly, Hibs and they goons can only dream of a support like ours.

Substitute us for them right now and tell me I’m wrong.

Edited by Boab

19 hours ago, Gambo said:

Attendances would be fine in Championship, people will turn up to watch winning team.

I love your confidence that we would have a winning team.

30 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You think we have no plans in place for relegation?? Really??

That's not what I said mate. Read the post again....!

portobellojambo1

There was a thread on here a few days ago about a meeting at Tynecastle by all accounts. However, the gist of that thread, from the very limited information on offer went along the lines of possibly finding out if Stendel would still be manager. I don't think for a minute that was the case but maybe there was a meeting took place, and maybe, just maybe, it was to give consideration to where we will be playing next season, and what the pricing structure would be. I've just glanced through the thread and I'm one of those who believes it is the sort of problem that shouldn't come about, i.e. when you are having a season like this you then put ST's on sale before you know where you are going to be playing your football. Clubs should budget from the start to the end of the season, things like possible income from cup competitions are already taken into account as far as I am aware, the league we will be playing in should also be taken into account,  but knowing that is, like the cup runs, an uncertainty at this time. The club could put season tickets on sale just now but take no money until after the season ends, i.e. set sales up with two prices and giving people the option of making two choices, those being they will renew come what may or will only renew if we are still in the top division. Personally I still hope we will be in the top division, there are still 11 league games to be played. To me there are three teams involved in the final outcome, St Mirren, Hamilton and ourselves. 1 will definitely stay up, one will go into a play off and one will be relegated. We've drawn to Hamilton at the weekend and this coming Friday will help show if the present group of players have the balls and the desire to stand up and be counted and make sure position 10, or above, is where we finish.

Edited by portobellojambo1

21 hours ago, rick witter said:

If we are in the championship the number of season ticket holders will drop considerably and we will be playing to 11/12 thousand crowds maximum every week. 
There would be no need for a season ticket as you could just buy the cheapest ticket and sit anywhere you like. There will be thousands of seats to chose from. 

Yes, this happened the last time Hearts were down with Rangers and Hibs....  These games were sell outs but there was often games against lesser teams you could just move seats

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

I think the pledgers will generally continue to contribute....    But there will be a small 2000 or 3000 STs who will initially choose their games..  But may later revert back to ST.

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

There was a thread on here a few days ago about a meeting at Tynecastle by all accounts. However, the gist of that thread, from the very limited information on offer went along the lines of possibly finding out if Stendel would still be manager. I don't think for a minute that was the case but maybe there was a meeting took place, and maybe, just maybe, it was to give consideration to where we will be playing next season, and what the pricing structure would be. I've just glanced through the thread and I'm one of those who believes it is the sort of problem that shouldn't come about, i.e. when you are having a season like this you then put ST's on sale before you know where you are going to be playing your football. Clubs should budget from the start to the end of the season, things like possible income from cup competitions are already taken into account as far as I am aware, the league we will be playing in should also be taken into account,  but knowing that is, like the cup runs, an uncertainty at this time. The club could put season tickets on sale just now but take no money until after the season ends, i.e. set sales up with two prices and giving people the option of making two choices, those being they will renew come what may or will only renew if we are still in the top division. Personally I still hope we will be in the top division, there are still 11 league games to be played. To me there are three teams involved in the final outcome, St Mirren, Hamilton and ourselves. 1 will definitely stay up, one will go into a play off and one will be relegated. We've drawn to Hamilton at the weekend and this coming Friday will help show if the present group of players have the balls and the desire to stand up and be counted and make sure position 10, or above, is where we finish.

Would need clarification, mate, but I’m sure we were selling STs before we were mathematically down last time. Seem to remember a hullabaloo at the time.

Anyone ?

loveofthegame
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Absolutely every chance. Laughable to think otherwise.

We'd see a big drop off IMO. I for one wouldn't renew without serious, serious changes at all levels of the club. I refuse to back a regime that has allowed Hearts to be relegated IF that is the outcome of this season. It is incomprehensible that Hearts should be relegated from the top league when on a level playing field (i.e. no points deduction as per 2013/14). Those at the top clearly think there is no issue so long as we pump our cash in - Budge has publicly said as much. So this would be a step too far for me.

I've been a ST holder since I was 5 btw and am now 32. That is a long run. But relegation in the present circumstances would be a step too far. I'd continue to go when I felt like it (not like there will be any issues getting tickets) but would focus more on away days with mates than home fixtures probably.

Anyway, this is all worst case scenario.... hopefully it never comes to this.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

I’m sure I saw Ann Budge quoted recently as saying that the playing staff have a relegation clause in their contracts that would reduce their wages.
She maybe didn’t say all of them though.

Once bonuses were paid in the event of promotion, they would probably get close to the current income anyway.

It is ridiculous that we have been allowed to drift into this situation, where we have to consider future attendances and wages due to a possible relegation.

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Wouldn’t a lot of the away games be 7.45pm on a Friday due to that being the BBC’s timeslot? 

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

We'd see a big drop off IMO. I for one wouldn't renew without serious, serious changes at all levels of the club. I refuse to back a regime that has allowed Hearts to be relegated IF that is the outcome of this season. It is incomprehensible that Hearts should be relegated from the top league when on a level playing field (i.e. no points deduction as per 2013/14). Those at the top clearly think there is no issue so long as we pump our cash in - Budge has publicly said as much. So this would be a step too far for me.

I've been a ST holder since I was 5 btw and am now 32. That is a long run. But relegation in the present circumstances would be a step too far. I'd continue to go when I felt like it (not like there will be any issues getting tickets) but would focus more on away days with mates than home fixtures probably.

Anyway, this is all worst case scenario.... hopefully it never comes to this.

Craig Levein made me fall out of love with Hearts. I refused to go to away matches. I hated myself for it. 

I could never walk away completely. When Stendel was appointed I was very happy and he'll get my full support no matter what this season.

Not down yet and the Hearts way is the hard way. I just hope the players appreciate what the fans are going through.

11 minutes ago, JCR said:

Wouldn’t a lot of the away games be 7.45pm on a Friday due to that being the BBC’s timeslot? 

Burst my small amount of positive energy why don't you....

On 16/02/2020 at 15:27, rick witter said:

If we are in the championship the number of season ticket holders will drop considerably and we will be playing to 11/12 thousand crowds maximum every week. 
There would be no need for a season ticket as you could just buy the cheapest ticket and sit anywhere you like. There will be thousands of seats to chose from. 

That's a Hibs fan attitude. 

Anyway if crowds are as low as you think the Roseburn Stand would be shut and if the Gorgie stand is designated as a family stand the cheapest bronze seats are likely to be made up of ST holders. Your options to cheat the club would be limited. 

If we go down, and it's still a big if, I'd be happy if they kept season tickets the same price as this year.

There would be no Cat A games but we would have a lot more Saturday 3pm kick offs and as has been said already last time we were down attendances remained good because people will turn up to see a winning team

4 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Little or NO contingency plans??

That's right well done. At the last AGM Budge said she didn't have one. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. Is your brain starting to hurt now.....?   😁😁

Jambof3tornado
36 minutes ago, bean counter said:

If we go down, and it's still a big if, I'd be happy if they kept season tickets the same price as this year.

There would be no Cat A games but we would have a lot more Saturday 3pm kick offs and as has been said already last time we were down attendances remained good because people will turn up to see a winning team

We paid the £100 3 season ago to freeze the price. Thats gone now so expecting a bit of a jump!!

2 hours ago, bean counter said:

Dream on , nearly everyone of our games would be on Friday nights at 7pm on the BBC Scotland channel , lol 

7 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Who are these best players you speak of  ? 

I can only think of 3 or 4 max i would be gutted to see go tbh and as for the manager , if he takes us down so be it as his record will have continued to be horrendous. 

Edited by ramrod

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

That's a Hibs fan attitude. 

Anyway if crowds are as low as you think the Roseburn Stand would be shut and if the Gorgie stand is designated as a family stand the cheapest bronze seats are likely to be made up of ST holders. Your options to cheat the club would be limited. 

A Hibs fans attitude???? 
Is that what they do I take it? 
There will be 17000 approx  available seats if the Roseburn is shut. Say we do extremely well and get 12,000 season ticket holders (which we won’t) there are still thousands of seats to choose from would you agree??