Season Ticket Prices 2020/21

Jodami

Going on past evidence season tickets will be on sale soon for next season. Parking the fact that the team have been appalling for over a year now can the club justify setting the same price for Premier League and Championship football? Will the uncertainty over this delay tickets going on sale, it's a very tricky one for the club to assess.

I know there are many people in the "I will buy one anyway camp" but the club needs to look farther than this as the guaranteed income of season tickets is so vital. What do people think the club should do? 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• The Real Maroonblood

• davemclaren

• Section Q

If we go go down, we’ll have no derbies or games against the Old Firm to bump up the cost.

The club would have a serious brass neck to be charging anything close to what they are at the moment.

Didn’t go on sale until end of March last year. That’s still another 6 weeks away. Landscape could be a lot different (or a lot clearer). Right now the club should wait and see on the season ticket issue...

GorgieFifeLife

A lot of fans backed club last time in Championship as we were in transition but this time we are being poorly run and I see season tickets dropping like a stone in Championship to around 7k.

6 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

A lot of fans backed club last time in Championship as we were in transition but this time we are being poorly run and I see season tickets dropping like a stone in Championship to around 7k.

don't think it will go that low but I think a lot of fans will not renew and it's likely to go below 10,000  especially as there will not be any 'attractive' games this time round

12 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

don't think it will go that low but I think a lot of fans will not renew and it's likely to go below 10,000  especially as there will not be any 'attractive' games this time round

Think there will be a big drop. Last time fans united behind a cause after administration etc. They also saw the progression of an exciting group of youngsters. This time fans are so ****ed off with almost every aspect of the club.

Let's just hope we don't have to find out.

As always, people will be pleasantly surprised by the numbers. Only a prediction but one made going on previous. Best not to say numbers like 7K because it won’t be that. 
Tough one for the club as I can see this fight going to the finish.

SectionDJambo

Quite simply, Hearts cannot sell season tickets for 20/21 until we know which division we will be in. That is nobody else’s fault but Hearts themselves.

That could be the end of May or into June. In my opinion, we shouldn’t be selling season tickets until the close season anyway. That’s the way it used to be. The habit of teams selling early started as a means to get money in early due to poor budgeting of the season that was running.

All clubs are doing is creating a cash flow solution which hits the following season’s cash flow. That isn’t good business practice.

Fort Vallance
58 minutes ago, Zaba said:

If we go go down, we’ll have no derbies or games against the Old Firm to bump up the cost.

The club would have a serious brass neck to be charging anything close to what they are at the moment.

Unfortunately the other side of that coin is the loss of revenue with no derbies etc. has to be recovered from somewhere.

17 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Unfortunately the other side of that coin is the loss of revenue with no derbies etc. has to be recovered from somewhere.

if we go down I think there will be a serious loss of revenue. Going to watch games against the likes of Alloa, Arbroath, Morton, Ayr etc has absolutely no appeal to me this time round

If we are in the championship the number of season ticket holders will drop considerably and we will be playing to 11/12 thousand crowds maximum every week. 
There would be no need for a season ticket as you could just buy the cheapest ticket and sit anywhere you like. There will be thousands of seats to chose from. 

I imagine they will be working on prices for both eventualities. 

Club should wait until we know either way before realising pricing. If they don’t knock at least £75 off the cost of a season ticket for the Championship I think a lot of people won’t bother. Would anticipate we would drop to about 10K season tickets if we are in the Championship. 

If they have the brass neck to keep Prem pricing could genuinely be as low as 7K.

11 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I imagine they will be working on prices for both eventualities. 

Club should wait until we know either way before realising pricing. If they don’t knock at least £75 off the cost of a season ticket for the Championship I think a lot of people won’t bother. Would anticipate we would drop to about 10K season tickets if we are in the Championship. 

If they have the brass neck to keep Prem pricing could genuinely be as low as 7K.

Yeah completely agree with this. I’ll likely renew but if it’s prem prices after the nonsense couple years we’ve had after being relegated, there will be lots that don’t and honestly it’s difficult to criticise that choice.

Just now, Gambo said:

Attendances would be fine in Championship, people will turn up to watch winning team.

This.

Average attendances won't drop that much if we go down.

13-14k average at least.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Attendances would be fine in Championship, people will turn up to watch winning team.

That's probably true as the season progresses but trying to convince fans to stump up 300 quid plus on the back of relegation could be a massive problem initially. 

6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

This.

Average attendances won't drop that much if we go down.

13-14k average at least.

It’s the second season in the Championship when attendances really drop. 

2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

7k 😂😂

Doubt I would renew for the reason stated above that there will be no problem getting a ticket either home or away.  Unless the ST price reflects the lack of 'glamour games' v the uglies, hobos and sheep then I might consider keeping my seat.  More likely to pick and choose games I go to and bump up my FoH pledge instead

Going down to a really duff championship would be potentially the tipping point for me. On a pension. Travelling from Tayside. The optimism of the recent recovery completely shattered. I wonder if the final insult could be playing Hibs youth team in the diddy diddy cup or would we be spared that?

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Quite simply, Hearts cannot sell season tickets for 20/21 until we know which division we will be in. That is nobody else’s fault but Hearts themselves.

That could be the end of May or into June. In my opinion, we shouldn’t be selling season tickets until the close season anyway. That’s the way it used to be. The habit of teams selling early started as a means to get money in early due to poor budgeting of the season that was running.

All clubs are doing is creating a cash flow solution which hits the following season’s cash flow. That isn’t good business practice.

Not really.  Some clubs do put season tickets on sale early because they need to get money in to get them to the end of the season, and that can then lead to them having to continually put them on sale early, but it's also very sensible to put them on sale well before the current season ends, even if the club doesn't need to get money in quickly, because getting a clearer view of sales levels gives the club a clearer view of what budget it can sensibly set for the following season, and therefore of what business it can afford to do in the summer transfer window.  Waiting until this season is over before even putting season tickets on sale would, under any 'normal' circumstances, actually be crazy and terrible business practice.  Unfortunately, our current position might make doing just that necessary.

If we stay up, I would guess there will be a drop assuming the gold and platinum prices remain the same. £500 for potentially another year of this is a big ask. 

Just now, JCR said:

If we stay up, I would guess there will be a drop assuming the gold and platinum prices remain the same. £500 for potentially another year of this is a big ask. 

A good point.

Surviving is essential but numbers won’t rise because of it.

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Not really.  Some clubs do put season tickets on sale early because they need to get money in to get them to the end of the season, and that can then lead to them having to continually put them on sale early, but it's also very sensible to put them on sale well before the current season ends, even if the club doesn't need to get money in quickly, because getting a clearer view of sales levels gives the club a clearer view of what budget it can sensibly set for the following season, and therefore of what business it can afford to do in the summer transfer window.  Waiting until this season is over before even putting season tickets on sale would, under any 'normal' circumstances, actually be crazy and terrible business practice.  Unfortunately, our current position might make doing just that necessary.

True

Although a club like Hearts should have an idea, within certain expectations, of how many seats they should sell in a worst case scenario. We have tended to bring players in later rather than sooner recently as well. The doubt about which division we will be in will cause delays this time. Not just for pricing but also the calibre of player we can bring in.

It would be surprising if a lot of clubs didn’t use the money earlier than they should to bridge expenses of the current season. Under the old regime we were certainly guilty of this.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sick of the toxic atmosphere myself. Travelling each week,  if we go down reckon I will pick and choose games. 

Doubt the price will be right to be honest 

If we go down it will be in the region of a £2m to £2.5m drop in income across TV/league placing money, dropped ticket income  and lost hospitality sales. There are also likely to be clauses in sponsor contracts that lead to reductions for playing in the Championship for a club like Hearts.

FoH directors need to be on the ball at HMFC Board level if this is the case. They will have to be steering a new Recovery plan. They should be considering a list of possible new CEOs as we speak.

1 minute ago, eyesandears said:

If we go down it will be in the region of a £2m to £2.5m drop in income across TV/league placing money, dropped ticket income  and lost hospitality sales. There are also likely to be clauses in sponsor contracts that lead to reductions for playing in the Championship for a club like Hearts.

FoH directors need to be on the ball at HMFC Board level if this is the case. They will have to be steering a new Recovery plan. They should be considering a list of possible new CEOs as we speak.

What’s a Scottish Football CEO salary these days? £150k perhsps?

Just now, davemclaren said:

What’s a Scottish Football CEO salary these days? £150k perhsps?

I'd say £80k - £100k in Premiership (exc Old Firm). £40k - £60k in Championship.

1 minute ago, eyesandears said:

I'd say £80k - £100k in Premiership (exc Old Firm). £40k - £60k in Championship.

I think it will be more than that in the Premiership which is what we would have to pay if we want the right calibre of person. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I think it will be more than that in the Premiership which is what we would have to pay if we want the right calibre of person. 

May be for a club our size. Although i think it would be money well spent. For all her pluses she has made a lot of very costly mistakes. She could stay on as chairman but as long as she'd relinquish control of the day to day stuff. That way we'd get the best of her contacts but someone else could get their sleeves rolled up and lead the club to better things especially in recruitment and guiding the football department.

7 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

May be for a club our size. Although i think it would be money well spent. For all her pluses she has made a lot of very costly mistakes. She could stay on as chairman but as long as she'd relinquish control of the day to day stuff. That way we'd get the best of her contacts but someone else could get their sleeves rolled up and lead the club to better things especially in recruitment and guiding the football department.

Isn’t that what a Sporting director would do? If we get relegated I doubt we could afford both. 

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Our main  sponsors are our benefactors

If it’s championship football, I’d go for 20 a match x18 matches minus a few games to represent a saving so about 300 each. Either way I don’t think we’ll be selling as many at the same price so a cut would at least incentivise those who are thinking twice

5 hours ago, rick witter said:

If we are in the championship the number of season ticket holders will drop considerably and we will be playing to 11/12 thousand crowds maximum every week. 
There would be no need for a season ticket as you could just buy the cheapest ticket and sit anywhere you like. There will be thousands of seats to chose from. 

This completely. There’s no danger I’ll be paying £400 to watch Dick ****ing Campbell manage a team against us at Home.  

4 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

7k 😂😂

You think the club will be shown any goodwill if they go down with this squad/budget?  

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Not a chance. 12k minimum mate.

Relegation really would be catastrophic. Last time around we took Hibs down with us to keep us company, Rangers came up and the Championship had more of Scotland’s top teams in it than the Premiership. This time around with Dundee United going up we wouldn’t have any many or any decent fixtures to look forward to. Massive drop in season ticket sales and I think a lot of cancelled FOH subscriptions. That’s not even looking at the loss in revenue from TV money and the massive away crowds that Hibs,  Rangers and Celtic bring.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Whatever the cost is,I will pay.Unfortunately I work shifts and maybe make 6,7 or 8 home games a season.It's a investment,money to the club and I give my ticket away to mates free gratis.

Walk up prices would have to drastically reduce as well. £34 for platinum seats for the hamilton game was rediculous enough but I can't see many people paying anywhere near that for Morton, arbroath etc.

Relegation doesn't bear thinking about, with the amount of money we would lose.

Edited by Paulp74

4 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

If it’s championship football, I’d go for 20 a match x18 matches minus a few games to represent a saving so about 300 each. Either way I don’t think we’ll be selling as many at the same price so a cut would at least incentivise those who are thinking twice

- Here is the Dundee United season ticket package they announced last year before the season end.  If you want a ticket in the George Fox Upper for their next home game against ICT an adult one appears to come in at £24

Screenshot%202019-04-30%2010.18.57.png

Many thanks to everyone who has posted. Chatting about this with my son today and both of us questioning whether getting a season ticket in the Championship is what we would choose to do next season. On one hand I have a good seat with great people around me but on the other with my FoH subscription I am paying a grand to watch players who are a disgrace to the jersey. I can't remember feeling such little engagement with a team who frankly seem to care little for the club. 

Good chance we may consider spending a season trying to visit every ground in Scotland we haven't been to. Watching the team right now is utterly miserable. 

Tbh, pricing aside - if anyone wouldn’t renew if the worst happens, why?

You’re a Hearts supporter, why does it matter who the opposition is? Do you only have one currently to watch Celtic/Rangers/Hibs etc? Surely the idea is to continue supporting the club and ensure we were promoted again at the first opportunity.

24 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

You’re a Hearts supporter, why does it matter who the opposition is? Do you only have one currently to watch Celtic/Rangers/Hibs etc? Surely the idea is to continue supporting the club and ensure we were promoted again at the first opportunity.

It's the 64 thousand dollar question when it comes down to it. I love the club, have had a season ticket for many years (the last 9 with my son) and have contributed to FoH from the start to make sure we survived. 

But it is utterly miserable watching this group of players. They really don't give a **** and it shows. On purely football matters the administration side of the club has been shambolic, mistake after mistake culminating in a team who have not had a reasonable keeper for an entire season. It is pathetic and you get the distinct impression they take ordinary fans for granted.

Taking a break for a season is understandable in my opinion. 

Edited by Jodami

9 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

if we go down I think there will be a serious loss of revenue. Going to watch games against the likes of Alloa, Arbroath, Morton, Ayr etc has absolutely no appeal to me this time round

Sky Sports for you then. Bye!

Don’t see how they can possibly sell until we know what league we’ll be in.

Be buying one regardless which, apparently makes me part of the problem 

7 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

exactly.

however there would be a fair few who would just pay on the day and those who prefer the meatier premier league fixtures . There would undoubtedly be a drop. I’d say probably by 15-20 % But a whole lot depends on the price.  
We will buy but can’t see us running along to make KO from the pub with such enthusiasm 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Selkirkhmfc1874

The longer we're in this position I just wonder if we'll have cash problems towards the end of the season because recently we've been selling season tickets couple months before the season ends ? Regardless I'll be buying season tickets for myself and my 2 kids as always have and always will.