Craig Halkett

The White Cockade

8 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Said it before, he’s our best striker. Absolutely lethal in the box and the only player we’ve got that knows how to attack a cross. Pity he can’t attack crosses with the same vigour at the other end of the park.

Certainly wins more headers when attacking ! 

Have to change the system on Friday night. Already said in the past Halkett is would be better in front of a back four where he can link midfield to front or even be played as a striker given that's where he started his career. Souttar is dire but we lack any centre-halves so has to be played.  Noticed that yet again their first goal came from our defensive right side yet Smith is still deployed in midfield. Clare had too much running back to do again and not for the first time. We should be using Dikamona in his natural position as a right sided centre-half, his natural position. To hell with this system that's cost us thirteen goals in four games. What is it going to take for Stendel to identify what a lot of fans have as well as every opposition team we've played recently. Every commentator and pundit can see and have said exactly where the problems come from the same as the fans and opposition do. Try four at the back against St Mirren and if it works, use it.  Zlamal, Smith, Dikamona, Souttar, Hickey across the back, Clare, Halkett, Sibbick, Walker across the middle with Naismith and Boyce up front. If things need changing then Halkett can either drop back into defence and change to a back three or go up top and play as a striker. And where is Damour!? This joker should be getting trained to death to get him in the team. He's here for a few years so he needs to be taken aside and sorted out. Big wage, zilch contribution.

Edited by jambonian

The Treasurer

Noticed Halkett is the latest player bumping his gums in the press about "next game a cup final", "players know whats at stake" etc etc.

Not having a go at him in particular but I wish the players would just shut TF up and do their talking on the pitch

14 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

I think he’d be worth a shot in holding midfield. Swap with Smith. 

I've suggested this before with Dikamona and Souttar in CD - at least while Sibbick is out.  Halkett's lack of pace and his aerial weakness would be less exposed than at the back - and he's capable of producing a goal or two.  Smith could then return to RB

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Noticed Halkett is the latest player bumping his gums in the press about "next game a cup final", "players know whats at stake" etc etc.

Not having a go at him in particular but I wish the players would just shut TF up and do their talking on the pitch

Not read his comments but strongly believe the players DO NOT know whats at stake. Interesting to see how many of them take a drop in wage if we go down and hang on to fight for promotion.

Interesting thought. 

If Sibbeck is back fit again, Sibbeck into midfield to give us the holding player we need, Smith at centre half to organise and Halkett up front.

5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

He has to speak to the press, it's part of the job.

5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Agree with this, getting fed up reading the same rubbish from our players. 

The Treasurer
44 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He has to speak to the press, it's part of the job.

Actions speak louder than words.

They all come out with the same pish but their performances show that it's empty words

34 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Actions speak louder than words.

They all come out with the same pish but their performances show that it's empty words

What does he say then?

”Look pal, I’m only talking to you because my contract says I have to. I’m shite, teams shite, managers shite, the tea lady at riccarton is shite. A lassie I want to pump is free on Friday so I might just give the game a miss. Deh even like Hearts anyway, mon eh Rangers!”

Of course he doesn’t

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I've suggested this before with Dikamona and Souttar in CD - at least while Sibbick is out.  Halkett's lack of pace and his aerial weakness would be less exposed than at the back - and he's capable of producing a goal or two.  Smith could then return to RB

Yeah, think Smith is definitely required back in defence. He gives everything wherever he plays but his strength is defending and we’re chronic at that so seems the easy option.