Paisley on Friday

Sexton Hardcastle

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No-one knows the future but this will not be a 'W' on our form guide.

Tells us no one knows the future and proceeds to tell us it. :rofl:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Hearts1975

• Frankfurter

• Gabriel

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey

Sibbick

Irving

Washington

Naismith

Walker

Boyce

An interesting selection and I agree with the back line, but I'd be surprised if Clare were dropped completely. After Halkett, Clare has made the most league appearances under Stendel, only missing one fixture through suspension.

PaulHartley10
4 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

An interesting selection and I agree with the back line, but I'd be surprised if Clare were dropped completely. After Halkett, Clare has made the most league appearances under Stendel, only missing one fixture through suspension.

I think Smith is more solid defensively and isn't too shabby getting forward either. I think Clare would be a passenger in central midfield so that would leave the right or left of the 3 behind.

Clare is good running into space but I think our best chance of goals is cutting inside and linking with Naismith, which I don't fancy Clare doing.

Pick whatever 11 imposters you want. We are going down. This hasn't been days or weeks in the making, our poor form stretches back longer than I care to remember. We don't have the players who will roll up the sleeves and graft. F****** sick of it all.

5 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

I think Smith is more solid defensively and isn't too shabby getting forward either. I think Clare would be a passenger in central midfield so that would leave the right or left of the 3 behind.

Clare is good running into space but I think our best chance of goals is cutting inside and linking with Naismith, which I don't fancy Clare doing.

Don't disagree but I still don't see Stendel dropping Clare; I'm unconvinced he'd start with Washington either. Part of our problem is that we have been too prone to playing players out of position, but I think we've reached the stage where we need our best players in their best positions. Clare has arguably looked better playing there because he has the ball and play in front of him and isn't operating on the half turn in the middle, but perhaps having  had a run of games he is more confident and can now be pushed forward a little, particularly if he knows he has Smith covering. All of this is predicated on Sibbick recovering, of course.

id really like to see what we are like if we go a goal ahead, i think it would give us confidence in the system and we would keep on attacking, in all honesty i see us gifting more goals away and we will end up going cavalier and desperate trying to snatch a draw. HHGH.

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d be getting my wee nest of more experienced players together for a meeting and asking them to drag us out the shite.  

Fit them in, hand them the responsibility and barring injuries and suspensions, they play every week.  Too many changes in and out with laddies.  

Smith, Naismith, Boyce  Washington.

1 hour ago, daveyhmfc said:

Pick whatever 11 imposters you want. We are going down. This hasn't been days or weeks in the making, our poor form stretches back longer than I care to remember. We don't have the players who will roll up the sleeves and graft. F****** sick of it all.

KTF Davey , we have been through worse , unfortunately Daniels inheritance won’t be an overnight thing ,the next few weeks are very important obviously,

the team we support have rarely been easy going in my lifetime but you ,me and every real Hearts supporter are needed right now,

hopefully Friday is the turn,

hold your head up high [it annoys every hobo,being a bonus]KTF son👍

I’d stop farting about and go 4-4-2. Need a solid formation that players get. Stendel has got to get over himself and adapt to Scottish football. This isn’t the time for players to have to adapt to his style, his system, etc. Can do that next season 

1 hour ago, gordiegords said:

id really like to see what we are like if we go a goal ahead, i think it would give us confidence in the system and we would keep on attacking, in all honesty i see us gifting more goals away and we will end up going cavalier and desperate trying to snatch a draw. HHGH.

Sounds like the St Johnstone game.

19 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I’d stop farting about and go 4-4-2. Need a solid formation that players get. Stendel has got to get over himself and adapt to Scottish football. This isn’t the time for players to have to adapt to his style, his system, etc. Can do that next season 

This in spades. Said to my older brother last night, we need to get back to basics and become difficult to beat. Styles and philosophies can be put on the back burner for the remainder of the season.

Can't see us getting anything from this game based on yesterday's performance, particularly the complete shambles of the first 20 mins before the red.

3-0 St Mirren

Problem is I just can’t see how we are going to stop conceding goals. As a team we don’t seem to be learning. 

The only positive is that we are scoring goals, albeit it would be nice if we could do do without having to claw back a two/three goal lead.

Based on yesterday I can’t see us winning unless we change the Defence. Smith needs to move back and I think as a sweeper is the one that may help shore it up the most. 

I think after not winning yesterday we are struggling, if we don’t win on Friday I think it’s sealed, if we don’t beat the teams around us then we aren’t going to do enough to get out of trouble. 

Does anyone know if Clare has ever played CF ? , I just think he could do job there ? as ain’t bad in the air good feet and can score goals , him and Boyce upfront Naismith just behind them , just a thought 🤔

2 minutes ago, One five said:

Does anyone know if Clare has ever played CF ? , I just think he could do job there ? as ain’t bad in the air good feet and can score goals , him and Boyce upfront Naismith just behind them , just a thought 🤔

Yes.  When he first played for us.  Wasn't comfortable at all.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes.  When he first played for us.  Wasn't comfortable at all.

Ah ok can’t remember that oh well back to the drawing board !

Malinga the Swinga

For no tangible reasoning, I believe we will there and win 3-0. First half goals from Walker and Naismith before tying things up with third from Washington pate in second half.

7 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

We have to take the points through there. Don’t fancy a play off at all. We need to aim for 10th. Minimum

A play off would be Like Russian roulette the way we are playing 😖

Silver lining is that it’ll guarantee a full house which would help out our much needed coffers 

1 hour ago, One five said:

Is there any good parking near the ground anyone?

Yes a housing scheme at the back of the stadium. Plenty space there. There’s also a wee Industrial estate close by which won’t be in use on a Friday night 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Yes a housing scheme at the back of the stadium. Plenty space there. There’s also a wee Industrial estate clause by which won’t be in use on a Friday night 

Cool mate cheers for that 👍

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Our last league win against St Mirren away was in 2010 so don't know why anyone wouldn't be feeling optimistic :) 

That means we are going to get beat then if we have a poor record there. Same as Ibrox and Parkhead. Best just to roll over. 🙄

33 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Silver lining is that it’ll guarantee a full house which would help out our much needed coffers 

I think the gates are shared but based on last season difference between 10th and 11th is £62.5k so 25k @ £20 per ticket average as a guess minus costs.

Or would season tickets be valid?

Edit

From 2013-14 SPFL rule book.

- 15% of receipts retained by home club to cover expenses then 50% of remainder to be paid to away team within 7 days.

- Not be included in season tickets

- Minimum ticket price of £18 for an adult, £12 concessions.

Edited by DETTY29

queensferryjambo
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That means we are going to get beat then if we have a poor record there. Same as Ibrox and Parkhead. Best just to roll over. 🙄

It was just a joke thrown in among a pile of super negative posts, hence the smiley face.

Lighten up :)  

Come on hearts fans let’s turn paisley maroon get behind the boys they need us more than ever now let’s drag at liedown right back into the relegation battle. 

whatever division we are in at the end of the day we’ll support you ever more get behind this beautiful club 

3 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Come on hearts fans let’s turn paisley maroon get behind the boys they need us more than ever now let’s drag at liedown right back into the relegation battle. 

whatever division we are in at the end of the day we’ll support you ever more get behind this beautiful club 

Absolutely 👍

16 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think the gates are shared but based on last season difference between 10th and 11th is £62.5k so 25k @ £20 per ticket average as a guess minus costs.

Or would season tickets be valid?

Edit

From 2013-14 SPFL rule book.

- 15% of receipts retained by home club to cover expenses then 50% of remainder to be paid to away team within 7 days.

- Not be included in season tickets

- Minimum ticket price of £18 for an adult, £12 concessions.

Rule book I checked was dated 22 July 2019 so up to date info.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, One five said:

Is there any good parking near the ground anyone?

Ferguslie Park and Ride :look:

14 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

How you can be confident after today is beyond me. This team is utterly disgraceful and we’ve a manager who’s zero clue of our best eleven or a suitable system.

:spoton:

Be interesting to see how Stendel handles Langer's return to availability. Clare came straight back into the team after his suspension, but that red card was seen as taking one for the team. Not sure how other squad players will react if they see Langer brought straight back in after the stupidity of his dismissal.

AlphonseCapone
16 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Right, a real six pointer. A loss and were probably gubbed. A win and it’s in our hand. A draw and things are on the fence.

Somewhat confident we go and get a result. Today was far from ideal but had they not been given a two goal head start we would have won that. Hopefully the officiating is better on Friday night.

I will also put my neck on the line and say if we do win the whole support will be singing about a diamond and claiming souttar is worthy of a Scotland cap. We’re such a bunch of ****ing bitches.

Aye and if my Aunty had baws she'd be my uncle. 

8 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Be interesting to see how Stendel handles Langer's return to availability. Clare came straight back into the team after his suspension, but that red card was seen as taking one for the team. Not sure how other squad players will react if they see Langer brought straight back in after the stupidity of his dismissal.

Yeah I agree he shouldn’t get straight bk in the team but I thought the sending of was brilliant cos it was on the arrogant arse brown he gets away with challenges like that every week 

I think we'll win. 

I'd go, 

Bobby

Clare Souttar Smith Garrucio 

Sibbick  Irving 

Walker              Bozanic             

Boyce Naismith 

32 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Yeah I agree he shouldn’t get straight bk in the team but I thought the sending of was brilliant cos it was on the arrogant arse brown he gets away with challenges like that every week 

Wasn't really though considering Brown got straight back up and smiled.

27 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Wasn't really though considering Brown got straight back up and smiled.

The thing is if it had been the other way round Brown would have got a yellow or just a warning.

1 minute ago, One five said:

The thing is if it had been the other way round Brown would have got a yellow or just a warning.

There is that of course.

Or if a red, appealed and ridiculously overturned.