Paisley on Friday

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

Right, a real six pointer. A loss and were probably gubbed. A win and it’s in our hand. A draw and things are on the fence.

Somewhat confident we go and get a result. Today was far from ideal but had they not been given a two goal head start we would have won that. Hopefully the officiating is better on Friday night.

I will also put my neck on the line and say if we do win the whole support will be singing about a diamond and claiming souttar is worthy of a Scotland cap. We’re such a bunch of ****ing bitches.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Hearts1975

• Frankfurter

• Gabriel

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How you can be confident after today is beyond me. This team is utterly disgraceful and we’ve a manager who’s zero clue of our best eleven or a suitable system.

14 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

How you can be confident after today is beyond me. This team is utterly disgraceful and we’ve a manager who’s zero clue of our best eleven or a suitable system.

You could spend time on another ten threads right now discussing our doomsday scenario 

Right now I’m with the OP on this 100%. Win next week, and we still have a chance. It’s still very much in the balance. One thing I know is that we have had zero run of the green. One mistake costs us every single time. Law of averages suggest that, that has to change 

Do we need to perform better ? Sure as dammit we do 

Not arguing with some of the points you raise in your post (some, not all) but that said, we win next week we still have a chance.

That’s fact and not conjecture hence the thread is still very much worthy of debate 

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Not working on Friday, gonna see what is what regarding that

Not been to theirs since Love Street

We only get 1600 tickets for it, be aware it will probably sell out in advance 

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

It will.

I'm not the most positive of people but I can usually pull the odd positive out the bag even if scraping the barrel.

We don't even have a barrel.

fabienleclerq
5 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Somewhat confident we go and get a result. Today was far from ideal but had they not been given a two goal head start we would have won that. Hopefully the officiating is better on Friday night.

But we did give them a two goal start, we gave Killie three. Yesterday if that boy never got sent off we wouldn't have got a point at all. 

Jambof3tornado

I'll be there because its such a huge match.....but so was yesterday. Not confident our group of players has the baws to go and grab a game by the scruff of the neck.

A win could give us a wee boost, a defeat just cannot be considered.

Some players look like they think we'll magically get out of this situation.

Still a long way out, but Metoffice predicts yet another storm for that one. Got a suspicion our results will improve when the weather does. Hope it's not too late by then.

4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

You could spend time on another ten threads right now discussing our doomsday scenario 

Right now I’m with the OP on this 100%. Win next week, and we still have a chance. It’s still very much in the balance. One thing I know is that we have had zero run of the green. One mistake costs us every single time. Law of averages suggest that, that has to change 

Do we need to perform better ? Sure as dammit we do 

Not arguing with some of the points you raise in your post (some, not all) but that said, we win next week we still have a chance.

That’s fact and not conjecture hence the thread is still very much worthy of debate 

We used up all of our luck in one match at Falkirk. A game in which we should have conceded another 3 goals. 
We simply can’t defend properly St Mirren will score at least twice so we will not win the game and we are going down!!! 

Brauhauser2012

The team has an entitled mentality. The manager has tried to counter it but they are not listening and as he said the effort and body language was wrong.  Fully expect to be relegated.  The club is going through a metamorphosis and we will come back stronger than ever once the Levein taint has been fully cleansed.

Edited by Brauhauser2012

Give the Midden a 2 goal start before KO.

Then we can play 5 strikers from the start.

We're struggling to get draws in 60 minutes so let's go gung ho for the full 90.

Oh aye, forgot to add Craig Levein is a Jobby.

Edited by Bull's-eye

Can guarantee that their defence will be a thousand times more organised than ours and that their little foreign winger (Durmis?) will look like Lionel Messi compared to ours.

51 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We used up all of our luck in one match at Falkirk. A game in which we should have conceded another 3 goals. 
We simply can’t defend properly St Mirren will score at least twice so we will not win the game and we are going down!!! 

Don’t know in all honesty. Just got a sneaking feeling we will snatch a win. I know we are making mistakes and big ones at that, but that said, if we go there and win then we can still do it. We have to tighten at the back - that much is obvious 

If we don’t pick anything up through there it’s looking ominous for us, I’ll give u that 

55 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We rode our luck at Falkirk but had 3 or 4 clear cut chances to bury them yesterday in the 2nd half ... swings and roundabouts where luck is concerned 

Our situation is very fixable, the players just need to get over themselves and listen to Stendel. They think they're better than they are.

That said, we're definitely due some luck and if we keep going forward the way we have, we'll pick up points.  No better time to start than on Friday night in Paisley.

Needs to be remembered that St. Mirren will be playing Motherwell on Tuesday night and then us again on Friday night, so we should have a slight edge in terms of recovery time and fitness. Perhaps playing away will be less nerve-racking for players and fans alike.

1 hour ago, Frankfurter said:

Still a long way out, but Metoffice predicts yet another storm for that one. Got a suspicion our results will improve when the weather does. Hope it's not too late by then.

You mean in the summer? Close season?

Could be a good strategy to lower the loss percentage. 🤔😉

17 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

You mean in the summer? Close season?

Could be a good strategy to lower the loss percentage. 🤔😉

March can be quite nice. 🙏

43 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

If we don’t pick anything up through there it’s looking ominous for us, I’ll give u that 

Yeah, it would essentially be down to a straight fight with Hamilton for the playoff spot. And the playoff itself is probably little better than a fifty-fifty, with the opponent's confidence on a high after getting through the previous round(s).

12 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

Yeah, it would essentially be down to a straight fight with Hamilton for the playoff spot. And the playoff itself is probably little better than a fifty-fifty, with the opponent's confidence on a high after getting through the previous round(s).

We have to take the points through there. Don’t fancy a play off at all. We need to aim for 10th. Minimum

A play off would be Like Russian roulette the way we are playing 😖

32 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

We have to take the points through there. Don’t fancy a play off at all. We need to aim for 10th. Minimum

A play off would be Like Russian roulette the way we are playing 😖

Yep, looks like we’ll have a choice of whether we want Robbo or McPake to relegate us.  The wee team would spunk their load at the latter.

To be honest I cant see where the next win is coming from. I think maybe a draw but more likely another loss.

they play on Tuesday a cup replay so maybe tired ? Anything helps

6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Yep, looks like we’ll have a choice of whether we want Robbo or McPake to relegate us.

Berra as well. ☹️

19 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Yep, looks like we’ll have a choice of whether we want Robbo or McPake to relegate us.  The wee team would spunk their load at the latter.

True but history has taught us that where the wee teams concerned we will always have the last laugh. 

At least they won’t be spunking their load in their sister for a change.

MarkDevriesScores4

Considering st Mirren are one of 3 teams we have managed to beat this season, we need to pick up 3 points. We won’t take many from the others (Hamilton etc). Lose Friday and we are done.

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

True but history has taught us that where the wee teams concerned we will always have the last laugh. 

At least they won’t be spunking their load in their sister for a change.

Last laugh?  Nothing funny about us sitting 12th with as strong an available squad as we’ve had in over a year and with the 4th biggest budget in the league.  We’re a laughing stock, trust me.  The goodwill we had in 2014 will not be in play in 2020. 

I’d be getting my wee nest of more experienced players together for a meeting and asking them to drag us out the shite.  

Fit them in, hand them the responsibility and barring injuries and suspensions, they play every week.  Too many changes in and out with laddies.  

7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Last laugh?  Nothing funny about us sitting 12th with as strong an available squad as we’ve had in over a year and with the 4th biggest budget in the league.  We’re a laughing stock, trust me.  The goodwill we had in 2014 will not be in play in 2020. 

Mate. The day, regardless of where we are, in football terms, that I look at that shite, with any envy, whatsoever, is the day Ill give up on football, and for good 

You took that part of my post completely out of context 

7 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

So - no change from the last one...

Whilst it’s a massive game, I don’t think a draw or defeat decides our fate just yet.

This looks like going to the wire, win lose or draw on Friday.

18 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Whilst it’s a massive game, I don’t think a draw or defeat decides our fate just yet.

This looks like going to the wire, win lose or draw on Friday.

Totally agree with this 

St Mirren have a tougher run than we do, so we just need to make sure we are still there or thereabouts for the split. 

I don’t think we were awful yesterday considering the weather,  we are just gifting teams goals just now,  if somehow we can shore up the defence then I think we’ll be fine.  However playing Halkett and Souttar together probably isn’t the option, both need someone experienced and level headed playing alongside them,  I’d probably take Souttar out and put Smith into CB to try steady things a little. And the only reason I’d take out Souttar over Halkett is that Halkett is always good for the occasional goal, other than that defensively they have been equally as bad as each other. 

40 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

This is on tv isn't it? 

I want to believe this team can turn it around but I have absolutely no faith or trust in them. 

BT Sport are covering it.

Gonna be a tough match, hard to watch, but our luck has to change, surely.

Lose this and the gap would be 6 points, plus a game in hand, no way we'd make that up.

Hearts win or we're humped.

I reckon we are fighting St Mirren for bottom place. So a win is an absolute must. 

We also need to have a much more balanced team on the park. While the last few games (excluding Celtic) have been very exciting, we seriously lack a midfield presence. Can’t keep ending games with 6 up front tripping over each other.

Not a fan of Bozanic but our midfield needs bolstered.