• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy Brown

• RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

• Dayman

• Bull's-eye

Just now, Cruyff said:

Feckin hell. That goal was miles offside. First time I've seen it from that angle. 

I thought it was a cut back at the game. Seeing it again is gutting. The lack of luck worries me the most. It seems that we are destined to be relegated. How has the keeper saved from walker in the second half. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

I thought it was a cut back at the game. Seeing it again is gutting. The lack of luck worries me the most. It seems that we are destined to be relegated. How has the keeper saved from walker in the second half. 

Same, thought it was a square ball. He's about 3yards offside. Ridiculous call from the linesman. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Forget offside, first Halkett should have been busting a gut to cover the scorer (unless he thought the flag was going up) and second that was yet another turnover in midfield leading to a goal due to the high pressing that lets people run on to through balls virtually unopposed. On the upside, Walker's looking really dangerous when he plays.

Edited by ToqueJambo

:rofl:   I couldn’t tell from the Roseburn but seeing those highlights it proves what a wankstain the Wheatfield Stand linesman is after seeing back the opener...

We played really poorly, but have a look at all those chance we missed. Uche 2 chances, Naismith 2-3 chances and the rest, we are so feckin wasteful, yet Hamilton have 3 chances all game and get 2 goals. 

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

We played really poorly, but have a look at all those chance we missed. Uche 2 chances, Naismith 2-3 chances and the rest, we are so feckin wasteful, yet Hamilton have 3 chances all game and get 2 goals. 

I thought you created loads of chances . I was surprised having read the posts on here I thought there were hardly any.

1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

Well worked though.

Makes it easier if you can be offside throughout the move and then tap it in at the end

Is there not an offside in the buildup to the penalty award as well? Souttar goes to clear the ball, the attacker blocks it and it goes through to Ogkmpoe who comes back from an offside position to collect it. Having been blocked,, it deflects off Souttar again on the way through but my understanding is that is still offside or have I got that wrong? Its travelled forward from an Hamilton player to another Hamilton player who was in an offside position.

Edited by Saint Jambo

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Is there not an offside in the buildup to the second Hamilton goal as well? Souttar goes to clear the ball, the attacker blocks it and it goes through to Ogkmpoe who comes back from an offside position to collect it. Having been blocked,, it deflects off Souttar again on the way through but my understanding is that is still offside or have I got that wrong? Its travelled forward from an Hamilton player to another Hamilton player who was in an offside position.

Yes I agree. I saw this at the game and thought it was offside too. Quite a tough call though and still not 100% clear on the highlights. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Is there not an offside in the buildup to the penalty award as well? Souttar goes to clear the ball, the attacker blocks it and it goes through to Ogkmpoe who comes back from an offside position to collect it. Having been blocked,, it deflects off Souttar again on the way through but my understanding is that is still offside or have I got that wrong? Its travelled forward from an Hamilton player to another Hamilton player who was in an offside position.

Thought that myself at the game

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

yup offside for both

Where’s this yard that he’s meant to be offside? These are the two frames of the boy kicking the ball. He’s in line or slightly behind. 

As for the rest of the highlights, how did we not score numerous goals?! We had so many chances! One or two we can blame on the weather, but not 5 or 6! 

Edit: As for the second one, it’s easy to see from a replay who the ball came off of, but It bounced about a bit and probably wasn’t obvious who it came off of last. VAR would have overturned that after 5 painstaking minutes, but these things happen in our league. 

9E2B8E2B-69F4-46D9-B5C5-B340A8F2F30F.jpeg

B8AE3B17-49D7-40B9-A452-653C39B31413.jpeg

Edited by Dayman

3 minutes ago, babywhalo said:

Yes I agree. I saw this at the game and thought it was offside too. Quite a tough call though and still not 100% clear on the highlights. 

I was calling it at the games as well and I sit in section E. If the deflection back off Souttar doesn't magically cancel out the offside then I'm really not sure it should have been that hard to spot. It clearly comes forward off the attacker who is blocking the clearance and the second attacker is clearly in advance of them both. The second attacker is having to come back away from goal to retrieve the ball.

The Naismith miss was well offside too.

I tried to convince my neighbour, that there was as a defender near the back post playing him on

Lost my shit, when we never got a corner, when he gave offside for a player who never even attempted to play the ball.

7 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Where’s this yard that he’s meant to be offside? These are the two frames of the boy kicking the ball. He’s in line or slightly behind. 

As for the rest of the highlights, how did we not score numerous goals?! We had so many chances! One or two we can blame on the weather, but not 5 or 6! 

Edit: As for the second one, it’s easy to see from a replay who the ball came off of, but It bounced about a bit and probably wasn’t obvious who it came off of last. VAR would have overturned that after 5 painstaking minutes, but these things happen in our league. 

Fair enough mate. 

Can you do one with Halkett’s positioning when the ball goes through. 

6 minutes ago, Dayman said:

We'll done mate.

AlthoughVAR would manage to rule it off🤔.

Looked well off in real time.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The Naismith miss was well offside too.

I tried to convince my neighbour, that there was as a defender near the back post playing him on

Lost my shit, when we never got a corner, when he gave offside for a player who never even attempted to play the ball.

Naismith wasnt offside. Their fullback slid into block the original cross from Smith played him on (you can't see him on the highlights when Naismith gets the ball)

10 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Jesus christ. The 18 yard line does his job for him and still he ****s it up.

Shocking.

1 minute ago, babywhalo said:

Naismith wasnt offside. Their fullback slid into block the original cross from Smith played him on (you can't see him on the highlights when Naismith gets the ball)

So I was right  😀

14 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It’s not a yard offside but it’s still offside on both your pictures.

25 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Well worked though.

Eh??? 
Well worked!! 
We gave the ball away to a player who proceeded to run through unchallenged and pass forward to a guy who was offside for the whole of the move!! 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Eh??? 
Well worked!! 
We gave the ball away to a player who proceeded to run through unchallenged and pass forward to a guy who was offside for the whole of the move!! 

I blame you tbh.

As offside as their first was, how many chances did we miss second half.

The blame for not winning doesn't sit with the linesman.

But sometimes, the luck just isn't with you.

Let's pump st midden and Hamilton clogging academical lose, then I'll be happier.

7 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

It’s not a yard offside but it’s still offside on both your pictures.

Curious

Please explain.

Look at the scorers feet. Or are you going by upper body?

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Curious

Please explain.

It's offside.

The end.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Curious

Please explain.

It's off side, by definition any part of the body that is ahead of the ball is offside. His front foot and body are ahead of the ball, his back foot is maybe in line if we are being generous

20 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Offside by about a metre then. Not a surprise. 

He's well ahead of the defender, but not the ball, and it has to be both. His shoulder or toes are probably still marginally offside though.

3 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

He's well ahead of the defender, but not the ball, and it has to be both. His shoulder or toes are probably still marginally offside though.

He's offside, there's lots of angles I've seen, the scorer is always ahead of the ball though, offside. End off.

But, they deserved it. 

Rammed our "press" right up thè Terence and put us on the back foot. 

Stendal error. 

49 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Are you secretly Bobby Madden? He’s blatantly off when the ball is played 

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Clip is showing as private

I'm guessing SPFL caught on that they had published it and then had to unlist it until tomorrow

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

:rofl:   I couldn’t tell from the Roseburn but seeing those highlights it proves what a wankstain the Wheatfield Stand linesman is after seeing back the opener...

Was watching it from section p in the main stand which is almost the opposite end of the pitch and it looked blatantly obviously offside. I was amazed that the ball was squared to him as he looked miles off and I thought we'd been let off the hook. 

Amazed the linesman didn't spot it as it wasnt even a complicated scenario... 

36 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Curious

Please explain.

As we’ve seen by VAR in the prem it’s not done by feet it’s any body part excluding the arms. In both his body and head are ahead of play.