Thoughts on today...

busby1985

6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Do you really love him though?

Another absolute 'mare from him today. 

Fans from other teams, almost all teams, just don't get the fuss, and they're the polite ones. 

STFU 😀

he wasn’t at his best - no 

He is a talent ... Mind he’s still just leaving puberty and has a lot of time to get even better 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheTrumpet

• Ethan Hunt

• busby1985

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Positives: 

Bobby looked assured. 

It can’t be ignored that we showed bottle, hear me out before everyone goes daft. We could’ve crumbled today easily at 2 down. We didn’t and were very unlucky in front of goal 2nd half. We’ve shown bottle in the games against Rangers, St Johnston, Killie and today. Yes the argument can be had that we shouldn’t need to show fight if we stopped shopping two goal starts. 

I liked the look of Walker. He tired towards the end but he was showing all the time and was hounding Hickey for mistakes along with hounding Naismith. I liked that. 

Negatives: 

Souttar and Halkett are a disaster. Everything they do, their touch, their positioning, their headers, their tackling, reading of the game and their distribution is miles, miles off the required standard. Passes in the 2nd half especially, with no one on them, going 5 yards past there Intended target. Leaving the ball not knowing who was behind them, thinking bobby was coming when he wasn’t. Got bullied by the Hamilton front two before the red card. A real worry. Halkett has to get a pat on the back for his ability to score. He has dug us out the hole many a time now to the point I think we should stick him up front. 

We literally aren’t playing any form of press and it’s killing us, along with the high line. With no proper press, opposition are able to easily play passes through us or over us. Hamilton presses us today in the first twenty minutes and we couldn’t handle it. We had no press at all. Boyce, Naismith, Uche, Walker all culpable early doors of not putting the leg work in. It’s clear that this group of players aren’t capable of learning anything new or retaining information. I think the press and high lines has to be shelved until the summer or we are going to go down. We are basically playing 424 but with no pressure on the ball and when we lose it high up the park we have 6 up front and a simple punt has the opposition 2 vs 2 against Halkett and Souttar who can’t handle being turned. We can’t have the high line without the press and the players don’t look capable of playing the press properly. Something has to give. 

Midfield is non existent. Very harsh on Irving as he has looked very assured in loads of games but he isn’t good enough yet to be the ball carrying midfielder and he can’t link the play. He’s not the only one. Naismith dropping deep is also not working. Everything that comes through midfield is too slow and too predictable. The full side takes too many touches of the ball before passing, they pass the ball about like they are in a passing drill. Why does no one shoot from distance as well. 

Overall:

I genuinely feel sorry for Stendel, I don’t think he thought the situation was ever this bad. His reaction to the penalty summed it up. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He was right in what he said after the match as well. We have the ball and have an overload yet still manage to mess it up and concede possession that leads to the foul. He has to address what he is seeing tho. The philosophy is great and it’s a style I am fully behind but Hearts are a premier league club, it is unthinkable that we should even be in this mess. We are tho and he needs to wake up and see what’s in front of him. We need to tighten up this shape so that it works for the players he has. This was meant to be the run of games that we turned things around. The next round of fixtures are all games I don’t see us winning. That has me really, really worried. Something I genuinely never thought I’d see in my life time is being relegated (15 point deduction aside). We have to adapt. 

First class post Busby. Word perfect for me ..... unfortunately. 

Weakened Offender
11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

STFU 😀

he wasn’t at his best - no 

He is a talent ... Mind he’s still just leaving puberty and has a lot of time to get even better 

He should still be in the reserves. He has cost us considerably. 

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

LC.

What a bizarre example to use.  Beating a strong Aberdeen team to get to a semi-final having not won a home game all season.  Felt significant to me and I think most teams would have been quite proud of that.  

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

He should still be in the reserves. He has cost us considerably. 

Eh! In what way has he cost us considerably ?

9 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Cheers, lots of name calling and accusations from the usual suspects, but no real rebuttal of the content of my post.

And for those suspects, if I was Hibs I'd be begging Stendel to stay, I'd have my tongue so far up his arse I could tickle his kidneys with it. I cannot believe the depths to which this forum has sunk, the acceptance of mediocrity as standard. Appalling.

I get why you are angry and I can see the logic in what you post. If Stendel was to be sacked tomorrow, results, stats etc he could have no argument. I felt a really strange tension after the full time whistle yesterday, some booed initially then it was almost complete silence as everyone sort of took in what had just happened. This season we haven’t beaten, Motherwell, St Johnston, Aberdeen, Celtic, Killie, Ross County, Hamilton and Livingston. We have played Hamilton, Ross County, Celtic, St Johnston and Killie 3 times. The stats are damming and I don’t think any one, owner, manger or player properly realise the situation we are in. At full time I think the fans had no clue what to do. So your point about us being “whipped pups” as much as I don’t want to agree isn’t far off the mark. 

Here is my stance tho on two points. Levein over the years has sucked the life out the club. The fact that he can see what’s happening now and STILL NOT WALK AWAY tells you everything you need to know about the man. He wants to watch us burn, there is something deeply wrong with that. This is Leveins mess, Budge can’t escape criticism either as she has allowed him to do this. We have players on our books who were allowed to train in their house and not attend match days. We had players that were allowed to live in another country and only train the day before matches. We have a 38 man squad or something daft like that with players like Uche, Mulraney, Wighton, Damour all getting contracts, contract extensions and or 4 year deals. We have 3 keepers that together couldn’t keep a clean sheet and we are slowly finding out that we have to take a financial hit just to drop one of them. 20 shots on target in 4 games, 14 goals, outrageous. The place was and is a shambles under Leveins tenure. Stendel has been fighting against Leveins stupidity since day dot. He is stuck with Levein and MacPhee roaming the corridors. He got stuck with Leveins boot room numpties. He was told he couldn’t bring in his own guys. He then has to deal with the senior player revolt because the big bad German has told them the holiday camp that is tynie is over. Suddenly they are all back “fit” and have pretty much played every game under Stendel, a fact that everyone seems to miss. They either were faking being unfit or they were being allowed to be “unfit“ under Levein. I’d argue that this must be the most consistent string of games for Naismith at Hearts, can’t be a coincidence that he now has a manager telling him he has to train with the squad and questions his “niggles”. Stendel then has to deal with the negative press that comes when we employ a foreign manager, a hangover from the Vlad days. The killie lad faced the same as has Le Guen and Delia. The big bad media can’t handle foreigners telling us how our game is wrong. Add in the fact that we never employed one of the good guys in Ross or McCann as well. The forensic analysis of how our system doesn’t work, something that Levein was never subject to. Don’t remember Allan Preston being so vocal about the state of Hearts when it was Levein, in fact it was only Mikey Stewart who would even remotely question what was going on at Hearts. 

Has Stendel been naive to Scottish football, probably. Had he been naive to the position that we are in, 100%. However. I have seen enough under Stendel to say that I want to give him time. I fully understand why people don’t. I like his style and I think it can’t be ignored that if we could actual do the basics then we’d be in a much better situation. The basics being stuff that a manager shouldn’t have to coach, like first touch, passing, positioning etc etc. First goal yesterday is offside. They don’t score, game turns out different. The wonder save from Walker at 1-2, that goes in, different game. The Joel fiasco in Perth, at Killie and at Celtic. He doesn’t turn into water at all those shots on target, it’s different games. We have no luck, not an excuse, I get that but it can’t be ignored. Stendel after the game was correct, both goals, we have the overload and the ball, it should be impossible to concede possession in there, let alone a goal. One bad pass, no one chasing a runner and we are a goal down. That’s a lack of the basics. We can argue that players should be dropped, and I agree, but we have no one. Berra is as bad as Souttar and Halkett. Dikamona isn’t the answer. Stendel tried to get players in as Bongo and others shared. It’s not like he just ignored it but we had a 38 man squad and he couldn’t bring players in before some went out due to Leveins poor management of the club. He has dropped Joel, which we all wanted. I would now like to see him tweak the shape and play with just a straight back 4 to stop leaking goals. Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Hickey with Bobby behind. Let Walker, Meshino or Washington create the width. Washington’s cross yesterday for Halkett was a peach. Get Naismith alongside Boyce as well.  

If we continue to ignore the weakness and flaws in the system as it stands, we will be relegated. Get safe, write this season off and then start building the squad and signing players to play this high press attacking football. Levein was guilty of square peg, round hole syndrome and so far, so is Stendel. 

Sorry, that’s a long winded response for a Sunday morning. Wanted to actual give you some points as you are right, you have been getting the usual backlash without any actual argument. 

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

What a bizarre example to use.  Beating a strong Aberdeen team to get to a semi-final having not won a home game all season.  Felt significant to me and I think most teams would have been quite proud of that.  

I was quite pleased as well.

Negatives our defence is not as strong as the old castle rock. Boyce looks unfit hope he can rest up for Friday.

Positives Halkett is a goal threat.

We play better against ten men for the second successive home game.

Concerned for next Friday night already. Dikomona at centre back, Halkett as striker? 

south morocco
38 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I get why you are angry and I can see the logic in what you post. If Stendel was to be sacked tomorrow, results, stats etc he could have no argument. I felt a really strange tension after the full time whistle yesterday, some booed initially then it was almost complete silence as everyone sort of took in what had just happened. This season we haven’t beaten, Motherwell, St Johnston, Aberdeen, Celtic, Killie, Ross County, Hamilton and Livingston. We have played Hamilton, Ross County, Celtic, St Johnston and Killie 3 times. The stats are damming and I don’t think any one, owner, manger or player properly realise the situation we are in. At full time I think the fans had no clue what to do. So your point about us being “whipped pups” as much as I don’t want to agree isn’t far off the mark. 

Here is my stance tho on two points. Levein over the years has sucked the life out the club. The fact that he can see what’s happening now and STILL NOT WALK AWAY tells you everything you need to know about the man. He wants to watch us burn, there is something deeply wrong with that. This is Leveins mess, Budge can’t escape criticism either as she has allowed him to do this. We have players on our books who were allowed to train in their house and not attend match days. We had players that were allowed to live in another country and only train the day before matches. We have a 38 man squad or something daft like that with players like Uche, Mulraney, Wighton, Damour all getting contracts, contract extensions and or 4 year deals. We have 3 keepers that together couldn’t keep a clean sheet and we are slowly finding out that we have to take a financial hit just to drop one of them. 20 shots on target in 4 games, 14 goals, outrageous. The place was and is a shambles under Leveins tenure. Stendel has been fighting against Leveins stupidity since day dot. He is stuck with Levein and MacPhee roaming the corridors. He got stuck with Leveins boot room numpties. He was told he couldn’t bring in his own guys. He then has to deal with the senior player revolt because the big bad German has told them the holiday camp that is tynie is over. Suddenly they are all back “fit” and have pretty much played every game under Stendel, a fact that everyone seems to miss. They either were faking being unfit or they were being allowed to be “unfit“ under Levein. I’d argue that this must be the most consistent string of games for Naismith at Hearts, can’t be a coincidence that he now has a manager telling him he has to train with the squad and questions his “niggles”. Stendel then has to deal with the negative press that comes when we employ a foreign manager, a hangover from the Vlad days. The killie lad faced the same as has Le Guen and Delia. The big bad media can’t handle foreigners telling us how our game is wrong. Add in the fact that we never employed one of the good guys in Ross or McCann as well. The forensic analysis of how our system doesn’t work, something that Levein was never subject to. Don’t remember Allan Preston being so vocal about the state of Hearts when it was Levein, in fact it was only Mikey Stewart who would even remotely question what was going on at Hearts. 

Has Stendel been naive to Scottish football, probably. Had he been naive to the position that we are in, 100%. However. I have seen enough under Stendel to say that I want to give him time. I fully understand why people don’t. I like his style and I think it can’t be ignored that if we could actual do the basics then we’d be in a much better situation. The basics being stuff that a manager shouldn’t have to coach, like first touch, passing, positioning etc etc. First goal yesterday is offside. They don’t score, game turns out different. The wonder save from Walker at 1-2, that goes in, different game. The Joel fiasco in Perth, at Killie and at Celtic. He doesn’t turn into water at all those shots on target, it’s different games. We have no luck, not an excuse, I get that but it can’t be ignored. Stendel after the game was correct, both goals, we have the overload and the ball, it should be impossible to concede possession in there, let alone a goal. One bad pass, no one chasing a runner and we are a goal down. That’s a lack of the basics. We can argue that players should be dropped, and I agree, but we have no one. Berra is as bad as Souttar and Halkett. Dikamona isn’t the answer. Stendel tried to get players in as Bongo and others shared. It’s not like he just ignored it but we had a 38 man squad and he couldn’t bring players in before some went out due to Leveins poor management of the club. He has dropped Joel, which we all wanted. I would now like to see him tweak the shape and play with just a straight back 4 to stop leaking goals. Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Hickey with Bobby behind. Let Walker, Meshino or Washington create the width. Washington’s cross yesterday for Halkett was a peach. Get Naismith alongside Boyce as well.  

If we continue to ignore the weakness and flaws in the system as it stands, we will be relegated. Get safe, write this season off and then start building the squad and signing players to play this high press attacking football. Levein was guilty of square peg, round hole syndrome and so far, so is Stendel. 

Sorry, that’s a long winded response for a Sunday morning. Wanted to actual give you some points as you are right, you have been getting the usual backlash without any actual argument. 

Bang on, and hopefully he WILL tweak the system. We can only hope..

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Do you go to many matches?

I can’t get to them all now as I live abroad 

FWIW when I lived in Scotland I had a season ticket every year with my old man and got to a good number of away matches as well - every year 

If I was still living in Scotland I would be there every week. Got 3 games in when I got home for Xmas past and let down some family/friends because i didn’t have time because of the football. I watch the games every week as long as I get a stream 

So, as long as the above still entitles me to an opinion, watching Hickey hasn’t cost us at all. He has been our best player a number of times this season And will get better as he gets older 

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Negatives our defence is not as strong as the old castle rock. Boyce looks unfit hope he can rest up for Friday.

Positives Halkett is a goal threat.

We play better against ten men for the second successive home game.

Concerned for next Friday night already. Dikomona at centre back, Halkett as striker? 

It’s just the shabby defending that gets me. Nearly all the goals we concede are absolute gifts. The rest of the team does not too bad but it’s individual errors that will send us down. 

Weakened Offender
13 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I can’t get to them all now as I live abroad 

FWIW when I lived in Scotland I had a season ticket every year with my old man and got to a good number of away matches as well - every year 

If I was still living in Scotland I would be there every week. Got 3 games in when I got home for Xmas past and let down some family/friends because i didn’t have time because of the football. I watch the games every week as long as I get a stream 

So, as long as the above still entitles me to an opinion, watching Hickey hasn’t cost us at all. He has been our best player a number of times this season And will get better as he gets older 

I wasn't questioning your right to an opinion. 

Project Hickey has cost us this season. He isn't good enough to be playing as regularly as he has. Nowhere near it. 

20 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I wasn't questioning your right to an opinion. 

Project Hickey has cost us this season. He isn't good enough to be playing as regularly as he has. Nowhere near it. 

You could probably apply that theory throughout the whole team in all honesty

I still don’t think he has cost us this season in comparitive terms But I do agree with you In that he should have been took out the side and not relied upon as much as he was. 

13 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Cultural safari? Time wasting? Fun? An interest in Hearts doing well and annoyed by the attitude too many display on here?

A combination of all of them probably.

Why would you have an interest in Hearts doing well but you’re not a Hearts supporter? Why aren’t you a Hearts supporter when you supposedly don’t support any other team and “like” Hearts? And on that subject, why Hearts? Why would you like Hearts but not any other team? Why don’t you support a team as you would appear to like football (least commenting on it)? What other clubs forums do you have “cultural safaris” on? 

All very strange behaviour.

43 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Why would you have an interest in Hearts doing well but you’re not a Hearts supporter? Why aren’t you a Hearts supporter when you supposedly don’t support any other team and “like” Hearts? And on that subject, why Hearts? Why would you like Hearts but not any other team? Why don’t you support a team as you would appear to like football (least commenting on it)? What other clubs forums do you have “cultural safaris” on? 

All very strange behaviour.

Discussed elsewhere. Feel free to spend your time researching ms. I'm fascinating.

Kidd’s Boots
4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Nailed it busby. 

Kidd’s Boots
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

These are the indicators that DS and the backroom team will rightly be using to measure the improvements. It's the stagnant league position and performances that are holding the team back mentally. I think this is the point Daniel was trying to make in his post match on the radio yesterday. Someone on another thread suggested bringing in Sean Clare's mind coach...... I've heard worse ideas recently!

16 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

Are you the police? Are you the owner? Or are you just a bit upset?

We can do without non Hearts fans taunting us. 

This is a HEARTS FANS forum so if you can't show a bit of respect kindly **** off. 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We can do without non Hearts fans taunting us. 

This is a HEARTS FANS forum so if you can't show a bit of respect kindly **** off. 

Haha, respect? Hello Luckydug, meet the internet, lol.

I have at no point been disrespectful toward anyone unless they start name calling, even then I've been restrained. The problem is that too many Hearts fans on this site don't like having the obvious pointed out to them. I stand by every criticism of the club I have made, at no point has anyone refuted anything I've said, just childish name calling.

The fans on this board are one of the reasons Hearts are in the state they are. Too many think they're living in Hamlin, happy to follow the next pied piper wherever their deluded fantasy takes them, Levein with the 5 year project, Cathro re-inventing football with box soccer...Stendel going to dominate teams with his Klopp style Gegenpress tactics, and everytime this happens the fans on this board piss their pants with excitement and buy in 100%, start banging on about how this is the start of something special, something Scottish football hasn't seen before. And then because the fans have gone so balls deep on whatever passing tarts football philosophy is being espoused this week when it all goes tits up they can't just admit they were wrong and try and hound the latest impostor from the post. They dig in and defend their latest saviour because to do anything other than that would be to admit they were wrong, and that would never do, no ,no, no.

All of this is provable, all of this is documented on this site. 'Our Daniel' does a video and folk are creaming their pants and talking about a man crush, on a guy that they've only heard of for a few weeks. A cup draw at home to Aberdeen is greeted like some kind of triumph for Stendel, a new dawn, it's all documented in this site, every single thing I'm saying here is provable. The most subservient support in Scotland, bow down mentality, and all the while your paying richly for the experience?? When does it stop?? I'm angrier about it than most of the posters on here. Apathy seems the order of the day. If Hearts go down, and looking at the fixture list that is looking more likely by the week, then the support will play a large part in that failure. Levein should have been chased after Livi 5-0, Cathro should have been chased after his first interview showed him to be a weirdo that would never command respect, and Stendel should be chased as hes an absolute impostor of a football coach. Miles out of his depth.

Hearts deserve so much better than this, I cannot believe the accepting nature of this support. Teams and supporters always get what they deserve, the league never lies.

5 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Thank you very much! An actual reasoned response and a lot of it I agree with. Thanks for taking the time, it's much appreciated.

5 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Spot on, Smith at right back, in a back 4, would be a start, Stendel has to get the defence sorted out, we're wide open.

1 hour ago, TheTrumpet said:

Discussed elsewhere. Feel free to spend your time researching ms. I'm fascinating.

Na, you’re alright. You’re going on ignore. You’re a lot less fascinating than you think.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Na, you’re alright. You’re going on ignore. You’re a lot less fascinating than you think.

You will be a great loss to my life. A period of mourning is in order.