Thoughts on today...

busby1985

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

No. Sorry. You’ve admitted on many occasions you’re not a Hearts supporter. 

That’s fine and no problem at all but fancy fekking doing one and letting us get on with this. 

Cheers. 

I'm just pointing out the stupidity of certain Hearts fans. The reason Hearts are in this mess is because they are in some ways too loyal. Any other team would have chased Levein out the door after the Livingstone 5-0, if ever there was a sacking result that was it. But too many Hearts fans continued to defend him. Stendel is the same, guys a disaster as a manager, hopeless, and yet people are still defending him. He's had plenty time and has more than a good enough squad to have got out of this situation, but he's showing an arrogance and disdain for the Scottish game. His insistence on not compromising will take Hearts right out of the SPL, and all the defenders will blame Levein and say he needs a transfer window (where have we heard that before), and the wheel keeps turning and the most subservient support in Scottish football will continue to lap up his nonsense in interviews.

Stendel needs booted out, but Budge can't as the ink is barely dry on his contract and the loss of money and face would be too much to bear. So Stendel needs to be informed by someone, anyone, that he needs to set the team up in a 442 or something equally solid and forget the high press nonsense.

There is a saying - A nation gets the leaders it deserves. - Well I think a football clubs get the managers they deserve, Hearts fans have allowed this to happen. Far too many people willing to accept jam tomorrow instead of demanding it today. 

After today Hearts can have no problems arguing they don't deserve to go down, they are the most mismanaged team in Scottish football and have been for 3 years plus. Cathro, Levein, Stendel, all abject failures and all overindulged by a support that behaves like a whipped pup that's been beaten until they have no fight left.

Stand up for your team, not the manager, or Budge, fight for the changes that should have been made an age ago. There are lots of people to blame for Hearts current predicament, and the compliant support is amongst those people.

You can shoot the messenger all you want, but if this was any other team in Scottish football this place would be laughing their proverbial cocks off at them. And with good reason. Do you think Hibs, Rangers, Celtic or Aberdeen would accept what has happened here the last three years? No chance. Hibs chased Heckingbottom in quick time and hired a manager that knows the game. Celtic binned Deila and brought in Rodgers, Rangers got Gerrard and the Aberdeen support are currently in the process of making sure McInnes either ships up or ships out.

But not at Hearts, no, mediocrity is applauded (the 2-2 draw with Aberdeen heralded like it was the second coming), excused, justified.

Hearts will continue to be a laughing stock as long as the supporters allow it. Time for a lot of you to find your cojones and start demanding change. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheTrumpet

• Ethan Hunt

• busby1985

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

letsalldothebeattie

My Thoughts

First half absolutely terrible

Second half much improved ultimately still not good enough. That’s a game we needed to win. 

Donis is absolutely honkin

13 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

You don't seem to understand that the attacking play only happened because Stendel played almost no midfield and Hamilton went down to ten men. If both Killie and Hamilton had kept 11 players on the park then Hearts would be in even more bother. You're idea that Hearts will give someone a pumping is fantasy. This Hearts team will leak goals as long as this system is in play. The only way they might get away with it is if Hearts score first, then the opposition have to come out and play. Against the bottom six? No chance.

You pick and choose what I am saying in my post to suit your own agenda with Stendel. 

I’m not spitting the dummy out the pram because A/ I just don’t feel like it right now and B/ what good is it going to do ?

I have just said that time is running out for us. What more do you want?. Do I still think this can work, yes I do, but time is against us and I acknowledge that 

I’m starting to think that this squad is incapable of playing any system far less Stendels.

We defend and we can’t attack or we attack and we can’t defend. A bit of both would be nice. 

However, if the squad is incapable then who signed the majority of these bloody losers.

He has left us in an absolute cluster f... and nothing will ever change that. 

3 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I'm just pointing out the stupidity of certain Hearts fans. The reason Hearts are in this mess is because they are in some ways too loyal. Any other team would have chased Levein out the door after the Livingstone 5-0, if ever there was a sacking result that was it. But too many Hearts fans continued to defend him. Stendel is the same, guys a disaster as a manager, hopeless, and yet people are still defending him. He's had plenty time and has more than a good enough squad to have got out of this situation, but he's showing an arrogance and disdain for the Scottish game. His insistence on not compromising will take Hearts right out of the SPL, and all the defenders will blame Levein and say he needs a transfer window (where have we heard that before), and the wheel keeps turning and the most subservient support in Scottish football will continue to lap up his nonsense in interviews.

Stendel needs booted out, but Budge can't as the ink is barely dry on his contract and the loss of money and face would be too much to bear. So Stendel needs to be informed by someone, anyone, that he needs to set the team up in a 442 or something equally solid and forget the high press nonsense.

There is a saying - A nation gets the leaders it deserves. - Well I think a football clubs get the managers they deserve, Hearts fans have allowed this to happen. Far too many people willing to accept jam tomorrow instead of demanding it today. 

After today Hearts can have no problems arguing they don't deserve to go down, they are the most mismanaged team in Scottish football and have been for 3 years plus. Cathro, Levein, Stendel, all abject failures and all overindulged by a support that behaves like a whipped pup that's been beaten until they have no fight left.

Stand up for your team, not the manager, or Budge, fight for the changes that should have been made an age ago. There are lots of people to blame for Hearts current predicament, and the compliant support is amongst those people.

You can shoot the messenger all you want, but if this was any other team in Scottish football this place would be laughing their proverbial cocks off at them. And with good reason. Do you think Hibs, Rangers, Celtic or Aberdeen would accept what has happened here the last three years? No chance. Hibs chased Heckingbottom in quick time and hired a manager that knows the game. Celtic binned Deila and brought in Rodgers, Rangers got Gerrard and the Aberdeen support are currently in the process of making sure McInnes either ships up or ships out.

But not at Hearts, no, mediocrity is applauded (the 2-2 draw with Aberdeen heralded like it was the second coming), excused, justified.

Hearts will continue to be a laughing stock as long as the supporters allow it. Time for a lot of you to find your cojones and start demanding change. 

What team do you support?

14 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I can assure you I am not Mystic Meg so can’t predict what might have happened if Hamilton had their full quota. Strangely enough neither can you but you crack on. We’d probably have been about 20 nil though eh? Does that suit your argument?

I think I have the laws of probability on my side, You have blind faith.

5 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Scottie Wanshot.
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Positives: 

Bobby looked assured. 

It can’t be ignored that we showed bottle, hear me out before everyone goes daft. We could’ve crumbled today easily at 2 down. We didn’t and were very unlucky in front of goal 2nd half. We’ve shown bottle in the games against Rangers, St Johnston, Killie and today. Yes the argument can be had that we shouldn’t need to show fight if we stopped shopping two goal starts. 

I liked the look of Walker. He tired towards the end but he was showing all the time and was hounding Hickey for mistakes along with hounding Naismith. I liked that. 

Negatives: 

Souttar and Halkett are a disaster. Everything they do, their touch, their positioning, their headers, their tackling, reading of the game and their distribution is miles, miles off the required standard. Passes in the 2nd half especially, with no one on them, going 5 yards past there Intended target. Leaving the ball not knowing who was behind them, thinking bobby was coming when he wasn’t. Got bullied by the Hamilton front two before the red card. A real worry. Halkett has to get a pat on the back for his ability to score. He has dug us out the hole many a time now to the point I think we should stick him up front. 

We literally aren’t playing any form of press and it’s killing us, along with the high line. With no proper press, opposition are able to easily play passes through us or over us. Hamilton presses us today in the first twenty minutes and we couldn’t handle it. We had no press at all. Boyce, Naismith, Uche, Walker all culpable early doors of not putting the leg work in. It’s clear that this group of players aren’t capable of learning anything new or retaining information. I think the press and high lines has to be shelved until the summer or we are going to go down. We are basically playing 424 but with no pressure on the ball and when we lose it high up the park we have 6 up front and a simple punt has the opposition 2 vs 2 against Halkett and Souttar who can’t handle being turned. We can’t have the high line without the press and the players don’t look capable of playing the press properly. Something has to give. 

Midfield is non existent. Very harsh on Irving as he has looked very assured in loads of games but he isn’t good enough yet to be the ball carrying midfielder and he can’t link the play. He’s not the only one. Naismith dropping deep is also not working. Everything that comes through midfield is too slow and too predictable. The full side takes too many touches of the ball before passing, they pass the ball about like they are in a passing drill. Why does no one shoot from distance as well. 

Overall:

I genuinely feel sorry for Stendel, I don’t think he thought the situation was ever this bad. His reaction to the penalty summed it up. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He was right in what he said after the match as well. We have the ball and have an overload yet still manage to mess it up and concede possession that leads to the foul. He has to address what he is seeing tho. The philosophy is great and it’s a style I am fully behind but Hearts are a premier league club, it is unthinkable that we should even be in this mess. We are tho and he needs to wake up and see what’s in front of him. We need to tighten up this shape so that it works for the players he has. This was meant to be the run of games that we turned things around. The next round of fixtures are all games I don’t see us winning. That has me really, really worried. Something I genuinely never thought I’d see in my life time is being relegated (15 point deduction aside). We have to adapt. 

well said Drew Busby.

Looks like that’s you out the closet now. A good epitaph to your kickback career. 

Well, that would be true if I had actually read it, which I haven’t. Well I did read one sentence. I can’t remember a 2-2 draw with Aberdeen. 

see ya. 

I'm not in a closet. I'm open about my allegiances. I like Hearts and have no other team I support. 

Are only PHM's allowed an opinion on the state of Hearts?

It's so much easier to play the man and not the ball eh?

jack D and coke
22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

👍. He’s still young, and not used to this intensity plus back from injury so I’ll let him off but it wasn’t a positive for me.  

Na I’m not ripping him either man I like Hickey. Just had one of those days today where things didn’t come off for him. He wasn’t alone tbh. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hearts are the only team I like. I cannot believe the Hearts support though. So subservient, so willing to accept failure as proof of some kind of journey to the promised land. Every other club appoints people suited to the job, Hearts seem to always have grandiose plans that will transform the game/club. Ambition is good, but only if it's achievable. Cathro/Stendel are clowns, overindulged clowns at that. Overindulged by a support that really should be bollocking them from the stand so loudly they cannot do anything other than leave. But no, a few half time boos and quiet acceptance is all that happens. Don't make a fuss, shush now, don't upset anyone, that's not the Hearts way. Don't went any bad apple players, just nice boys that are no bother and won't be found up George St on a Friday. 

It's not working and I would like to see you all get an lot more angry about it. Apathy will lead to relegation. 

Gimme an H...
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still quite possible for them to get it together. 

Stendel wasn't happy. 

Some positives in Hickey, Walker, Avdijaj though they weren't perfect. 

Still see us going on run of 5/6 wins. Maybe the last games though. 

My main concern today after the obvious start was still not creating enough clear cut chances though that can come. 

Avdijaj a positive? Whit? 

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Na I’m not ripping him either man I like Hickey. Just had one of those days today where things didn’t come off for him. He wasn’t alone tbh. 

I know mate, I’m the same. 

17 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

You pick and choose what I am saying in my post to suit your own agenda with Stendel. 

I’m not spitting the dummy out the pram because A/ I just don’t feel like it right now and B/ what good is it going to do ?

I have just said that time is running out for us. What more do you want?. Do I still think this can work, yes I do, but time is against us and I acknowledge that 

I’m starting to think that this squad is incapable of playing any system far less Stendels.

We defend and we can’t attack or we attack and we can’t defend. A bit of both would be nice. 

However, if the squad is incapable then who signed the majority of these bloody losers.

He has left us in an absolute cluster f... and nothing will ever change that. 

Cheers, I agree with a lot of what you say. I said prior to the January window that Hearts needed to prioritise 3 positions - Goalkeeper, ball winning creative mid and a striker, One out of three is not enough. The lack of a dominant midfielder is at the hearts of it. No possession, no ball retention and no passing through the lines. I agree Stendel has been given a crappy hand but he has enough to get out of this, and he's not. That's on him I'm afraid.

30 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

How would you know if I have bad breath? See what I mean. Even imagining things gives you the fear. You need help buddy. Reach out to someone.

👍 :lol: 

8 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I think he means the 2-2 draw with Aberdeen in the cup game. league cup....continue.

I do. Ta for clarification.

No he didn’t. He meant the recent 1-1 draw but isn’t a hearts supporter so wasn’t there. 

No, I meant the cup game.

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’ll keep my Hearts debate for Hearts supporters if you don’t mind. 

I notice you’ve called us subservient in a post below. Seriously?

Name me one other support that has rebelled against previous owners the way we have. I won’t give you the courtesy of providing any more details.

Name me one other support that has risen to the cause and raised £10m to save  the club we love.

I’m not sure what role you think you are playing here but you are adding feck all so please do one. 

Who have you rebelled against? The Pieman? Maybe. Romanov? Nope. Mercer. Nope. Budge. Nope.

Carry on talking to your Hearts mates, I have those too. The problem is that it becomes an echo chamber, and results in a club looking like Hearts currently do.

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Utter shite. We won that on penalties so there’s no way you would have used that as an example of (and I quote) ‘mediocrity being heralded like the second coming’. 

For the third time. Do one. 

Are you the police? Are you the owner? Or are you just a bit upset?

3 hours ago, Woodbeastie said:

Boyce was not moving properly today.

Any chances we do create , we have to take more of them. We are in a desperate situation with a chunk of the team carrying injuries or unfit. 

Remember that was Hamilton today with 10 men for 70 minutes. 

It took us the 70 mins to get 2 goals.

Doesn't look good.

That was also Hamilton today with a number of injuries. 

no excuses. Failures. Every one of them for 16months now. 

5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I notice you didn’t try to respond or deny. 

You’ve been found out mate. Accept it. 

Edit. For the fourth time. Do one. 

Seriously, if I was a Hibs fan I'd be all out getting Stendel to stay. 

1 hour ago, TheTrumpet said:

How? How could Hearts have buried Hamilton? Hamilton looked like burying Hearts until they had a man sent off.

You seem confused. You don't know what the team are doing and yet you don't think the manager matters? 

This Hearts team are better than that showing today, a decent manager urinates with the equipment to hand. Stendel is currently peeing all over his shoes. 

Look at the stats, and look at the chances created. 

We were all over them second half.  Chance after chance after chance.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you, as it is obviously clear that we should have pumped them in the second half. 

Edit - you seem to be getting some stick.   Not sure why a poster with just over a hundred posts, all negative, on a thread like this, would possibly attract negative attention. 

Edited by tian447

Thoughts are we are going down with Stendel at the helm unfortunately . 

Cant see him changing his approach and we are shelling goals to  utter Shite constantly. 

Once again the defensive set up has cost us points . 

We looked better when Smith went to right back and Clare was pushed further forward but we need protection in front of the two centre halfs . 

He keeps setting up the team the same week after week without sitting tight early on to see what the opposition has to offer 

Played well in the second half an should have won but if Stendel keeps ignoring the defensive side of things we're ****ed . 

1 hour ago, Bainy said:

Souttar hasnt got up to speed since returning looks way off the pace, clare is never a defender he has been better going forward but never a full back. Hickey will make mistakes as he is young but we cant really afford mistakes just now given the position were in. 

We have players that should easily be good enough to climb the table but for some reason its just not happening.  I dont believe that professional footballers cant adapt to a new style of playing. 

St Mirren must be smelling blood. 

Thing with St Mirren apart from that freak day against us they are decent defensively so if they get in front we will struggle I think

Sexton Hardcastle

Today wasn’t a must win, it was a mustn’t lose.

A point was huge in the end and no one will admit that. 

Next week is a real six pointer. Lose that and we are in serious trouble. A point or better and we should be fine. After the split and we will do enough. 

moronic fans one week singing about the Manager being a diamond and suddenly he’s a bowel of cat shit. ****ing idiots of the highest order.

24 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Look at the stats, and look at the chances created. 

We were all over them second half.  Chance after chance after chance.

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you, as it is obviously clear that we should have pumped them in the second half. 

Edit - you seem to be getting some stick.   Not sure why a poster with just over a hundred posts, all negative, on a thread like this, would possibly attract negative attention. 

Second half? Against ten men. Who were happy to sit in? Amazing.

25 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Thoughts are we are going down with Stendel at the helm unfortunately . 

Cant see him changing his approach and we are shelling goals to  utter Shite constantly. 

Once again the defensive set up has cost us points . 

We looked better when Smith went to right back and Clare was pushed further forward but we need protection in front of the two centre halfs . 

He keeps setting up the team the same week after week without sitting tight early on to see what the opposition has to offer 

Played well in the second half an should have won but if Stendel keeps ignoring the defensive side of things we're ****ed . 

But he played your favourite system? The one that would wipe the floor with other teams? What went wrong??

What a hypocrite.

7 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

But he played your favourite system? The one that would wipe the floor with other teams? What went wrong??

What a hypocrite.

Just came back from the boozer and you're still on here slavering shite and  trying to noise up Hearts fans. 

Are you still giving it "I don't support any team but kinda like Hearts " ? 

You sadsack  Hibbie **** 

😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by ramrod

Scottie Wanshot.
3 hours ago, Woodbeastie said:

Boyce was not moving properly today.

Any chances we do create , we have to take more of them. We are in a desperate situation with a chunk of the team carrying injuries or unfit. 

Remember that was Hamilton today with 10 men for 70 minutes. 

It took us the 70 mins to get 2 goals.

Doesn't look good.

boyce wasnt mobile at all  holding his back in the second half. so why play him Stendal. we need players fit.

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Just came back from the boozer and you're still on here slavering shite and  trying to noise up Hearts fans. 

You sadsack  Hibbie **** 

😂😂😂😂😂

And again, playing the man not the ball. Just admit you don't know anything about football and we'll forget all about your little name calling tantrum.

19 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Second half? Against ten men. Who were happy to sit in? Amazing.

You are the epitome of the :vrface:

I have nothing else to say, you've been worked out quite quickly. 

14 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You sadsack  Hibbie **** 

😂😂😂😂😂

ramrod

•  
  • ramrod
  • Registered Users B
  • team_member.gif
  •  
  • 4,667 posts

He needs to tweak it for the next 12 games , definitely. 

A front 4 of Clare , Boyce   Naisy and Connor , supplemented with Uche , Jamie , Donis and Mishu is more than good enough . Probability as good as any outside Celtic and Rangers . 

Let the other 6 defend . 2 holding mids and a back 4 of Smith , Soottar , Halkett and Hickey from now on in Change the goalkeeper. 

Its that simple 

Well that worked a treat!

I’ve been on kickback since it started basically. The newest version of this board started in 2007 so I’m guessing I’ve been a member for at least 20 years. 

I’ve never once put anyone on ignore or reported anyone. I still won’t do that but you are coming across as an imbecile who wants to wind Hearts supporters up. 

We know you’re not a Hearts man, maybe some generic forum like pie and bovril is best for you. Trumpet.

Still just name calling Barney. Must try harder. This group think business isn't helping any of you.

1 hour ago, TheTrumpet said:

Everything you say is correct 

3 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

Everything you say is correct 

Cheers, lots of name calling and accusations from the usual suspects, but no real rebuttal of the content of my post.

And for those suspects, if I was Hibs I'd be begging Stendel to stay, I'd have my tongue so far up his arse I could tickle his kidneys with it. I cannot believe the depths to which this forum has sunk, the acceptance of mediocrity as standard. Appalling.

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If you rewind to the start of our chat tonight, you apologised for misunderstanding the very first post I made. I told you to stick it and to leave Hearts chat to Hearts fans so I’m not sure what this name calling’s all about to be honest. Or group think. 

Why are you even here?

Cultural safari? Time wasting? Fun? An interest in Hearts doing well and annoyed by the attitude too many display on here?

A combination of all of them probably.

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

But all you’ve been doing tonight is winding people up and slating the collective Hearts support but you haven’t mentioned this whatsoever in your little ditty. 

Well, is it winding people up to point out the obvious? To try and lift the veil of collective denial? I mean, some are starting to see what's going on. But too many of you still hold some kind of trauma induced belief that it will magically turn around. And no, that isn't supporting your club, it's watching it sink.

Edited by TheTrumpet

Bore off. For the first time in 20 years on here I’m actually trying to work out how to ignore someone. At 1am. 

What a miserable experience conversing with you has been. 

No one is forcing you.

25 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Yaaaaaas. Worked out how to do it. 

No more trumpet shite 

Ignore button is your friend my friend. Especially when the board is as infested as it is

10 hours ago, Ginger God said:

My laddie said exactly the same....cup final celebratory music....not 2 0 down at half time against Hamilton music.

It was the “I get knocked down, but I get up again” tune as soon as the half time whistle went that annoyed me. 

11 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

When did we draw 2-2 with Aberdeen?

pettigrewsstylist

I cant give up hope but it seems we are done and have no cards left to play.

Next week could confirm it i suspect.

We have a squad of weak followers.

Weakened Offender
14 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I love Hickey. Think he is a quality player.

Do you really love him though?

Another absolute 'mare from him today. 

Fans from other teams, almost all teams, just don't get the fuss, and they're the polite ones. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Soft as shite at the back, slack in midfield and wasteful up front.

Bobby clearly the Better keeper. Not really a positive.