Top Posters In This Topic

• TheTrumpet

• Ethan Hunt

• busby1985

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Accies ran the show until the red card ( which I thought was harsh). They then decided to try to protect their 2 gift goal lead and that's why we got into the match. 70 mins against 10 men and we struggled to get a draw. The same problems of giving away goals and not being able to break down a doggid defence. I've no idea what the answer is but it doesn't look like we are capable of turning this around.

This.

There was **** all positives about drawing two each with shitey Hamilton ravaged with injury who played with ten men for three quarters of the game.  

Bobby looked good aye?  He had zero to do after the sending off and was culpable for the penalty. 

Souttar hasnt got up to speed since returning looks way off the pace, clare is never a defender he has been better going forward but never a full back. Hickey will make mistakes as he is young but we cant really afford mistakes just now given the position were in. 

We have players that should easily be good enough to climb the table but for some reason its just not happening.  I dont believe that professional footballers cant adapt to a new style of playing. 

St Mirren must be smelling blood. 

Of course basic errors cost us goals but you have to look at Uche's miss from 6 yards and Naisys header which he should have scored. 

We didn't play well and it has been the case that our defence, especially Goalkeepers, Halkett, Soapy and Berra have made mistakes over the course of the season but we've got to take our chances. It's not just a case of pointing the finger at the defence all the time. 

If we didn't ship those easy goals today and took our chances, we probably win that game comfortably, despite not playing well. 

Given the final result, I think you have to give them credit for not chucking in the towel and getting it back to 2-2. At least we know they have fight in them. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

This.

There was **** all positives about drawing two each with shitey Hamilton ravaged with injury who played with ten men for three quarters of the game.  

Bobby looked good aye?  He had zero to do after the sending off and was culpable for the penalty. 

Agree about Bobby. Hard to judge when he had f.all to do. His wobble that led to a shaky pass out before the penalty didn't show me he's "composed". That said it wouldn't have happened if Hickey played the ball down the line to Naismith who was screaming for it but Hickey inexplicably turned and passed it back! 

Scottie Wanshot.
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

We can’t keep giving sides 2 goal head starts, I can’t handle it haha. 

your not Drew Busby are you. ???

1 minute ago, Deans Jambo said:

Agree about Bobby. Hard to judge when he had f.all to do. His wobble that led to a shaky pass out before the penalty didn't show me he's "composed". That said it wouldn't have happened if Hickey played the ball down the line to Naismith who was screaming for it but Hickey inexplicably turned and passed it back! 

All true.  Bobby in Paisley when we need a massive performance also gives me the fear.  

Is it just me who thought Hickey was poor defensively and going forward today? I didn’t see him as a positive.

Naismith hasn’t got the legs for the role he’s playing either and Boyce wasn’t fit and was playing on the wing at times when he’s a fox in the box. 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Our finishing is rank.  We could have buried that Hamilton team today, but instead we drew against them. 

We cannot hope that the opposition goes down to 10 men every game, and we cannot give teams a 2-0 lead before we start actually putting the ball together. 

Whatever we are doing at the back, we need to ****ing stop it, and do the polar opposite.  Track your man, and stop needlessly passing the ball to the opponent. Know where you are, and know where the other players are.  It's almost like our players have tunnel vision and have absolutely no idea of what is happening around themselves.  They need to get their heads up, and have a ****ing look about before doing something. 

The players need to work for each other, it honestly seems like we have 11 individuals out there every week, instead of a cohesive unit. 

We seem to be failing at the basics every single week. It doesn't matter who the manager is, I would expect professional footballers to have some basic football intelligence.  What the **** we are doing escapes me sometimes. 

How? How could Hearts have buried Hamilton? Hamilton looked like burying Hearts until they had a man sent off.

You seem confused. You don't know what the team are doing and yet you don't think the manager matters? 

This Hearts team are better than that showing today, a decent manager urinates with the equipment to hand. Stendel is currently peeing all over his shoes. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Last Laff said:

All true.  Bobby in Paisley when we need a massive performance also gives me the fear.  

Is it just me who thought Hickey was poor defensively and going forward today? I didn’t see him as a positive.

Naismith hasn’t got the legs for the role he’s playing either and Boyce wasn’t fit and was playing on the wing at times when he’s a fox in the box. 

Hickey was really poor today I thought. He frustrated me all afternoon. 

The first goal was miles offside, second goal Hickey passed back from near half way line Beckebauer oops Soutaar pissed about as usual and clumsy tackle by Clare ( spewed up at start of second half ) gave away a penalty.

Jesus how bad were Clancy and Wheatfield stand linesman he never put his flag up for first goal and he never kept it down in the second half, the pair should never officiate ever again.

Only good point home at 21.00 as A9 now shut at Perth with flooding HHGH 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

30 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

My thoughts are simple.  Stendel out and take your assistants and imposters you signed with you. Bring in a manager who knows Scottish football and pronto 

Some people might think you are a complete dick for saying that.

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

A lot of things give you “the fear”. You maybe need to seek some professional help.

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still quite possible for them to get it together. 

Stendel wasn't happy. 

Some positives in Hickey, Walker, Avdijaj though they weren't perfect. 

Still see us going on run of 5/6 wins. Maybe the last games though. 

My main concern today after the obvious start was still not creating enough clear cut chances though that can come. 

Against 10 men for 3/4 of the game.

Hearts have played the so called weaker teams and leaked goals like a sieve. 

Run of 5/6 wins - seriously ? When has a team that has only won 3 games in a season (so far) & that has been absolutely dire for most of the preceding season ever done that in the SPL ? 

I admire your optimism. 

7 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

How? How could Hearts have buried Hamilton? Hamilton looked like burying Hearts until they had a man sent off.

You seem confused. You don't know what the team are doing and yet you don't think the manager matters? 

This Hearts team are better than that showing today, a decent manager urinates with the equipment to hand. Stendel is currently peeing all over his shoes. 

How many chances did Hamilton create prior to the boy being sent off besides their offside goal and Clare’s brain fart?

1 minute ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

some player, fancy a game back.

Thankfully Scott, I haven’t got the first clue as to what you are referring to.

Sorry, old chum.  :thumbsup:

allanwilson1970
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Some people might think you are a complete dick for saying that.

How’s that ? My opinion. Not allowed ?? He has been a disaster and so have his signings.  We are in deep shit and staring into the abyss. I want us to act now before it is too late and see if we can get a reaction to the change. Status quo and we are in the Championship. Again MY opinion and I don’t give a flyin eff if you agree or disagree. Your entitled to yours just as I am to have mine. 

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

17 shots to 3, 72% possession, 7 corners to1. 

That’s how we could have. But we didn’t. 

Hearts only had those stats after Hamilton went down to ten men and sat in. Seriously, think before posting.

30 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Very true, but I wish he was as good with defensive headers, him and Soapy hardly won a header between them. Shows how much we were relying on Berra in that department.

Aye. Should’ve added that mate. I Meant attacking wise 👍

Defensively, the 2 of them just seem to be out of position and not in command of their area. It’s Costing us big time

Ps: hope you found your wallet. Horrible thing when it happens. 

Weakened Offender

My thoughts on today are the referee awarded the softest red card ever and gave Daniel Stendel s lifeline he didn't deserve. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Against 10 men for 3/4 of the game.

Hearts have played the so called weaker teams and leaked goals like a sieve. 

Run of 5/6 wins - seriously ? When has a team that has only won 3 games in a season (so far) & that has been absolutely dire for most of the preceding season ever done that in the SPL ? 

I admire your optimism. 

I’ve been reading these posts and shaking my head too. Where the confidence comes from that we’re about to start tearing it up I just don’t know. We’ve been howling for over a year. 

17 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

The 3 goalies are dug💩 just got to play who seems less shityest for the remainder and hope 🤞🇶🇦🇶🇦

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

17 shots to 3, 72% possession, 7 corners to1. 

That’s how we could have. But we didn’t. 

On another day we could have absolutely pumped them down to Chances made. That’s how I saw it.

Alas we didn’t so we have to go to St Midden and win. It’s points we need first. Stats and performance come second 

Going 2 down was criminal in the 1st half 

we just aren’t making it easy for ourselves at the moment 

However, play like that in an attacking sense and cut out the brain farts we must be scheduled to give somebody a doing 

Still a glimmer of hope although we need to do something now to get clear. The longer it goes the harder it gets. 

2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

My thoughts on today are the referee awarded the softest red card ever and gave Daniel Stendel s lifeline he didn't deserve. 

100%, been backed to the hilt. Offered nothing but smoke and excuses. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

How many chances did Hamilton create prior to the boy being sent off besides their offside goal and Clare’s brain fart?

They were two nil up. If they had kept ten men on the pitch do you honestly think they wouldn't have scored again, given the ease with which they already had.

You talk about mistakes likes they aren't going to happen again, yet this Hearts team have been making mistakes all season, lots of them, yet somehow they were going to magically disappear after Hearts were 2-0 down? 

Some people on here need to face the reality of this situation - Hearts are full of bang average players (spare me the internationals nonsense, NI and Scotland, hardly world beaters) who have been appallingly coached and today had zero structure, even when Hamilton went down to ten men.

Our imagined past and future is always full of sunny uplands and success, the present (reality) is generally somewhat different.

5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Aye. Should’ve added that mate. I Meant attacking wise 👍

Defensively, the 2 of them just seem to be out of position and not in command of their area. It’s Costing us big time

Ps: hope you found your wallet. Horrible thing when it happens. 

Cheers mate nice of you.

Feel such a mug, schoolboy error.

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve been reading these posts and shaking my head too. Where the confidence comes from that we’re about to start tearing it up I just don’t know. We’ve been howling for over a year. 

This.

Some unbelievable stuff being posted tonight. 

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

I didn’t say any different. I was merely replying to (another) poster who questioned HOW hearts could have buried Hamilton today. 

Seriously, think before butting in. 

Apols for misreading your post. 👍

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Cheers mate nice of you.

Feel such a mug, schoolboy error.

It happened to me a few years back. Shit happens. It’s all the hassle of getting replacement cards etc that’s the hassle Feel for you. Hope it turns up 👍

Guest ToqueJambo

Souttar is defo the weakest out the two and fair play to Halkett as he always produces the goods in front of goal. Both struggled today tho and both guilty of bad passes and awful headers. 

The midfield needs addressed badly. Sibbick is all ready a key player, he’s played 120 minutes or something. That says it all. I like Irving but he needs help. 

We have the squad now to drop out of form players. I think Souttar definitely falls into that category. Stick Dikamona in and see what happens. Maybe try Souttar at DM? Langer will be back and I thought he showed a bit of promise as the water carrier.

We need to stop giving away possession from needless fouls.

Fouling is stupid if we don't have an advantage from it.

Seen it too many times, especially today.

Defence is rank. Midfield not much better. Boyce offered nothing playing out wide. If he was injured shouldn't have been playing. Naismith poor again. Walker did ok but giving away lazy fouls handed them the initiative. Clare showed why he isn't a full back despite his recent improvement. Heading down unless massive improvement all round. Our squad is better than Hamilton's or St. Mirren's  but not doing it on the park.

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

On another day we could have absolutely pumped them down to Chances made. That’s how I saw it.

Alas we didn’t so we have to go to St Midden and win. It’s points we need first. Stats and performance come second 

Going 2 down was criminal in the 1st half 

we just aren’t making it easy for ourselves at the moment 

However, play like that in an attacking sense and cut out the brain farts we must be scheduled to give somebody a doing 

Still a glimmer of hope although we need to do something now to get clear. The longer it goes the harder it gets. 

You don't seem to understand that the attacking play only happened because Stendel played almost no midfield and Hamilton went down to ten men. If both Killie and Hamilton had kept 11 players on the park then Hearts would be in even more bother. You're idea that Hearts will give someone a pumping is fantasy. This Hearts team will leak goals as long as this system is in play. The only way they might get away with it is if Hearts score first, then the opposition have to come out and play. Against the bottom six? No chance.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We have the squad now to drop out of form players. I think Souttar definitely falls into that category. Stick Dikamona in and see what happens. Maybe try Souttar at DM? Langer will be back and I thought he showed a bit of promise as the water carrier.

What about Sibbick when he recovers.?

Tall, athletic, quick and decent on the ball, and knows the DS system.

Worth a shout?

5 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

How’s that ? My opinion. Not allowed ?? He has been a disaster and so have his signings.  We are in deep shit and staring into the abyss. I want us to act now before it is too late and see if we can get a reaction to the change. Status quo and we are in the Championship. Again MY opinion and I don’t give a flyin eff if you agree or disagree. Your entitled to yours just as I am to have mine. 

You’re entitled to your opinion. But - and this may surprise you - if you offer an opinion someone might challenge it. To consider sacking Stendel after the complete mess he was left with - and has went some way to sort out - is the type of behaviour some people might think a bit dickish. You’d happily sack a man to see if someone “can get a reaction”. Have you considered that the fault might lie with the players. Players some people think are good but are actually shite. What if the new man doesn’t get a reaction. Do we sack him to? And who is this guy? Who is this person you want to employ in Stendels place? I presume you have someone in mind? After all surely you’re not the type of person just to want a manager sacked and not have thought about what that person was doing wrong, and who could put it right.

Please don’t let me down. Please tell me you’ve thought this through.

30 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hickey was really poor today I thought. He frustrated me all afternoon. 

👍. He’s still young, and not used to this intensity plus back from injury so I’ll let him off but it wasn’t a positive for me.  

Weakened Offender
13 minutes ago, Gorgieboy7 said:

100%, been backed to the hilt. Offered nothing but smoke and excuses. 

He's toiling. And lesser teams from the wee side of the Capital would have sacked him by now. Slaver. 

25 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A lot of things give you “the fear”. You maybe need to seek some professional help.

Do you have to be a complete Ethan Hunt every single day on here?  

What else gives me the fear out of interest? Apart from your bad manners and bad breath? 

Maybe knit picking but I didn’t like Scott Wilson’s choice of half time music. Trying to make light of our current predicament. Feels like no one at the club really understands the situation we are in. Yeah I know it’s only music but it just didn’t sit right with me. I know I am being ridiculous but it annoyed me. 

My laddie said exactly the same....cup final celebratory music....not 2 0 down at half time against Hamilton music.

12 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

They were two nil up. If they had kept ten men on the pitch do you honestly think they wouldn't have scored again, given the ease with which they already had.

You talk about mistakes likes they aren't going to happen again, yet this Hearts team have been making mistakes all season, lots of them, yet somehow they were going to magically disappear after Hearts were 2-0 down? 

Some people on here need to face the reality of this situation - Hearts are full of bang average players (spare me the internationals nonsense, NI and Scotland, hardly world beaters) who have been appallingly coached and today had zero structure, even when Hamilton went down to ten men.

Our imagined past and future is always full of sunny uplands and success, the present (reality) is generally somewhat different.

I can assure you I am not Mystic Meg so can’t predict what might have happened if Hamilton had their full quota. Strangely enough neither can you but you crack on. We’d probably have been about 20 nil though eh? Does that suit your argument?

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Do you have to be a complete Ethan Hunt every single day on here?  

What else gives me the fear out of interest? Apart from your bad manners and bad breath? 

How would you know if I have bad breath? See what I mean. Even imagining things gives you the fear. You need help buddy. Reach out to someone.

5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Silly to loan out Berra when we need a centre half who would have been ideal in today's conditions. 

Berra was a class player but his form had seriously dipped when eventually farmed out. We should have replaced him with someone of similar quality though. Souttar and Halkett are not the answer and we needed a big cb similar to Berra with either Souttar and or Halkett mopping up. A serious mistake on our part.

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Worth a shout?

Keep forgetting about him. Looked really promising vs Rangers.

16 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Worth a shout?

Worth a shout? FFS if Sibbick wasn’t injured/ill he’d have played every game. 

Am I living in the twilight zone or are some people deliberately being a wee bit thick 🤔

Edited by Ethan Hunt

allanwilson1970
8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You’re entitled to your opinion. But - and this may surprise you - if you offer an opinion someone might challenge it. To consider sacking Stendel after the complete mess he was left with - and has went some way to sort out - is the type of behaviour some people might think a bit dickish. You’d happily sack a man to see if someone “can get a reaction”. Have you considered that the fault might lie with the players. Players some people think are good but are actually shite. What if the new man doesn’t get a reaction. Do we sack him to? And who is this guy? Who is this person you want to employ in Stendels place? I presume you have someone in mind? After all surely you’re not the type of person just to want a manager sacked and not have thought about what that person was doing wrong, and who could put it right.

Please don’t let me down. Please tell me you’ve thought this through.

What have you seen in Stendel that inspires your confidence ? I have seen nothing. I am also not convinced the players know what he wants or are playing for him, has he lost the dressing room, something is badly amiss and I am not happy to stare into the abyss waiting for the ship to sink.

So twist and bring in anyone who can motivate. Even Billy Davies, I actually don’t care as I am not paid to employ Or assess coaches. And if they fail then end of season we are down as we will be anyhow with the clueless coach we have now.  

15 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Worth a shout?

I'd do that.  He is a centre-half, fairly tall and well built.  Must be more confident than Soutar.   Not fit though.  

Just now, allanwilson1970 said:

What have you seen in Stendel that inspires your confidence ? I have seen nothing. I am also not convinced the players know what he wants or are playing for him, has he lost the dressing room, something is badly amiss and I am not happy to stare into the abyss waiting for the ship to sink.

So twist and bring in anyone who can motivate. Even Billy Davies, I actually don’t care as I am not paid to employ Or assess coaches. And if they fail then end of season we are down as we will be anyhow with the clueless coach we have now.  

I’m not going to waste my time on that post.