Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Mr Elwood P

• The Real Maroonblood

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Spot on. We had a year of the worst injuries in our clubs history under Levein. Then just as all the players were coming back, Levein was sacked. Budge should have held her never for a little bit longer. We just don’t have the players to play the Stendel system. A Celtic supporting mate asked, why we were playing such a high line when we don’t have the pace of physicality to implement it. That’s based on 90 mins of watching us! 

Worst injuries in our club's history.

:laugh:

22 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have just gave Tommy Wright a 1 year rolling contract. 

We're in a relegation battle and we need someone that knows the score and consistently has a team with a budget of pennies punching above their weight. 

When a team faces a relegation battle in the english premiership, they don't sign some new guy on the block with an attacking mind set, they sign sam allardyce.

replace Levein with a very slightly better Levein?  No ta.

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

In hindsight we should have. With all the attacking players fit we'd have got enough points under Levein to stay up. 

lol :)

the Hearts way
22 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We're in a relegation battle and we need someone that knows the score and consistently has a team with a budget of pennies punching above their weight. 

When a team faces a relegation battle in the english premiership, they don't sign some new guy on the block with an attacking mind set, they sign sam allardyce.

Not read the thread because seeing who started it, I don't need to. Space Pirate gtf or better still, stay at Rugby Park with the rest of the ugly mutants👍

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

When have we had a worse period of injuries?

Well you said in our history.

So you must have facts to back this up.

Didn't think you would. 

Just making stuff up as usual. 

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well you said in our history.

So you must have facts to back this up.

Didn't think you would. 

Just making stuff up as usual. 

What are you talking about? Name any time that we’ve anywhere near the injuries and we’ve had over the last 18 months?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What are you talking about? Name any time that we’ve anywhere near the injuries and we’ve had over the last 18 months?

Stop trying to back pedal .

You said Hearts history which is 146 years in case you didn’t know.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Stop trying to back pedal .

You said Hearts history which is 146 years in case you didn’t know.

I stand by that. Prove me wrong or pipe down.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I stand by that. Prove me wrong or pipe down.

Maybe if said in my lifetime but no you choose Hearts history.

SectionDJambo

Whatever the merits, or not, of Daniel Stendel being our current manager, suggesting that Craig Levein should have continued are without logic.

He had got himself into a state of such unpopularity with most of the fans that there was no possibility of redemption. I know of a few people who didn’t renew season tickets because of him.
Managers just don’t recover from those levels of displeasure from fans, of any club. Most hoped he would go after the cup final. Then every week that went by into Autumn, the calls for him to be replaced grew louder. When he was taken off the manager role, many still were up in arms that he still had a role at the club.
He is, arguably, the most divisive figure that club has had in my lifetime. He seemed to thrive on his unpopularity within the media and wasn’t slow to aggravate other managers either. The “Natural Order” quip, whilst funny for us, severely aggravated the Hibernian manager. No problem there, we might think.

The injury situation was said by most to be something that was due to the way the players were being trained. Even impact injuries were somehow his fault for many. It wasn’t bad luck, it was him. 
Now it’s being said that although our record was terrible over the last while, he was just unlucky with injuries and we would have been better sticking with him.

Memories can’t be that short. The football was turgid. Results were terrible. Contracts given to players that were not good enough. The turnover of players indicated a scatter gun approach to recruitment.

He should have resigned much earlier as payback to the loyalty given to him by Ann Budge.

9 hours ago, Uche said:

Tommy Wright would not have been the answer.  Steve Robinson, Robbie Neilson or Jack Ross would have all been better appointments IMO.

The best answer would have been to not let Robbie leave in the first place ... but that won't sit well with certain parts of our support. Planes flying over tynecastle asking for him to be sacked ...... that's the point it all started to turn South. 

Big Slim Stylee
On 15/02/2020 at 19:22, Space Pirate said:

I’m confused. We should have but didn’t,  but seemingly have just given Tommy Wright a contract despite the fact he’s still employed elsewhere?

Is that Hibs logic?