In Hindsight - Tommy Wright

Greedy Jambo

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Muppet. 

He would jump at the chance and do a better job than most. 

But naw, we dinnae like him, he's a dick. 

Why do you think nobody else has ever given him a job if he’s so great, he will be on pennies there? I know someone who worked for him and he’s really unpopular up there.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Mr Elwood P

• The Real Maroonblood

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why do you think nobody else has ever given him a job if he’s so great, he will be on pennies there? I know someone who worked for him and he’s really unpopular up there.

aww not this shite again. 

Heard it all about shankland. 

Pasquale for King

aww not this shite again. 

Heard it all about shankland. 

What’s shite about it? Any proof that anyone has even considered him? Why is he still there? You have no answer?

Shankland should’ve been purchased instead of Wighton.

Pasquale for King
Just now, JackLadd said:

Stendel is doing a good job of that. 

Yeah it’s all his fault, he assembled a squad of chicken hearted injury prone mugs.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

What’s shite about it? Any proof that anyone has even considered him? Why is he still there? You have no answer?

Shankland should’ve been purchased instead of Wighton.

If we purchased shankland and wright we wouldn't be were we are now. 

Can i prove it? naw, but have you seen the nick of us. 

I think the mess CL and Budge created it was inevitable we would be in this position. We have huge weaknesses in our squad which are causing problems every week. 
Going down may actually be the medicine required. It will allow us to get rid of the dross and rebuild our team. 

Pasquale for King

Yes and how would someone who plays the same tactics as Levein get us any further than where we are now? 
We’re all raging but I just don’t think he would be any better. One man is responsible for all this and should be hounded out the club never to return.

Guest ToqueJambo

If Berra, Naismith, Souttar, Haring and Uche hadn't all got injured when they did for as long as they did in 2018/19 and then Walker, Washington, Halkett, Naismith again, Haring again, and Souttar again hadn't got injured at the start of this season we wouldn't be where we are now. I like this "if" game!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

I think the mess CL and Budge created it was inevitable we would be in this position. We have huge weaknesses in our squad which are causing problems every week. 
Going down may actually be the medicine required. It will allow us to get rid of the dross and rebuild our team. 

Unfortunately this could well be true.

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think Tommy Wright has done a great job at St Johnstone but I wouldn't have him at Hearts. 

~Halkett is better than souttar. Just saying .

Edited by Space Pirate

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

And pigs can fly. 

How Souttar is vice captain i will never know. he never says boo to anyone. 

When was the last time he pulled us out the shit with a goal?

Souttar being a quality player is a myth. 

How Souttar is vice captain i will never know. he never says boo to anyone. 

When was the last time he pulled us out the shit with a goal?

Souttar being a quality player is a myth. 

Aye, Paul Hanlons better mate. 👍 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

Muppet. 

He would jump at the chance and do a better job than most. 

But naw, we dinnae like him, he's a dick. 

If that’s the level of your debating skills, I’ll call it a day having a discussion with you.

Not many things appeal to me less than talking to unpleasant, ill mannered individuals.

I respect your point of view about Wright, although I can’t agree with it, but certainly don’t respect you.

Ta Ta.

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If that’s the level of your debating skills, I’ll call it a day having a discussion with you.

Not many things appeal to me less than talking to unpleasant, ill mannered individuals.

I respect your point of view about Wright, although I can’t agree with it, but certainly don’t respect you.

Ta Ta.

Mate, it's Saturday night, what sort of debating skills are you expecting?

I hope I've not ruined your sleep. 

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Mate, it's Saturday night, what sort of debating skills are you expecting?

I hope I've not ruined your sleep. 

😴

Nope

3 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Thanks.

Were we not near the mark on wage costs for the team in Vlads time?

Done some quick maths and if we go with the £9,000,000 a year in player wages, it's £173,000 a week in player wages. 

Absolutely no chance.

id think its a good 60k a week less than that. I’m sure it was £108k or so last year and was upto £111K or £113k this. The 9million has been done to death , sure it included all staff costs aswell on here but FF is prob best to ask.

budget is **** all between Aberdeen Hearts and Hibs , 5k a year is minimal when it comes to all things involved in signing a player

Sexton Hardcastle

That daft ***** was weeks away from being sacked. He’s turned it around , yes, but he’s still an anti football *****.

Half the idiots on here would still boo him if we were winning 1-0 week in as we won’t be scoring ten goals.

melons.

8 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We are where we are for a reason. 

So you keep saying. Over and f’n over on every thread 

Brauhauser2012
12 hours ago, stotty said:

Main complaint with previous manager was eye bleeding football, I fail to see how Tommy Wright would've addressed those complaints.

My main complaint is that he destroyed our players and turned them into lazy unfit entitled fragile disconnected journeymen. Berra has talked about players hiding in the medical room. They all want someone else to carry them.

12 hours ago, Gards said:

Because we would have been better sticking with Levein than Wright,  That's why.

Not saying Wright is the man, but I’d disagree with this. 

Wright’s eye-bleeding football gets them results and punching above their weight. It even won them a cup.  Levein’s eye-bleeding football won us nothing, and took us to bottom of the table. 

Tommy Wright's biggest crime is that he's seen as a "welt" in the eyes of a lot of our supporters. He cares about his team and if that means saying things that the opposition's fans don't like then so be it. All manager do it. Does anyone think Levein was popular with the fans of other teams while he was doing reasonably well here?

Derek McInnes and Neil Lennon are another pair of "welts" that we wouldn't want near our club according to this forum - and it's probably hard to disagree...

However, I don't really care whether our manager is a nice guy or a welt - I want to see the team winning, moving up the league, challenging for Europe. If we need to employ an utter welt as manager for this to happen then so be it. 

One of the first things that the club said when Anne came in was that we would only sign players with the 'right character' - looks where that has got us.

A team of 11 snarling welts with a welt in the dugout might be what we need. No more 'nice guy losers'! 

Lord Montpelier
17 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

No. TR is fine for a team like St Johnstone; not for us.

By we are bottom of the league not St Johnstone get real TW not for us ?

Bazzas right boot

In hindsight CL should have gone after the final and the new manager brought in then with a full window.

Further hindsight, something that I warned about is that having not sacked CL in the summer, sacking him when we did was very poor in the timing.

Many wanted CL just gone, but sacking him before Decembers run of games and then putting a guy like Stendel in charge was a massive risk.

Having not sacked CL in the summer past, he should have seen the season out and been replaced this summer, although I can see why he was sacked.

Stendel getting the job in the summer would have been fantastic. 

Tommy wright is not the answer to our long term plans but right now we need the short term fixed asap.

Wright would not take a 1 year rolling contract anyway, who would ? Terrible for the individual unless getting paid well over the normal rate.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

That daft ***** was weeks away from being sacked. He’s turned it around , yes, but he’s still an anti football *****.

Half the idiots on here would still boo him if we were winning 1-0 week in as we won’t be scoring ten goals.

melons.

You are on form.

Everything you post is bang on.

Posters- Get Robbie/ cl to ****, eye bleeding football.

Same posters- Wright is the answer.

Posters- I don't mind getting beat if we try to win, we should always try to win.

Same posters- we should rest key players in the cup and away to celtic as we'll get beat anyway/ cup not important.

Posters- Just sack CL, it can't get any worse, anything is better.

Same posters- Stendel is not the answer, things are getting worse.

Posters ( under cl) - We need to attack and press high, do that and we'll win ( despite being told that it is not a god like tactic).

Same posters ( now)- We are pressing too high and getting caught out, we need to defend better.

Posters- Yes, Berra is gone, too slow, too old, we'll crack on now.

Same posters- aw naw, we are worse in the air and the defence is unbalanced as we don't have a left sided centre half.

Also, at the same time  not seeing the irony in Wright turning it round as he was given time to us sacking CL .

That is the icing on the big fat, shit Irony cake 

Melons is the perfect summary

queensferryjambo
19 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have just gave Tommy Wright a 1 year rolling contract. 

We're in a relegation battle and we need someone that knows the score and consistently has a team with a budget of pennies punching above their weight. 

When a team faces a relegation battle in the english premiership, they don't sign some new guy on the block with an attacking mind set, they sign sam allardyce.

No thanks.

I really don't know what Hearts need right now, I don't know id Stendel can do it long term but one thing I do know is I don't want Tommy Wright at the club.

20 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

I know everyone ****ing hates him but he probably would have steadied the ship and got more out of a team full of underachievers.

I don't know who advised Budge on the appointment but it smacked off a lack of appreciation of life at the bottom of the league. Almost looking beyond this season as if survival was a given

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

I don't know who advised Budge on the appointment but it smacked off a lack of appreciation of life at the bottom of the league. Almost looking beyond this season as if survival was a given

She was still talking about top 4 finishes soon before Levein was ‘sacked’. Whilst the majority of fans could see we were in a scrap for survival, she thought 13 months of being the worst team in the league was suddenly going to flip on its head.

Delusional doesn’t quite cover it.

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

If that’s the case then she’ll a bit shell shocked now I imagine. 

Fort Vallance
21 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

We should have just gave Tommy Wright a 1 year rolling contract. 

We're in a relegation battle and we need someone that knows the score and consistently has a team with a budget of pennies punching above their weight. 

When a team faces a relegation battle in the english premiership, they don't sign some new guy on the block with an attacking mind set, they sign sam allardyce.

By that logic why go for Tommy Wright, just get Allardyce.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You are on form.

Posters- I don't mind getting beat if we try to win, we should always try to win.

Same posters- we should rest key players in the cup and away to celtic as we'll get beat anyway/ cup not important.

Posters ( under cl) - We need to attack and press high, do that and we'll win ( despite being told that it is not a god like tactic).

Same posters ( now)- We are pressing too high and getting caught out, we need to defend better.

Same posters- aw naw, we are worse in the air and the defence is unbalanced as we don't have a left sided centre half.

Also, at the same time  not seeing the irony in Wright turning it round as he was given time to us sacking CL .

When you study the posters contributions across the board, the suggestion is perfectly understandable going by their usual.

Wright suggestion is a howler, as per their usual.

Malinga the Swinga

There is something  about Tommy Wright that makes him very difficult to like. I am glad we didn't appoint him manager, but if we had, would have got behind him. 

Instead ad of spending rest of season worrying about what we could have done, may I suggest it is better to get behind what we do have and hope that we improve.

The close season is when we can look back.

20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well that's utter bollocks yet again from him! They've had 2-3 times our budget for much of the last 5 years, we're only starting to get close to them these last couple of windows. 

Even looking at his own job that's bollocks. Levein was getting what £185k for doing two jobs compared to his £700-900k! McInnes waved cash in front of Nail McGinn, Curtis Main, Matty Kennedy and others to get them when we were interested. Maybe he's sore we pipped him to Boyce.

Aberdeen had two or three times out budget???

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

In hindsight CL should have gone after the final and the new manager brought in then with a full window.

Further hindsight, something that I warned about is that having not sacked CL in the summer, sacking him when we did was very poor in the timing.

Many wanted CL just gone, but sacking him before Decembers run of games and then putting a guy like Stendel in charge was a massive risk.

Having not sacked CL in the summer past, he should have seen the season out and been replaced this summer, although I can see why he was sacked.

Stendel getting the job in the summer would have been fantastic. 

Tommy wright is not the answer to our long term plans but right now we need the short term fixed asap.

Wright would not take a 1 year rolling contract anyway, who would ? Terrible for the individual unless getting paid well over the normal rate.

Spot on. We had a year of the worst injuries in our clubs history under Levein. Then just as all the players were coming back, Levein was sacked. Budge should have held her never for a little bit longer. We just don’t have the players to play the Stendel system. A Celtic supporting mate asked, why we were playing such a high line when we don’t have the pace of physicality to implement it. That’s based on 90 mins of watching us! 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Spot on. We had a year of the worst injuries in our clubs history under Levein. Then just as all the players were coming back, Levein was sacked. Budge should have held her never for a little bit longer. We just don’t have the players to play the Stendel system. A Celtic supporting mate asked, why we were playing such a high line when we don’t have the pace of physicality to implement it. That’s based on 90 mins of watching us! 

we should not have stuck with levein.. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You are on form.

I don’t always agree with you but this is so true. Some people don’t know what they want and want it all fixed in a couple of weeks. I for one am not putting  my head in the sand regarding possible relegation, but  the manager needs time ( and a bit of luck at the moment) but hopefully we manage to stay up and I will judge him on next season. The last few seasons under Levein the football has been boring and we all wanted a change. We’ve now got a forward thinking manager we now have to back him. 

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we should not have stuck with levein.. 

In hindsight we should have. With all the attacking players fit we'd have got enough points under Levein to stay up. We could then have changed the entire footballing philosophy in the summer, when it would be appropriate to make such sweeping changes. January window while embroiled in a relegation battle was always a dangerous game to play.