Three minutes injury time

Diadora Van Basten

3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Two goals four subs keeper down injured Blatant time wasting but only three Minutes injury time.

You think that’s the biggest problem today?

get a grip. We are clueless in almost all departments

ToadKiller Dog

The linesman on the wheatfield, he was just shockingly bad , up with the flag as quick as he could all 2and half . .

But 3mins is just criminal clearly should have been 6m.

Was annoying more so added to our own problems, shit officials we dont need .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

CavySlaveJambo
Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

The linesman on the wheatfield, he was just shockingly bad , up with the flag as quick as he could .

But 3mins is just criminal clearly should have been 6m.

This. Accies first goal was obviously offside! And the linesman was nowhere 

I expected at least 5. Thought Clancy was fine today. His assistants on the other hand were not. Wheatfield lino got just about all of his calls wrong. I’d like to see the goals again. Looked like their first and our first were both well offside.

Just now, CavySlaveJambo said:

It looked offside to make it 2-1 too, same linesman. 

SectionDJambo

No excuse for us today, and more time probably would have made no difference.

However, the goalkeeper was down for about 3 minutes alone. Then there were the substitutions and plenty times that Clancy made out he he was stopping his watch for time wasting.

But once again, we provided opposition with the platform to waste time by handing out goals easily. Hamilton didn’t have much to do to get a couple today. Kilmarnock got 3 easy goals too.

Should have been at least 5. Their keeper time wasting every kick without warning from ref. 

But to be fair to Hamilton they do it very well and it is infuriating. 

SomethingAboutObua

They were time wasting from the first goal. Pathetic from them and why we needed to do the top flight a favour and cut them adrift today. In total disbelief that keeper and their no. 6 didn't get booked for timewasting.  Thought Clancy was maybe going down the route of just adding on every time they stalled instead of booking them, but no he's just shite. 3 mins was a disgrace

Once again Hamilton cling on to the top flight and keep out teams like Dundee, Utd, Dunfermline, Falkirk.

The first goal was offside, but perhaps their red was harsh. 

Regardless, we really are a shit football team, and we go down, it is all we deserve.  

26 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Two goals four subs keeper down injured Blatant time wasting but only three Minutes injury time.

Wouldn’t have Made a difference mate

we had 90 mins and only scored 2 against 10 men 

28 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The lanky peace e of pish and the Wheatfield linesman want shot. Disgraceful decisions from both. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

33 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

You think that’s the biggest problem today?

get a grip. We are clueless in almost all departments

And you get the prize of first walloper post of the thread - and I'm sure there will be more.

The OP has made a perfectly valid point which has got nothing to do with your disappointment at the performance, which isn't as bad as mine, I can tell you.

FACT - 3 minutes was a blatant example of a referee once again making a decision that is not borne out by the circumstances.  For example, the keeper was injured/treatment for just under 2 minutes alone.

The only conclusion can be that the referee chose to bend the rules to the advantage of one team.  This was not a poor decision in game/play, it was a calculated decision, made under no pressure.

My conclusion - he cheated.

PS Surprisingly, so far your post is the only walloper post.  Well done!

Edited by colinmaroon

13 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

They were time wasting from the first goal. Pathetic from them and why we needed to do the top flight a favour and cut them adrift today. In total disbelief that keeper and their no. 6 didn't get booked for timewasting.  Thought Clancy was maybe going down the route of just adding on every time they stalled instead of booking them, but no he's just shite. 3 mins was a disgrace

Once again Hamilton cling on to the top flight and keep out teams like Dundee, Utd, Dunfermline, Falkirk.

Agreed with everything apart from Falkirk they aren't even top of league one? Thought it was 30 secs for every sub so 2 mins there and 2 mins for their keeper getting treatment. So there is at least 4 minutes then every time wasting situation that occurred. Referees are good at putting rules to apply whenever they feel like it but never get punished for it. The linesman on the Wheatfield side is a whole other story!!

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

And you get the prize of first walloper post of the thread - and I'm sure there will be more.

The OP has made a perfectly valid point which has got nothing to do with your disappointment at the performance, which isn't as bad as mine, I can tell you.

FACT - 3 minutes was a blatant example of a referee once again making a decision that is not borne out by the circumstances.  For example, the keeper was injured/treatment for just under 2 minutes alone.

The only conclusion can be that the referee chose to bend the rules to the advantage of one team.  This was not a poor decision in game/play, it was a calculated decision, made under no pressure.

Well said, Colin. In almost every other sport in which time is an element, there is a specified time for the ball, puck etc being in play so teams can’t waste time. You can still waste time in rugby with the ball in play but the rules for restarts are black and white, although England played right to the edge last week, and injuries are properly policed and time stopped.  Even golf penalises players for fannying about these days. Why does the referee still keep time in football? It’s a free hand to cheat. 

23 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Ok pal. You think if he gave us 6 minutes we would of scored???

Also you probably find that the red card was shocker, so the ref actually done us a massive turn.

reading through this post, it would suggest to me you are the biggest walloper!!!

ta

CavySlaveJambo
29 minutes ago, Sheva said:

Agreed with everything apart from Falkirk they aren't even top of league one? Thought it was 30 secs for every sub so 2 mins there and 2 mins for their keeper getting treatment. So there is at least 4 minutes then every time wasting situation that occurred. Referees are good at putting rules to apply whenever they feel like it but never get punished for it. The linesman on the Wheatfield side is a whole other story!!

Meant to also be 30 seconds per goal. 

Red Card a definite read simply because the player was was the  last man.  So automatic red no question. 

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

We had 70 minutes against ten men I’m no sure an extra two minute would have made any real difference.

But at that point we were going for a late winner to really turn it around and Hamilton were a bit more unsettled. A couple more minutes and we could've got a winner.

But as you say 70 mins against 10 men Hamilton and struggling to do anything is really pish.

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, kila said:

But at that point we were going for a late winner to really turn it around and Hamilton were a bit more unsettled. A couple more minutes and we could've got a winner.

But as you say 70 mins against 10 men Hamilton and struggling to do anything is really pish.

The point for us to get a second goal was well before 88 minutes and I’m sure they would have caved. The fact we had so many strikers and created nothing against a complete load of shite tells me we’re gone.

Jambof3tornado

The keeper wasted 5 minutes plus on his own. Add the subs.

Expected 5 or 6. Would have lifted us and heaped pressure on accies. Clancy could have booked the keeper early doors to stop it getting silly.

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The keeper wasted 5 minutes plus on his own. Add the subs.

Expected 5 or 6. Would have lifted us and heaped pressure on accies. Clancy could have booked the keeper early doors to stop it getting silly.

Yep, instead he seemed to turn his back and ignore it

46 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

Also you probably find that the red card was shocker, so the ref actually done us a massive turn.

reading through this post, it would suggest to me you are the biggest walloper!!!

ta

He’s right though, you are a total walloper 

Scottie Wanshot.
2 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

he never gave offside in the first half, but in the 2nd he couldn't keep his flag down.

Clancy was fine apart from he could have booked their keeper for time wasting (though to be fair that happens most games - by us included).

the fourth official on the other hand (sure its him that times it) was a disgrace. Should have been 5 minutes at least . Maybe 7 minutes.

Edited by 1971fozzy

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Clancy was pathetic. 

He was pretty much refusing to penalise accies for about the most blatant time wasting you'll see. 

The ref can't penalise the goalie for taking the ball to the far side of the 6 yard box if that's what you're referring to, it's allowed in the rules, but there probably should have been at least 4 minutes, during which Hamilton would probably have scored.

Perth to Paisley

I know our team has many many faults bigger budget etc ...but i would be desperately unhappy to watch my team starting to waste time in the 6th minute.

How their keeper avoided a booking today beats me...and the ref rewarded them with awarding 3 minutes of extra time.

Just now, Perth to Paisley said:

I know our team has many many faults bigger budget etc ...but i would be desperately unhappy to watch my team starting to waste time in the 6th minute.

How their keeper avoided a booking today beats me...and the ref rewarded them with awarding 3 minutes of extra time.

Just said this on another thread. 3 minutes of added on time. 2 goals, 6 subs and god knows how many minutes wasted by them. Outrageous that only 3 minutes was shown. 

GorgieRules22
10 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

If you give a shite teams two goal start you deserve to be pissed off at time wasting.

Edited by GorgieRules22

Hamilton time wasting wasn't the reason we never won today, true, the 3 minutes added time was a joke, but it is what it is, we would've done it ourselves, if the scoreline was in our favour.

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Well said, Colin. In almost every other sport in which time is an element, there is a specified time for the ball, puck etc being in play so teams can’t waste time. You can still waste time in rugby with the ball in play but the rules for restarts are black and white, although England played right to the edge last week, and injuries are properly policed and time stopped.  Even golf penalises players for fannying about these days. Why does the referee still keep time in football? It’s a free hand to cheat. 

It’s down to incompetence IMO. To think Kevin Clancy, or any referee for that matter, actively performs poorly at their job in order to give 10 man Hamilton a small time advantage over Hearts screams paranoia and vanity. We’re not as important to other people as we think we are when it all comes down to it and damn near every other team in the league could, and do, throw about the same accusations on a weekly basis. 

What does Clancy gain from cheating us out of a few minutes? What about Hearts has made him hate us so much? All those league titles and cup wins we keep racking up put his nose out of joint and made him sick of us have they? 

Having said that I’ll never understand why in football do we not just stop the bloody clock when the ball is not in play. Removes all incentive to feign injury and would stop any of this paranoid “the ref hates us” excuse that every single team in the world throws around given the chance.

If you can’t beat a 10 man Hamilton at home the refs performance doesn’t matter a jot. As annoyed as I was at the lack of added time I just cannot believe for a moment that it was done purposefully to screw us. Respectfully, that’s clutching at straws and if a rival manager was to say something along those lines we would laugh at them and label it ludicrous. 

Edited by Squirt

manaliveits105

Clancy cheated - whether we would have scored or not is irrelevant - he cheated

and the radio idiots were too delighted to call it out 

3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

It looked offside to make it 2-1 too, same linesman. 

This. Doesn’t excuse his incompetence otherwise though. Clueless

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Clancy cheated - whether we would have scored or not is irrelevant - he cheated

and the radio idiots were too delighted to call it out 

Why did Clancy cheat us?

4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

It’s down to incompetence IMO. To think Kevin Clancy, or any referee for that matter, actively performs poorly at their job in order to give 10 man Hamilton a small time advantage over Hearts screams paranoia and vanity. We’re not as important to other people as we think we are when it all comes down to it and damn near every other team in the league could, and do, throw about the same accusations on a weekly basis. 

What does Clancy gain from cheating us out of a few minutes? What about Hearts has made him hate us so much? All those league titles and cup wins we keep racking up put his nose out of joint and made him sick of us have they? 

Having said that I’ll never understand why in football do we not just stop the bloody clock when the ball is not in play. Removes all incentive to feign injury and would stop any of this paranoid “the ref hates us” excuse that every single team in the world throws around given the chance.

If you can’t beat a 10 man Hamilton at home the refs performance doesn’t matter a jot. As annoyed as I was at the lack of added time I just cannot believe for a moment that it was done purposefully to screw us. Respectfully, that’s clutching at straws and if a manager was to say something along those lines they’d be laughed at. 

Ok, let’s say it wasn’t cheating.

Whether we would have, should have or could have scored is irrelevant. If you are incompetent enough to think that there was only 3 minutes injury time in that 2nd half, then you definitely should not be getting upwards of a grand when timekeeping is a major part of your remit.

One thing is for sure, the Hamilton goalkeeper WAS cheating and Clancy, the only man who could prevent it, was allowing him to do so. Does he think fans are mugs? We knew what the goalie was up to and he’s an arrogant prick to think we don’t know that he knew what the goalie was up to.

Do you think it didn’t go through his head that if 5 or 6 minutes go up, as it should have, Tynecastle was going to go tonto as we sought a winner? Instead he signals 3 and the ground gives a collective, “WTF?”

I’ve been saying for years that timekeeping should be taken out of the referee’s hands and the game should be 30 minutes of ball in  play each half. 

There was a game about 10 years ago against Kilmarnock that we lost 1-0. I think it was Eremenko who was ordered off. It was, like today, a controversial call. There was a stramash and treatment to an injury, a discussion with linesmen/4th official and that incident alone took fully EIGHT minutes to resolve yet the REFEREE (the sole arbiter) only added five minutes. We were shocking and could have played until the following Saturday and not scored but that didn’t make it right for the ref to only add 5 minutes. 

That’s the rules and Clancy has no right to say, “Ach, Hearts are pish and they’re not going to score anyway.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/kilmarnock-to-appeal-over-alexei-eremenkos-1096920

Fly the Saltire
1 hour ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

he never gave offside in the first half, but in the 2nd he couldn't keep his flag down.

Hamilton first goal yards offside and their goalkeeper should gave been booked midway through first half both decisions had huge influence on the game. Three minutes extra in second half was a joke but we messed up two possible attacks in that period

4 hours ago, OTT said:

Clancy was pathetic. 

He was pretty much refusing to penalise accies for about the most blatant time wasting you'll see. 

Clancy has always been a waste off space !

3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Ah here he is. Everyone cheats us. 
Big bad cheaters refs against Hearts again!!! 
Had our players done their jobs properly we wouldn’t be caring about injury time. 
You bash on with your conspiracy though 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Clancy has always been a waste off space !

Disagree. Clancy was a decent ref when he started out in the top league, but as with all others, has got worse as he has gained more experience. The standard of Scottish refereeing is shockingly poor.

6 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Ok, let’s say it wasn’t cheating.

Whether we would have, should have or could have scored is irrelevant. If you are incompetent enough to think that there was only 3 minutes injury time in that 2nd half, then you definitely should not be getting upwards of a grand when timekeeping is a major part of your remit.

One thing is for sure, the Hamilton goalkeeper WAS cheating and Clancy, the only man who could prevent it, was allowing him to do so. Does he think fans are mugs? We knew what the goalie was up to and he’s an arrogant prick to think we don’t know that he knew what the goalie was up to.

Do you think it didn’t go through his head that if 5 or 6 minutes go up, as it should have, Tynecastle was going to go tonto as we sought a winner? Instead he signals 3 and the ground gives a collective, “WTF?”

I’ve been saying for years that timekeeping should be taken out of the referee’s hands and the game should be 30 minutes of ball in  play each half. 

There was a game about 10 years ago against Kilmarnock that we lost 1-0. I think it was Eremenko who was ordered off. It was, like today, a controversial call. There was a stramash and treatment to an injury, a discussion with linesmen/4th official and that incident alone took fully EIGHT minutes to resolve yet the REFEREE (the sole arbiter) only added five minutes. We were shocking and could have played until the following Saturday and not scored but that didn’t make it right for the ref to only add 5 minutes. 

That’s the rules and Clancy has no right to say, “Ach, Hearts are pish and they’re not going to score anyway.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/kilmarnock-to-appeal-over-alexei-eremenkos-1096920

I don't actively disagree with pretty much all of that and again, I said I also don't think that the referee should  be in charge of timekeeping so I think we are largely on the same wavelength here. The only point I'm arguing is that it's not down to out and out cheating by the official.

You believe it should be 30 minutes of the ball in play per half, but why not 45? My assumption, and it is just that so correct me if I'm wrong, is that it's because if you're stopping the clock every time someone goes down or there is a break in play then the match will end up lasting 90 minutes, or thereabouts, regardless. By that logic if the referee stops his watch every time someone goes down or there is a break in play under the current rules then the game could last almost 2 hours.

Is the goalie cheating every time he takes his sweet time moving the ball or going down holding his leg? Maybe, but he's allowed to move the ball, he's allowed to claim he's injured, to an extent and that extent has to be decided by the ref. But what about when a player steals 3 yards at a throw in? Or moves the ball half a yard forward at a free kick so it sits up better? These things could all be labelled 'cheating' but in reality things can't be as black and white as that or it would ruin the game.

It's taking advantage of a situation to the benefit of the team. It's only ever cheating when it's the other team that's doing it.

I just don't believe Clancy or any other ref gives enough of a **** about Hearts that they think to themselves "I'm going to make an error just to spite them" and I think it's a sorry excuse to make for a poor performance. 

Incompetence or interpretation of the rules, but not cheating. IMO of course.

4 hours ago, OTT said:

Clancy was pathetic. 

But the ‘experts’ on the radio were praising Hamilton for “digging in”. The time wasting was a disgrace. Totally anti football and some people see it as a positive. Football fans pay good money to see a game getting the life sucked out of it by Hamilton’s keeper. How he wasn’t booked is beyond me.

Clancy is ****in horrendous 🤣🤣🤣

He stopped us attacking at one point while he chose to stop play,  remove his wee note pad and write Heart's are Jobbys on it Ffs.

He didn't send off anyone although he was for once near the play, the lino called it.

He completely ignored the keeper wasting time for the entire game. 

He's properly Shite unlike the blatant cheats that are Madden,  Beaton  etc etc

3 hours ago, whytebeard said:

ta

Personal abuse, eh?  That is a silly thing to do.  There's a big difference between insulting an opinion than a person but, I don't suppose that even registers?  Unlike some of the snowflakes on here I won't report you.

With 3 minutes to go, did we look like getting the equaliser?  No!  Did we get one?  Yes!

So much for the rank pessimism.  Where there's time there's hope!  Well, for some of us!

HillmanHearts

Don't really blame Hamilton for wasting time in the circumstances. But FFS you expect the officials officiate professionally and impartially.

3 minutes was a total  joke. 

Double that at least.