• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Bridge of Djoum

• Dawnrazor

• Phil Dunphy

The name of that other forum used to (might still) get starred out on here :lol: someone sent me a pm about it once and I had no idea what they were on about. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

14 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Never knew about that other Hearts forum but I do recognize many usernames.  I assume its for folk that got emptied from here? 

😂

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It would also need an overhaul of the way celebrities use the media to promote themselves when it suits.

100%

AlphonseCapone
On 17/02/2020 at 17:40, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There are literally no credible suggestions that the blood was from self harming.

Words of the woman herself that the blood was hers. Of course she isn't exactly an impartial observator but then nor are the newspapers. 

Full unpublished post she wrote but was advised not to publish for anyone interested;

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/caroline-flack-unpublished-instagram-post-she-wrote-before-death-1-6520870

I P Knightley
10 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’d happily post the link in here, but I’m not sure the Mods would like it. Since the fora in question is included in the swear filter. 

But if anyone’s interested in reading it, they can just google “Inter-fora sandy”. Starts about page 7. 

Some folk invest way too much emotion in their football discussion forum, with an unhealthy passion for being proved to have the right opinion. Apparently, two different discussion boards discussing the same matter can be "rivals".

How sad are these attention seekers that go to someone's house they did not know and lay flowers just because the death is a 'famous' one.  Wonder if they laid flowers on the other 250,000 people who died on Saturday.

I was a very young man when 'Princess' Diana died.  That nauseating, self fulfilling, faux grieving and over indulgent Tsunami was enough to put me of not just celebrities but people in general.  That shit changed my outlook.

27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How sad are these attention seekers that go to someone's house they did not know and lay flowers just because the death is a 'famous' one.  Wonder if they laid flowers on the other 250,000 people who died on Saturday.

What a weird thing to expect. 

“People paying their respects? What a shower of arseholes.”

Change the record fs. 

I P Knightley
23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I was a very young man when 'Princess' Diana died.  That nauseating, self fulfilling, faux grieving and over indulgent Tsunami was enough to put me of not just celebrities but people in general.  That shit changed my outlook.

I don't know why 'Princess' is in quote marks - didn't she retain her title until death?

But I agree with you. I actually know some people who went off to Kensington or wherever to sign a book of condolence and lay some flowers. I urged them to save their money at to take me out for a beer or two; doing so would have been at least as beneficial a use of their money. I also got thoroughly pissed off when someone from the BBC contacted asking why we were going ahead with business as usual on the day of her funeral, almost demanding that I and my colleagues and all our customers (none of whom had been invited to the funeral) join in with the mawkishness.

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What a weird thing to expect. 

“People paying their respects? What a shower of arseholes.”

Change the record fs. 

But why are they leaving flowers for someone they did not know? That’s the point he is making. 

It is utterly bizarre behaviour. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But why are they leaving flowers for someone they did not know? That’s the point he is making. 

They'll be part of the problem and are the sun's target readership.

58 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Paying respects to someone you didn’t know is bizarre behaviour? Really?

What a dreadfully cynical world you must live in. 

19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

empathy
noun
  1. the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

sociopath
    noun

1. a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behaviour.

dobmisterdobster

Are there really people suggesting the press shouldn't have reported on her allegedly assaulting her boyfriend?

RIP Caroline

29 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Are there really people suggesting the press shouldn't have reported on her allegedly assaulting her boyfriend?

RIP Caroline

I think they should have but the way they did is what should be looked at. Changing that would change the foundations of how these papers work though. Carolines Law shouldn’t just be about Celebs plenty of non-famous people get the same treatment. Social Media is full of abuse and trolling. 

Never really known much about her , however the blaming of the CPS is awful. To say they shouldn’t have adjudged that there is enough to take it to trial is ridiculous and something like that is why a minority of domestic violence cases see the violent partner arrested , tried and found guilty. Everyone has seen the girl smacked by the bf in the street. Go to help and she turns on you. People in that situation will go through it for a good period of time before escaping , if they ever do. CPS have to push on with these things to try and change that. 

Having read her unpublished post it seemed a cry for help but also a nod towards she had behaved inappropriately. That is the tragic part that she felt there was no other way out. 

Edited by sadj

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Don’t get me wrong, It’s desperately sad, but surely buying flowers is something you do for someone you know as a friend or a family member. 

And @Cade you can be empathetic without publicly displaying it in a way that suggests the deceased was something more than just a person on the tv.  

36 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don’t get me wrong, It’s desperately sad, but surely buying flowers is something you do for someone you know as a friend or a family member. 

And @Cade you can be empathetic without publicly displaying it in a way that suggests the deceased was something more than just a person on the tv.  

Like Lord BJ says, it’s not an uncommon occurrence for sporting heroes or musicians so it’s not that strange for a TV personality really. I wanted to take the day off to pay my respects to Dave Mackays funeral cortège but couldn’t, despite the fact I never met him. 

At the very least, things like this might be of a small comfort to her family. 

I read Caroline Flack is the 4th person associated with Love Island to take their own life.

I think it's no coincidence that reality TV and showbiz in general attracts people with fragile mental health. They are seeking something that is unlikely to be found in fame, ie self esteem. If you look at Maslow's hierarchy of needs most people have their basic needs met, but in today's fragmented society struggle with the higher ones. They then seek to boost their psychological needs by getting their 15 minutes of fame. Or as was mentioned above, over investing their sense of self worth on social media in general, or football forums in particular...

Screenshot_20200220-170004~2.png

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why does it need i8's approval and understanding to be validated?

Just now, Smithee said:

Why does it need i8's approval and understanding to be validated?

I never said it did. I was just agreeing with his point. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I never said it did. I was just agreeing with his point. 

Fair enough.

They feel something you don't, if you're not into it what else is there to really say about it?

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

I read Caroline Flack is the 4th person associated with Love Island to take their own life.

I think it's no coincidence that reality TV and showbiz in general attracts people with fragile mental health. They are seeking something that is unlikely to be found in fame, ie self esteem. If you look at Maslow's hierarchy of needs most people have their basic needs met, but in today's fragmented society struggle with the higher ones. They then seek to boost their psychological needs by getting their 15 minutes of fame. Or as was mentioned above, over investing their sense of self worth on social media in general, or football forums in particular...

Screenshot_20200220-170004~2.png

I'd suggest it attracts narcissists but the problems begin when their needs for attention/adoration is no longer met. I doubt that is the case with Flack (she's had a successful career spanning 20 years on TV/media) - it seems like she was struggling with the realisation that her career was about to collapse given the impending court case. 

I don't want to get into this too much - I did work with a female who committed suicide by hanging. She had a very successful career, was an adoring mother and was about to embark on a new relationship. I worked with her most days and I knew her very well. I never suspected there was anything "wrong" , ever. 

On 16/02/2020 at 18:19, shaun.lawson said:

There's this basic tenet we all live by in a civilised society. It's called innocent until proven guilty. Without that basic tenet, we get mob rule by a pack of hyenas. We also get things like gangs of brain-dead morons attacking paediatrician's homes because they don't understand the difference between 'paediatrician' and 'paedophile'.

Every time I see people leap to conclusions about someone's innocence or guilt before a trial's even taken place, I always wonder to myself how they'd feel if they were ever charged with a crime they didn't commit. Or even, charged with a crime they did commit. Judge the action, not the person. 

There's people on this forum who openly boast about having lost their virginity before they reached the age of consent; openly boast about having used drugs; and openly boast about getting falling down incapable on a regular basis. In the first two cases, they broke the law. In the last case, they behaved with reckless irresponsibility and think doing so is hilarious. Then there's those who regularly drive over the speed limit, or drive while talking on a hands-free mobile, or whatever. To put it another way: everyone makes mistakes and everyone does stupid things all the time.

But so many just can't admit to that. Instead, their idea of 'empathy' is "well I wouldn't have done that in the same situation" (actually, you don't have the faintest idea what you would have done given you weren't that person in that situation); and whose response to the above will be "well I never beat up my partner!", as though that somehow negates their own illegal and/or irresponsible behaviour. And they're desperate to negate it, because they're desperate to look down on and attack others.

My own view is that people whose every last move is covered by the tabloid press - denied any kind of privacy or personal life - are much, much more likely to have dysfunctional relationships and end up with mental health problems. The way famous people are treated by our culture is disgusting and inhuman. Incredibly, what happened to Diana - and there's people on this very thread who thought jokes about her death were hilarious too - changed nothing. So much so that the same tabloid press which chased her to her death then started harassing her own son's wife. Kudos to her for getting the hell out of dodge with her husband and child.

It's grotesque. It isn't normal; there's only a few countries in the world with a press this feral, this disgusting. And the hateful, judgemental, pious, moralising (except when boasting about their own debauchery, of course - BECAUSE THAT'S DIFFERENT) British public just lap it up.

Are those who hound and harrass celebs on Twitter as equally reprehensible as the press? 🤔

AlphonseCapone
11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's certainly not something I'd do for a stranger. 

That said, I also find the fact people on the Internet can get annoyed at the behaviour of strangers that has zero impact on there lives, utterly bizarre behaviour. 

9 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Are those who hound and harrass celebs on Twitter as equally reprehensible as the press? 🤔

People who hound and harrass anyone on twitter are as bad as the press. 

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

People who hound and harrass anyone on twitter are as bad as the press. 

Indeed, defamatory posts all over the place. Thankfully one well-known troll on Twitter has decided to take a self-imposed break from that platform following yet another meltdown. Hope the rest follow suit. 

• 5 months later...
Салатные палочки

Strange comment on the news there. 

It was said in court that Flack had waited until her boyfriend was asleep and checked his phone where she had seen text messages from another girl. She then hit him and according to the reporter "police said that this was domestic abuse". 

Well it is isn't it? If you lift your hands to your girlfriend, wife, boyfriend, husband, it's domestic abuse. 

The issue with the Caroline Flack case is the way the media reported it.

And it make me think if the media should report the names of people charged with crimes before they are found either guilty or innocent as it can destroy a innocent life but saying the name can help and that wasn’t the fault of the police.

3 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

And it make me think if the media should report the names of people charged with crimes before they are found either guilty or innocent as it can destroy a innocent life but saying the name can help and that wasn’t the fault of the police.

Harvey Weinstein would still be running around poking his deformed thang into actresses if this was the case though...

Caroline Flack seemed to have some issues which seemed to manifest in her relationships - younger men, rows etc I suspect she was both insecure and immature. I think everyone knows that with celebrity comes benefits such as money and validation, and costs such as lack of privacy and an absolute doing if you transgress...It's a trade-off. Considering the stuff that some celebs do - Weinstein, Cosby, Tyson, Sophie Anderton, smacking a 6'3 tennis player wasn't exactly the crime of the century. Clearly she lacked perspective, like a bullied teenager who feels driven to suicide...

6 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

That's a more wide-ranging issue than you might think. Under current legislation if you (male or female) accuse someone of rape, they can instantly be named having been charged. However you are allowed anonymity. If it turns out later that you have lied, only then can your name be made public. At the expense of having the other person's life being ruined whilst being totally innocent. 

The idea behind it is that it is more likely that people will report rapes, and that is a good thing, but i don't think the accused should be named until proven guilty in a court of law

Bindy Badgy
On 20/02/2020 at 15:21, dobmisterdobster said:

RIP Caroline

Reporting should be banned until a conviction has been maintained. Unless someone more familiar with the justice system can give a reason why I'm wrong?

31 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Reporting should be banned until a conviction has been maintained. Unless someone more familiar with the justice system can give a reason why I'm wrong?

Looking for other victims to come forward, possibly. 

Alleged offenders should be anonymous until proven guilty in a court of law.

Otherwise you risk innocent people being labelled as a beast then found not guilty but the mud sticking anyway.

And in more serious trials that require a jury, naming defendants beforehand risks prejudicing the jurors, allowing mistrials to occur and guilty people to get off on a technicality.

So to protect innocent people from being tarnished and to prevent guilty people escaping justice, anonymity should be universal until the verdict is given.