• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Bridge of Djoum

• Dawnrazor

• Phil Dunphy

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yes it's a surprise that there's faux mourning on facebook over the death of a celeb :lol:

I don't know what she was like as a person but the thing that annoys me is the media's role in all this. Can say celebrities sign up for it when they decide to become to famous but I don't think anything can prepare you for the scrutiny the press out you under. Scum, the lot of them. 

Donald Trump has had far more vile left wing press coverage than Caroline Flack ever did from the media in general. You're toxic leftism is evident. 

41 minutes ago, moogsy said:

It’s pretty standard for employers to suspend people facing criminal charges, especially ones as serious as domestic assault.

Not sure what else you could expect ITV to do.

No it isn't. 

The standard nowadays is to avoid criminal charges affecting people's employment. 

Just the fact this was very public so ITV were thinking of their reputation. 

Having had the misfortune of having to deal with death by suicide, and other reasons,there is nothing bad enough to make it an answer. The vision of the finality of death has assured me of this.

5 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Believed to have killed herself.

Always sad to know that a person is in such a bad place that they feel this is the only option open to them.

RIP

This and only this. TV 'celebs' are by definition self-centered egocentrics who are only interested in their image. I've never watched a single episode of Love Island but it seems that its 'stars' are of a similar ilk. These people live in a Truman Show style bubble and their appearance in Hello and these trash mags are more important to them than anything else. Detached from reality which is bizarre as these shows are termed reality shows. Her manager/PA/media or whoever will quickly move on to the next 'star' and this poor girl will be consigned to history in a few short weeks. Fame? Ram it sideways.

Sexton Hardcastle

Is it sad that someone has taken their life, yes.

Were this a man who was charged with DV would they be getting the same sympathy, no.

Are the media like Morgan, Hopkins. Daily mail etc *******s, yes.

Stop making idiots and vulnerable people famous. Stop this instagram lifestyle.

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Were this a man who was charged with DV would they be getting the same sympathy, no.

The Daily Mail is of Sexton origin Sexton. Don't be a prat son.

luckyBatistuta
7 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Could be wrong but don’t think she’s ever been married? She had a relationship with the guy she was 31 he was 17 she got hellish press but he got nothing he was a “bloke” doing “bloke” things. Jealousy possibly played a big part in the situation she paid the price the rolls are reversed Rod Stewart, Michael Douglas but that’s okay.

I was just responding to Salad Fingers post about being with a 16 year old. I thought it was Styles he was talking about and that she was married at the time, obviously wrong on that. If I had been 17 and a 31 year old that looked like her was interested, I would not have had to think twice. On your rolls reversed point, I agree, but...if it had been a male celebrity who had been accused of the same assault on his girlfriend, then I reckon the backlash would have been even worse for them. At the end of the day, she’s only 40 years old and lost her life, it’s such sad news. Having just tragically lost a close family member too young and the devastation this has brought upon our family, my thoughts are with her family at this time.

6 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

That's my position. Called a few folk on facebook out for their blind outpouring further death. They don't seem to like it when you point out she was a domestic abuser (alledgedly).

7 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

This and only this. TV 'celebs' are by definition self-centered egocentrics who are only interested in their image. I've never watched a single episode of Love Island but it seems that its 'stars' are of a similar ilk. These people live in a Truman Show style bubble and their appearance in Hello and these trash mags are more important to them than anything else. Detached from reality which is bizarre as these shows are termed reality shows. Her manager/PA/media or whoever will quickly move on to the next 'star' and this poor girl will be consigned to history in a few short weeks. Fame? Ram it sideways.

Lucky you. I'd got away with it until last week when the misses put it on. After about 10 minutes I was wanting to gouge my eyes out with a teaspoon. Quite honestly the worst pish iv ever had to sit through. 

7 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

Lucky you. I'd got away with it until last week when the misses put it on. After about 10 minutes I was wanting to gouge my eyes out with a teaspoon. Quite honestly the worst pish iv ever had to sit through. 

Bit like big brother, and the other rubbish shows, total sadness for this lass, must have been in a terrible place.

8 hours ago, JustinT said:

Donald Trump has had far more vile left wing press coverage than Caroline Flack ever did from the media in general. You're toxic leftism is evident. 

Good one man. What else can you tell me about myself? Clearly itk. 

Never thought I'd see trump compared to caroline flack but either way - many people who get themselves into a celebrity position are not equipped to deal with it and media outlets rip them to shreds on an hourly basis, and then apparently delete all evidence of it once they kill themselves. Whatever you think of trump he's clearly a big character who doesn't give a **** what folk think of him, not saying that means he deserves the 'vile left wing media coverage' but it means he will dismiss it more than the average D list celeb. 

Think about the time you were at your lowest you have ever been and multiply that by 1000 then that is what someone who is depressed feels.

Add zeroes on when it gets to the stage of committing suicide.

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Dead at 40.  Sad to see someone that young and talented go off the rails like she did. 

Always a sad state of affairs when someone figures their best option is to take their own life. 

But what was her talent? 

Just now, I P Knightley said:

Always a sad state of affairs when someone figures their best option is to take their own life. 

But what was her talent? 

I actually liked her as a presenter (albeit I couldn’t stand half the shite she was presenting, but it wasn’t a slant on her).  She was incredible on strictly as well and she was doing well on the west end before all the shit kicked off.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

But what was her talent? 

Not sure what then need for that question is? 
Not difficult to find out that she was a TV presenter of various popular TV shows with very high viewing figures. 

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I was just responding to Salad Fingers post about being with a 16 year old. I thought it was Styles he was talking about and that she was married at the time, obviously wrong on that. If I had been 17 and a 31 year old that looked like her was interested, I would not have had to think twice. On your rolls reversed point, I agree, but...if it had been a male celebrity who had been accused of the same assault on his girlfriend, then I reckon the backlash would have been even worse for them. At the end of the day, she’s only 40 years old and lost her life, it’s such sad news. Having just tragically lost a close family member too young and the devastation this has brought upon our family, my thoughts are with her family at this time.

It’s terrible really is the lassie has had issues and she thought the only way out was what she did and that’s horrendous for her and those who are left wondering,  feeling guilty and could they have done more. But nobody knows unless it’s affected them personally how it feels to feel that way everyone can say they the right things or think they are saying the right things it’s no as simple as that.

Placid Casual
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

That's my position. Called a few folk on facebook out for their blind outpouring further death. They don't seem to like it when you point out she was a domestic abuser (alledgedly).

Maybe they think your ‘position’ is completely irrelevant right now.

Edited by Placid Casual

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

You social media bully, you. 

😆 and a "racist" don't forget that one!!!!

Seriously though, I just don't get him.

I wonder if he'll raise his head on her suicide after his recent comments? Maybe he has?

Apparently her mental health problems where well known and the ***** in the tabloids still plastered her stories and shit about her assault charges all over the news.

People make mistakes she would have been punished and that should been it. But because she is well known the media went after her and made her quite obviously depressed. 

The tabloids can GTF. Deleting stories about her say it all. Hope the journalists are proud of their achievements. 

Been having my own issues with mental health recently couldnt imagine it being plastered all over social media anaw for the world to see (I get the irony me posting it here)

The world isnt ready to deal with this crisis. It is a ****ig tragedy she felt she had to do this. Bet she felt she couldnt talk to anyone. 

I couldn't ever imagine myself harming myselt But I never imagined for a second though I would be of suffering from any sort of mental health problems. This story seriously gets to me and i didnt even know who this girl was. 

12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Apparently her mental health problems where well known and the ***** in the tabloids still plastered her stories and shit about her assault charges all over the news.

People make mistakes she would have been punished and that should been it. But because she is well known the media went after her and made her quite obviously depressed. 

The tabloids can GTF. Deleting stories about her say it all. Hope the journalists are proud of their achievements. 

Tabloids publish this crap because it is sadly what many of the general public want to read. They love a bit of juicy character assassination. 

23 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Tabloids publish this crap because it is sadly what many of the general public want to read. They love a bit of juicy character assassination. 

Sadly you have it spot on Ray, look at the stories the sun covers, would never buy that rag, 

I had a hard job watching Whitehouse farm, that was awfull, horrific event.

This is an interesting read from a barrister with no real knowledge of Caroline Flack and her specific case but gives an insight into what can happen with domestic abuse cases and even why CPS will still pursue a case even if the abused wishes to drop.

The last couple of posts are very pertinent in my about the wider issue of modern day society and the press.

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1228982820611248129

45 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Exhibit A: this thread.

A young woman kills herself - and the response of some utterly odious lowlifes is "DOMESTIC ABUSER SHAGGED A TEENAGER TOXIC LEFTISTS WHY IS SHE NOW A VICTIM" at a time her body isn't even cold yet.

What an absolutely hideous society Britain truly is when it raises so many creatures devoid of empathy, devoid of understanding, and who swallow everything they read from a media which makes money from destroying people's lives. 

And when the Executive Editor of The Sun pours out his grief and blames everyone else when his vile hate rag published this front page:

Sun241219.png

And this front page:

Sun010120.png

And when there have been scores and scores of articles on the Daily Mail website even since her death. More money for them! More money for them! MORE MONEY FOR THEM!

Blood on those newspapers' hands. And on that of all those who buy them, read them, and swallow whatever filth they put into print. Meanwhile, a devastated family and friends mourn - but who gives a shit about them eh?

Rest in peace, Caroline. 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

the only thing they love better is to build someone up as a hero only to tear them down just as quick

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, jamie1874 said:

Not sure what then need for that question is? 
Not difficult to find out that she was a TV presenter of various popular TV shows with very high viewing figures. 

Suicide is a tragedy - all suicide. Being 'talented' doesn't make it more tragic than any other suicide. I would argue that Caroline Flack was no more 'talented' than anyone else I know (or know of) who's committed suicide and, therefore, don't believe that mention of her 'talent' is relevant.

Futhermore, I would bet that if there had been a JKB thread headed "Caroline Flack - what's she like?", it would be chock full of posts saying very dismissive things (to put it as mildly and respectfully as I can).

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Suicide is a tragedy - all suicide. Being 'talented' doesn't make it more tragic than any other suicide. I would argue that Caroline Flack was no more 'talented' than anyone else I know (or know of) who's committed suicide and, therefore, don't believe that mention of her 'talent' is relevant.

Futhermore, I would bet that if there had been a JKB thread headed "Caroline Flack - what's she like?", it would be chock full of posts saying very dismissive things (to put it as mildly and respectfully as I can).

Yep.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

A young woman kills herself - and the response of some utterly odious lowlifes is "DOMESTIC ABUSER SHAGGED A TEENAGER TOXIC LEFTISTS WHY IS SHE NOW A VICTIM" at a time her body isn't even cold yet.

What an absolutely hideous society Britain truly is when it raises so many creatures devoid of empathy, devoid of understanding, and who swallow everything they read from a media which makes money from destroying people's lives. 

And when the Executive Editor of The Sun pours out his grief and blames everyone else when his vile hate rag published this front page:

Sun241219.png

And this front page:

Sun010120.png

And when there have been scores and scores of articles on the Daily Mail website even since her death. More money for them! More money for them! MORE MONEY FOR THEM!

Blood on those newspapers' hands. And on that of all those who buy them, read them, and swallow whatever filth they put into print. Meanwhile, a devastated family and friends mourn - but who gives a shit about them eh?

Rest in peace, Caroline. 

So anyone who forms an opinion must have got it from a newspaper? If someone you know is arrested and charged for a crime they allegedly commited and someone else subsequently comes forward to report a similar crime commited against them by that person, you can't form an opinion unless you have read it in a newspaper? 

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Sun241219.png

And this front page:

Sun010120.png

Rest in peace, Caroline. 

Well said!

It was the same with coronavirus with people saying "leave them there" with our own folk needing brought home. We really are a bunch of heartless barstewards.

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

So anyone who forms an opinion must have got it from a newspaper? If someone you know is arrested and charged for a crime they allegedly commited and someone else subsequently comes forward to report a similar crime commited against them by that person, you can't form an opinion unless you have read it in a newspaper? 

This was being pushed by the authorities, not the boyfriend.

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

This was being pushed by the authorities, not the boyfriend.

Another explanation similar to above

Nazir Afzal is the person in Police who finally did something about the Yorkshire grooming gangs.

The fact that someone takes their own life is a human tragedy

Her family and friends will be hurting and thoughts with them

However this does not mean the truth has to be hidden or ignored.

You go into the public eye and you know what will happen re scrutiny of your life and she was part of that by planting stories and selling them to the media in the past. You cannot have it both ways.

The court case that was to come would have damaged her reputation should she have been found guilty and her boyfriend did not help matters by trying pretend nothing really happened when it should have forced her to face up to her actions

Had it been the other way round the male would have been given short shrift from the media.

You'd like to think she sought help but perhaps not or it just was not enough to stop this sad situation

3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Agree that all Suicide Is tragic. However the fact that she is in the public eye is relevant. 

Living in the public eye makes her more of a target to trolls and the scum media that is allowed to write stories with very little consequences. People pass more judgement because the persons career has taken them in to TV.  As illustrated by you marking the point about what a thread on JKB would have done.

social media has been able to grow with faceless trolls and Keyboard warriors for years. The media continue to write stories influencing people’s view regardless of truth (and taking about more than one individual here.)

The difference with someone in the public eye taking their life is that it opens up a wider debate about the causes of so many people taking their own life now compared to years ago. Hopefully some good can come from this where more accountability is taken by social media In what they allow people to post without consequences and ‘journalists’ in their reporting, but I have no doubt we will move on in a few weeks to the press and trolls hounding and making judgement of someone else we know nothing about.  

The press are no doubt very happy to give details on gory subjects, but it is interesting to see what the ordinary man thinks interesting and funny.  Right on this very forum was a thread that I personally see as repulsive. Guessing which older characters and celebrities will die this year, the fact is that it is possible that someone on here may have even posted will be gone before any of them. I even got a personal comment of course it was funny that I should be on the list, somehow I wasn't laughing. My point is that the Rags that call themselv es part of the nass media are very wisely catering to the sordid nature of the human race, they are not doing it for nothing they are making a fortune from it, but like so many other things when b rought under criticism no one admits to reading  their journalism.

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

There's this basic tenet we all live by in a civilised society. It's called innocent until proven guilty. Without that basic tenet, we get mob rule by a pack of hyenas. We also get things like gangs of brain-dead morons attacking paediatrician's homes because they don't understand the difference between 'paediatrician' and 'paedophile'.

Every time I see people leap to conclusions about someone's innocence or guilt before a trial's even taken place, I always wonder to myself how they'd feel if they were ever charged with a crime they didn't commit. Or even, charged with a crime they did commit. Judge the action, not the person. 

There's people on this forum who openly boast about having lost their virginity before they reached the age of consent; openly boast about having used drugs; and openly boast about getting falling down incapable on a regular basis. In the first two cases, they broke the law. In the last case, they behaved with reckless irresponsibility and think doing so is hilarious. Then there's those who regularly drive over the speed limit, or drive while talking on a hands-free mobile, or whatever. To put it another way: everyone makes mistakes and everyone does stupid things all the time.

But so many just can't admit to that. Instead, their idea of 'empathy' is "well I wouldn't have done that in the same situation" (actually, you don't have the faintest idea what you would have done given you weren't that person in that situation); and whose response to the above will be "well I never beat up my partner!", as though that somehow negates their own illegal and/or irresponsible behaviour. And they're desperate to negate it, because they're desperate to look down on and attack others.

My own view is that people whose every last move is covered by the tabloid press - denied any kind of privacy or personal life - are much, much more likely to have dysfunctional relationships and end up with mental health problems. The way famous people are treated by our culture is disgusting and inhuman. Incredibly, what happened to Diana - and there's people on this very thread who thought jokes about her death were hilarious too - changed nothing. So much so that the same tabloid press which chased her to her death then started harassing her own son's wife. Kudos to her for getting the hell out of dodge with her husband and child.

It's grotesque. It isn't normal; there's only a few countries in the world with a press this feral, this disgusting. And the hateful, judgemental, pious, moralising (except when boasting about their own debauchery, of course - BECAUSE THAT'S DIFFERENT) British public just lap it up.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Domestic violence either matters or it doesn’t. The rules don’t change for celebs.

Her management’s statement yesterday was a disgrace.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Domestic violence either matters or it doesn’t. The rules don’t change for celebs.

Her management’s statement yesterday was a disgrace.

Issues like that are either discussed seriously or they're not.

Describing what happened as a BLOODBATH isn't discussing it at all seriously and is openly prejudicing a fair trial. Because mud sticks. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Describing what happened as a BLOODBATH isn't discussing it at all seriously and is openly prejudicing a fair trial. Because mud sticks. 

Her management company didn’t have a pop at the media. They had a pop at the CPS. They’ve zero right to do that.

I P Knightley

How on earth did we end up with a press that does more to scrutinise the lives of people like Caroline Flack and Meghan Markle than it does the elected representatives of the people? That props up a dying print media through victimisation, lies, and bullying?

I'm not sure that this shows up correctly,. The above wise words are not my own but adopted on my Twitter feed because a friend has retweeted them. A depressingly accurate read on a school night. 

4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Especially when the full facts weren’t known or put across since the incident. The blood has now been reported as being from her self-harming. Her partner has been stating this for weeks, yet only now is it being reported in the press as such. 

The woman clearly wasn’t well mentally, went to hospital as a result of fairly deep cuts by the looks of it. 
Likely killed herself as a result of fear/shame of body cam videos of her in an unclothed distressed state being played out in court for all and sundry to see. 

Don’t care about her more than any other average member of the public but It’s a sin she was driven to this by poor judgement of police and the CPS and the fact it has been so highly publicised. 

The press treated her as a criminal, now all of a sudden (due to circumstances they helped form) she’s a victim. 

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

How on earth did we end up with a press that does more to scrutinise the lives of people like Caroline Flack and Meghan Markle than it does the elected representatives of the people? That props up a dying print media through victimisation, lies, and bullying?

I'm not sure that this shows up correctly,. The above wise words are not my own but adopted on my Twitter feed because a friend has retweeted them. A depressingly accurate read on a school night. 

Wow, they managed to keep the rumours that Soapy was a high profile sex offender for over four years! Mackay was also a known sexual predator. Sturgeon knew but kept it very hush hush. Deary me. Sturgeon's beyond words, she knew but decided to cover it up. Snp gifs incoming.

Edited by JustinT

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Do you know what a gif is? 

It's the same as a gilf, only during or after the act. If you get the picture.