• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Bridge of Djoum

• Dawnrazor

• Phil Dunphy

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Dead at 40.  Sad to see someone that young and talented go off the rails like she did. 

Found in her flat dearie me.

Believed to have killed herself.

Always sad to know that a person is in such a bad place that they feel this is the only option open to them.

RIP

Салатные палочки

Wonder if battering her boyfriend with a lamp and subsequent charges had anything to do with it. 

Sad news. Unfortunately this kind of thing doesn't surprise me. These celebrities live a life that I can't even imagine. Fair enough they've got money and that but I couldn't handle my life being in the press, every movement pictured by the daily mail and judged 24/7 on social media. **** that. 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Wonder if battering her boyfriend with a lamp and subsequent charges had anything to do with it. 

Or the media coverage 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

To be fair, she was pretty messed up before that as well.  

Brighton Jambo

Media should take a lot of blame but this should be a real warning to all those young people who crave celebrity - be careful what you wish for.

a lot of the people who will be most ‘heartbroken’ about this on social media will be the same ones who were lapping you all the toxic media attention she has been getting of late.  

whole thing is just such a tragic waste of a young life.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Media should take a lot of blame but this should be a real warning to all those young people who crave celebrity - be careful what you wish for.

a lot of the people who will be most ‘heartbroken’ about this on social media will be the same ones who were lapping you all the toxic media attention she has been getting of late.  

whole thing is just such a tragic waste of a young life.  

This.

Her family and friends will be in bits.

4 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Horrible. But the Netflix documentary should be entertaining, at least. 

:D

11 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Horrible. But the Netflix documentary should be entertaining, at least. 

Ooft!!!

Terrible and tragic, I feel for her family.

Салатные палочки

Remember she was shagging a 16 year old boy at one time. Can't believe the faux-mourning on Facebook right now. 

Sad yes but let's not kid ourselves she was a nice person. 

Having enjoyed a long and productive life I always have such deep sorrow for someone who has lived such a short time, sometimes life becomes tiring. On a visit to here in Canada my mother who was in her late seventies was asked by an aunt if she thought of or feared dying, her response has stuck with me over the years." I'll be glad of the rest". Possibly this young lady although much younger had the same feeling, if so I hope it is a satisfying rest.

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Remember she was shagging a 16 year old boy at one time. Can't believe the faux-mourning on Facebook right now. 

Yes it's a surprise that there's faux mourning on facebook over the death of a celeb :lol:

I don't know what she was like as a person but the thing that annoys me is the media's role in all this. Can say celebrities sign up for it when they decide to become to famous but I don't think anything can prepare you for the scrutiny the press out you under. Scum, the lot of them. 

Better call Saul
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

I see what you did there

(Wished i knew what was missing to do a smiley thing) 

Edited by Ferris Bueller

Don’t know too much about Caroline but she seemed a troubled soul. Her tragic demise highlights the pressures some seek whilst chasing fame when they should be looking for and living a normal life. Sadly it’s something that’s missed by so many chasing the dream. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

Shanks said no
9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Never heard of her but always sad to hear of someone taking their own life 

I would endorse this

Placid Casual

Poor lass. Feel for her family and friends. The tabloid press have a lot to answer for. Flack had talked openly about depression and anxiety in recent years.

Sad to see a few classless comments on this thread, which sits alongside a 32 page thread on depression.

2 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

I hope the twat David Walliams is pleased with himself and his cheap jokes at her expense at the last awards ceremony.

He is a creepy twat that yin .

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Meanwhile the Sun and Mirror have started deleting old articles about her. 

Have they?!!

47 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

I hope the twat David Walliams is pleased with himself and his cheap jokes at her expense at the last awards ceremony.

Exactly - smug tit

SectionDJambo

I had never heard of her before the incident that got her charged. From what I'm hearing and reading, yet another victim of social media and press gossip.

No doubt there will be many who had plenty to say about her, during her life, who will rewrite their opinions and delete the old ones. The attention seeking lurvies will be all over the poor girl's desperate end.

Social Media, probably a good thing in the right hands, has been overwhelmed by nutters, bullies and just plain ignorant thick heads. All looking to be noticed and spoken about. Andy Warhol predicted that everyone would have a few minutes of fame in their lifetime. He wasn't too far wrong, depending on the extent of that fame, but he probably didn't think that most of them would seek their short fame by being so nasty and cruel to other human beings.

It's always sad to think of someone who is so down with their short time on the planet, that they feel that taking their own life is the only solution.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

If I remember right, she left her marriage to have a fling with Harry Styles after he had just become famous, so he must have been really young. I’m not saying she was a saint, I’ve never been keen on her and if she did do what she was accused of, then she was definitely out of order. It is still sad though, that everyone who is remotely famous who makes the slightest mistake in their life, is rounded upon by the usual pack of wolves, all wanting their pound of flesh, trying to wreck their careers and lives. Watch the backtracking from some begin

Sad, sad news, 

RIP

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Very sad. 

The tabloids deleting old stories is telling. If they're too insensitive now that she's dead, why were they appropriate when she was alive?

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Let's not kid ourselves on we know anything about people just because we read the news. 

2 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Very sad. 

The tabloids deleting old stories is telling. If they're too insensitive now that she's dead, why were they appropriate when she was alive?

Yeah, noticing that on twitter. 

Pretty disgusting and shows that despite publishing they know the articles were unnecessary and inappropriate. 

I hope the family sue. This sort of gutter journalism should be done away with. Adds zero value to the world and quite obviously preys on people. 

4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If I remember right, she left her marriage to have a fling with Harry Styles after he had just become famous, so he must have been really young. I’m not saying she was a saint, I’ve never been keen on her and if she did do what she was accused of, then she was definitely out of order. It is still sad though, that everyone who is remotely famous who makes the slightest mistake in their life, is rounded upon by the usual pack of wolves, all wanting their pound of flesh, trying to wreck their careers and lives. Watch the backtracking from some begin

Sad, sad news, 

RIP

Could be wrong but don’t think she’s ever been married? She had a relationship with the guy she was 31 he was 17 she got hellish press but he got nothing he was a “bloke” doing “bloke” things. Jealousy possibly played a big part in the situation she paid the price the rolls are reversed Rod Stewart, Michael Douglas but that’s okay.

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Let's not kid ourselves on we know anything about people just because we read the news. 

Oh 100%. But I'm not that stupid to believe what is written in the papers, having not read one for at least ten years. 

Don't think it was the press that charged her with domestic violence though. 

A lot of people talking about The Sun, social media etc. 

But I can see ITV as her employer coming in for the most scrutiny in how they handled the assault charge and whether they supported her at all. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But I can see ITV as her employer coming in for the most scrutiny in how they handled the assault charge and whether they supported her at all. 

But at what point do people take responsibility themselves? 

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

But at what point do people take responsibility themselves? 

Everyone is responsible for themselves. 

But we do better overall by supporting people too. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Everyone is responsible for themselves. 

But we do better overall by supporting people too. 

I totally agree, but there seems to be a lack of responsibility these days, always seems to be the fault of the papers, tv, twitter, Facebook ect.

Edited by Dawnrazor

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It’s pretty standard for employers to suspend people facing criminal charges, especially ones as serious as domestic assault.

Not sure what else you could expect ITV to do.

AlphonseCapone
35 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Oh 100%. But I'm not that stupid to believe what is written in the papers, having not read one for at least ten years. 

Don't think it was the press that charged her with domestic violence though. 

It wasn't the press that charged her no. But plenty people make mistakes. Sometimes serious mistakes. It doesn't always mean they are inherently bad people. No one knows what went down in the domestic violence case, that's what the trial would have determined. Wiser not to make any assumptions about the people involved until the full facts are known. 

Tbf maybe you know more about her than I do, I've never really followed her. But, I assume a consensual, relationship with someone younger than her and a domestic violence charge without full facts aren't enough for me to say she wasn't a nice person. Who knows what other things she done in her life, maybe she done lots for charities? People are complex. 

Anyway, not looking for an argument. Either way, a 40 year old has lost their life and there will be family and friends who are devastated which is always sad. 

Салатные палочки
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It wasn't the press that charged her no. But plenty people make mistakes. Sometimes serious mistakes. It doesn't always mean they are inherently bad people. No one knows what went down in the domestic violence case, that's what the trial would have determined. Wiser not to make any assumptions about the people involved until the full facts are known. 

Tbf maybe you know more about her than I do, I've never really followed her. But, I assume a consensual, relationship with someone younger than her and a domestic violence charge without full facts aren't enough for me to say she wasn't a nice person. Who knows what other things she done in her life, maybe she done lots for charities? People are complex. 

Anyway, not looking for an argument. Either way, a 40 year old has lost their life and there will be family and friends who are devastated which is always sad. 

It is a sad thing and perhaps I've been a bit harsh. I don't know loads about her but its the hypocrisy of the whole DV thing that annoys me in cases like this but that's an argument for another day.