Stendel Train.

kingantti1874

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

All that stuff about Levein and others is just irrelevant mumbo jumbo.     Stendel's job is to avoid relegation.     The squad he's got is a much better group of players than our relegation rivals.    He had his honeymoon period but it's come and gone.     People need to stop making excuses for him and start holding his performance to account.    Wallowing in an irrelevant past is not doing so.

Aye let's right off half a season like it doesn't matter haha 😂😂, sweep it under the carpet nothing to see here 👍

The squad he had like OAP Glen Whelan in the middle of the park, ravishing brute of a defender that is Berra, It may have escaped your attention but before Stendel could bring in any players, he had to get rid of the ones Levein had signed, that's a handicap right away the guy ain't superman, 

Can I ask did you back Levein?. 

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Spoleto

• Ethan Hunt

• The rat catcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You wonder when the gravity of the situation will dawn on some. 

We're behind the 8 ball. We're not gaining points on those around us. We're gifting around 2 goals a game. 

I'm toiling to see where the wins or points are coming from. 

I agree.   If you assume our direction of travel remains the same then wins are hard to visualise.     The one 'simple terms' thing we could do would be to avoid losing the first goal in every match.   Sometimes more than one.    Start a match.   Compete in it.   Stay in it.    Have a chance to win it.    Avoid being a one trick pony.    Predictable to counter.    

The players dsserve some credit for their recovery efforts in games.    Let's harness those battling qualities to go and win games.

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

All that stuff about Levein and others is just irrelevant mumbo jumbo.     Stendel's job is to avoid relegation.     The squad he's got is a much better group of players than our relegation rivals.    He had his honeymoon period but it's come and gone.     People need to stop making excuses for him and start holding his performance to account.    Wallowing in an irrelevant past is not doing so.

Your right it is Stendel's job to avoid relegation but should it of ever got to that stage, who is responsible for this.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye let's right off half a season like it doesn't matter haha 😂😂, sweep it under the carpet nothing to see here 👍

The squad he had like OAP Glen Whelan in the middle of the park, ravishing brute of a defender that is Berra, It may have escaped your attention but before Stendel could bring in any players, he had to get rid of the ones Levein had signed, that's a handicap right away the guy ain't superman, 

Can I ask did you back Levein?. 

You're a fool and I can't help you live in the present.    Go and cry about the past.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Your right it is Stendel's job to avoid relegation but should it of ever got to that stage, who is responsible for this.

Partly Levein, partly MacPhee and the coaches, and partly the players. Don’t think anyone is denying that.

What is also undeniable, is that Stendel is failing to get results.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Partly Levein, partly MacPhee and the coaches, and partly the players. Don’t think anyone is denying that.

What is also undeniable, is that Stendel is failing to get results.

He has now until the end of the season if we don't stay up I will hold my hands up, which is more than I can say for the the Levein backers 👍

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You're a fool and I can't help you live in the present.    Go and cry about the past.

Yesterday's result is in the past and you are crying about it we didn't lose, go and cry about yesterday's result 👍

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

He has now until the end of the season if we don't stay up I will hold my hands up, which is more than I can say for the the Levein backers 👍

It’s okay to recognise that Stendel is not getting results without harming back to Levein. Honestly, Levein failed, everyone recognises this. 

Now that we are all agreed on that. Stendel is not getting enough out of the team and that is down to him.

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Levein isn't the manager. 

Move on. The rest of us have.

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s okay to recognise that Stendel is not getting results without harming back to Levein. Honestly, Levein failed, everyone recognises this. 

Now that we are all agreed on that. Stendel is not getting enough out of the team and that is down to him.

Yes but can i ask if people were prepared to give Levein time to fix things, then why shouldn't Stendel get time. 

Or is it favouritism that Levein played for the club, and half the people on here were licking his candy ass? 

tenor (4).gif

Scottie Wanshot.
23 hours ago, S Form said:

Sadly, he ain’t got it. Has shown virtually no ability to organise a team, particularly at the back. His spell that got Barnsley promoted looks like an aberration, similar to the beginning of last season when we were top under Levein. Before Hamilton went down to ten men this afternoon they were miles better than us. And yet against Aberdeen on Tuesday they were utter guff. The combination of Levein and Stendel have made us the worst team in the league. Sad times.

he has to go.

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Levein isn't the manager. 

Move on. The rest of us have.

You clearly haven't when you appear in every thread mentioning Levein

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, kila said:

You clearly haven't when you appear in every thread mentioning Levein

:laugh:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Levein and budge are to blame, in my opinion. Hopefully levein will be away from the club by the time season tickets are up for renewal. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes but can i ask if people were prepared to give Levein time to fix things, then why shouldn't Stendel get time. 

Or is it favouritism that Levein played for the club, and half the people on here were licking his candy ass? 

tenor (4).gif

This is completely the wrong attitude to take to our current plight. It doesn’t matter a jot. Right now, it is Stendel who is manager and he is the guy getting paid to get us out of the situation. Standing around gazing at our navels and going “well, aye but Levein failed” is not going to help us now.

The only thing that matters is that we turn this around, and right now we don’t look capable of doing it.

Levein was given more time by some than others. He got time from some because of the injuries and because he got good results before our form disintegrated. Stendel hasn’t had that good form to build up a little credit. 

You keep coming back to Levein though. He was removed and so that problem has been dealt with. You can’t do anything else with Levein that will improve our form. Our current form is not good enough and we will get relegated if we don’t improve.

Moaning about Levein will have absolutely zero positive impact on our current form. Stendel needs to turn us around, and that is what we need to concentrate.on just now. 

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

This is completely the wrong attitude to take to our current plight. It doesn’t matter a jot. Right now, it is Stendel who is manager and he is the guy getting paid to get us out of the situation. Standing around gazing at our navels and going “well, aye but Levein failed” is not going to help us now.

The only thing that matters is that we turn this around, and right now we don’t look capable of doing it.

Levein was given more time by some than others. He got time from some because of the injuries and because he got good results before our form disintegrated. Stendel hasn’t had that good form to build up a little credit. 

You keep coming back to Levein though. He was removed and so that problem has been dealt with. You can’t do anything else with Levein that will improve our form. Our current form is not good enough and we will get relegated if we don’t improve.

Moaning about Levein will have absolutely zero positive impact on our current form. Stendel needs to turn us around, and that is what we need to concentrate.on just now. 

Give him the chance to do so then👍

he deserves to be here until at least the end of the season. 

The rat catcher
3 hours ago, Spoleto said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back from hiding eh?

We are  all awaiting the answer.

Talk me through it. 

Can't blame the keeper this week, must be Leveins fault again.

Levein employed all these duds so we're getting relegated, surely that must be the only outcome. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

We need experience, strength,  and a settled line up to get us out of this. The young boys will need to wait a bit. It's a shame because Irving started really well under DS but has faded badly. I would be tempted to swap Clare and Smith. Smith makes us more solid defensively. 

Zlamal

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey

Clare Sibbick

Washington Naismith Walker

Boyce

Uche needs to GTF and Naismith is ****ing us up sitting so deep.

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

14 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

Back from hiding eh?

We are  all awaiting the answer.

Talk me through it. 

Relentless :lol:

3 hours ago, Spoleto said:

We may be watching more exciting football but the "improvement" if you want to call it that ends there. 

Results haven't been good and the prospects of relegation have risen IMO. If it wasn't for two red cards we would have been horsed by Kilmarnock AND Hamilton. That's hardly a ringing endorsement.

That's the reality I'm afraid, IMO.

By no means am I saying we arent still crap, we are just slightly less crap.

We would have picked up more points if we didnt have a complete donkey in goals to be fair.

19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Give him the chance to do so then👍

he deserves to be here until at least the end of the season. 

I am giving him a chance. I don’t really see what else I nor anyone else can do. We have to hope he manages to turn it around. The problem is, we are so unbelievably open at the back, and defensively inept, I can’t see how that improvement can come, unless he rips up this ridiculous system where we gift the opposition at least two goals every game.

As it stands though, teams know that all they need to do is exploit the gaping hole between our back line and our goalkeeper, and they will get something out of the game.

While I’m still torn between destructive thought about the DS appointment and perversely enjoying the whole madness of what’s going on can I ask this?

If DS doesn’t win another game and with 5 games to go and bottom by a point or two who could we realistically get in to somehow keep us up (assuming they were a short term solution and not our next full time appointment)?

Edited by TheGoodLord

44 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

We need experience, strength,  and a settled line up to get us out of this. The young boys will need to wait a bit. It's a shame because Irving started really well under DS but has faded badly. I would be tempted to swap Clare and Smith. Smith makes us more solid defensively. 

Zlamal

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey

Clare Sibbick

Washington Naismith Walker

Boyce

Uche needs to GTF and Naismith is ****ing us up sitting so deep.

That's the team I would be looking to play but I'd probably swop Langer for Washington and push Clare even further forward . 

Gives us a bit more protection and Connor , Mishu would be my impact options from the bench . 

Worthing Jambo
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well let's see if he can do it, you say he has had ample time to i disagree, same people were spouting saying Levein need this Levein needs that he go it and still ballsed it up, it's his fault we are in this position, tell me something do you think it's healthy to have a previous manager that was relieved of his duties, as manager DOF and board member still at the club in fact how can he even have the brass neck to take anymore money from the club Again this a PHM. 

We are the laughing stock of scottish football thanks to Craig, Ann, Austin, Fox, Daly,  Stendel's came in to a team that very much lacks pace, some of the players I would question when playing for Levein were they fit?, . 

**** it here goes I'll go all balls in here we will stay up, and if we don't I won't post on this forum again, give this guy a chance 👍

I would hate to think that whispers in the corridor would be used to make Stendel fail.

Who would that benefit?

Ann should listen more to the people that give her money rather than the ones that take it off her.

Edited by Worthing Jambo

59 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

We need experience, strength,  and a settled line up to get us out of this. The young boys will need to wait a bit. It's a shame because Irving started really well under DS but has faded badly. 

Completely agree that we need a settled side and one that leans on experience, but Stendel also needs to reduce the pool from which he is choosing. He's not going to keep everyone happy so needs to start making tough decisions. In the last five league games alone, from and including the Rangers game, he has drawn from a pool of 25 players, and the only one of the 25 that hasn't got on the park in that time was Damour. 

Since coming back into the team, Irving has played every minute of every game, so I'd be surprised if he drops him out completely.

pettigrewsstylist

Clare is not a defender. We have a guy managing a massive relegation battle that just wont have it

Can go now for me.

Can't see Stendel going before the end of the season, and he's likely to be here longer even if we're relegated given Budget's comments on managerial stability. But if anyone thinks he should go before the end of the season, just who are they expecting to come in at that stage? What decent manager is going to come to us with, say, 6 games to go when we are virtually certain to be relegated? There really is no option other than to back Stendel and hope he can pull off a miracle, cos that's what it's going to take now.

4 hours ago, ramrod said:

Nobody can argue that he hasn't been left a squad  full of bang average players , down on confidence, that's a given . 

Whats staring to grate is that he seems to be making the same mistakes at the start of games . 

We are charging out gung-ho early doors without  showing opponents due respect and assessing what  they've  got . 

We are losing goals to utter shite and while a lot is  down to individual errors , we just haven't got the numbers in defensive areas to cover for them . 

I love the guy and think he could be very good in the future but unless he sorts out the defensive side of things pronto he and we are dead in the water . 

He’s been left a team full of players with international experience, many of whom have played in the English Premiership or English Championship and a few very promising young players. No bottom six team has a comparable squad, we’re just making an arse of it!

Scottie Wanshot.

Stendal record.

played.  11

Won.  1

Drawn.  4

lost.  6

goals for. 11

against. 22

clean sheet. 1

I think we have to stop the high press game now, were a laughing stock in Scottish football. When have we ever lost so many goals in such a short period. I dont think we have the right manager.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s been left a team full of players with international experience, many of whom have played in the English Premiership or English Championship and a few very promising young players. No bottom six team has a comparable squad, we’re just making an arse of it!

Hard to disagree although I do think a good few of our players are vastly overrated. 

Салатные палочки

Glad you brought this to our attention. No one's mentioned it yet. 

been here before

A new and excitingly vibrant thread from someone who has just finished watching Sportscene and couldnt wait to relay their stat about a subject not yet mentioned on here.

And in bold too for added emphasis.

Edited by been here before

Stendal is a town in East Germany. Not to be confused with Stendel, who's our manager from East Germany. But not from Stendal.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, been here before said:

A new and excitingly vibrant thread from someone who has just finished watching Sportscene and couldnt wait to relay their stat about a subject not yet mentioned on here.

Spot on, mate. Refreshing stuff for the forum.

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

we beat Airdrie and Rangers I think

Falkirk would count too if including cup games.

I can confirm as I was there that we won although apparently it was difficult to tell if watching on tv what was happening.

Edited by DETTY29
irn

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

tenor (4).gif

Why shouldn’t Stendel get time? Are you actually kidding on? Look at the league table, the  look at how many games we have left! Under Levein we were never in any actual danger and as a result he naturally had time. Stendel came in and lost four games on the bounce which put us bottom. We are now struggling to recover from that bad start. If Stendel had taken over at the end of the season he would have been afforded ample time.

He’s entered a club in an horrendous negative cycle and has struggled. If you’re being honest trying to play a high press system with players lacking confidence in a relegation battle is madness. We are due some luck soon and hopefully Stendel gets the time to properly implement his methods. 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic