• Bongo 1874

• Spoleto

• Ethan Hunt

• The rat catcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I can simplify. 

It's the managers job to organise the team and play effectively. 

We look disorganised and play ineffectively.

Amazing how some have changed their tack.

Levein it was all his fault and the players were not to blame. 

Stendel the players are all soft as shite. 

Talk about changing the narrative to suit your argument. 

Since Neilson other than two short periods, where we broke the clean sheet record and obviously the start of last season,  this team rarely gets what it's supposed to be doing. 

I thought we were getting better but the players are at odds with one another and clearly confused,  goals are leaking .

The manager stops that.

Made 2 good choices during the game,  the 2nd too late. 

Both starting full backs were changed. Hickey was dead on his feet very early. 

Clare is another bomb scare in his own box. The lad isn't a defender and shouldn't be doing it. 

One last comment which has to be considered a mitigating factor for Stendel and why I think he can still get this right. 

Midweek games. A barrage of them. 

Makes things very difficult to implement and to coach when time is being spent regularly on recovery. 

For a couple of months I think he needs to learn how to win ugly all the same 

Mate. Like a lot of your posts but not necessarily the case that when Levein was at the helm the players weren’t getting off Scott free 

We are in trouble no question but the fact remains that in the last ten games we have played under Stendel we have won more games than what we did under Levein 

If you think that it was 2.5 years under Levein to hit rock bottom in the league then within 2 months and slightly better form does this not say that in time we will reverse the decline ?

Its terminal decline he left us in. I’m not having a pop at you directly but I think judgement is being passed extremely quickly and maybe, just maybe, we were spiralling under Levein and the existing rot is getting the better of Stendel. I don’t know but I think the damage left behind was a lot worse than anyone wants to even consider 

Finally the players. These players have to stand up and take some responsibility - no question. If we end up having to clear them out because they are not the standard that is required then that one is on Levein as on top of numerous transfer windows he again, has potentially cost us big time 

Whether you like Stendel, don’t like Stendel, like Levein or don’t like Levein he has signed over 70 players under his tenure. That’s over 3 full squads of players and who has came in and been a real superstar for us and out of that lot ?

Stendel has had 1 transfer window. I mean if U can call the Jan window even that and signed 4 players. 

Its shite at the moment but the narrative of Stendel Vs Levein is highly unfair as it took 2.5 years of Levein but we haven’t even had 2 months of Stendel. God knows, I feel for the guy at the moment but the buck stops with him I get that 

the players need to f...... wake up and wake up now

Leveins Battalion

January was critical for us,whilst the club done well in emptying the huge amount of dross we replaced them with Avidijaj and Langer🙈

Insanity.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

You’re not a Hearts fan either. 

😂 ok then, let me just go take a nice warm bath and come back with a loser's mentality. 

Just now, Uche said:

😂 ok then, let me just go take a nice warm bath and come back with a loser's mentality. 

No need. You arrived with a losers mentality so just have the bath.

It’s unreal that Levein was allowed to destroy the club from within over a number of years and all the little morons that still back Levein are able to criticise the new manager. 

Stendal is trying hard to make footballers out of most of these imposters. We literally have about 3 players that know how the game should be played. 

we need to support Stendal and allow him to have a full season.

Since beating Rangers other teams started to play the long ball our defence is crap they can,t cope with aggressive and direct style of play. Teams know how to beat Hearts by using direct aggressive play we need to get tactics sorted in defence. Stendel has the backing of support for now but that can change quickly if he can,t stop other teams from scoring.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

January was critical for us,whilst the club done well in emptying the huge amount of dross we replaced them with Avidijaj and Langer🙈

Insanity.

Aye ok. You forgot Sibbick and Boyce but anyway 

The state we were in, in January, did you see potential signings running along the motorway trying to sign for us ? 

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Insanity.

Insanity might be judging both players after a couple of games. Two new players, in a foreign country, playing for the team at the bottom of the league. They might well be crap, but give them a chance FFS!!!

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

The state we were in, in January, did you see potential signings running along the motorway trying to sign for us ? 

Sibbick has had 1 good game and not been seen again.

The state we were in would of seen any management with a clue that we needed a keeper,that we needed some quality in centre midfield and we needed some pace on the wings.We got neither.👍

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Mate. Like a lot of your posts but not necessarily the case that when Levein was at the helm the players weren’t getting off Scott free 

We are in trouble no question but the fact remains that in the last ten games we have played under Stendel we have won more games than what we did under Levein 

If you think that it was 2.5 years under Levein to hit rock bottom in the league then within 2 months and slightly better form does this not say that in time we will reverse the decline ?

Its terminal decline he left us in. I’m not having a pop at you directly but I think judgement is being passed extremely quickly and maybe, just maybe, we were spiralling under Levein and the existing rot is getting the better of Stendel. I don’t know but I think the damage left behind was a lot worse than anyone wants to even consider 

Finally the players. These players have to stand up and take some responsibility - no question. If we end up having to clear them out because they are not the standard that is required then that one is on Levein as on top of numerous transfer windows he again, has potentially cost us big time 

Whether you like Stendel, don’t like Stendel, like Levein or don’t like Levein he has signed over 70 players under his tenure. That’s over 3 full squads of players and who has came in and been a real superstar for us and out of that lot ?

Stendel has had 1 transfer window. I mean if U can call the Jan window even that and signed 4 players. 

Its shite at the moment but the narrative of Stendel Vs Levein is highly unfair as it took 2.5 years of Levein but we haven’t even had 2 months of Stendel. God knows, I feel for the guy at the moment but the buck stops with him I get that 

the players need to f...... wake up and wake up now

Because of the delay in sacking Levein we don't have time for a gradual improvement (it is so gradual as to be almost imperceptible) and if we go down we are going to struggle to furnish Stendel with 'better players".

Can we do a Barnsley and keep fans going with the praise for Stendel, put him on gardening leave, and then claim compensation from his next employers? 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Insanity might be judging both players after a couple of games. Two new players, in a foreign country, playing for the team at the bottom of the league. They might well be crap, but give them a chance FFS!!!

Nah I'm willing to go with my gut like I did with Kenny Anderson,Rafa Grezelak,Vanecek etc thanks.

Gordon Ramsay
27 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Ah but then you’d be gutted having nothing to moan about 😜

Well that is true 😂

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Sibbick has had 1 good game and not been seen again.

The state we were in would of seen any management with a clue that we needed a keeper,that we needed some quality in centre midfield and we needed some pace on the wings.We got neither.👍

I’m not saying that but how do you know who we went for and whether we tried to sign 3 other players that never came ? No one knows 

I want to win the lottery but it might not happen 

Looks like on face we couldn’t even afford to get rid of bloody McPhee and Levein so without the funds where were we getting the money to do the business that you were after 

I am not saying we didn’t need these positions filled but desire to get it done Vs what was realistic for us at the time are 2 completely seperate things 

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

No need. You arrived with a losers mentality so just have the bath.

Sometimes a post needs a wee bump.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

One thing I have taken from the last few games is that we DO have fight in us (usually when we find ourselves behind)... but it does give me a bit of hope. 
I wish DS would play to players strengths until safe (eg. Smith at RB) and even drop the press as everyone can see we’re struggling with this for whatever reason. 
I even think Langer and Donis are too good!? for us at the minute with their quick 1 touch passing/lay offs.. I really don’t think we’re on their level at the moment. I think the press is exciting and should be adopted, but in the closed season. Let’s just get back to basics and safety. 

4 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Because of the delay in sacking Levein we don't have time for a gradual improvement (it is so gradual as to be almost imperceptible) and if we go down we are going to struggle to furnish Stendel with 'better players".

Can we do a Barnsley and keep fans going with the praise for Stendel, put him on gardening leave, and then claim compensation from his next employers? 

So we can furnish Levein multiple times and allow him the funds for numerous transfer windows but we can’t find the funds for Stendel to have one ? 

I know time is against us but everyone seems to think that if we went with a tried and tested manager who would adapt systems to suit the opposition, grind out wins week on week, that we would be in a different position. It’s all speculative in all honesty.

The real Damage was done a long long time before Stendel appeared imo 

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

One thing I have taken from the last few games is that we DO have fight in us (usually when we find ourselves behind)... but it does give me a bit of hope. 
I wish DS would play to players strengths until safe (eg. Smith at RB) and even drop the press as everyone can see we’re struggling with this for whatever reason. 
I even think Langer and Donis are too good!? for us at the minute with their quick 1 touch passing/lay offs.. I really don’t think we’re on their level at the moment. I think the press is exciting and should be adopted, but in the closed season. Let’s just get back to basics and safety. 

Don think it’s so much the press that’s the issue. Think it’s much better when players press the play and push up 

For me the real problem is that Stendel insists that when the players lose the ball that they go chasing it to win it back. We should scrap this for now and just get ourselves back in position before we press again 

I have a view that we end up out of position, not because we are pressing teams in possession, but more that we are pressing teams without possession therefore our basic player positioning is being stretched to much and leaving gaps at the back 

Especially in the oppositions half. Get back in position when we lose the ball and get behind the ball and then go and press again rather than having all the players charge forward like they are trying to get up the beach at Dunkirk!

13 minutes ago, way out west jambo said:

Always looks like he’s thrown the team together on the back of a fag packet on his way in on a Saturday morning. Different formations every week. Clearly the players don’t know what he’s asking them to do. No idea on how we’re going to handle the opposition and he has no ability to change the game with subs or tactical changes.

This guy is not the answer. Something needs to happen. 

To be honest, you could level the above accusation at every manager for the last four seasons. Injuries notwithstanding, there has been change and tinkering on an almost unimaginable scale in both personnel and formation. Our pocket Guardiolas seem to see no need for clarity or continuity and obviously think the players are good enough to slot into any position in whichever formation is dreamt up for any given game. Unfortunately they’re not. They need stability and familiarity if their - mostly limited - skills are to flourish. 

The penny doesn’t seem to have dropped yet. Establishing a settled line-up should be one of the most urgent priorities of the “football department”. A first and second pick player for each position. Instead we have year upon year of drift. It’s obviously not going to change this season either. We just have to hope that we survive the season in the top league. A colossal re-think is needed. We’re not ****ing Barcelona.

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

So we can furnish Levein multiple times and allow him the funds for numerous transfer windows but we can’t find the funds for Stendel to have one ? 

I know time is against us but everyone seems to think that if we went with a tried and tested manager who would adapt systems to suit the opposition, grind out wins week on week, that we would be in a different position. It’s all speculative in all honesty.

The real Damage was done a long long time before Stendel appeared imo 

We have indeed managed to recruit a load of players, sometimes to suit a different manager and have gone backwards. If we go down our budget will be less and the collective fighting spirit we had following administration will be gone. We need to somehow stay up and Stendel has the look of a drowning man.

16 hours ago, Walter Kidd said:

He isnt the new Cathro. He’s the new Korobochka. Clueless selection in first half. Unable to break down 10 yes ten man Hamilton. 

There was nothing wrong with the starting 11, possibly our strongest in theory at least, but as far as I know there's no way Stendel can issue a new set of balls to each player before they run out on the pitch. We get out fought every week and too many of our players believe their own hype.

2 minutes ago, Morph said:

3 years of decline expected to be fixed within 3 months :laugh:

Correct. the rot set in when Levein was allowed to appoint Cathro.

John Gentleman
7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Especially in the oppositions half. Get back in position when we lose the ball and get behind the ball and then go and press again rather than having all the players charge forward like they are trying to get up the beach at Dunkirk!

Dunkirk was a retreat, which I think is what you're proposing.

Just now, John Gentleman said:

Dunkirk was a retreat, which I think is what you're proposing.

Shoot mate 😖 I meant Normandy ... cheers 

23 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nah I'm willing to go with my gut like I did with Kenny Anderson,Rafa Grezelak,Vanecek etc thanks.

Well maybe you should be a scout. You’ve obviously got an eye for a player. 

Just as a matter of interest. Who should we have signed in January?

The Mighty Thor

Stendel's inability to compromise and his inflexibility of tactics will be what relegates us.

Make no mistake, if Hamilton kept 11 men on the park yesterday , they were walking away with 3 points. 

33 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Tbf I think the jury is still out on both Sibbick and Boyce too.

9 minutes ago, leginten said:

To be honest, you could level the above accusation at every manager for the last four seasons. Injuries notwithstanding, there has been change and tinkering on an almost unimaginable scale in both personnel and formation. Our pocket Guardiolas seem to see no need for clarity or continuity and obviously think the players are good enough to slot into any position in whichever formation is dreamt up for any given game. Unfortunately they’re not. They need stability and familiarity if their - mostly limited - skills are to flourish. 

The penny doesn’t seem to have dropped yet. Establishing a settled line-up should be one of the most urgent priorities of the “football department”. A first and second pick player for each position. Instead we have year upon year of drift. It’s obviously not going to change this season either. We just have to hope that we survive the season in the top league. A colossal re-think is needed. We’re not ****ing Barcelona.

Aye. Why I appreciate some things Stendel is doing he just seems like another current day manager blighted by the need to think he has to tinker every game.  

I’m not expecting miracles and he’s inherited a shambles, but surely by now he knows his players well enough even in this short time? Still bemuses me the likes of Washington toils for a start, as an example.

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Stendel's inability to compromise and his inflexibility of tactics will be what relegates us.

Make no mistake, if Hamilton kept 11 men on the park yesterday , they were walking away with 3 points. 

100% correct. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well maybe you should be a scout. You’ve obviously got an eye for a player. 

Just as a matter of interest. Who should we have signed in January?

Can we change that question to who could we have signed prior to having to clear some big earners out first ? 

I recollect our big chief saying this would be the case therefore what minuscule budget available to us had what type of impact in terms of who we wanted to bring in ?

If Stendel doesn't change his tactics now then we're as good as relegated.

I said at the time of his appointment that it was madness, but the "real" fans knew better apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I think the jury is still out on you as well so that’s 3 of you 😉

Sibbick and Boyce will be good signings for us. Hopefully Sibbick can get out of his bed soon as we badly need him in the side 

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Morph said:

I think we all agree, problem is - we needed someone to fix it within 3 months.. otherwise Stendel in all likelihood won’t be here next season

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Not sure what the hell we’re thinking when the games start tbh but you can’t legislate for a clearly offside goal and some nervy passing then a reckless tackle by Clare has our backs to the wall after barely 17 minutes. We have to remember Hamilton are scrapping for the their lives too and with a bit of luck we’d have won that game fairly comfortably. 
I’m so flat with it all tbh after being lifted by Stendel initially. I thought yesterday was the crunch but it moves to next Friday now. A defeat and the trap door looks inevitable though. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Not sure what the hell we’re thinking when the games start tbh but you can’t legislate for a clearly offside goal and some nervy passing then a reckless tackle by Clare has our backs to the wall after barely 17 minutes. We have to remember Hamilton are scrapping for the their lives too and with a bit of luck we’d have won that game fairly comfortably. 
I’m so flat with it all tbh after being lifted by Stendel initially. I thought yesterday was the crunch but it moves to next Friday now. A defeat and the trap door looks inevitable though. 

The goal wasn't offside. 

I thought it was at the time too but the boy was in line when the ball was played.

16 hours ago, brux said:

Bobby did a absolutely nothing wrong today 

Would have to see it again but I thought he put us in trouble with a stupid pass in the lead up to the penalty.

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Aye. Why I appreciate some things Stendel is doing he just seems like another current day manager blighted by the need to think he has to tinker every game.  

I’m not expecting miracles and he’s inherited a shambles, but surely by now he knows his players well enough even in this short time? Still bemuses me the likes of Washington toils for a start, as an example.

In his defence, I would say he’s still getting to know the players, including the ones he signed. It’s just unfortunate that we don’t actually have time for this process. 

As I said above, as a club we now have a massive problem with this culture of constant change in personnel and formation. For the players it must be both confusing and demotivating. We’ve had years of this now. Predicting a Hearts starting line-up is like trying to match the lottery numbers.

Just now, weehammy said:

Why was Uche playing ahead of Washington. The latter may have disappointed as a goal scorer but he does qualify as a footballer, which Uche does not - as he demonstrated again yesterday.

That will be Uche that forced a fine save from a header and had his second shot ON TARGET blocked by a defender. 

7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Can we change that question to who could we have signed prior to having to clear some big earners out first ? 

I recollect our big chief saying this would be the case therefore what minuscule budget available to us had what type of impact in terms of who we wanted to bring in ?

Hopefully @Leveins Battalion will think about the player budget - or lack of - during his scouting trips.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

The goal wasn't offside. 

I thought it was at the time too but the boy was in line when the ball was played.

Hmm I’ve watched it loads of times and still not sure. I guess the breaks are harder to come by when down there scrapping. 
I still believe on another day we win that comfortably. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

If Stendel doesn't change his tactics now then we're as good as relegated.

I said at the time of his appointment that it was madness, but the "real" fans knew better apparently. 

The madness was keeping Levein so long.  Stendel may prove to be a mistake but there’s no way he’ll get as long as Levein did to attempt to turn things around.  That’s the real reason we’re in the mess we’re in.

22 minutes ago, Morph said:

Not really.  All DS had to do was to find a way of keeping us in 10th place. Most of us would have settled for that, then cut him some slack to rebuild for next season. 

Unfortunately,  he's made us worse. 

Just now, weehammy said:

That’ll be Uche who fell on his arse in laughable attempts to get a penalty and who blocked his own player (Walker) in the act of shooting. One of the few things Stendel got right was hooking him at half time.

I'll correct that for you. 

Fell on his arse after his header was saved, his second shot was blocked, and his third attempt was as he was falling backwards.

And if you didn't see his shirt getting almost ripped off his back repeatedly then you didn't see the game or you simply have an agenda against Uche.

Also, if you think Stendel was right to  take him off at half time to replace him with Avidaj who contributed the total of sweet FA then I worry for you.

1 minute ago, Morlich said:

Not really.  All DS had to do was to find a way of keeping us in 10th place. Most of us would have settled for that, then cut him some slack to rebuild for next season. 

Unfortunately,  he's made us worse. 

Spot on.

The rat catcher
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think we all agree, problem is - we needed someone to fix it within 3 months.. otherwise Stendel in all likelihood won’t be here next season

15 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I’ll do the jokes.

Regarding your name Spoleto?????

Were you looking for the most Hibs name you could find??? 

Or was HibsFan already taken?

Selkirkhmfc1874

I'm backing Daniel Stendel 100% but he needs to realise that the position we're in we can't keep losing goals the way we are and he needs to tighten up until we can survive in the league this season and then get his own players that suits his preferred system 

13 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

I’ll do the jokes.

Regarding your name Spoleto?????

Were you looking for the most Hibs name you could find??? 

Or was HibsFan already taken?

If you're going to do the jokes try to make them funny. 

You can't formulate a considered opinion so resort to calling people Hibs fans seems to be your limit. Poor stuff IMO.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic