Stendel Train.

kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why shouldn’t Stendel get time? Are you actually kidding on? Look at the league table, the  look at how many games we have left! Under Levein we were never in any actual danger and as a result he naturally had time. Stendel came in and lost four games on the bounce which put us bottom. We are now struggling to recover from that bad start. If Stendel had taken over at the end of the season he would have been afforded ample time.

Under Levein we were never in any actual danger 😂😂 nah I'm done. 

He had 2.5 half years to get it right and was backed by budge massively. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Spoleto

• Ethan Hunt

• The rat catcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Why shouldn’t Stendel get time? Are you actually kidding on? Look at the league table, the  look at how many games we have left! Under Levein we were never in any actual danger and as a result he naturally had time. Stendel came in and lost four games on the bounce which put us bottom. We are now struggling to recover from that bad start. If Stendel had taken over at the end of the season he would have been afforded ample time.

5 wins out of 28 in 2019 under Levein. 

6E398E3F-2488-4450-9083-A814FA0ED3AF.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

When have we ever lost so many goals in such a short period.

Assuming it wasn’t rhetorical, probably late November to early January in the 2013-2014 season. We are comparatively watertight at present.

10 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Stendal record.

played.  11

Won.  1

Drawn.  4

lost.  6

goals for. 11

against. 22

clean sheet. 1

I think we have to stop the high press game now, were a laughing stock in Scottish football. When have we ever lost so many goals in such a short period. I dont think we have the right manager.

Scottie Cumshot.. save it until Daniel s failed please

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He's not worth it mate I'm all for honest debate and that, but what he has just came away with is mad. 

We should rename the club to Levein of Midlothian. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Under Levein we were never in any actual danger 😂😂 nah I'm done. 

He had 2.5 half years to get it right and was backed by budge massively. 

We finished 6th twice? He was sacked in October. You can’t get relegated in October. Can you clarify, when was it that we were in real danger under Levein? 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Can you also clarify when we were in real danger under Levein?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We finished 6th twice? He was sacked in October. You can’t get relegated in October. Can you clarify, when was it that we were in real danger under Levein? 

What position were we when Levein was sacked?. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What position were we when Levein was sacked?. 

Can you get relegated after 11 games? 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I'm done mate better not quoting me 😂😂👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It was based on form on the entire year in the league... he was taking us down.

The training was shite, the players didn't care much, Whelan only came up north for games.

Levein had delegated everything away. He wasn't managing us and that's why things turned so shit.

Big Slim Stylee
7 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

Lok Stendal sadly lost their game against Greifswald 0-4 at home today.

And scary that Lok Stendal is an anagram of Lokend Last ...if that was his name, obviously...and how the plebs spell their own neighbourhood...

28 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Hard to disagree although I do think a good few of our players are vastly overrated. 

But they still should be better than the opposition.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

The training was shite, the players didn't care much, Whelan only came up north for games.

Levein had delegated everything away. He wasn't managing us and that's why things turned so shit.

We don't play years. We play seasons.

7 minutes ago, kila said:

Glad the brilliant training are translating into equally brilliant performances! 

52 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Can't see Stendel going before the end of the season, and he's likely to be here longer even if we're relegated given Budget's comments on managerial stability. But if anyone thinks he should go before the end of the season, just who are they expecting to come in at that stage? What decent manager is going to come to us with, say, 6 games to go when we are virtually certain to be relegated? There really is no option other than to back Stendel and hope he can pull off a miracle, cos that's what it's going to take now.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that Stendel should go. 

We've made our bed, we now have to lie in it. For better or for worse.

Sweet dreams!

4 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

And scary that Lok Stendal is an anagram of Lokend Last ...if that was his name, obviously...and how the plebs spell their own neighbourhood...

😀

Scottie Wanshot is here to save us all. We're going to get out of this. Get him into Stendel's office now!

40 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

Lok Stendal sadly lost their game against Greifswald 0-4 at home today.

Anne's fault. ITK here. 

The rat catcher
28 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Sweet dreams!

Spoleto is hibs 🐀

57 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s been left a team full of players with international experience, many of whom have played in the English Premiership or English Championship and a few very promising young players. No bottom six team has a comparable squad, we’re just making an arse of it!

Absolutely! I want to see Stendel succeed. I still believe that the squad should be good enough to get us out of this mess. 

I'm not seeing anything to give me real hope that Stendel and this squad can actually do so.

For me, DS is failing.  We can't replace him at this stage,  so all we can do is continue to back him, and hope that somehow,  things come good for us.

The rat catcher
23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Scottie Wanshot is here to save us all. We're going to get out of this. Get him into Stendel's office now!

hes hibs

The rat catcher
33 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Sweet dreams!

Answer the question. 

Fth.

Edited by The rat catcher

ToadKiller Dog

Only stat that matters to me at the moment is Hearts come season end not in 12th place and preferably not 11th in the league ,dont give a feck how many wins and draws that takes .

whats gone is gone ,still enough time to get out this mess .

We can worry about Stendls future come seasons end .

Like it or not, we're statistically worse under Stendel than we were before he took over.

Less goals scored per game, more goals conceded per game and less points per game.

Them's the facts.

Whether or not Stendel is to blame, or perhaps the players, or Levein, or the weather, or the alignment of the stars is all up for debate.

But we're getting worse.

4 minutes ago, Morlich said:

Absolutely! I want to see Stendel succeed. I still believe that the squad should be good enough to get us out of this mess. 

I'm not seeing anything to give me real hope that Stendel and this squad can actually do so.

For me, DS is failing.  We can't replace him at this stage,  so all we can do is continue to back him, and hope that somehow,  things come good for us.

I'm afraid they won't just "come good" unless Stendel changes his tactics. 

I wonder if Stendel thought Hearts had the players to play his system when he took the job. I also wonder what criteria Hearts used in the search for a managerial candidate. After the Rangers game Michael Stewart said ‘ping balls over the top’ and Hearts are in trouble. Every team since has done just that.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Like it or not, we're statistically worse under Stendel than we were before he took over.

Less goals scored per game, more goals conceded per game and less points per game.

Them's the facts.

Whether or not Stendel is to blame, or perhaps the players, or Levein, or the weather, or the alignment of the stars is all up for debate.

But we're getting worse.

Unfortunately some are blinded to the truth.

There's still time to change things around, but it doesn't look like he's willing to compromise.

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I wonder if Stendel thought Hearts had the players to play his system when he took the job. I also wonder what criteria Hearts used in the search for a managerial candidate. After the Rangers game Michael Stewart said ‘ping balls over the top’ and Hearts are in trouble. Every team since has done just that.

Perhaps he thought he did but he must realise now that he has two CB's who lack pace and can't cope with the system.

A good manager would see that.

10 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

He's not made us worse. 

We've went on the best run all season with him at the helm. Yes, a four game run where we didn't lose is the best we've been this season.

All he had to do was get us to 10th? I would honestly take a few players from my fives games over the jokers we currently have playing. 

Far too many people think we have this great squad that shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom of the league when in reality, 80% of our squad will never play at a higher level than where we are now.

100% and if you look at who has left the club over the last 3 or 4 years they haven't played at any greater level Either (Barring Johnsen in Holland) eg Oshinawa one of our 26 left backs since admin has never kicked a ball for anyone.  

Our squad is guff - strikers who can't score defenders who cant defend crosses ,  Not a proper keeper at the club  and well a kind of missing midfield - We all knew DS had a big job coming in to this Sh**show but I think most of us have underestimated how bad things really were.

1 minute ago, Drumjambo said:

100% and if you look at who has left the club over the last 3 or 4 years they haven't played at any greater level Either (Barring Johnsen in Holland) eg Oshinawa one of our 26 left backs since admin has never kicked a ball for anyone.  

Our squad is guff - strikers who can't score defenders who cant defend crosses ,  Not a proper keeper at the club  and well a kind of missing midfield - We all knew DS had a big job coming in to this Sh**show but I think most of us have underestimated how bad things really were.

Spot on. 

10 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

He's not made us worse. 

We've went on the best run all season with him at the helm. Yes, a four game run where we didn't lose is the best we've been this season.

All he had to do was get us to 10th? I would honestly take a few players from my fives games over the jokers we currently have playing. 

Far too many people think we have this great squad that shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom of the league when in reality, 80% of our squad will never play at a higher level than where we are now.

Spot on. 

I still think stendel could be good for us  but we dont have players good enough to play the way he wants to. He needs to tighten things up at the back and be a bit less gung ho.

To be fair, he's identified fairly quickly the guys not good enough (mclean, mulraney, wighton etc) and got shot of them. Hopefully he sees the tactics aren't working and doesnt stubbornly stick to his geggenpress or we're goosed. 

I’m on the Stendel train and I’m staying on it. In fact I’m going to be a guard on the Stendel train and administer a boot to the baws of those who cause bother on it.

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Good heavens. What amazing hypocrisy given the sheer sleaziness and nastiness of your preceding comment.

Beggars belief doesn't it. 

Top trolling.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic