Stendel Train.

kingantti1874

22 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What utter nonsense. 

Not based on results and performances it’s not. 

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Spoleto

• Ethan Hunt

• The rat catcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stendel needs to wisen up and quickly.

We don’t have the personnel to play the way he wants.  The Rangers game is currently saving him from looking like a complete mistake.

12 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Would you like to have a guess?

Looks like it has nothing to do with what I said. 

Niemi’s gloves
3 hours ago, Cade said:

*league stats only

Before Stendel

Goals per game scored 1.07

Goals per game conceded 1.73

Points per game 0.8

After Stendel:

Goals per game scored 1.33

Goals per game conceded 1.5

Points per game 0.58

:interehjrling:

Something very dodgy about the above stats, particularly the goals for and against under Stendel.

Stendel took charge in December after the 1-0 defeat at Motherwell and before the 1-0 home loss to St J

so league games only 

16 games under Levein/mcphee:

goals per game scored: 1.00

goals per game conceded: 1.69

points per game: 0.75

11 games under Stendel

goals per game conceded: 2.00

points per game: 0.64

So by my reckoning we are not in fact scoring more under Stendel while we are conceding more

15 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Something very dodgy about the above stats, particularly the goals for and against under Stendel.

Stendel took charge in December after the 1-0 defeat at Motherwell and before the 1-0 home loss to St J

so league games only 

16 games under Levein/mcphee:

goals per game conceded: 1.69

points per game: 0.75

11 games under Stendel

goals per game conceded: 2.00

points per game: 0.64

So by my reckoning we are not in fact scoring more under Stendel while we are conceding more

Aye I made a tit of the figures. :vrface:

Yours are spot on.

Here's the home and away breakdowns:

This season pre DS:

Scored (home) 1.57

Scored (away) 0.63

Conceded (home) 1.43

Conceded (away) 2.00

Points (home) 1.00

Points (away) 0.63

With DS:

Scored (home)1.00

Scored (away) 1.00

Conceded (home) 2.00

Conceded (away) 2.50

Points (home) 0.71

Points (away) 0.50

Only go to the home games myself and I've never known teams to get so much space in behind our defence with such regularity at Tynecastle. You can never predict how a match will pan out but it's fair to say we may have gotten a little fortune with Hamilton going down to 10. 

They had to make an enforced change early on when the full back went off but brought on Alston as they obviously felt there was a chance they'd score more, obviously the red card changed things again for them.

It's extremely worrying that we are unable to beat sides like Hamilton and Kilmarnock at home. The manager needs to show he's at least got the flexibility to change his approach as necessary in order to keep us in the league. If things carry on as they are then we will go down, no question. 

We aren't going to sack him before the end of the season so we need to get behind him and the team as they are going to need us. Should we go down however I'm not sure how anyone can say he should be kept on. Levein and Stendel should be held equally responsible IMO if the worst was to happen. He's got a decent pool of players and a good manager should be able to get enough out of them to stay in the league at the absolute minimum. 

I sincerely hope the man is good enough to do it and if he does then we'll obviously get to see what he can do next season but if he doesn't then he'll have failed and should go. Relegation from the SPFL with one of it's biggest clubs could be a fatal blow to his CV so it's absolutely in his interests to get the job done. 🙏🙏

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We should never ever have got to that desperate situation though mate, if the guy you mention hadn't turned his nose up to Lafferty proven goalscorer, and Cummings proven goalscorer then we might not be in this mess, he signed the huddy that is Washington, Uche 😂, McLean, Kenna, the list goes on and on, I feel for Stendel big time if I'm honest ever heard the saying you can only piss with the cock you've got. 

I think people are forgetting the garbage that Levein has foisted upon the club. Stendel I genuinely feel for atm. That and the error strewn performances too. Basic stuff every ****ing week. :facepalm:

50 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Not based on results and performances it’s not. 

How many Championship sides have we played with Stendel in charge?

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I think people are forgetting the garbage that Levein has foisted upon the club. Stendel I genuinely feel for atm. That and the error strewn performances too. Basic stuff every ****ing week. :facepalm:

Not making excuses for the sake of it we should have more than enough to beat shitty Hamilton today, did you see there first goal 😂😂 honestly Scottish football is f*****, welcome to Scottish football run by incompetent bangers that lick the old firms arse, and make the easiest of decisions seem like a hard decision. 

Agree with you about errors, the team need to take a long hard look at themselves 👍

As for Levein I had the utmost respect and admiraton for that man what a player he was, unfortunately he has shown me what is most important him getting every last penny he can, rather than holding his hands up and saying i don't deserve to be paid the remainder of my contract, I along with others have set this club back and take full responsibility for it he has lost all respect I had for him and shown his true colours PHM my ass just a front, 

And if some way he is kept on in some capacity which I have been told there has been talks about it happening, I won't be back anyway rant over 👍🇱🇻

Bring on Friday. 

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Yep ‘error strewn’ is putting it mildly. We have completely dominated possession in our last 3-4 league games (no counting smelltic).. today we had 17 shots, 8 on target- and their keeper had 3 point blank saves! Even giving a 2 goal start we should have won. 
What I’m trying to say is we should get behind the manager and if we can cut out stupid individual errors... I think we should start climbing the league. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Not making excuses for the sake of it we should have more than enough to beat shitty Hamilton today, did you see there first goal 😂😂 honestly Scottish football is f*****, welcome to Scottish football run by incompetent bangers that lick the old firms arse, and make the easiest of decisions seem like a hard decision. 

Agree with you about errors, the team need to take a long hard look at themselves 👍

As for Levein I had the utmost respect and admiraton for that man what a player he was, unfortunately he has shown me what is most important him getting every last penny he can, rather than holding his hands up and saying i don't deserve to be paid the remainder of my contract, I along with others have set this club back and take full responsibility for it he has lost all respect I had for him and shown his true colours PHM my ass just a front, 

And if some way he is kept on in some capacity which I have been told there has been talks about it happening, I won't be back anyway rant over 👍🇱🇻

Bring on Friday. 

For real?!! 
Actually I’m not surprised. What a ****ing joke. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

For real?!! 
Actually I’m not surprised. What a ****ing joke. 

Would be a suicidal decision by the board if true. 

Imagine the anger with that coupled with the anger of relegation should it come to pass. The reaction would be nuclear 😂

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep ‘error strewn’ is putting it mildly. We have completely dominated possession in our last 3-4 league games (no counting smelltic).. today we had 17 shots, 8 on target- and their keeper had 3 point blank saves! Even giving a 2 goal start we should have won. 
What I’m trying to say is we should get behind the manager and if we can cut out stupid individual errors... I think we should start climbing the league. 

I agree. We’re running out of games though. I was sitting silent today in utter disbelief at what I was watching I couldn’t even get angry. It wouldn’t be so bad if we could actually function away from home too but we’re even worse. 
It’s little things that breaks are going against us, the point blank save from Walker for example, that keeper didn’t know a thing about it. We could’ve easily won that game but it just wouldn’t come off. That’s when I start to fear that it’s just not going to be enough to pull away from the mess we’re in.
It’ll be a miraculous escape if we do it I reckon. 

He seems more like Korobochka as each week goes by, no real shape with the players all over the place. Doing a great job of making the sum of the parts less than the sum of the whole. 
Plan A is failing and his plan B is a cavalry charge after the game is lost. 
Naismith (his captain) seems to have a different plan to the manager, screaming at players to mark players and them wanting to play some sort of zonal nonsense. 

He gives me the fear and seems to be completely misunderstood.

Lost in translation

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bring on Friday. 

If Levein is kept on at the club after the end of the season then that’s it for me. Season ticket holder for 26 years and I won’t be back.

I have absolutely no idea what to make of Stendel. No idea at all. 

Part of me is thinking that it is a lot of individual errors that is costing us and that is hard to blame this fully on the coach.  

However, he has not improved us. The results are awful. The tactics are completely different from before but with just as bad results. 

the biggest annoyance for me was the January window. It was massive.  It was pretty disastrous. Langer and Advijaj were pointless signings. GK, CH, CM and wide midfield far from being fixed have not in any way been improved. 

Sexton Hardcastle

To simply avoid starting another new thread I want to add how much of a helmet Alan Preston is. A failed, almost semi professional footballer and media slug making out he is some kind of Gab Marcotti.

**** him and that bitch Michael Stewart.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It is Budge!

I think you're partly correct. I think she has presided over a shambles, but tried her best, unfortunately her best is nowhere near good enough. Her biggest mistake in my opinion was not appointing a Sporting Director as soon as Levein was relieved of his duties. That was essentially corporate negligence. There is no way she'd have allowed that to happen in her previous business, not in a million years, to allow her business to drift without the correct managerial expertise and guidance.

An SD should have been appointed before Stendel, they should have been responsible for the next manager and the structure. She took plenty long enough to get Stendel in so there was plenty time to appoint an SD, I don't think it's that hard a post to fill. The club has been rudderless without an SD. That is at her door. She knows businesses need managers. she tried to cobble something together and failed.

3 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I think you're partly correct. I think she has presided over a shambles, but tried her best, unfortunately her best is nowhere near good enough. Her biggest mistake in my opinion was not appointing a Sporting Director as soon as Levein was relieved of his duties. That was essentially corporate negligence. There is no way she'd have allowed that to happen in her previous business, not in a million years, to allow her business to drift without the correct managerial expertise and guidance.

An SD should have been appointed before Stendel, they should have been responsible for the next manager and the structure. She took plenty long enough to get Stendel in so there was plenty time to appoint an SD, I don't think it's that hard a post to fill. The club has been rudderless without an SD. That is at her door. She knows businesses need managers. she tried to cobble something together and failed.

It wasn't a Sporting Director that we needed by any means. 

We needed a MANAGER.

Edited by JustinT

9 minutes ago, JustinT said:

It wasn't a Sporting Director that we needed by any means. 

We needed a MANAGER.

I disagree.  Hearts are set up with a DofF/SD structure, You cannot sack the guy that does both, and some of his team and expect a new manager to come in a organise everything whilst firefighting relegation, with no help except Andy Kirk. The time it took to appoint Stendel, then to get him a coach he was familiar with, has not helped this situation. Hearts were adrift for weeks after Leveins 'sacking', points that could have been banked were lost, week after week. There was an arrogance that Hearts would be fine, they just needed to wait until they got the right manager then all would be well and they would regain their rightful place in the top six, according to Budge. All the while points were being pissed up the wall.

None of this is to defend Stendel, he's miles out of his depth, and has all the hallmarks of German Cathro, all tactics an no idea how to manage a team of experienced pros. His handling of Berra and Whelan may have been an early indicator that he wasn't the greatest communicator. An SD would have solved a lot of that. Negligence on Budge's part to not appoint one.

Edited by TheTrumpet

WheatfieldWarrior
4 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I disagree.  Hearts are set up with a DofF/SD structure, You cannot sack the guy that does both, and some of his team and expect a new manager to come in a organise everything whilst firefighting relegation, with no help except Andy Kirk. The time it took to appoint Stendel, then to get him a coach he was familiar with, has not helped this situation. Hearts were adrift for weeks after Leveins 'sacking', points that could have been banked were lost, week after week. There was an arrogance that Hearts would be fine, they just needed to wait until they got the right manager then all would be well and they would regain their rightful place in the top six, according to Budge. All the while points were being pissed up the wall.

None of this is to defend Stendel, he's miles out of his depth, and has all the hallmarks of German Cathro, all tactics an no idea how to manage a team of experienced pros. His handling of Berra and Whelan may have been an early indicator that he wasn't the greatest communicator. An SD would have solved a lot of that. Negligence on Budge's part to not appoint one.

A German Terry Butcher is another way to look at it.

2 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

A German Terry Butcher is another way to look at it.

I believe my Hibs supporting chums have a few names for him - Jerry Butcher, Jurgen Doon, Jurgen Flopp.

Laughter is good, it stops people from crying.

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

How many Championship sides have we played with Stendel in charge?

The game against Falkirk wasn’t too convincing. I stand by my opinion.

Trying to stay on the Stendel train. Stop giving opposition teams easy chances and if we can start scoring first it might just work. Looking at the form this year,  compared to the end of last year to give me some slight positives;

Screenshot_20200216-021029_FlashScore UK.jpg

WheatfieldWarrior
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The dot count v the huns will be interesting that’s for sure

Not sure about this - I think Rangers fans will buy tickets in the Hearts end.

12 hours ago, DS98 said:

I’d rather have Davina McCall

Well thank feck for Halkett and his Robert McCall. 

9 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Would be a suicidal decision by the board if true. 

Imagine the anger with that coupled with the anger of relegation should it come to pass. The reaction would be nuclear 😂

If it is true and Levein is kept on , and coupled with relegation then nuclear would be an understatement.  
Absolute suicidal decision from Budge. This ST holder will not renew after 30+ years. Not a penny should go to that imposter 

It wouldn’t surprise me tbh

Edited by 1971fozzy

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I can simplify. 

It's the managers job to organise the team and play effectively. 

We look disorganised and play ineffectively.

Amazing how some have changed their tack.

Levein it was all his fault and the players were not to blame. 

Stendel the players are all soft as shite. 

Talk about changing the narrative to suit your argument. 

Since Neilson other than two short periods, where we broke the clean sheet record and obviously the start of last season,  this team rarely gets what it's supposed to be doing. 

I thought we were getting better but the players are at odds with one another and clearly confused,  goals are leaking .

The manager stops that.

Made 2 good choices during the game,  the 2nd too late. 

Both starting full backs were changed. Hickey was dead on his feet very early. 

Clare is another bomb scare in his own box. The lad isn't a defender and shouldn't be doing it. 

One last comment which has to be considered a mitigating factor for Stendel and why I think he can still get this right. 

Midweek games. A barrage of them. 

Makes things very difficult to implement and to coach when time is being spent regularly on recovery. 

For a couple of months I think he needs to learn how to win ugly all the same 

10 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

If Levein is kept on at the club after the end of the season then that’s it for me. Season ticket holder for 26 years and I won’t be back.

Same here. 

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Only go to the home games myself and I've never known teams to get so much space in behind our defence with such regularity at Tynecastle. You can never predict how a match will pan out but it's fair to say we may have gotten a little fortune with Hamilton going down to 10. 

They had to make an enforced change early on when the full back went off but brought on Alston as they obviously felt there was a chance they'd score more, obviously the red card changed things again for them.

It's extremely worrying that we are unable to beat sides like Hamilton and Kilmarnock at home. The manager needs to show he's at least got the flexibility to change his approach as necessary in order to keep us in the league. If things carry on as they are then we will go down, no question. 

We aren't going to sack him before the end of the season so we need to get behind him and the team as they are going to need us. Should we go down however I'm not sure how anyone can say he should be kept on. Levein and Stendel should be held equally responsible IMO if the worst was to happen. He's got a decent pool of players and a good manager should be able to get enough out of them to stay in the league at the absolute minimum. 

I sincerely hope the man is good enough to do it and if he does then we'll obviously get to see what he can do next season but if he doesn't then he'll have failed and should go. Relegation from the SPFL with one of it's biggest clubs could be a fatal blow to his CV so it's absolutely in his interests to get the job done. 🙏🙏

Agreed. No way he should stay if relegated.

15 hours ago, gjcc said:

You want Pereira back in? Brave. 

Joel is shit, In over 40 years of following Hearts have I never known a worse keeper. 

It should have been ten
8 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

To simply avoid starting another new thread I want to add how much of a helmet Alan Preston is. A failed, almost semi professional footballer and media slug making out he is some kind of Gab Marcotti.

**** him and that bitch Michael Stewart.

This. Allan Preston was a shite footballer and an equally shite media pundit. Can’t stand his voice. Plus the guy is an absolute slaver of the highest order. Hearts supporter aye right!

Edited by It should have been ten

It should have been ten
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Wouldn't have to moan if we won games 😉

Ah but then you’d be gutted having nothing to moan about 😜

7 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

I believe my Hibs supporting chums have a few names for him - Jerry Butcher, Jurgen Doon, Jurgen Flopp.

Laughter is good, it stops people from crying.

They sound like a hilarious bunch 

Did they enjoy the cup final in 2012 ? You asked them how their Ponzi scheme is doing ? Might even tell them to watch their manager around the Physio ? They going to check and see if their points safe before they go around arranging any more relegation parties again ? 

Fair enough. They are allowed a laugh. I’ve been laughing at them my whole life 

pettigrewsstylist

Everybody in that stadium knew what was going to happen with Halkett and Soutter yesterday and what Hamilton would subject them to, if unchecked.

We cracked on with plan AAA, found ourselves  0-2 down.

Guys out of his depth or held back by a failure to compromise. Doesnt matter which tbh. He will take us down if not stopped imo.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Uche said:

Daniel Stendel is not fit to be our manager.  He needs emptied now.

:rofl:

Great username.

It’s a high-risk strategy to play such teams without a recognised defensive midfielder and hope that everyone collectively pressing will somehow compensate. Evidence so far is that it is a strategy with little success and reward.

way out west jambo

Always looks like he’s thrown the team together on the back of a fag packet on his way in on a Saturday morning. Different formations every week. Clearly the players don’t know what he’s asking them to do. No idea on how we’re going to handle the opposition and he has no ability to change the game with subs or tactical changes.

This guy is not the answer. Something needs to happen. 

9 minutes ago, Uche said:

Daniel Stendel is not fit to be our manager.  He needs emptied now.

You need emptied.  58 posts and everyone of them negative. 

10 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

That’s kind of where I’m at.

We have no choice but to keep backing him and the team as much as we can. Anything else will just make us worse, the consequences of which are obvious.

They have to, somehow concentrate on cutting out the errors because they’re knocking the stuffing out of us and turning games into gargantuan uphill struggles. 

The space behind when we lose possession(usually of our own doing) is scary.  I was concerned too at the lack of pace from a couple with getting back. 

possession stats are stark though. We need to start scoring early to settle nerves- as stendel said, the exact opposite from our start yesterday!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s a bit of a nightmare. Stendel has the potential to be good but trying to play this style with these shit players is going to get us relegated 

• Maple Leaf locked this topic