• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leveins Battalion

• OldGorgie

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

1 hour ago, gorgieroar said:

Wonder how much was spent recently sending club ambassador and  mcphee to America we don't even have any American players on the books 

Cost the club nothing. AM’s company paid for this. Source??? Club ambassador himself...straight from the horses mouth

Hectormasson

Anyone else who would allow the new stand to run 11million over budget would get sacked.

I'd also bet she wouldn't have allowed it to happen if it had been her own money.

Totally correct ,,,,

Hectormasson

Anyone else who would allow the new stand to run 11million over budget would get sacked.

I'd also bet she wouldn't have allowed it to happen if it had been her own money.

Budge will be praying we get a reprieve and stay up !      

annushorribilis III
3 hours ago, Sid said:

Just run me through the known facts of the tidy profit she has made?  
Good starting point would be :

How much has she invested personally or through donations she has secured through “anonymous benefactors“.
How much has she been paid out? Could even chuck on another £1m for the conspiracy theorists who believe she funnelled money through her relatives. 
a measure of success, whether you like it or not, is value of business when leaving V value of business when arrived. 
but feel happy to exclude all of that and solely focus on poor performance on he park (which is ultimately the most important aspect but needs the foundations around it. 

Hi Sid.

If you're happy to have the out of control spending, the abysmal year on year on field performances and a DoF failing everywhere then that's fine by me. I'm not here to convert anyone. 

If you're happy to have the success of a football club defined by it's balance sheet (while the above pertains) , I'm cool with that too. 

If you're happy with the club being bottom of the league  : fair enough. 

Can you just remind us all :

what were the outcomes of the review of the "football department", how is the club dealing  with the  departure of the indispensable CL and what is the way ahead ? 

Cheers. 

annushorribilis III
4 hours ago, Sid said:

Just run me through the known facts of the tidy profit she has made?  
Good starting point would be :

How much has she invested personally or through donations she has secured through “anonymous benefactors“.
How much has she been paid out? Could even chuck on another £1m for the conspiracy theorists who believe she funnelled money through her relatives. 
a measure of success, whether you like it or not, is value of business when leaving V value of business when arrived. 
but feel happy to exclude all of that and solely focus on poor performance on he park (which is ultimately the most important aspect but needs the foundations around it. 

Sorry Sid

I forgot about this belter -  but feel happy to exclude all of that and solely focus on poor performance on he park (which is ultimately the most important aspect

In your own words. 

PS I did NOT focus solely on performance on the park but cheers for that. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Sorry Sid

I forgot about this belter -  but feel happy to exclude all of that and solely focus on poor performance on he park (which is ultimately the most important aspect

In your own words. 

PS I did NOT focus solely on performance on the park but cheers for that. 

:rofl: I know, let's ignore what we pay to see.

9 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

It didn't but don't let facts get in the way. Budge took too long to remove Levein, everyone agrees with that. The rest is just people letting off steam, who were totally absent a couple of weeks ago. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It didn't but don't let facts get in the way. Budge took too long to remove Levein, everyone agrees with that. The rest is just people letting off steam, who were totally absent a couple of weeks ago. 

Irrespective of whipping the vermin, people had come to a position on Budge before now. I think we need a change at all levels before football starts again.

45 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Irrespective of whipping the vermin, people had come to a position on Budge before now. I think we need a change at all levels before football starts again.

This is Geoff Kilpatrick, reporting live from my deckchair, turn 11 at the Australian Grand Prix. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
33 minutes ago, EH11 said:

This is Geoff Kilpatrick, reporting live from my deckchair, turn 11 at the Australian Grand Prix. 

Badoom tish.

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

Wonder how much was spent recently sending club ambassador and  mcphee to America we don't even have any American players on the books 

Boys seems like a freeloader. Who has he brought in that isnt from the big island to the west?

He certainly cant be helping to win games, based on his shot at the title.

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Anybody who thinks she should be making another managerial appointment is stark raving mad. 

Fair point.

Weakened Offender
10 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The sooner the cabbage patch doll is gone the better

Look at me, look at me... 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Look at me, look at me... 

He’s right though. Too many ******s have been backing her for too long.

Suso Santana

I thank her for putting the money in to save us, i thank her for everything she's done behind the scenes. 

And i thank her for the learning experience.

We should never ever ever evvvvvvvvver again have an owner that fully admits to knowing nothing about football. 

18 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Hi Sid.

If you're happy to have the out of control spending, the abysmal year on year on field performances and a DoF failing everywhere then that's fine by me. I'm not here to convert anyone. 

If you're happy to have the success of a football club defined by it's balance sheet (while the above pertains) , I'm cool with that too. 

what were the outcomes of the review of the "football department", how is the club dealing  with the  departure of the indispensable CL and what is the way ahead ? 

Cheers. 

you started “the facts”. Now share them with us or start a debate on something else if you accept you have no idea what the facts are.  Which you appear to be doing. 

18 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Hi Sid.

Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Without Romanov we would be dead. With Budge, we are as good as dead. 

Not a guarantee of her doing more damage than him then.

His post will probably be deleted but I see more severe abuse to other users and other people every second on here. Have you seen the Donald Trump thread? Why do we accept abuse to some but not to others? Why do we wrap Budge in bubble wrap? She is not a fragile little lassie ffs. 

Just now, graygo said:

Not a guarantee of her doing more damage than him then.

Romanov gave me the best days of my Hearts supporting life. Budge has given me my worst.

A_A wehatethehibs

Yes Budge legacy has been left in tatters sadly. All the good work she did with the rebuild, and the stand, and the strong finances, all undone by 2 main things 

1. Failing to sack Levein and restructure the football club when the time was right 18 months ago when it became clear that there was no progress beyond 6th place ever going to be possible under the direction strategy of Levein. Ruthless decisive leadership was required but Budge didn’t have it.

2. The unfathomable, incredible, incalculable bad decision to keep Levein around the club after it went beyond a joke and she was forced to sack him. A complete sickening embarrassment to the club to the extent that I never want to see Ann Budges face anywhere near Hearts ever again. 

The question is, who is going to take the reigns? Is there anybody out there?

davemclaren
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

His post will probably be deleted but I see more severe abuse to other users and other people every second on here. Have you seen the Donald Trump thread? Why do we accept abuse to some but not to others? Why do we wrap Budge in bubble wrap? She is not a fragile little lassie ffs. 

Because misogyny is against the rules I guess so gender specific insults could be viewed in that manner. 

glynnlondon
5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes Budge legacy has been left in tatters sadly. All the good work she did with the rebuild, and the stand, and the strong finances, all undone by 2 main things 

1. Failing to sack Levein and restructure the football club when the time was right 18 months ago when it became clear that there was no progress beyond 6th place ever going to be possible under the direction strategy of Levein. Ruthless decisive leadership was required but Budge didn’t have it.

2. The unfathomable, incredible, incalculable bad decision to keep Levein around the club after it went beyond a joke and she was forced to sack him. A complete sickening embarrassment to the club to the extent that I never want to see Ann Budges face anywhere near Hearts ever again. 

Her inaction the past 3 years has been ridiculous.

Reacting far too late continually and then wasting the best part of 2 months pissing about with the excuse of getting it right before yet more blunders.

This fixation on long termism while blatantly ignoring the immediate problems of the present has been staggering , what business does that ?

As for the rest of the board what the hell have they been doing ? Are they cardboard cutouts ?

She has ego and stubborness in abundance which can be useful granted in a business where you knew what you're doing.

In one that you don't it's a disaster.

Regardless of what happens this season the amateur hour bollocks has to end which means Budge has got to go.

Randy Marsh
6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Maybe Firework Phil.  What's he up to these days?

JamboNation

I have no problem with Anne Budge she is  the only owner in my lifetime whose leadership and decdiosn have been soley focused on the prosperity of the club and not their own , she has done amazing things for this club For me the problem is the management structure,  If she had appointed a chief executive then we probably been more decisive and had a better balance to the club , I think that would be the smart move now.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 13/03/2020 at 21:45, Saughton Jambo said:

Cost the club nothing. AM’s company paid for this. Source??? Club ambassador himself...straight from the horses mouth

Lies

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Lies

What are you basing this on? Was told directly from the club ambassador as I asked him who was paying for this. In fact you can ask him directly yourself and if you don’t have his number then I can arrange it. I wouldn’t make up a statement of fact when I heard it straight from the man himself prior to the cup game with sevco. You obviously have another source or another agenda to try and call me out.  Which is it? 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

On 13/03/2020 at 20:43, gorgieroar said:

Correct. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What are you basing this on? Was told directly from the club ambassador as I asked him who was paying for this 

I don’t believe it for a second 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t believe it for a second 

I’m telling you he told me directly himself. He also told me what the fact finding mission was about and it was AM who approached the club with his idea and not the other way around. I also know where they went and the purpose of the visit. So unless you’re armed with all the facts then I suggest you don’t go public with your hunch and calling people out for being liars. Get your facts right first  DTD! 

22 minutes ago, JamboNation said:

I have no problem with Anne Budge she is  the only owner in my lifetime whose leadership and decdiosn have been soley focused on the prosperity of the club and not their own , she has done amazing things for this club For me the problem is the management structure,  If she had appointed a chief executive then we probably been more decisive and had a better balance to the club , I think that would be the smart move now.

👍

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, JamboNation said:

Ann Budge has certainly done a number of good things. It cant be overlooked that she has led the club from a reboot scenario. No debt and through emergence from CVA she has been the only owner of the club in most if not everyones lifetime to not have to manage varying degrees of a financially unstable club. She needs to be applauded for the external investment she has attracted 

To take the club to the brink of relegation 6 years from the emergence from Administration with all of the assistance the unprecedented financial situation has brought is basically unbelievable

This situation should never have transpired.  There were numerous warning signs which were chosen to be ignored. Fans were treated with contempt.  When she finally relieved Craig Levein of the managerial position she did so in a manner that appeared to suggest fan pressure led her to do so but she would rather it hadn't 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo
Typo

Scnorthedinburgh

If there are no games for 4 or 5 months, the Budge oot people may have to be a bit humble.

League position aside we don't have to stress about going out of business again.  A few clubs will be realy sweating now.

Something has to change. Agreed.

But the level of abuse directed towards Anne Budge on this thread is something to behold.

The fact is that without her there would be no club. It was a combined effort and all fans who joined FoH, kept going to matches, or otherwise put their hands in their pockets, also played our part. But she was key and deserves respect (actually, respect is the bare minimum; she deserves much more than that).

The internet brings out the worst in people. 

pettigrewsstylist

We have so much to thank Ann Budge for.

Poor advice was her downfall

The genuine fans email was cringeworthy

On 13/03/2020 at 07:06, Leveins Battalion said:

🤣🤣🤣🙈

FFS its folk like these guys👆 that explains why Hears are where we are.

It's not just gone wrong,we have been shafted big time on the stand,I'm led to believe all will become clear soon regarding our "signing policy" .....make of that what you want.

Of course there will be blame we have a £6 million wage bill and are going to be relegated.🤷‍♂️

Garbage and you can’t even spell the clubs name properly.

Edited by OldGorgie

On 13/03/2020 at 13:55, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Without a football team, the stand, etc will be demolished.

Not necessarily...

Loyalty has bitten her in the ass. Trust has left her reputation dented. I hope embarrassment drives her back on track.

We have many problems, loads fall at her door. In 6 months time we may well just be thankful we have had her at the helm for the past 5 years tho as other clubs face extinction. For over a year now we’ve argued how healthy, balanced books and proper financial governance don’t make up for poor performance on the park, which I agree with, but we may well end up thankful for it further down the line.