We Are Going Down

James1874f

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

We got lucky with that red card. Without it we were toast.

Look at the reason for the red card , soft or not . Yes we gave away 2 stupid goals (1 offside ?) but we had time to come back . 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• soonbe110

• Beast Boy

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

We got lucky with that red card. Without it we were toast.

The post was about fight, we’ve fought back from 2 goals down. Sometimes playing against 10 can make it harder as the opponent doesn’t even try to come out their half. That was a hard fought point, we move on to the next game 

5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

But, but, you forgot Boyce and Sibbick. Convenient.

Anyway, if your right, and Langer and Donis are proved to be shite, in terms of standard of players signed, on trend, Stendel is still streets ahead of your hero.

On the basis that managers buy players to suit their own particular playing system, then I’ll assume that come the summer another full clear out is required. 

Cue more excuses being proposed and when that actually happens 

Donis is on a 6 month deal, so even if he is shite the damage is fairly limited. 

Unlike Levein's signings who we are lumbered with on long term contracts, ie Loic Damour on a 4 year contract. 

Pretty unbelievable that you have folk digging out Stendel on recruitment while defending his predecessor.

I’ve been trying to imagine what being in the championship would mean to us this time round.  There would be no feel good factor like last time, although we’d still have some great young players who could really shine at that level.  

I’m also starting to come to terms with the idea of ‘big’ players not being here (Souttar, Halkett, Hickey, Smith, Naismith, Boyce, Clare, Washington) and I’m ok with it because at the end of the day they haven’t been able to get us out of the mess we’re in just now.  They are all as culpable as the poor management and oversight that has got us to the bottom of the league.  Some of them will command transfer fees which we’ll need to revamp the squad and ensure we come straight back up.  I think we’d move Damour, Lee, Berra, Wighton and McLean on as well, and all the loan players/short term deals would go too.  

What would that leave us with?  Well young players like Irving, Henderson, Moore etc aside I actually reckon we’d be able to keep the following;

Zlamal

Brandon

Dikamona

Garrucio

White

Bozanic 

Haring (if we can get him fit I think he’ll look to repay us with loyalty)

Walker (I think he’d stay)

Uche (who else would take him?)

Beyond that it will be manager specific.  Will be difficult for Stendel in the championship as that potential pipeline from his previous clubs will no doubt close.  I can’t see him sticking around to be fair. 

17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

... we came back from 0-2 and drew 2-2 in some of the most torrid conditions I’ve ever seen, so yes, we did look up for the fight. We fought tooth and nail for that point. No it’s not the win which we needed, but we are not out of the fight there’s 3 teams within 3 points of each other and 33 points to play for. 

33 points indeed. And, we play the teams all around us after the split. 

1/ Do we need to get better and play like our lives depended on it for the remaining games ? Yes 

2/ Is it realistically achievable ? Yes 

3/ Was the good ship Heart of Midlothian already damaged when we hit that iceberg in December ? Yes 

4/ Do we need cleansed to a degree ? Yes 

5/ Do we need to get rid of the previous Captain and his crew ? Yes 

6/ if we do and when we sail again will we be a better ship ? Damn right we will 

The ship was written off by December last year. Hard and fast reality is that it takes time to rebuild

In the meantime there are still points to play for. 

6 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Donis is on a 6 month deal, so even if he is shite the damage is fairly limited. 

Unlike Levein's signings who we are lumbered with on long term contracts, ie Loic Damour on a 4 year contract. 

Pretty unbelievable that you have folk digging out Stendel on recruitment while defending his predecessor.

They should be digging their own heads out of the sand before digging out Stendel mate. As you rightly said re recruitment, zero logic in anything being said 

Levein - 70 plus players signed in his tenure 

Stendel - 4 (in the shabbiest window whatsoever trying to get players to drop their pants and jump on board to help in a relegation fight) 

But comparing their respective records is fair and the right thing to do 

Weakened Offender
23 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Bit factual for most on here .

Yes it was a 10 man Hamilton but we came close to winning it because there is plenty fight in our , I agree , flawed team .  As I said before the media narrative was all about gallant Hamilton . Which was fair enough but surely people are capable of looking past that to what actually happened ?

Not making excuses but we didn't get the breaks on Saturday . 

We got a huge break on Saturday, just after they went two up. 

Hamilton played the match for 70 minutes with ten men, missing their captain and other key players. They deserve all the plaudits. 

We were shite and scraped a point. Again. 

16 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’ve been trying to imagine what being in the championship would mean to us this time round.  There would be no feel good factor like last time, although we’d still have some great young players who could really shine at that level.  

I’m also starting to come to terms with the idea of ‘big’ players not being here (Souttar, Halkett, Hickey, Smith, Naismith, Boyce, Clare, Washington) and I’m ok with it because at the end of the day they haven’t been able to get us out of the mess we’re in just now.  They are all as culpable as the poor management and oversight that has got us to the bottom of the league.  Some of them will command transfer fees which we’ll need to revamp the squad and ensure we come straight back up.  I think we’d move Damour, Lee, Berra, Wighton and McLean on as well, and all the loan players/short term deals would go too.  

What would that leave us with?  Well young players like Irving, Henderson, Moore etc aside I actually reckon we’d be able to keep the following;

Zlamal

Brandon

Dikamona

Garrucio

White

Bozanic 

Haring (if we can get him fit I think he’ll look to repay us with loyalty)

Walker (I think he’d stay)

Uche (who else would take him?)

Beyond that it will be manager specific.  Will be difficult for Stendel in the championship as that potential pipeline from his previous clubs will no doubt close.  I can’t see him sticking around to be fair. 

If Stendel walked then I think you'd see Berra re-instated after his loan spell for one. Haring may well stay out of loyalty, Walker would probably stay unless someone offered him a decent contract, Uche wouldn't but could be useful against lesser players in the Championship. Irving, Moore, Henderson, Brandon, Garuccio or even White, Cochane, MacDonald, Morrison, Burns, Keena would be back (championship may be his level), Wighton and others. Stone may be goalkeeper with the three others leaving, well, possibly Doyle would stay. The rest will be out the door for as much money as we can get for them. For a bit of fun....

………………....…..Stone

…..Brandon, Baur, Berra, Garuccio

MacDonald, Cochrane, Haring, White

…………..Henderson, Keena

subs: Doyle, Morrison, Wighton, Irving, Moore, Burns, Petkov

Obviously this is with no new signings which would be expected.

Edited by jambonian

Bazzas right boot

CL has nothing to do with the 1st team. 

Stendel is at least OK with the set up or he wouldn't be here. 

Stendel taken over when we were second bottom. 

We are currently bottom. 

He had 22 games to maintain 2nd bottom place at the very least 

He's had 3/4 key players return and signed 4 players. 

His only remit this season is too finish at least second bottom then win a play off game. 

To keep us up. 

His high press game and his insistence on using Jp imo cost us points over the past few games. 

If we get relegated it would mean that he has either finished bottom or second bottom and list the play off. 

Unacceptable by any standards. 

I hope we stay up and he gets to take us forward but he must keep us up. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We are currently bottom. 

His only remit this season is too finish at least second bottom then win a play off game. 

To keep us up. 

His high press game and his insistence on using Jp imo cost us points over the past few games. 

If we get relegated it would mean that he has either finished bottom or second bottom and list the play off. 

On the money

Jambof3tornado
44 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

... we came back from 0-2 and drew 2-2 in some of the most torrid conditions I’ve ever seen, so yes, we did look up for the fight. We fought tooth and nail for that point. No it’s not the win which we needed, but we are not out of the fight there’s 3 teams within 3 points of each other and 33 points to play for. 

Yes we fought back but when they went 2 up where was our fight? Why do we continually make it a harder task for ourselves with stupid mistakes? If Accies had kept 11 men on the park we were getting a pasting.

People kidding themselves if they think we have a squad that are ready for a battle. Maybe some of the players have yet to accept relegation is a strong possibility, maybe the ones that have an escape route planned just dont give a ****.

Ex member of the SaS
10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

They should be digging their own heads out of the sand before digging out Stendel mate. As you rightly said re recruitment, zero logic in anything being said 

Levein - 70 plus players signed in his tenure 

Stendel - 4 (in the shabbiest window whatsoever trying to get players to drop their pants and jump on board to help in a relegation fight) 

But comparing their respective records is fair and the right thing to do 

Sorry to contradict you but in his time as DoF ( yes dof did have a say in who we signed )  and manager, Levein signed well over 100 players all bar a handful were dire.

Those who claimed some were Cathro's players, I ask you, IF Levein was such a genius then why did he allow Cathro to sign crap, and why give them 3 year deals?

1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

If we get relegated then Stendel will have to shoulder some of the blame. However, when it comes to who is responsible for us going down he’ll be pretty far down the list of people responsible. 

Let’s not forget we were the worst team in the league for a full year, followed by 6 weeks of McPhee in charge. Levein was DoF for five years and manager for more than two. He’s been the architect of this disaster 100%. 

Stendel’s come in to a squad full of overpaid garbage, a bunch of senior players treating the place like a holiday camp and pretty much all of the players have acknowledged that the previous regimes training was a joke. He’s had to sign players on a one in one out basis, with players that started for Levein finding their level at the likes of Fleetwood, Raith Rovers and Dundee. Not to mention the hard sell of attracting players to a club bottom of the table. 

I think it’s likely that we’ll go down and if we do the main two culprits are Budge and Levein. The fact that the latter continues to hang around and pick up a wage tells you everything you need to know about his character. The guy has made a killing out of us over the last five years, knowing it would most likely be his last payday in football and milking it for all its worth. Shouldn’t be allowed to show his face at tynecastle again and the defence for him on here is truly baffling and not something I’ve seen from any Hearts fan in “real life”. 

Yep.

If we go down Stendel’s blame in all this is limited for me. The absolute farce that was Levein’s reign has landed in an irreversible cycle of shite. Relegation would mean Budge and Levein’s presence at Hearts would no longer be tenable. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well said, he gave Levein two years and 5 windows but wants rid of Stendel after two months and 4 signings compared to 40-50 of his hero who will be at fault if we go down and better run and hide.

Incredible. A complete inability to look at the present and recognise the failings in front of you. Nope, so entrenched in the past and your bitterness towards Levein, you will happily walk backwards right off the edge off a cliff as you shout behind you.

Giving a manager a free pass despite relegation even when the signs are glaring in front of you that it’s not working?

Absolutely incredible. The priority here is what is good for the club, not being seen to be fair to Levein/Stendel/As yet appointed manager. You don’t merrily accept relegation because you need to give the new failing manager as many transfer windows as the last failed manager.

Stendel still has time to turn things around, and we all hope he does, but he is running out of time, and we are seeing the same mistakes over and over again.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

If we go down Stendel’s blame in all this is limited for me. The absolute farce that was Levein’s reign has landed in an irreversible cycle of shite. Relegation would mean Budge and Levein’s presence at Hearts would no longer be tenable. 

:rofl:

10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Sorry to contradict you but in his time as DoF ( yes dof did have a say in who we signed )  and manager, Levein signed well over 100 players all bar a handful were dire.

Those who claimed some were Cathro's players, I ask you, IF Levein was such a genius then why did he allow Cathro to sign crap, and why give them 3 year deals?

I meant in his direct time as manager at the club. Didn’t include the DOF record as was trying to be fair with my point in terms of who made the signing 👍

that said, you are correct 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We are currently bottom. 

To keep us up. 

Don’t disagree with anything you’ve said but I would argue that it’s not as simple as youve laid it out, in terms of what Stendel has had to work with/deal with. That said, any manager, Levein/Stendel/MacPhee really should be getting more out this side. When do we stop blaming the manager and start actual looking at the players? What is Levein/Stendel meant to do when Joel can’t make a save, Souttar/Halkett/Berra can’t defend, Naismith/Boyce/Walker/Uche can’t take chances etx, Clare/Hickey/Garrucio etc give away penalties. The failure of these players to do the basics is embarrassing. If we do go down, I would expect all of them to stay and try help fix the mess they’ve created as way of an apology to the fans and club. 

As far as Stendel is concerned in all of this, I don’t think we Sloan judge him, fairly, on his results pre winter break. He was seeing the players if you are lucky twice a week for proper intense training, everything else was just little light recovery days, very hard to get your point across. Since the winter break, when he had some time to try implement his ideas properly we have played 8, won 3, lost 3 and drawn 2. If he wins on Friday night then he’ll have won nearly 50% of his games, which is something to cheer about all things considered 😂😂. He’ll have also won as many league games as Levein managed in the whole of 2019 in 2 months. 

If you wanna dive into Stendels mistakes then look at, as you’ve mentioned, the insistence on playing Joel and the goals he’s cost us, you could argue that we may have won more than 3, but that’s all if my aunty had balls etc etc. If he continues to play Clare and Hickey as high then that’ll be more mistakes that will cost us points. He has to adapt his style to take into consideration our weaknesses and how other teams will play against us. St Mirren will 100% play long balls on Friday trying to put Halkett and Souttar under pressure. If we play a high line then they’ll constantly be 2 vs 2 against us and with nearly every shot being a goal against just now, we will struggle to keep a clean sheet. Another mistake he seems to be determined to stick with is Naismith in a deep lying role. He’s ineffective in that role. He needs to be beside Boyce. We aren’t seeing the best out of Naismith or Boyce with Naismith playing so deep. He has to be able to adapt and react to weaknesses on our team. We can’t call out Levein for the square peg round hole syndrome and then ignore Stendel doing the same. 

For some reason we just don't seem to have the same fight and guile that Hamilton,St Midden ect have on Sat Hamilton scrapped and fought like hell whilst we huffed and puffed. I really hope we can turn it around although time is not on our side , still on to Friday HHGH!!

I've said it on a few other threads if Stendel would just sit in for the first 20 mins or so and see what the opposition has before we go gung-ho, then we've got half a chance . 

If he keeps going on the way he is I think we're going down . 

In his defence he set out the team brilliantly in the second half against the 10 men and we were really unlucky not to win . 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Sorry, I don’t really see the point in getting into that discussion unless you believe that there aren’t any experienced managers who are not over-reliant on Plan A. I’m not suggesting anyone previously employed in management at Tynecastle if that’s what you are trying to imply.

What managers that are more experienced than Stendel were linked with the club when Levein was moved out the job was my point?

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

If Hearts go down then I'd get who I said should have been appointed instead of Stendel, - Stuart McCall. He should have been given an 18 month contract, told to get rid of half the squad and keep Hearts up, more a stock management role than manager but he would have done the job, and I very much doubt Hearts would be bottom with McCall in charge. Once he'd sorted the squad out, with the help of a SD, then and only then should an appointment like Stendel have been made, when there was lots of room to play with in the squad, and the budget for it.

None of that would have been glamorous or exciting but it was, in my opinion, necessary after the Levein fiasco and the state if the squad that was left behind. Solid manager, has the media on side, knows league and can set a team up, that was what was required, not some ridiculous dream that Hearts were about to turn into Borussia Dortmund. 

Another failed manager, that done how would’ve got the squad we had to play his type of hoof ball that is different from Leveins. Hoof ball with that squad got us to the bottom of the league, but hoof ball will save us? Idealists eh 🙈.

33 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Sorry to contradict you.

They WERE Cathros players. Why else would Levein ship them out to replace him with his own.

Of course the truth just wouldn't suit your rather obvious Levein bashing agenda would it?

10 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I've said it on a few other threads if Stendel would just sit in for the first 20 mins or so and see what the opposition has before we go gung-ho, then we've got half a chance . 

If he keeps going on the way he is I think we're going down . 

In his defence he set out the team brilliantly in the second half against the 10 men and we were really unlucky not to win . 

There’s a degree of truth in that, but the prevailing belief remains that being on the front foot from the off sets the tone for the game. Hamilton didn’t show any finesse, simply won the second balls and launched them over the top of our fragile line. Stendel either has to have someone in there winning the second balls, and again it won’t be Sibbick on Friday, or, as you say, drop ten yards and lure the opponent on for the opening. He took a long time to decide on dropping Pereira, but he cannot take as long to adapt the system.

27 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Incredible. A complete inability to look at the present and recognise the failings in front of you. Nope, so entrenched in the past and your bitterness towards Levein, you will happily walk backwards right off the edge off a cliff as you shout behind you.

Giving a manager a free pass despite relegation even when the signs are glaring in front of you that it’s not working?

Absolutely incredible. The priority here is what is good for the club, not being seen to be fair to Levein/Stendel/As yet appointed manager. You don’t merrily accept relegation because you need to give the new failing manager as many transfer windows as the last failed manager.

Stendel still has time to turn things around, and we all hope he does, but he is running out of time, and we are seeing the same mistakes over and over again.

This

Governor Tarkin
26 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It could be entirely possible that Stendel and Levein are both incompetent *******s and you lot are arguing over which is the least smelly shite in the toilet bowl.

The folk that refuse to accept that Levein made an absolute ***** of it over an extended period are just as blinkered as those who seek to admonish Stendel for the last few months.

This place is boring as **** these days. Barely any subtle levity left at all.

The best posters recently have been the Hibs interlopers. At least they're trying to have a laugh.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

CL never got us relegated, the point is about Stendel going if we got relegated. 

I could flip your argument around - 

You wanted CL gone after  sixth place finishes  and a lc sf and sc final yet would give a manager a chance after failing to finish above Hamilton after 22 games and who helped get us relegated? 

Relegation is a complete and utter failure and Stendel's job would be at risk. 

Tbh, he'll Likley have a clause and wouldn't stay with us anyway. 

No I wanted Levein gone after he failed to replicate the tactics that beat Celtic 4 nil, in case you’ve forgot we had a discussion about pressing where your lack of football knowledge was exposed more than Souttars defensive abilities.

If people don’t grasp the state of the team that Stendel took over, and that any system would expose their capabilities then what’s the point discussing it with them? Hypothetical discussions aren’t helping at this time when everything is still to play for. You all gave Levein far too long, can you stretch to the summer for Stendel.

10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

And there we have it. The Levein lover reveals his agenda, again!!

The justification for not sacking Stendel comes from affording him some of time to fix it Levein got. From the amount of time and effort he’s had to spend to sort out the absolute cluster feck he was left with. The shite playing squad he was left with. The negative mindset running throughout the club prior to his arrival.  The at best apathy, and at worst hatred, aimed at the management and playing staff from the fans. Stendel has not only come into a club where the team are in spiral. He’s come into a club that is cancerous, and the cause of the cancer is still there.

The demise of Hearts, such as that would be should we be relegated, lies much more at Levein door than Stendels.

Your hatred for Levein has actually blinded you to the fact that Stendel is not a good football manager. Sacked by Hannover96, sacked by Barnsley and he’ll be sacked by Hearts, unless we start winning football matches very very soon. I’ll ask you again, what would your justification be for not sacking Stendel if we are relegated? 

1 minute ago, Gabriel said:

There’s a degree of truth in that, but the prevailing belief remains that being on the front foot from the off sets the tone for the game. Hamilton didn’t show any finesse, simply won the second balls and launched them over the top of our fragile line. Stendel either has to have someone in there winning the second balls, and again it won’t be Sibbick on Friday, or, as you say, drop ten yards and lure the opponent on for the opening. He took a long time to decide on dropping Pereira, but he cannot take as long to adapt the system.

Yeah dropping back that 10 yards or so early on would make the difference. 

It's scary how thread bare we look at the back at times and obv individual errors are magnified because we haven't got the numbers back to snuff the danger out when they happen .

If he can sort this out we're in a decent place tbh . 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Don’t disagree with anything you’ve said but I would argue that it’s not as simple as youve laid it out, in terms of what Stendel has had to work with/deal with. That said, any manager, Levein/Stendel/MacPhee really should be getting more out this side. When do we stop blaming the manager and start actual looking at the players? What is Levein/Stendel meant to do when Joel can’t make a save, Souttar/Halkett/Berra can’t defend, Naismith/Boyce/Walker/Uche can’t take chances etx, Clare/Hickey/Garrucio etc give away penalties. The failure of these players to do the basics is embarrassing. If we do go down, I would expect all of them to stay and try help fix the mess they’ve created as way of an apology to the fans and club. 

As far as Stendel is concerned in all of this, I don’t think we Sloan judge him, fairly, on his results pre winter break. He was seeing the players if you are lucky twice a week for proper intense training, everything else was just little light recovery days, very hard to get your point across. Since the winter break, when he had some time to try implement his ideas properly we have played 8, won 3, lost 3 and drawn 2. If he wins on Friday night then he’ll have won nearly 50% of his games, which is something to cheer about all things considered 😂😂. He’ll have also won as many league games as Levein managed in the whole of 2019 in 2 months. 

If you wanna dive into Stendels mistakes then look at, as you’ve mentioned, the insistence on playing Joel and the goals he’s cost us, you could argue that we may have won more than 3, but that’s all if my aunty had balls etc etc. If he continues to play Clare and Hickey as high then that’ll be more mistakes that will cost us points. He has to adapt his style to take into consideration our weaknesses and how other teams will play against us. St Mirren will 100% play long balls on Friday trying to put Halkett and Souttar under pressure. If we play a high line then they’ll constantly be 2 vs 2 against us and with nearly every shot being a goal against just now, we will struggle to keep a clean sheet. Another mistake he seems to be determined to stick with is Naismith in a deep lying role. He’s ineffective in that role. He needs to be beside Boyce. We aren’t seeing the best out of Naismith or Boyce with Naismith playing so deep. He has to be able to adapt and react to weaknesses on our team. We can’t call out Levein for the square peg round hole syndrome and then ignore Stendel doing the same. 

Yip. 

One fb must stay back. Both can't charge forward all the time. 

Naismith further forward. 

He needs to adapt and now. 

Be good to see what we do if we score first as well. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Your hatred for Levein has actually blinded you to the fact that Stendel is not a good football manager. Sacked by Hannover96, sacked by Barnsley and he’ll be sacked by Hearts, unless we start winning football matches very very soon. I’ll ask you again, what would your justification be for not sacking Stendel if we are relegated? 

I’m not in the know but I would think there will be some sort of mutual break option in his contract should we get relegated. However, I could be very wrong. 😎

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Good manager or bad manager- either way he’s not the must culpable if we go down. 

If we do his biggest failure will be that he hasn’t managed to stop the rot which started under the previous regime. We were the worst team in the league for a full 12 months before Stendel arrived. 

I hope Daniel can turn it around and ultimately come the end of the season there can be a review of how he’s done. That being said, it’s the posters who continue to defend the clown that put us here that seem most determined to berate the guy who’s been brought in to tidy it up. 

People on here despise Levein and rightly so. The guy is a PoS and has taken the club for an utter ride, delivering nothing while overseeing an absolute shambles and is still taking a wage. 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I wanted Levein gone after he failed to replicate the tactics that beat Celtic 4 nil, in case you’ve forgot we had a discussion about pressing where your lack of football knowledge was exposed more than Souttars defensive abilities.

If people don’t grasp the state of the team that Stendel took over, and that any system would expose their capabilities then what’s the point discussing it with them? Hypothetical discussions aren’t helping at this time when everything is still to play for. You all gave Levein far too long, can you stretch to the summer for Stendel.

Have you not noticed, that the tactics that beat Rangers under Stendel and Celtic (twice) under Levein, simply cannot be replicated against other teams in the league? 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

One fb must stay back. Both can't charge forward all the time. 

Naismith further forward. 

He needs to adapt and now. 

Be good to see what we do if we score first as well. 

We are going to scud someone 4 or 5 with Stendel ball. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, busby1985 said:

We are going to scud someone 4 or 5 with Stendel ball. 

Yip, and hopefully during the summer he gets players in and embeds the football. 

First, we need to stay up. 

Spoiler

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

People keep saying that. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Aye, but we aren't getting the first goal. 

Ever. 

The amount of times we've scored first this season is ridiculous. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Just now, davemclaren said:

People keep saying that. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It’s gonna happen Dave. We had 17 shots on Saturday, 8 on target. Similar stats against Killie. 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not at all, what I’m saying it’s hypocritical of folk to say he should go if we get relegated but happily gave Levein time to get us into this mess.

As for Stendel I’m in total agreement with how he wants us to play, all our best teams harried and pressed the life out of teams and it gets the fans going. 
Whether the system will work with the players we currently have is another thing, I’m struggling to think of a system and formation that suits this band of misfits assembled by Levein. 
My bitterness towards Levein will never fade, but it’s not clouding my judgement 2 months into the new managers reign. If we do go down questions will be asked no doubt, there’s plenty of time to recover though and we shouldn’t give up with 33 points still to play for.

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Sorry to contradict you.

They WERE Cathros players. Why else would Levein ship them out to replace him with his own.

Of course the truth just wouldn't suit your rather obvious Levein bashing agenda would it?

Lol. Agendas.

You are taking the piss Craig.

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can you not read? or do you just read what you want? The clue is “the justification for not sacking Stendel comes from.........”

Coincidentally, I don’t have a hatred for Levein so I’m not blinded to anything. Your love for Levein. Now that’s a different matter. Maybe if you spent less time putting our manager down, and a bit more time supporting him, you’d be able to look at what he’s had to put right in an objective manner. But then again it’s obvious you’d prefer he fails. Won’t stop the vast majority of Hearts fans knowing who is truly responsible for this cluster though. Your bum chum Levein.

St. Mirren - A

Hibs - A

Motherwell - H

Livingstone - A

Ross C - H

----

Kilmarnock - A

St.Johnstone - H

Ross C - A

St.Mirren - H

Hamilton  - A

6 away games, only 4 at home.

30 points up for grabs - Where do we get 18 from?

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Have you not noticed that the tactics beat Rangers under Stendel and Celtic (twice) under Levein, simply cannot be replicated against other teams in the league? 

Here we go with this old argument again. Do Liverpool/Dortmund, Man City or the great Barcelona/Munich teams ever play any other way no matter who the opponent is. Your lack of football knowledge is astounding, the idea is to get the ball back, high up is great but it’s n your own half is ok too.

14640479-0643-4DCA-BF6F-DE6CB0203C30.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, H2 said:

St. Mirren - A

Hibs - A

Motherwell - H

Livingstone - A

Ross C - H

----

Kilmarnock - A

St.Johnstone - H

Ross C - A

St.Mirren - H

Hamilton  - A

6 away games, only 4 at home.

30 points up for grabs - Where do we get 18 from?

It doesn’t look great but we don’t know how many points we will need, 12 might be enough.

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I am half on your bus... but let me turn your analysis right on its head. Football is a weird game under CL we flying high at the head of the SPL and looking great... then the wheels fell off and we toiled for the rest of the season barely winning a game ... how many actually saw that coming? Not many on here, we were world beaters at some points on that run. WE have a new manager and his style of play is very different just maybe one game very soon it will click and we will win a few. I remain hopeful that the team are going to turn it around and put a wee run together.

edit

The other thing to remember we have not lost a lot of games in real terms since Stendel arrived in the last nine games we have lost two. The game against Celtic was always going to go against us so that was nothing new the game against Killie could have been very different with a combination of bad goal keeping and poor defending... but we showed fight and could possibly have snatched a draw. I know we are not winning enough but things can change... too many negative thinkers on here when things are not going well. 

I'm pretty sure I've been accused of being too positive in the past. 😆

You're right, of course - things could change dramatically and for the better.  I thought that moment had arrived when we beat Rangers, a result you would have thought would have cemented belief in Stendel's system in the players' minds.  Hasn't quite worked out that way.

If we beat St Mirren on Friday, I'll be feeling ever so slightly more positive.  Or less negative.

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Can you not read? or do you just read what you want? The clue is “the justification for not sacking Stendel comes from.........”

Coincidentally, I don’t have a hatred for Levein so I’m not blinded to anything. Your love for Levein. Now that’s a different matter. Maybe if you spent less time putting our manager down, and a bit more time supporting him, you’d be able to look at what he’s had to put right in an objective manner. But then again it’s obvious you’d prefer he fails. Won’t stop the vast majority of Hearts fans knowing who is truly responsible for this cluster though. Your bum chum Levein.

I am looking at it objectively. We have far better players than the other teams in the bottom six and we’re making an arse of it. Your the one resorting to infantile nonsense as you don’t have anything of substance to back Stendel with. 

12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It’s gonna happen Dave. We had 17 shots on Saturday, 8 on target. Similar stats against Killie. 

I certainly hope so but not convinced. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Here we go with this old argument again. Do Liverpool/Dortmund, Man City or the great Barcelona/Munich teams ever play any other way no matter who the opponent is. Your lack of football knowledge is astounding, the idea is to get the ball back, high up is great but it’s n your own half is ok too.

14640479-0643-4DCA-BF6F-DE6CB0203C30.jpeg

Your lack of footballing knowledge is equally astounding. The clue is that Liverpool have the players to play the system, we clearly do not. That is why we are getting relegated.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It doesn’t look great but we don’t know how many points we will need, 12 might be enough.

I don;t think we can afford to be that optimistic, the other clubs keep picking up points and when we get into the last five fixtures, it's likely that two teams will have little motivation to get points. IMO, we need to look at getting 18.

Out Optimism keeps coming and kicking us where it hurts.